Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77262 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by doubtingthomas(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2013
Mark 7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father
and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or
mother, let him die the death:
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by kosovo(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2013

[size=16pt]The whole system, including the public themselves want oppressors, not people working for their collective progress. When no one is planning the future of a country, such a country can have no future. I won’t be your legacy, let your legacy be Nigeria in the fractured state you created because, it was always your way or the highway.[/size]

This is the highlight, after hearing and reading responses from Nigerian's , I can't help but say that Nigeria is a sea of mediocrity but I choose to be an island on that sea. People glorify mediocrity, they have short-memory, they "always" see things on sentiments and most of all, they(Nigerians) are ethnic bigots.

It's just a shame it took Iyabo to create this scene, but guess what, they will still not listen.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ptochukwu24: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2013
Train up a child in the way he should go when he is old will not depart from it. What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loose his soul. I ask what legacy will I leave after old age and my journey on earth is no more. May God us the grace to number our days and apply wisdom. What we have read are warning either to learn or not.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by MDMA: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2013
Such a magnanimously constructed heart pour!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by MDMA: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2013
doubtingthomas: Mark 7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father
and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or
mother, let him die the death:

Nigerians will never listen!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2013
fuke:

Balderdash.
Rubbish.
Nauseating.
Uncouthed.
ill mannered.

A product of high intellect like this is not for odes like you . .

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by busymouth: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2013
This is a family matter Iyabo is pouring out to the public & most of it is not our concern....I am actually shocked and dissappointed that a yoruba woman (with all their respect) would publicly scandalise her fathers name.Gbenga also did it. The issues raised in Objs letter are on national issues that concern every Nigerian.Let us seperate the message from the messanger..Obj,GEJ,Iyabo,Ibb,Atiku and co are not and can never be saints...let us not digress please.issues,issues, issues is all we are interested in pleasssssssss..

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jhidey08(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2013
emmasege: Pls tell those people whose sense of reasoning has been blinded by tribalism and bigotry. OBJ's worst critics in his regime were Yorubas majority of whom still criticise him up till now. And this is the very reason why there's increasing aversion for Jonathan's candidacy for a re-election. Even when it is obvious that this is the worst candidate that the S/South or eastern block could ever produce. I can't believe this guy comes from the same zone as the Peter Odilis, the Donald Dukes, the Akpabios, The Dicksons, the Uduaghans and even the Amaechis all of whom exude confidence, wisdom, charisma and oratory ability. I respect that zone very much but Jonathan is just a bad ambassador of eastern Nigeria and a misfit for Aso Rock.
well, I can't say GEJ is a bad leader, I believe dere aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ sum pple in his govt who doesn't want him 2 succeed. He shld beta nt contest in 2015 to avoid further bloodshed and confusion. Do we even remember our country/leaders in our prayers at all?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by sambama: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2013
alex1612: Politician propagandas. I don't want to be brainwashed. Why should Yoruba girl sold her own father out? No matter what, you can not support Jonathan at expense of your family now talking of your father. No matter what, No Yoruba can do that; look in-to-to that letter, you will know it is not from her. I only know of one ethnic that can do anything for money, even their religion they can sell for money not Yoruba wa.
All these does not mean that OBJ open letter was wrong. You have to caution any driver that drive anyhow on the road, else you become an accident victim.

Only one ETHNIC GROUP will type this rubbish and assume it's in English. Next time , type in your native language, we can use Google Translator to understand your point.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Howmanage: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2013
My take is that she did write the letter in a moment of impulse, it is a heartfelt missive and must be something of a therapy for her hence the scattered grammatical errors here and there. I am proud of her. She has the courage to break familial bonds and speak out for what she believes to be the truth not minding whose ethnic or political or paternal ox is gored. I have to say that rather than a disgrace or abomination this is typical of the tolerant nation she belongs to being one where each man or woman feels emboldened and to have his or her say whether it is "off message"or not. This trait is rarer among the other nations that make up Nigeria.

Some of what Obasanjo said could be true, so also some or indeed all of what she said too . Let's hope she sets the ball rolling for responsible people to break out and speak up in public against bad politicians and bad politics in Nigreria. Well done Ms IOB !

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 18, 2013
Nigerians are probably the most gullible set of people on earth? All these letters are just a diversion from the main issues troubling this country. The Federal Bureau of Statistics just said this morning that 54% of Nigerian youths are unemployed and people are here arguing over Obasanjo, his daughter and Jonathan that can never go hungry again for the rest of their lives.

Iyabo was a commissioner under Gbenga Daniel for four years, during this period she was also an influential government contractor, she was a Senator too after this and most of you believe this mumbo jumbo? They are all guilty.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by MsNas(f): 10:11am On Dec 18, 2013
chucky234: Imagine someone who had the oportunity to study abroad with the entire school fees paid by her father referred to the father as a bad and failed one, maybe I should kill my father for not paying a kobo throughout my secondary and university education.
You were even given a bungalow in Abuja for free, hmmm Iyabo I had to attach myself with a friend in a one room apartment after my graduation then build my way up to where I'm today yet see no reason to crucify my dad in full public glare. The bible demands that you honour your father and mother so long they are able to put food on your table, OBJ deserve some respect from this wayward daughter of his.
This part of your post I like! The ingrate made mention of the fact that she worked in the kitchen, library and later as a Graduate Assistant. Blah blah. Welcome to America. Her father was benevolent enough, just as my father is to pay my fees in school here.

The best you can do is work for the extra money you can make. Like is that even a point? I also worked at the library too before getting a Graduate Teaching Assistant Position and trust me, all those experiences are what will mold me for life.

The will make me appreciate things better. What you don't work for, you don't appreciate. Just because you father was head of state doesn't mean you will have everything on a platter of gold! Hell, I have friends who came here without a dime to pay their tuition. But are they out of school? No. They increased their hustle ni. Working will in school does no debase a human, it makes them appreciate the luxuries of life and prepares you for the labor market out there.

All in all, GEJ, OBJ, Iyabo.....none of them are innocent. undecided

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2013
Everybody, calm down, the letter was a hoax, she has denied. Where is d op ( picks up stones) i will deal with you today.

Was wondering too, haba, callung her father mad etc.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 18, 2013
2ru-talk:

This is the only problem I have with Yorubas. You guys derive pleasure in tarnishing the image of other tribes but will go to any length to cover up the dirt of any Yoruba person even if the person is an armed robber. When Obasanjo wrote the damning letter to Mr. president all of you started ranting that Jonathan should deal with the content of the letter and stop attacking the writer. Now Iyabo has made this startling revelation and all of u are calling for her head. When will you hypocrites change your ways? Always call a spade a spade!
You moniker reminds me of onlylies who calls himself onlytruth. Don't you use your head at all? Are you blind? Didn't you read the comments from page 0? Do you have to generalise? You are very stewpeed, Ori e ti buru, yes I meant it.

Obasanjo is a useless motherfucker and everyone knows, no set of people hate Obasanjo more than the Yorubas(We have never benefited anything from the bastar.d having ruled for 11years).

You should have looked for the nearest transformer and show it some love instead of coming online to yab Yoruba, na we spoil your life? Ode Oshi.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Jonathanadeniyi(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2013
A case of a house dividing against its roof. Pro Goodluck Jonathan at work. Lets wait & see
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by uchechrist(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2013
Stop fooling MY NIGERIA!! Mrs Iybo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by 5thNOTE: 10:15am On Dec 18, 2013
The fight of corrbuption start promptly with prosection of Mr Obasanja of UNLIMITED crimes! And then totall elimination of all ex-military rulers who are still pressing D buttons of manipulation of Nigeria. And the south also need to break up frm this enslavement, cos all infastructure and works are geared into D population and bigger representing ppl, that nothing is left 4 D southerners. U construct rail, it goes to D north, u build facilities, it is situated in D north. D SS which funds all this babarians of D north are ontop of swamp and mosquito. Its only D rich that builds houses in SS. U cant buy a land, u cant sandfill, u cant do anything. I knw of a man who is normal but lives in a zinc made house in his own state! If there is a breakup, which can be originated by anybdy even by D north, the south south will be worst than south sudan. Thats why they must make a union with an equal match state of SE. Enough of this mess called nigeria!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by UnknownT: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2013
alex1612: Politician propagandas. I don't want to be brainwashed. Why should Yoruba girl sold her own father out? No matter what, you can not support Jonathan at expense of your family now talking of your father. No matter what, No Yoruba can do that; look in-to-to that letter, you will know it is not from her. I only know of one ethnic that can do anything for money, even their religion they can sell for money not Yoruba wa.
All these does not mean that OBJ open letter was wrong. You have to caution any driver that drive anyhow on the road, else you become an accident victim.

IYA NGBALI: This is one of the reasons that I am proud to be a yoruba,it is only a yoruba man or woman that would stand up and say the truth no matter whose is concerned. No pretence,no cover up,we say it,just the way we see it. I challenge people from other tribes to do same. I am proudly Yoruba and Odua till eternity. Haters go and do the needful......die

make una no vex say i quote dis 2 people oh, WHICH OF 2 OF UNA WE GO CUM BELIEVE?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Sweetlemon(f): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2013
chris baba: Everybody, calm down, the letter was a hoax, she has denied. Where is d op ( picks up stones) i will deal with you today.

Was wondering too, haba, callung her father mad etc.

She had BETTER deny it! Especially after all what she has gained as an Obasanjo!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Sweetlemon(f): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2013
UnknownTroll:

make una no vex say i quote dis 2 people oh, WHICH OF 2 OF UNA WE GO CUM BELIEVE?

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by plendil: 10:17am On Dec 18, 2013
This is unacceptable. I'm surprised many NL are actually endorsing her action. Speaks volume of the kind of home they proceed from.

Not that I'm surprised with the contents - those who read Moji's account (OBJ's estranged wife) will understand. I have no doubt that what she wrote is true, but should we be assailed with OBJ's many sins from her, his very daughter who proceeded from his loins? Using words like "stupidity"?? Haba! shocked shocked

Sure, one can always disagree with one's parent, especially when one comes of age. But I strongly believe dirty linen of this sort - the familial type - shouldn't be exposed in this manner. No.

What Iyabo has done is an abomination. It is immoral. It is ungodly.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Howmanage: 10:18am On Dec 18, 2013
@steveregs:
There are many possible reactions to this letter. I will state mine, and why the bulk of reactions given here are not helping.

The letter is a response to Fmr. President Obasanjo's open letter to the President. This letter in it's entirety may be true (I actually think it is true). This letter goes a long way to show the kind of family life Fmr. President Obasanjo had. I also, sorry to add, subscribe to her opinion that Nigerians are guilty of desiring change, but not willing to do what is required to achieve it; and, not letting -- actually crucifying people who work hard with skills they possess to change Nigeria on altars of maintaining status quo and keeping things the way they are, believing that one day they will be in government and have access to steal funds that they will never be called on to account for.

Having said this, I will come to the crux of the matter on ground, which happens to be the reason I took my time to write this: this letter does not, in any way, discredit the issues (and that's putting it mildly, for 'problem' is a better word in this case) Fmr. President Obasanjo raised in his own letter. I took my time to study both letters and I have been particularly careful to note that Fmr. President Obasanjo's letter contains issues that, as he rightly put it, will lead Nigeria right back to the Abacha era and what characterized it. Senator Iyabo's letter, however, appears to only say that President Obasanjo has no moral grounds based on his family matters on ground to compose such a letter. I will not take sides with anyone. I will only say that everybody has skeletons in his closet. If risking the exposure of your skeletons will bring about a greater good by telling the outright truth, not behind the person in question but to the person's face, then Fmr. President Obasanjo should be credited for his brave and daring efforts at writing this letter. Someone quoted J.K. Rowling in the comments. Please note that the same celebrity author also said, "it is honourable to stand up to your enemies, but of even greater honour it is to stand up to your friends." Senator Iyabo, being a doctor trained in the US should be knowledgeable enough to acknowledge that things are not right -- or even close -- in this country. I've learned to put family differences and assertions aside when dealing with political matters because we all are imperfect people. If someone is not great at keeping his/er family together or treating them as s/he ought but can provide good governance, "for the greater good" s/he should be allowed to rule. For instance, the late Nelson Mandela was a divorcee but is celebrated today as one of the greatest men the world has ever seen. Fmr. President Bill Clinton was an adulterer having been in an affair with an intern in the White House, but today he is acknowledged as a great President and leader of the United States in his time.

No one is perfect, let us give people their chances to work for the greater good. This is key.

This dispensation is said to be democratic. If this is so, let us, for our own good, decide if we are going to continue in this same path, or fight for the change we so desire. If egos will be sacrificed then so be it. We cannot just sit and fold our hands and watch the treasury be looted, or investors leave the country for lack of basic infrastructure to ease operations, or security policies continually being used when they obviously are not working anymore and persons in charge are apparently too feeble and indecisive to change them.

Being loyal does not mean when my integrity is called into question, or my relationship with God Almighty is about to be affected negatively by my loyalty, that I will continue to follow blindly, searing my conscience for whatever financial or sentimental gains I may have in the future. One governor starts the revolution against disservice and injustice against the people, financial looting, untamed corruption, indecisiveness and slow actions, and we all predict doom for him just because, as they say, "you cannot fight the Federal Government and get away with it." But, the very same people are hailing Nelson Mandela, William Wallace, Ken Saro-Wiwa, just to mention a few, for their acts of bravery in bringing the much-desired change thy fought for and paid for in no small measures, some even going as far as dying for their Country.

Let us know, that in all, and after this, comes the judgment. One day we will all stand before the righteous Judge and give account for our statements, actions and inactions (what we did and failed to do), thoughts, and how well we spent our time here on earth.

God bless Nigeria.
well said , if i had read this i wouldn't have bothered posting my comment!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by shift15(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I took my time to read this letter twice. Goodluck has to explain his luck to Nigerians in one form or another. How can this letter show up in such a moment. Without replying OBJ, OBJ's daughter sent a nuclear bomb directly into his political heart. This man is finished in this land forever. How lucky can one person be in life. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I will never pick a fight with you. This is just surreal shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I never click like on any post deliberately. But I was constrained to like your post.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Bright4(m): 10:21am On Dec 18, 2013
enemies are involved...coz i don't think this s from reliable source...well,she sounded innocent. angry
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2013
God, I thank you for making 2013 a year of revelation for Nigerians. Atleast the sensible ones would think very well before they cast their next vote.
--------------------------------
This is the beginning of the end for our leader. Eagerly waiting for "Buhari's Letter too"

SUMMARY FOR LAZY READERS.

1. Iyabo accused Obasanjo of being a bad father and husband.

2. She accused him of being an impostor. Manipulating people into doing whatever pleases him.

3. Iyabo claimed she is innocent, and that she didn't loot public fund when she was in power.

4. Iyabo accused Obasanjo of surrounding himself with illiterate/uneducated people that would not argue with him,w but rather support all his motions.

5. Iyabo said, she worked hard to get to where she is today, that her father has little contribution to who she is today.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by segcymoor(m): 10:21am On Dec 18, 2013
I am very busy at the moment.....will create time to read it later!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by tunshe: 10:23am On Dec 18, 2013
GEJ has warned his aides not to reply OBJ cos something is cooking and we can feel the aroma.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by babaireti(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2013
Na God catch Nigeria and Nigerians:Where there is no justice ,there can not be peace they says:When some disgruntled unpatriotic few citizens annulled the freest and fairest general election in 1993 just because the winner was a Yoruba Man,and the world conspired with the western power to kill the Man and installed what they thought to be a substitute to him,little did they know that it was neither the Man nor the entire Yoruba race that they have wronged:but the entire Nation called Nigeria and the future of the youths who are still going to outlive the generation of their fathers.
Now Abiola is gone,June12 is gone, but the effect and consequence of this foolish action still lingers on 20years after,if we had allowed the winner to rule even 2terms ,he would have finished his terms and Nigerians would have been happier for it and our democracy would have been better for it, just like the Nation would have been better for it:but Tribalism,Ethnicity and religious sentiments took the better part of our reasoning s and we plunged our selves back into backwardness and now we are complaining:this is just the beginning,we have not seen anything.Ki emi shaa ti mari iresi atewa je,lobatan,orun nyabowa kii soro enikan.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jhidey08(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2013
5thNOTE: The fight of corrbuption start promptly with prosection of Mr Obasanja of UNLIMITED crimes! And then totall elimination of all ex-military rulers who are still pressing D buttons of manipulation of Nigeria. And the south also need to break up frm this enslavement, cos all infastructure and works are geared into D population and bigger representing ppl, that nothing is left 4 D southerners. U construct rail, it goes to D north, u build facilities, it is situated in D north. D SS which funds all this babarians of D north are ontop of swamp and mosquito. Its only D rich that builds houses in SS. U cant buy a land, u cant sandfill, u cant do anything. I knw of a man who is normal but lives in a zinc made house in his own state! If there is a breakup, which can be originated by anybdy even by D north, the south south will be worst than south sudan. Thats why they must make a union with an equal match state of SE. Enough of this mess called nigeria!
u can actually list d crimes obj committed so as 2 enlighten us
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Acidosis(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2013
e-freaky:
Nigerians are probably the most gullible set of people on earth? All these letters are just a diversion from the main issues troubling this country. The Federal Bureau of Statistics just said this morning that 54% of Nigerian youths are unemployed and people are here arguing over Obasanjo, his daughter and Jonathan that can never go hungry again for the rest of their lives.

Iyabo was a commissioner under Gbenga Daniel for four years, during this period she was also an influential government contractor, she was a Senator too after this and most of you believe this mumbo jumbo? They are all guilty.

My brother 54% is not correct..

About 90% of those employed are actually under-employed...

Our f00lish government and the resposible gucci, mascara & jet ministers have probably counted SURE-P interns among the employed.

i.e N20,000-N25,000 (and be ready to survive 3months without pay)

I would rather not work with the certificate and go back to learn trade than accept such rubbish from a government that spend N1Billion on pepper soup and smoke fish per annum.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by chatterly: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2013
My two cents to this is that "how did we get here".There is nothing new in what iyabo has said about her father,its alll there in the public domain,what is new is a daughter coming out to pour out her heart about the deeds of her father and his ilk regardless of the consequences.They are all the same,as she said they have left Nigeria worse than they met it when they were born in the 1930 and 40s.We the people have turned ourselves into animals merely concerned about personal survival at the expense of the common good.i ask myself this question all the time"what am i doing here"of what use is money and financial success when the society is falling apart??>let everyone read the letter with an open mind and forget it was written by an iyabo obasanjo,It is an indictment on all of us

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply)

Is This What Nigeria Has Been Reduced To? One Word For Nigeria In This Picture / Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / VP Osinbajo At His Office Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.