Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,961 members, 7,821,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77257 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BrabusNG: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
jaidor: If you belive Iyabo truly wrote this letter, then you can belive anything. A sane mind would know that this is a mere propaganda.
Piffle.

thank you. The same people who believed the purported attack on Mrs Stella Oduah.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by olabukola: 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Freewilly: Things fall apart in ofemma-nu land. I wonder what soyinka will say about this.
Prof pikin dey pregnant for ikwerre land, he has enough to worry about than Iyabo and her palle. Btw Prof no send OBj family.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by mbulela: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
After reading this letter, OBJ go laff tire.
GEJ has finally entered a one-chance bus.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by frainc(m): 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
The point in this letter are more than been frame,
i'm still watching
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by tdade(m): 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla:

To be honest with you, I'd have not qualms putting down good money to counter the emboldened statement in your post.
Anyone who has no abiding philosophy, and shies away from public debates, is likely to be susceptible to prevailing winds.

Wasn't Dubya was beholden to the hawks in his administration right till the very end?

But to think he knew? Then the joke isn't really on him, is it? Its on PDP, APC, everyone who voted for him. In short, the joke is on every single Nigerian! Is this the best we can do? The highest position in a land of 160 million people is occupied by.....him?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Rad1cal: 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla:

undecided A letter published by one of the leading media outfits in Nigeria goes viral overnight, and you talk about my responsibility?

How exactly does that brain of yours work?

My brain knows your supporting the idea of a presidential connection , with a picture culled from saharareporters is DOA.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jumobi1(m): 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
Benez:

A very useless daughter. Is all this is why u cannot live under the control of a man? Even if ur father did nothing for you as a child, all the positions u occupied in Nigeria could be ascribed to his name. Did u think u would have become a commissioner under Gbenga Daniel if not for ur father's name? U r such an ungrateful daughter. Where was ur mother when Obasanjo was in prison? U then claimed Stella and her family benefitted when ur father became the president. Did u expect him to recognize ur mum as first lady why she was no where to be found whilst he was in prison.
?

Nigerians!!! She is neither a child nor mentally challenged.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
OBJ IS EVIL
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by tdade(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

Yes, brother.

It seems he isn't the one running things. Certain elements are manipulating things on his behalf and the boyish smirk on his face every time I see his pictures in public gives credence to that.

The kidnapped and hoodwinked president! grin
For the first time in my life, I actually feel sorry for a Nigerian politician.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
mobuch: Its so sad that this sort of scandals and shame emanates from only the yoruba tribe; you can never hear this happening in an ibo or hausa family; this scandal only shows a complete breakdown in family values in the yoruba land.

I say it again and i repeat it again, i dont care what some idiottas here might say about me, but yeriba people are the most disgraceful and shameless set of people walking on the surface of this earth; there is hardly no family in yeriba land where an abomination hasnt and is still being commited.

Iyabo is also as shameless and as stupid as that old cock called obasonjo; they should both be arrested and shhot dead for bleeding this country bad. Abominable fools.
you will die hating. Am sure u don't knw who your real parents are. Despite how much i hate 2 see a grown man like u cry, u ll suffer jez like ur generations. Oloshi jati jati.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
"I don’t blame you for the many atrocities you have been able to get away with, Nigerians were your enablers every step of the way. People ultimately get leaders that reflect them."

Absolutely bang on cue!

Given our traditions, whether it is morally right or wrong for a daughter to this to her father is besides the point. She has let it out and most of the important points are true. She is one brave woman.

One thing that seems to be coming from all the responses is that Iyabo's letter somehow makes GEJ a good leader. He and his ilk are foul smelling waste that continue to kill and maim Nigerians in every way, every day with their looting. The time to get rid of them will never come too soon!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Let me use this opportunity, to wish you Nairalanders, a very Merry Xmas and New Year. May 2014 be a better year for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by mimicue(f): 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Abeg I no fit read am... undecided undecided
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Eneze1(f): 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
e-freaky:
Nigerians are probably the most gullible set of people on earth? All these letters are just a diversion from the main issues troubling this country. The Federal Bureau of Statistics just said this morning that 54% of Nigerian youths are unemployed and people are here arguing over Obasanjo, his daughter and Jonathan that can never go hungry again for the rest of their lives.

Iyabo was a commissioner under Gbenga Daniel for four years, during this period she was also an influential government contractor, she was a Senator too after this and most of you believe this mumbo jumbo? They are all guilty.

GBAM, I just laugh at people's comment here, this politicians are just playing us Nigerians, is this not the same Iyabo that almost beat someone in the church, it is high time we Nigerians shine our eyes well. we like debating, arguing about things we know nothing about yet those people are in their comfort zone, thinking on how to loot this country dry. ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
tdade: But to think he knew? Then the joke isn't really on him, is it? Its on PDP, APC, everyone who voted for him. In short, the joke is on every single Nigerian! Is this the best we can do? The highest position in a land of 160 million people is occupied by.....him?

Brother, Nigerian leaders are selected, not elected. Everything is done based on agreement and certain foreign elements have to sanction it. I believe OBJ orchestrated GEJ ascendancy and sold his candidacy, to the foreign elements that overseer who's selected.

Go check the wikileaks cables about Nigeria and how GEJ got to power. They had to cut a lot of deals, with different power brokers, both at home and abroad. It's deeper than rap. It's pay-back time now.

I'm out, yo! cool
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Pratigya: 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOR THOSE CASTIGATING IYABO WITHOUT HEARING HER OWN SIDE, THIS IS HER RESPONSE:
IYABO OBASANJO (On Rainbow FM):
I have never seen or heard this sort of fabrication in my entire life! I, IYABO OBASANJO will never contemplate writing a letter to my Loving Father. I speak with him almost on daily basis. Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo is the best father in the world. He gave birth to me, he raised me up and gave me the best of Education. I wouldn't have achieved whatever I did without my father. IN FACT,WHO AM I WITHOUT MY FATHER?
"As a father he never disappointed his children in anyway, he is a father anybody wish to have.
"If President Jonathan wants to reply the letter my father wrote him, he should be man enough to reply direct. Why are they trying to
make me a scape goat? I know my father very well and I don't question his judgement, I believe my father wrote his letter in the best interest of the nation. If Mr. President disagrees with some of the allegations in the letter, let him be man enough to talk directly to my
father, he should stop involving me in an issue I know nothing about.
"How can you write a letter to insult my father and claim I, the daughter is the source. If that is how Ijaw people insult their father, I am a Yoruba Woman, we respect our parents in all circumstances. "I IYABO OBASANJO did not write any letter. Nigerians should please take note. "The purported letter is a malicious lies intended to rubbish the good name of my family. When I get to the source of the letter, I will waste no time to take the necessary legal actions. "I love my father and I will never disrespect him.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by JimmyBoy1: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
I have read and meditated upon this letter, but I could not find any piece of news that is new to us as Nigerians. We all knew about 3rd term and how the old man is extremely stingy. As far as I am concerned, the letter has to do with family rancour. Iyabo claimed not to have benefited from her father, but how could someone leave the country since 1989 and return 1999 and turn out to be a comissioner almost immediately and later became senator?

In conclusion, this letter does not vindicate Jonathan in any way, hence Jonathanians should pack well, and urged their principal to respond to issues raised by OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ocheejemb: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Petty and fake but her CV is impressive
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by bankylan: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
.....It is only a fool that will believe Iyabo Obasanjo wrote this......
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Pratigya: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
jumobi1:

Nigerians!!! She is neither a child nor mentally challenged.

FOR THOSE CASTIGATING IYABO WITHOUT HEARING HER OWN SIDE, THIS IS HER RESPONSE:
IYABO OBASANJO (On Rainbow FM):
I have never seen or heard this sort of fabrication in my entire life! I, IYABO OBASANJO will never contemplate writing a letter to my Loving Father. I speak with him almost on daily basis. Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo is the best father in the world. He gave birth to me, he raised me up and gave me the best of Education. I wouldn't have achieved whatever I did without my father. IN FACT,WHO AM I WITHOUT MY FATHER?
"As a father he never disappointed his children in anyway, he is a father anybody wish to have.
"If President Jonathan wants to reply the letter my father wrote him, he should be man enough to reply direct. Why are they trying to
make me a scape goat? I know my father very well and I don't question his judgement, I believe my father wrote his letter in the best interest of the nation. If Mr. President disagrees with some of the allegations in the letter, let him be man enough to talk directly to my
father, he should stop involving me in an issue I know nothing about.
"How can you write a letter to insult my father and claim I, the daughter is the source. If that is how Ijaw people insult their father, I am a Yoruba Woman, we respect our parents in all circumstances. "I IYABO OBASANJO did not write any letter. Nigerians should please take note. "The purported letter is a malicious lies intended to rubbish the good name of my family. When I get to the source of the letter, I will waste no time to take the necessary legal actions. "I love my father and I will never disrespect him.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
shymexx:

I agree.

However, with Dubya, the unseen hands kept him there and gave him the needed support despite his susceptibility - because he never betrayed his power-base nor his mentor(s) like GEJ. But GEJ has nothing except sycophants and pseuds - and when the ship starts sinking, best believe they would desert him. I actually feel sorry for him and I honestly doubt he would survive the onslaught they would unleash on him soon. He's too fragile and open.

Whatever happens from hereon, we've got GEJ to thank for dispelling myths once held about the Presidency's inner sanctum.
Surrounded by hangers-on whose only role is to massage an growing ego, his inability to manage a 'circle of trust' has confirmed just how far reaching Nigeria's retarded development truly is.

In the greater scheme of things, this particular letter is really just a storm in the tea cup. The damage was already been done by the first salvo fired and it is, probably, safe to say: we passed a point of no return.

This is not looking good for Nigeria's image in the internal arena.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by frainc(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
wingman: Guys stop fooling yourselves. The denial is fake. She wrote the letter. Even Sahara reporters has now published the raw copy. Go check it out
you are right, i have seen it too
the denial is fake,
let them check the one sahara just published,

where is that so call AGBAMETA or as he turn to AGBAKAN?

please NLander don't argue b'cos you want to be relevant,
but argue b'cos you have the fact.

dat is where Agbameta always get it wrong,

waiting for your stone.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by abduldope(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
if she truly claim to hav notin to do with STOLEN MONEY.... Den let her kindly return evry PENNY

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by softy(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
In my own opinion, this 'letter' is FAKE and lack 'content premises'.

It is pretentious and lacks 'flow'

This type of letter was an act!

I don't believe that this letter is from IYABO, but from people that knows a little about OBASANJO's family in a very close-knitted manner.

This letter is not valid,consistent and baseless. And it is a result of 'digging up' and cunning excerpts!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
tdade: But to think he knew? Then the joke isn't really on him, is it? Its on PDP, APC, everyone who voted for him. In short, the joke is on every single Nigerian! Is this the best we can do? The highest position in a land of 160 million people is occupied by.....him?

After the Leadership newspaper bromide (to borrow a phrase from Abati), a paper trail is unlikely to be covered - assuming there was one to begin with.

Nah...the Presidency's adequately funded social media team, which operates on autopilot, is perfectly up to the task.

Foot note: As we still don't have any concrete evidence of a rebuttal from the alleged letter writer, we need to remain circumspect.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Rad1cal:

My brain knows your supporting the idea of a presidential connection , with a picture culled from saharareporters is DOA.

You have not made one iota of sense.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by softy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2013

I don't believe that this letter is from IYABO, but from people that knows a little about OBASANJO's family in a very close-knitted manner.

This letter is not valid,consistent and baseless. And it is a result of 'digging up' and cunning excerpts!

- Softy, Ph.D
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Toks2008(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
*Weeping right now* for real after reading this line;

"This is the end of my communication with you for life. I pray Nigeria survives your continual intervention in its affairs"

Sincerely,

Iyabo Obasanjo, DVM, PhD
Massachusetts,
USA.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Effiwizzi: 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
BodyKiss:

Please shu.t.up. with this your Nigerian mentality.

You are a very stupid fellow and no appoligies for that. I ll love to know your age and how you wer brought up.

When i m less busy , i ll come back for you all you support that iyabo crap.
Anything that sounds or feels sympathetic, n guys dont wanna analyse anything, U just begin to sympathise. pls apply ur discretion sometimes.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by softy(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2013

I don't believe that this letter is from IYABO, but from people that know a little about OBASANJO's family in a very close-knitted manner.

- Softy, Ph.D
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by omoodeogere(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
OMO ALE BASTARD
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Toks2008(m): 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
softy: In my own opinion, this 'letter' is FAKE and lack 'content premises'.

- Softy, Ph.D

Well, Iyabo is still alive to let us know its not from her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Saraki Looking At Buhari During 2019 Budget Presentation / Is This What Nigeria Has Been Reduced To? One Word For Nigeria In This Picture / Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.