Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77193 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by divex(f): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2013
OMG i took my time to read this letter and i'm touched. Iyabo Obasanjo is one of the most smartest women i have come across in my life. Truly, Nigeria is not only being oppressed by the leaders we have but we are been oppressed by ourselves.

Like you and your minions, it’s a symbiotic relationship. Nigeria has descended into a hellish reality where smart, capable people to “survive” and have their daily bread prostrate to imbeciles. Everybody trying to pull everybody else down with greed and selfishness — the only traits that gets you anywhere. Money must be had and money and power is king. Even the supposed down-trodden agree with this.

This is truly the problem with Nigeria. God when will this country change. Everything in Nigeria is upside down.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by 2rutalk1: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2013
Konmight:
You moniker reminds me of onlylies who calls himself onlytruth. Don't you use your head at all? Are you blind? Didn't you read the comments from page 0? Do you have to generalise? You are very stewpeed, Ori e ti buru, yes I meant it.

Obasanjo is a useless motherfucker and everyone knows, no set of people hate Obasanjo more than the Yorubas(We have never benefited anything from the bastar.d having ruled for 11years).

You should have looked for the nearest transformer and show it some love instead of coming online to yab Yoruba, na we spoil your life? Ode Oshi.
Your shallow mindedness and lack of basic education have beclouded your sense of reasoning. If you had gone to school at all and learnt the rudiments of Summary and Comprehension in elementary English Language, you would have drawn your useless and dastardly conclusion from the comment that led to my post. Get a life and stop ranting like a tout
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Esiere: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2013
I believe Nigerians should focus more on how Iyabo described us as Nigerians. We need to sit ourselves down and talk to ourselves. We should stop these politicians making fools of us. We allow these looters to steal us blind and we are here meddling in obasanjo'sfamily affairs. What Obasanjo wrote to Jonathan should be addressed by Jonathan.

As for Obasanjo......when he had the best opportunity to rule and turn this country into a great nation....he messed up mistaking his wealth would grant him happiness for life.... now he wont go down in Nigerian history as a great leader but as a failed father and husband who should not be celebrated in the class of great leaders in the country not to talk of the world.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Alexcollins(m): 10:25am On Dec 18, 2013
"@AIT_TV: #IyaboOBJ has denied writing the widely circulated letter insulting her father. The question now is who wrote the letter..."
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by PassingShot(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2013
If Iyabo actually wrote the letter, then Obasanjo is a complete failure. Not that we didn't know he is all (or most) that his daughter has revealed - after all we know that he was sleeping with his supposed daughter in law, but for your biological daughter to come in the open to tear you into shreds for whatever reason actually reflects that you do not have any honor left in you. If OBJ had any honor, he should have long ago poisoned himself to death.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Reference(m): 10:27am On Dec 18, 2013
e-freaky:
Nigerians are probably the most gullible set of people on earth? All these letters are just a diversion from the main issues troubling this country. The Federal Bureau of Statistics just said this morning that 54% of Nigerian youths are unemployed and people are here arguing over Obasanjo, his daughter and Jonathan that can never go hungry again for the rest of their lives.

Iyabo was a commissioner under Gbenga Daniel for four years, during this period she was also an influential government contractor, she was a Senator too after this and most of you believe this mumbo jumbo? They are all guilty.

Oga. These are just symptoms of the subject matter in general.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by MDMA: 10:27am On Dec 18, 2013
plendil: This is unacceptable. I'm surprised many NL are actually endorsing her action. Speaks volume of the kind of home they proceed from.

Not that I'm surprised with the contents - those who read Moji's account (OBJ's estranged wife) will understand. I have no doubt that what she wrote is true, but should we be assailed with OBJ's many sins from her, his very daughter who proceeded from his loins? Using words like "stupidity"?? Haba! shocked shocked

Sure, one can always disagree with one's parent, especially when one comes of age. But I strongly believe dirty linen of this sort - the familial type - shouldn't be exposed in this manner. No.

What Iyabo has done is an abomination. It is immoral. It is ungodly.

Your comment is the main reason why Nigeria is never moving forward.

Stewpeed arsehoole.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Flirtyfemi: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2013
I Didn't Write Any Rubbish Letter to Obasanjo –– Iyabo Obasanjo tells AIT http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/12/i-didnt-write-any-rubbish-letter-to.html
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by GenWOJUOLA(m): 10:29am On Dec 18, 2013
To me, shes just a spoilt brat!!! Have u ever tried talking to him(Obj) personally about how he treats yu and he kicked u awt?? If not, then u re worse dan a bastard!! As if u never benefitd anything from his fatherhood. It pisses me off to c people encourage this kinda outright rudeness borne out of sheer pride. No wonder u couldnt last long in your husbands haus, cos it seems all ur family problems must ave been on public notice boards.
N/B- she didnt say how she benefitted from Objs regime. Useless ingrate!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by yorke1: 10:30am On Dec 18, 2013
After reading the letter to the end, i wanted to give up on Nigeria but then i said to myself not until GEJ finishes his 2nd term and possibly push for the amendment of the constitution to allow him for another term called 3rd term. It's all clear now that its a selfish world out there. So you all have to do what is in your interest and your interest all alone. If you think this country will ever change then you are a joker! Better we go our separate ways and end this romance that's going to destroy us all. My interest now is for GEJ to rule this country or a south south person. That's where my interest lies!

I forgot to add: Iyabo & co. Is that why you killed our daughter(Stella)?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by MissIndependent(f): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2013
Order!!! She said she didnt write the letter grin grin who wrote it then? "if you ask me na who i go ask"

By the way 2015 General Elections is going to be...... sad sad sad
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 18, 2013
2ru-talk:

Your shallow mindedness and lack of basic education have beclouded your sense of reasoning. If you had gone to school at all and learnt the rudiments of Summary and Comprehension in elementary English Language, you would have drawn your useless and dastardly conclusion from the comment that led to my post. Get a life and stop ranting like a tout
Bla bla bla rubbish. You goofed Mr Oga. You shouldn't have generalised. Anyway I'm not a tout, I'm a QS working with FG and I'm in my office right now so keep your advise.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Nas: First off, this letter best be a fiction of Vanguard's imagination. If not... cry cry

But I'm not shocked anyways. I read 'Moji Obasanjo's Biography and most of what Iyabo is saying we're mentioned in there.

This is what I think, both Iyabo, Olusegun, Goodluck and Co cannot be absolved of any blame. This is the case of "Things Fall Apart, and the Center Cannot Hold". As the Yorubas will also say "Nkan to so won po, lo tu won ka"

All of them contributed in one way or the other to the situation Nigeria has found herself as a nation in present day. This is a classic case of mudslinging. Washing your dirty linens in public. Fighting like a pair of mad cows. Its a pity.

For Obasanjo to have written such a letter to Jonathan, I'm really sure it's not out of patriotism by the way things are presently but a deal gone sour somewhere along the line. Didn't he campaign for the guy too? Didn't he want to turn into a democratic dictator when he was also president (with the third term palaver?) Abegi, Baba, look bush. We have had enough of you. Mr. Jonathan, as for you...your day of reckoning is coming. You and your cohorts and sycophants should gear up and run Nigeria to the ground. Everyone of you will be in history

Iyabo, Ori e o pe rara undecided Did you win the elections that got you into the upper legislative house on your own steam or Daddy dearest? Would you lie that no extra kobo apart from your salary entered your deep pockets? Its not as if you are a saint yourself. Or you think people have forgotten the Adeife and Akinola Sodipo-Akindeko issue. What I read of that incident wasn't what you was quoted up there. Ibi ti eyan o si, Olorun wa nibe. You've just behaved like a classic Omo Ale.

All of you are criminals! All of you. angry angry Bunch of clowns. E kosi kuro jare
1000+ likes for you ma! U killed it!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 18, 2013
Events are unfolding too quickly...

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by MissIndependent(f): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2013
Esiere: I believe Nigerians should focus more on how Iyabo described us as Nigerians. We need to sit ourselves down and talk to ourselves. We should stop these politicians making fools of us. We allow these looters to steal us blind and we are here meddling in obasanjo'sfamily affairs. What Obasanjo wrote to Jonathan should be addressed by Jonathan.

As for Obasanjo......when he had the best opportunity to rule and turn this country into a great nation....he messed up mistaking his wealth would grant him happiness for life.... now he wont go down in Nigerian history as a great leader but as a failed father and husband who should not be celebrated in the class of great leaders in the country not to talk of the world.
Exactly! Nigerians will never learn or listen. They chose to be blinded by tribalism you can see that from their comments here smh.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2013
GEJ should send some snipers after that bastar.d called OBJ to put him out of his misery. He's a shame to humanity.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Afam4eva(m): 10:36am On Dec 18, 2013
CFCfan: What a revealing letter. OBJ may not be who we all thought he was afterall.
Who thought?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by chi3280(m): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2013
Alexcollins: "@AIT_TV: #IyaboOBJ has denied writing the widely circulated letter insulting her father. The question now is who wrote the letter..."
I knew this letter was fake! Iyabo Obasanjo will never write this to tarnish the image of her father. The bond that exist between Iyabo and her father is so strong that nothing can separate it. This letter was cooked up by the camp of PDP headed by media aides of the presidency just to get back at Obasanjo.
Tell me,why is it only Vanguard that have access to the so called letter unlike Obasanjo's letter which had all print media having access to it?
Iyabo should sue the hell out of Vanguard for this fake letter which was not written by her.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: Events are unfolding too quickly...

Egbon you started it ooooo. Maybe you should have waited for some hours before you post her letter to avoid denial. Anyway OBJ should GO AND DIE, I hate the good-for-nothing man.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ballabriggs: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2013
Ovoko!!! Another crude tactics from the apostles of President Jonadunce.

As soon as I saw Omokri dancing all over cyber space, I began to view the said letter with caution. The mere fact that Omokri was associated with the letter was enough to discredit the letter.

Thank God for her life that she did not write such to her father. Else, she would have been cursed for life. No matter the grievances, no well brought up daughter should write such an letter openly to her father.

Omokri's daughter can write such to him as he is a disgusting character. They can " go and die" as "I do not give a damn".

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by dvee2: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2013
5thNOTE: The fight of corrbuption start promptly with prosection of Mr Obasanja of UNLIMITED crimes! And then totall elimination of all ex-military rulers who are still pressing D buttons of manipulation of Nigeria. And the south also need to break up frm this enslavement, cos all infastructure and works are geared into D population and bigger representing ppl, that nothing is left 4 D southerners. U construct rail, it goes to D north, u build facilities, it is situated in D north. D SS which funds all this babarians of D north are ontop of swamp and mosquito. Its only D rich that builds houses in SS. U cant buy a land, u cant sandfill, u cant do anything. I knw of a man who is normal but lives in a zinc made house in his own state! If there is a breakup, which can be originated by anybdy even by D north, the south south will be worst than south sudan. Thats why they must make a union with an equal match state of SE. Enough of this mess called nigeria!

Good point, it is not about SS presidency alone, how far has it benefited the common Nija Deltan? All I see is underdevelopment in the SS,yet no problem,they say"he is our son" The problem is that of leadership. This letter is also a spite on Nigerians. The letter is very genuine and only a discerning mind can digest that. It is a negative to even GEJ s leadership, they are all not leading for our benefit. Yet we suck up to them for one reason or the other, either financial,ethnic or religious . She sum it up perfectly thus " Nigeria has descended into a hellish reality where smart and capable people just for survival must prostrate to imbeciles". Instead of whining about the genuineness of this letter, go and reflect and do what is right for Nigeria. And what is right might not necessarily be consistent with your religious,ethnic or political agenda. QED.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by tdade(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

Thank God another discerning mind noticed it as well. grin

+2

We need more to declare it fake and phony.

Why would someone older than 30 write something as dumb as this - and the timing as well. Except she was either hypnotised, or offered a huge sum of money she can't resist.

But you never know with Nigerians and Nigerian state-of-mind.

My thoughts exactly! An Ivy for that matter!
The most disgusting thing about this thread is that people don't even realize that she equally gave up the 'Nigerian dream.' I'm frankly not concerned about what she had to say about her father, but the things she pointed out about this country.....
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by hasyak(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2013
Kamsy10:

Whenever people call Obasanjo a saint or a hero, I'm always like 'are these people suffering from memory loss or they were not born when Obasanjo was president?'
The evil that men do lives with them. Obasanjo is not an exception.
This is big time nemesis.
D daughter who has benefited one way or the other is bold enough to tell him the truth to his face while nairaland jobless youths are here defending him.
Nigeria is indeed a reflection of Obasanjo- corruption

+6
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jmaine: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2013
Gamji007:

Retarrd is the trade mark of your Master! Honestly, your guys are so disgusting.
If you are not gona tell us how important this Iyabo's letter is to Nigerians you should please STFU!

Morron!

That doesn't stop me from calling you a true dunce who doesn't know when to shut it.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: Events are unfolding too quickly...

I knew she didn't write the letter. Discerning minds should be able to see that.

However, that's Xmas gift come-early for her - she should make loads of cash off the online source that published that junk.

Also, the whole thing is going to get messier. Using his daughter's name against him for a hoax is just far-reaching. They crossed the line with that and best believe he would fight back with everything he has got.

Anyway, I see rivers of blood and a lot of dead people. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by chi3280(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2013
Jonathan being a coward he is couldn't reply Obasanjo's letter decided to use Iyabo to fight her father. This is the height of stupidity by the president and his clueless team.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 18, 2013
tdade: My thoughts exactly! An Ivy for that matter!
The most disgusting thing about this thread is that people don't even realize that she equally gave up the 'Nigerian dream.' I'm frankly not concerned about what she had to say about her father, but the things she pointed out about this country.....

Word.

Discerning minds! wink
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by VirginFinder: 10:44am On Dec 18, 2013
Nigeria is such a terrible country made so by its people.

I am not sure which came first, the people destroying the country and the leaders following in their footstep or vice-versa.

In Nigeria, a driver wants to own an exotic Jeep while maintaining his position.

A civil servant wants to own estates as a salary earner.

A bank official wants to be richer than his CEO whilst still holding his position..

A policeman wants to be rich while standing on the roadside.

A govt doctor runs his own private hospital alongside the govt's own.

Seun is ready to support gays to get more ads and traffic.

Nigeria is a mess! We Nigerians are something else.

I have never been a fan of going abroad. But now, I am beginning to have a rethink.

There will always be need for me to spend sometime in sane climes on very regular basis cos when I think of Nigeria and Nigerians, I get depressed.

How can a people be so shallow-minded and corrupt?!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by dsaynt: 10:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Hmmm....I wonder how she got her share of a certain marginal oil filed which was auctioned in the 2001 bidding round. Am I to assume she could afford it then or that the name 'Obasanjo' did not pave the way.
Anyways they should stop washing their dirty linen in public. We all know what Obasanjo is like. She doesn't need to tell us. She might not be as bad as him but she did benefit from him...in fact more than any of his other children...all of a sudden she is playing the saint. She should explain how she got some of the 'things' she owns.
Iyabo, Abegi....we get more serious problems to think about than your letter....for instance we are wondering how we go buy rice for market for this xmas and how much kpomo go cost. Lol. Leave us be.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by 2rutalk1: 10:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Konmight:
Bla bla bla rubbish. You goofed Mr Oga. You shouldn't have generalised. Anyway I'm not a tout, I'm a QS working with FG and I'm in my office right now so keep your advise.
If you think it is not good to generalize, your first point of call should have been made to the person I quoted for using unnecessary Innuendo to castigate other tribes. I am neither tribalistic nor prejudicial but the comment was entirely annoying. Meanwhile, kudos to you for working with the FG but that does not change anything. You work for the FG while I consult for various financial Institutions including the FG. Therefore, where you work does not matter, just change your attitude.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by iykenex(m): 10:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Hahahaaaaa (laughing in foreign language), this is just a political game, political arrangement, OBJ wrote letter to GEJ, IYABO TO OBJ who's next, for sure another person will write, at the end just to make one person earn the trust of the members of the public in 2015. This guys are psychologically manipulating us. Hahaha (still laughing).

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo / Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.