Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? (24008 Views)

Do Not Marry Nigerian Girls. They Are Evil!!! / Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents / Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by madamkoko: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2008
In my entire time abroad, I have NEVER sent money to any human being back home.

I don't know where these stereotypes are coming from or rather the notion of "hustler mentality",

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Oracle14(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

I got to experience both cultures

Well thats exactly what the guys are cared of, definitely the western culture seems to over shadow the Nigerian culture: But you should also know most of the Nigerian girls over use their new found rights, the problem is evident in high divorce rates amongst Nigerian couples abroad.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by cold(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
Since my last post i'v bin thinkin and deeply too.Wldn't u guys agree with me that a naija babe bak home wld endure more stress of marriage than a naija chick living abroad.Because it can't be rosy all the time.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
Queenisha:

LOL
someone earlier said Nigerian men preferred to go home and marry.
Who wants a man with inferiority complex anyway?
Let them run to Njikoka and Akagbe and bring those "pure" wives.
what's my own
Why must it be inferiority complex?  What's wrong with having a preference ?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by chibaby5(f): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
Queenisha:

LOL
someone earlier said Nigerian men preferred to go home and marry.
Who wants a man with inferiority complex anyway?
Let them run to Njikoka and Akagbe and bring those "pure" wives.
what's my own

pure ke? dats wat they think tho
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

Yes my parents implemented Nigerian culture in your home, in our life, in our school work, everything. And i grew up in an area that was mostly nigerian people.

Thats very wonderful of them
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by madamkoko: 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
people jus say stuff without being perfectly sure n in da process, givin oda people a bad name. actually nigerian guys abroad jus use da girls, whether white, black or whatever 2 get what they want not realli because the want to b wid them or they love them so please there's absolutely nuin wrong wid girls abroad n moreova, errbdy gat diff. preferences n sum guys will prefer a girl straight from hme.

What is this ooh? ABeg complete sentences jare, which one is this na?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by chibaby5(f): 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2008
madamkoko:

What is this ooh? ABeg complete sentences jare, which one is this na?

heheheeheh, dnt get u? hw u mean b?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
cold:

Since my last post i'v bin thinkin and deeply too.Wldn't u guys agree with me that a naija babe bak home would endure more stress of marriage than a naija chick living abroad.Because it can't be rosy all the time.
Gini explain yourself.

rubi:

Thats very wonderful of them
I didn't think so at the time. They were so strict and made us learn the Lord's Prayer in igbo and i was like "I can't wait to leave" but when i left all the things they taught me helped through alot.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
cold:

Since my last post i'v bin thinkin and deeply too.Wldn't u guys agree with me that a naija babe bak home would endure more stress of marriage than a naija chick living abroad.Because it can't be rosy all the time.

It depends on up bringing
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by madamkoko: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ chi-baby  meaning I dont comprehend what you have posted.

Unless its not that important.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
most likely, yes.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

most likely, yes.  
most likely, no.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2008
rubi:

It depends on up bringing
upbringing is usually not in favor of the ones here.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Queenisha: 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

Why must it be inferiority complex?  What's wrong with having a preference ?

preference shocked shocked shocked
is that what they now call it?
so the fact that a girl relocated from Nigeria to the west makes her non preferred?
Please tell me something else

Most of these men running home are underachievers.
They want a girl that'll see them as the "rescuer "
I live here you know
I've seen these men.

A girl with her own home,car and means may not be particularly thrilled by a suitor that drives cabs
But a girl in Nigeria would see him as a dream come true
He'll tell her he's self employed.
I've seen things ma dear
but whatever you "prefer"
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by syren: 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
Oracle14:

Well thats exactly what the guys are cared of, definitely the western culture seems to over shadow the Nigerian culture: But you should also know most of the Nigerian girls over use their new found rights, the problem is evident in high divorce rates amongst Nigerian couples abroad.

How do you know they a not justified in wanting a divorce, we don't know their reasons.  
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

GINI!!! are you serious?? you have no idea what i went through being raised here.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

I didn't think so at the time. They were so strict and made us learn the Lord's Prayer in igbo and i was like "I can't wait to leave" but when i left all the things they taught me helped through alot.

I keeping saying this that whatever I am today my father contributed alot to it in all ramifications of life.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by madamkoko: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
Thats not true, there are many, several, many OLDER NIGERIANS WHO GREW UP and LIVED IN NIGERIA ALL THIER LIVES AND ARE DIVORCED, married, remarried, divorced, have cheated, and the list goes on, 

I don't where many of you are getting all these assumptions from.

People just need to understand the fact that Marriage is a choice and both partners have to work and put in equivalant time and effort to make things work.  Marriage is NOT a bed of roses,  if u're in india, japan, Nigeria, America,  understand this and you won't go into marriage dreaming of perfection. You will be prepared.

Marriage is about partnership and compromise.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
most likely, yes.  because, the girls bred here would more than likely opt for the divorce option when the going gets tough . . . .
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by chibaby5(f): 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
madamkoko:

@ chi-baby meaning I don't comprehend what you have posted.

Unless its not that important. grin grin grin grin

well yo choice if u say so but if ya read kiafully, u shall comprehend! lol cheesy
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
madamkoko:

Thats not true, there are many, several, many OLDER NIGERIANS WHO GREW UP IN NIGERIA AND ARE DIVORCED, married, remarried, divorced, have cheated, and the list goes on,
his argument is that it happens more in obodo oyibo.

I don't where many of you are getting all these assumptions from.

People just need to understand the fact that Marriage is a choice and both partners have to work and put in equivalant time and effort to make things work.  Marriage is NOT a bed of roses, if u're in india, japan, Nigeria, America, understand this and you won't go into marriage dreaming of perfection. You will be prepared.
so you agree with me that it's a question of compatibility.  if a man's preference is to marry from home because he feels more comfortable with that, why should you think he's intimidated?  What's wrong with playing ti safe?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
rubi:

I keeping saying this that whatever I am today my father contributed alot to it in all ramifications of life.
And i hate to admit it too but yeah i was blessed to have so strict parents. And not only did i have my parents who would be strict, i lived in a neighborhood that was 89% nigerian so yeah all the neighbors treated all the kids as their kids. so i couldn't do nothing with out someone not knowing. But im glad i was raised like that.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

Upbringing is like a seed planted in ones life which will not germinate that time but in the long run the effect of it will definitely manifest
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

his argument is that it happens more in obodo oyibo.
So are you saying that me being brought up in ilu oyinbo, that i would run for divorce as soon as things are not peachy??
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
Queenisha:

preference shocked shocked shocked
is that what they now call it?
so the fact that a girl relocated from Nigeria to the west makes her non preferred?
Please tell me something else
You don't understand what is meant by preference.  If it's the guy's choice to marry from home, he is not wrong for choosing to do so .  

Most of these men running home are underachievers.
They want a girl that'll see them as the "rescuer "
I live here you know
I've seen these men.
Those are terrible assumptions to make.  Underachieving what?
I personally cannot marry a woman who does not share similar marriage philosophy to mine.

A girl with her own home,car and means may not be particularly thrilled by a suitor that drives cabs
But a girl in Nigeria would see him as a dream come true
He'll tell her he's self employed.
I've seen things ma dear
but whatever you "prefer"
She's in a class different from his, so if she can't marry him let her marry someone within her social status.  I know many Nigerian men who drive cabs that marry the girls here.  You don't need to lie about your profession to gain a good woman.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by madamkoko: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
so you agree with me that it's a question of compatibility.  if a man's preference is to marry from home because he feels more comfortable with that, why should you think he's intimidated?  What's wrong with playing ti safe?

Yes, its a question of choosing to be compatible with someone. Yes, I agree with you.

BUT i think its intimidation, when it becomes a conscious decision when one purposefully opts not to date someone abroad just because they're abroad (at least try them out. give them a chance.) don't assume they're any less Nigerian,  ,  there's no difference in a WELL MANNERED, EDUCATed Niger babe abroad and a well mannered educated babe in Niger.  no difference. same lessons. same manners.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
lol
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

So are you saying that me being brought up in ilu oyinbo, that i would run for divorce as soon as things are not peachy??
Not as soon as things are not peachy, but you're are more likely to - yes.  Those are some of the things I have observed.  I wish they publish reports on these things so I can back up my observations.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
madamkoko:

Yes, its a question of choosing to be compatible with someone. Yes, I agree with you.

BUT i think its intimidation, when it becomes a conscious decision when one purposefully opts not to date someone abroad just because they're abroad (at least try them out. give them a chance.) don't assume they're any less Nigerian,  ,  there's no difference in a WELL MANNERED, EDUCATed Niger babe abroad and a well mannered education babe in Niger.  no difference. same lessons. same manners.
Thank You very much. kiss
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

Not as soon as things are not peachy, but you're are more likely to - yes.  Those are some of the things I have observed.  I wish they publish reports on these things so I can back up my observations.
Nwoke, abeg go and do research.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
rubi:

Upbringing is like a seed planted in ones life which will not germinate that time but in the long run the effect of it will definitely manifest
Depending on what you mean by germinate, I will say I disagree with you for now.  Your upbringing does not necessarily everlast the marital beliefs you hold.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How Do I Prove My Love To My Gf? / Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? / Narrate Any Scary Or Funny Experiences With Women Who Slept Over At Your House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.