Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses (23037 Views)

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi / Odili Bridge Collapses In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by dayokanu(m): 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
What is Amala Peoples Congress APC doing about this

1 Like

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
Awolowo look at what you have done. Why would you allow this bridge to collapse? All these yoruba people, they are jealous of the fine bridge. Dont worry, we are industrious we would build another automatic bridge

4 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by automaticcars: 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
dayokanu: What is Fashola doing about this

Fashola is preparing to deport them to go and fix their bridge. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by dayokanu(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
ilugunboy: Am sure those Villagers will be cursing the PDP now and regretting the day they lined up in the sun to vote the most useless party ever to be registered in the history of Nigeria..

You must be kidding. The people are possibly blaming Fashola, Awolowo or Tinubu for the problem

Next election they would simply tell them the aspirant is related to Ojuku and opponent is Yoruba eating amala and ewedu

Bingo another 8yrs rule

7 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by kraftyiyk: 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
sometimes i wonder if all these anti Igbo tribalist's like agbameta are staffers of NL who insult igbo's to increase the trade pages...nice business idea anyway.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by dayokanu(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
automaticcars:

Fashola is preparing to deport them to go and fix their bridge. grin grin grin

Where would Fashola now relocate people to when all the bridges are about falling

1 Like

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by automaticcars: 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
dayokanu:

You must be kidding. The people are possibly blaming Fashola, Awolowo or Tinubu for the problem

Next election they would simply tell them the aspirant is related to Ojuku and opponent is Yoruba eating amala and ewedu

Bingo another 8yrs rule

I have never seen gullible people in my life like the ones from the other side of the Niger.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by automaticcars: 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Where would Fashola now relocate people to when all the bridges are about falling

Dropping them by river side grin grin grin
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by c0llynz02: 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
ilugunboy: Am sure those Villagers will be cursing the PDP now and regretting the day they lined up in the sun to vote the most useless party ever to be registered in the history of Nigeria..

And your APC party has no problem welcoming the most useless of people from that party into their folds.
Isn't it the members that make a party what it is? If your APC is now dancing around the likes of Atiku and Obasanjo, then tell me who is left?
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by agbameta: 3:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
krafty iyk: sometimes i wonder if all these anti Igbo tribalist's like agbameta are staffers of NL who insult igbo's to increase the trade pages...nice business idea anyway.

That's the problem with you people, you shove everything under tribalism instead of accepting responsibility for your actions and decisions..
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Fresh air.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Olaolufred(m): 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
automaticcars:

Dropping them by river side grin grin grin

IMO RIVER IS THE BEAUTIFULLEST IN AFRICA.

THAT MUST BE A GOOD LOCATION.

THEY WILL FROM THERE CROSS "NGWALLY" TO HELP BUILD THE WALL OF JERUSALEM.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
agbameta:

That's the problem with you people, you shove everything under tribalism instead of accepting responsibility for your actions and decisions..

Since it is their responsibility and the said bridge is in their land, why don't you allow them to do as they deem necessary?

If their houses collaspe, it is their responsibility. Also if their government and even fg are not working for them, it is also their own cup of tea since yours working excellently well.

Tribalism is like demon possession.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Odunharry(m): 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
me_for_you: this bridge is just like kpako in lagos. so as lagos is as developed as london and new york it still has wooden bridges that even school children are forced to pay and cross.
u r a big liar..no studnt is ask 2 pay 4 crossing a bridge anywhere in lagos n Nigeria,if i am correct..
All D bridge i knw of,children dnt pay at all
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
c0llynz02: And your APC party has no problem welcoming the most useless of people from that party into their folds.
Isn't it the members that make a party what it is? If your APC is now dancing around the likes of Atiku and Obasanjo, then tell me who is left?

I was disappointed to see somebody like Ogbonnaya Onu among the dignitaries in APC: a man who was a big disappointment when he ruled.

Please what makes apc better than pdp and vice versa. All these parties: PDP, APC, STD, DPP, LP, HIV, STI, TB, etc are the same thing.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by agbameta: 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2013
jusRadical:

Since it is their responsibility and the said bridge is in their land, why don't you allow them to do as they deem necessary?

If their houses collaspe, it is their responsibility. Also if their government and even fg are not working for them, it is also their own cup of tea since yours working excellently well.

Tribalism is like demon possession.

Abeg save all that irrelevant garbage, this is a public and discussion forum, not iboonlyforum.com.

Kindly excuse yourself if you have nothing to discuss...
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Olaolufred(m): 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
jusRadical:

I was disappointed to see somebody like Ogbonnaya Onu among the dignitaries in APC: a man who was a big disappointment when he ruled.

Please what makes apc better than pdp and vice versa. All these parties: PDP, APC, STD, DPP, LP, HIV, STI, TB, etc are the same thing.

YOU ARE SOMEHOW RIGHT.

THAT HOLIER THAN THOU IS NOT AN ISSUE TO ME.

ALL I WANT IS A SHOULDER-TO-SHOULDER MIGHT OF APC-PDP.

THAT WILL MAKE PDP TO SIT UP.

2001, I WAS PROMISED 20 HOURS POWER A DAY BY PDP.

I AM STILL FAR FROM 16 HOURS-A-DAY IN 2013.

THINK THIS THROUGH.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by agbameta: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
c0llynz02: And your APC party has no problem welcoming the most useless of people from that party into their folds.

It's all about party and political culture and structure, not totally about individuals ...

Former PDP members crossed over to ACN and they are all doing great...
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Gamji007: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Seun should please organise a nairaland union meeting where members will be allowed to discuss issues like this FACE TO FACE! grin
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU ARE SOMEHOW RIGHT.

THINK THIS THROUGH.

I agree with you Ola.

This is the problem with those in the government. You can imagine having the same people rulings us at federal, state and local government from 1960 till date.

With reference to obj's letter, I will say that obj should go and sit down while gej must go and sit up.

I am yet to see any of them that is even 50% interested in our welfare. Many of us insult people just because of mere corrupt leaders who don't even know whether we exist or not. It is just like some football fans who fight, quarrel and kill themselves over manu, chelsea, arsenal, barca, real madr, etc, meanwhile they have not eaten or even taken care of their problems. Even those footballers do not even know that they exist.

Gej, obj, tinubu, buhari, chime, amechi, peter obi, fashola, akpabio, rochas, ta orji, uduagham, babangida aliyu, lamido, kwankwaso, aregbesola, suswam, david mark, tambuwal, ibb, ihedioha, all politicians are all the same. They do not care about us. They are only interested in their interest.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU ARE SOMEHOW RIGHT.

THINK THIS THROUGH.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by confusion247(m): 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
Onwe101: Dats just one big problem naija have!!!...tribalism and segregation..wats wit all d insults...smh
Evidence to prove that we are not one. Hypocritical One Nigeria can never work. All those commenting today are the so called leaders of tomorrow. Disintegration is the answer.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by confusion247(m): 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
jusRadical:

I agree with you Ola.

This is the problem with those in the government. You can imagine having the same people rulings us at federal, state and local government from 1960 till date.

With reference to obj's letter, I will say that obj should go and sit down while gej must go and sit up.

I am yet to see any of them that is even 50% interested in our welfare. Many of us insult people just because of mere corrupt leaders who don't even know whether we exist or not. It is just like some football fans who fight, quarrel and kill themselves over manu, chelsea, arsenal, barca, real madr, etc, meanwhile they have not eaten or even taken care of their problems. Even those footballers do not even know that they exist.

Gej, obj, tinubu, buhari, chime, amechi, peter obi, fashola, akpabio, rochas, ta orji, uduagham, babangida aliyu, lamido, kwankwaso, aregbesola, suswam, david mark, tambuwal, ibb, ihedioha, all politicians are all the same. They do not care about us. They are only interested in their interest.
Disintegration is the answer, the earlier the better. We are not one and we can never be.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by basilo101: 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Y d mumu mallam cari overloaded truck enta wooden bridge? And 4 sm mumu ppl talking rubish aren't dia numerous tolled wooden bridges at d Lagos-ogun boundary? Cnt u c d man avoided d highway lukin 4 short cut? Dey shud put a barrier immediately
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Gregzee: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
But that is not the on the main route linking the two States !
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by shizzle11(m): 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
plenty of jobless irritants on this Nland. Look at the way they flock this thread with their usual senseless tirade.

A bridge collapsed and they are all rejoicing, spewing their usual garbage. Always ready and lurking, waiting for an Igbo related thread to be opened so they can feast and have a jamboree on it with their usual hate- filled verbosity.

Like seriously, you clowns must be having some sense of fulfilment with your obsession. Pathetic dolts.

@post, that bridge needs attention asap.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by OmoTier1(m): 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: A bridge collapsed, instead of the brain-dead buffons on NL to ask relevant questions like who was in charge of maintaining that bridge, is it a state or FG owned bridge? How can such accidents be prevented? They're here talking irrelevant cr@p, anyone could've died if that bridge had collapsed during the day, an Ibo man, a Yoruba or a Tiv, but would you lot have cared? No, it's to come here and brag about useless things like whose bridge lasted longer. It's foolhardy to think this happens only in the East, the fact that you read this one doesn't mean it doesn't happen everywhere. Stop embarrassing yourselves on an international forum, you guys have a reputation of being shallow-minded already
I am sorry dear dada... international forum with sign language... oyinbo is a difficult to speak cool
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by OmoTier1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
shizzle11: plenty of jobless irritants on this Nland. Look at the way they flock this thread with their usual senseless tirade.

A bridge collapsed and they are all rejoicing, spewing their usual garbage. Always ready and lurking, waiting for an Igbo related thread to be opened so they can feast and have a jamboree on it with their usual hate- filled verbosity.

Like seriously, you clowns must be having some sense of fulfilment with your obsession. Pathetic dolts.

@post, that bridge needs attention asap.
When ti happens else where outside of the east who cries the most NL? Not that I support any of those who have made joke of this misfortune the community is now faced with, but just letting you know... check ya eye first, small san san dey inside wink
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Policewoman(f): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
If i may ask, why are most of these oodua tribal bigots always drinking panadol for any headache the Ibos have?
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by madamoringo(f): 8:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
It seems some people are pained that their emperors robes is torn and has become the butt of jokes in the market square? Where are the people who are being hated because their 'god has blessed' them? I wonder
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
Its pathetic to see what has happened to this community. Do the children have to cross this bridge to get to school or market?

A part of this bridge story is sad, plenty of it is amusing and the rest is just plain ignorance.

To my Ibo brothers, please, please, stop branding yourself industrious; you are not. Follow this link and see what industry is about.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-private-wooden-bridge-owners-make-millions-of-naira-everyday-investigation/

This is what Yorubas have done for over 40yrs, they dont wait for useless govt. What you see in this linked story, this is industry! This is the story all over Yorubaland where such bridges exist for commuter transit.

This bridge in Mr Mpuke's village has brought out some hard lessons.

1. When you hear that bridges are tolled in Yorubaland, now you know why; respect it!

2. If the bridge was tolled, the danger of the cement truck weight would have been spotted and he would be diverted elsewhere.

3. A percentage of the toll goes towards repair and upgrade as well salary for the operations staff. This is called self-funded project. Tolling the bridge also create reserves from which the community can draw for small scale self-development and not be totally dependent on LG money. This revenue self-generation is what we call IGR, a popular concept in West.

4. How does Mr Mkupe know who is entering their communities? The toll point also serve as a sentry post for sharing information and collecting news about other nearby communities as well strangers in transit.

To wrap up, we have people in Yorubaland that are specialized in this venture and would be more than happy to serve as consultants and get this village started on a proper footing; and by extension teach Iboland how to be industrious. cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Jonathan Congratulates Aregbesola / One Killed In Southern Kaduna As Soldiers Shoot At Protesting Women / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.