Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage (40822 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by seangy4konji: 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
i was STILL looking at a video of this man in one of Pasumas show ooo...RIP DEJI
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by bigbam: 6:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
suffering a lifeless corpse... smh .. Abı em dey gıv thıer sef wahala
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by muheewa(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
me fear oooo
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by bioda: 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mariojane: I believe nairalanders shud read post before commenting. D post said its a form of respect.it is not their tradition or culture. Funny enough some of ur fathers who criticise Catholics for bowing to Mary will bow to d corpse now

go over the report again...
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by omoredia: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Chairman! grin
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Demainman1: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
bioda: Hmmmmmmn. ...becos of diz man's death, there has been a kind of curfew in akure..no late night movements since..fear rules in the town now..to the extent that some churches have suspended vigils..no beating of drums during vigils. ..we arrived akure around 11pm on Saturday & even the soldiers at d barracks check point said. ."akure dey hot ooooo"..advising we stop and sleep at the check point! May God save us...

Don't they also bury the king with some fresh human heads (about 30, i think), at least that is what i learnt those many many years ago when my family lived in Akure. That is the reason for the curfew too.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by jeamie(m): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Wetin be ur own..mumu..
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Solowande(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
ARE THEY STILL LIVIN IN 1928 ERA? GOD 4BID
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by shadowdude: 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hmmmm Oba niyen o...... Oloyemekun.. 2 god's Baba eledumare. Bembe! Tradition is tradition....
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Reachyrich(f): 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
dat we b his last respect.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by osaaaaa: 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Why all this response, some pple talk as if they come from sky, culture is culture and no culture is superior to others.this is common in some yoruba town...like my own town.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by royal231(m): 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
People lie in state..... its tradition ..naija guys on nairaland I tire for u all
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by bizfirst: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
The dead, at least, deserve to rest in peace! WTF!?
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by YEKEENMOSHOOD(m): 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
this is total nonsense........i never seen or heard somtin lyk ds since i stepped into ds earth.......what is ds world turning into ?
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by akinshivic(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Na wa O..........all this traditon things sha !
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by ceejayluv(m): 11:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
Weirdly freaky?, Yes.. Wrong?, Absolutely not. It's culture. We should all learn to preserve some aspects of our traditions, provided they're not illegal.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Modula(m): 1:22am On Dec 18, 2013
How comes his eyes are open
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by manny4life(m): 3:04am On Dec 18, 2013
Katsumoto: So many idiots on Nairaland.

Someone else's culture doesn't have to make sense to you.

If the people of Akure have this tradition, who are you dunderheads to question it?

Was Mandela's body in the morgue when it was lying in state for 3 days?

They make fun of African culture but are quick to imbibe American culture even when many of them have never stepped on a plane before.

Nice response..
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by MetaPhysical: 3:04am On Dec 18, 2013
Modula: How comes his eyes are open

So he can read what you write about him. Be nice and say good things. grin grin

Just kidding!
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by MetaPhysical: 3:04am On Dec 18, 2013
May his soul rest in peace! cool
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by manny4life(m): 3:05am On Dec 18, 2013
Here is a corpse standing...

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by manny4life(m): 3:07am On Dec 18, 2013
Another

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by rhymz(m): 5:24am On Dec 18, 2013
manny4life: Another

wow, are these guyz really dead
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by mentors: 5:57am On Dec 18, 2013
heykims: I wonder y people keep corpses in mortuaries stocked among other bodies, I pray my body neva grace dt cold room in decades to come.

bt u de enta bus join body wit oda ppl body... even go public places, u neva c smtin.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2013
imperiouxx: It's fine! I don't even have any plan of sleeping this night angry
*Drags him to gross anatomy laboratory* cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by iamdsam: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2013
It might look scary but it's our culture and we got to respect it. For those discriminating it, they can go to hell with their foreign culture they've stimulated.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Afritop(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
This looks embarrasing. Those that couldn't respect him or bow to him when he was alive and was sitting on the throne are now given opportunity to pay their respect to him now that he has passed out
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by manny4life(m): 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
rhymz: wow, are these guyz really dead

Yep, they are DEAD and GONE, they ain't coming back.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by tonychristopher: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Consultville: The corpse of the late Deji of Akure, Oba Adebiyi Adesida, the Afunbiowo (II) was today placed on the Monarch chair which was part of the tradition of the Akure Kingdom, a way of wishing the late traditional ruler farewell.

Residents of Akure, the Ondo State Capital trooped to the palace to see the corpse of their late king who died at the early hours of Sunday in his palace after a slight headache.

When DailyPost got to the paramount ruler’s palace, the place was filled with crowd.

The palace Chiefs were busy paying homage to the late Deji as if he was alive.

One of the Deji in Council who spoke with our correspondent said placing Deji on his seat was part of the tradition that must carried out in honour of the deceased Monarch.

The burial date for the late king is yet to be announced, but sources have revealed that he may be buried tomorrow.

THIS IS MADNESS...PAYING HOMAGE TO A LIVING MAN IS WRONG NOT TO TALK OF DEAD MAN....MEN PEOPLE CAN BE BAckward. YOU ONLY RESPECT HUMANS AND NOT EVERYBODY DESERVE THE RESPECT COS RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL.

THANK LORD THAT AM IGBO....WHAT IF RIGOR MORTIS SETS IN. WILL THIS DEJI JOINT BE BROKEN OR WHAT
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by tonychristopher: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Consultville: The corpse of the late Deji of Akure, Oba Adebiyi Adesida, the Afunbiowo (II) was today placed on the Monarch chair which was part of the tradition of the Akure Kingdom, a way of wishing the late traditional ruler farewell.

Residents of Akure, the Ondo State Capital trooped to the palace to see the corpse of their late king who died at the early hours of Sunday in his palace after a slight headache.

When DailyPost got to the paramount ruler’s palace, the place was filled with crowd.

The palace Chiefs were busy paying homage to the late Deji as if he was alive.

One of the Deji in Council who spoke with our correspondent said placing Deji on his seat was part of the tradition that must carried out in honour of the deceased Monarch.

The burial date for the late king is yet to be announced, but sources have revealed that he may be buried tomorrow.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by ebonyjummy(f): 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Jesu mi ooooo. Y I open ds thread now? OMG!

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by imperiouxx(m): 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
Phder:
*Drags him to gross anatomy laboratory* cheesy cheesy

lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Database Of Traditional Igbo Names / How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Memunat Omowunmi Adeyemi Celebrates Her Birthday With Beautiful Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.