Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses (23038 Views)

Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi / Odili Bridge Collapses In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by dabossman(m): 10:51am On Dec 19, 2013
DonColz1: President of Nkerefi Town Union, Mr. Joseph Mkpume, said before the town could decide on the action to take, the driver of the truck connived with some people and evacuated the truck and cement.
“If we, the villagers, had been smarter than the driver, we would have held him, the truck and the goods, and ensure its firm comes to fix the bridge,” said Mkpume.
/

And I'm guessing these people who connived with the driver are members of that same community. When will we learn to do what is right in the interest of all instead of pursuing our own selfish interests? Nigerians, una well done o!
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by misterh(m): 10:51am On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: A bridge collapsed, instead of the brain-dead buffons on NL to ask relevant questions like who was in charge of maintaining that bridge, is it a state or FG owned bridge? How can such accidents be prevented? They're here talking irrelevant cr@p, anyone could've died if that bridge had collapsed during the day, an Ibo man, a Yoruba or a Tiv, but would you lot have cared? No, it's to come here and brag about useless things like whose bridge lasted longer. It's foolhardy to think this happens only in the East, the fact that you read this one doesn't mean it doesn't happen everywhere. Stop embarrassing yourselves on an international forum, you guys have a reputation of being shallow-minded already
Imagine the govt reading the comments, they'll just conclude that Nigerians are not ready for change. They are still battling with silly tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 19, 2013
I LOVE THIS THREAD. grin

3 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by winta2007(m): 10:55am On Dec 19, 2013
We from Nara is going to suffer especially the market women.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2013
Who build this gada with san san? I don laff tire for this thread... grin

2 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2013
When I look at some of the vile comments being spewed on social media by our youths in the name of ethnic bigotry.... I feel sorry for the future of our dear country. we keep recycling the same old bullshiiit our past leaders in the 60s gave us to enhance their political power. I wonder how a foreigner reading all these comments would feel after watching our super eagles.... the only time we come together is when football is being played.
May God give us wisdom to outgrow this ethnic chauvinism and grow forward as a united nation. I weep for our youths....
NB....I am a youth

2 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2013
Hold your leaders responsible for all the abuse and insults you get from other tribes. I keep saying, if u guys don't talk, a time will come, there will be no reason to go home for christmas! What are your governors using their allocation for?
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by itsrandeeboi(m): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2013
Okay, this section has a moderator, right? Except I am to believe that what is happening on this thread has the blessing of the moderator and admin, then someone needs to do their job quickly.

3 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2013

3 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Delafruita(m): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2013
osinachukwu: At leats its a 34year old bridge dat collapse 34 year old!!!! In a rural area,how about lagos dat houses collapse everyday killin u monkeys.
u need mental and spiritual help
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by nekaa(f): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2013
I wont even walk across that bridge nt to mention go on it with a car..

2 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by superstar1(m): 11:11am On Dec 19, 2013
Nonso23: Wow! I'm not the least suprised at this shameless all out show of senseless shallow minded affliation to one tribe or the other. Shame on you! Shame on you!! Shame on your reasoning! Damn you to hell! angry
Must every single thread on here be tribalized?
FYI, the govt is responsible for the maintenance of that road not mere villagers. For such bridge to be able to last 34years shows it has been maintained (if not even built) by those same villagers!
When will many Nigerians begin to ask for the dividends of their votes from the govt?
We claim to be educated yet we enthrone crass stupidity to reign as king over our every word and deed. Shame on you tribalists!

Ok.

Is that the concrete effort that will improve the death trap?
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by itsrandeeboi(m): 11:14am On Dec 19, 2013
superstar1:

Ok.

Is that the concrete effort that will improve the death trap?

And this is your positive contribution to a constructive discussion?
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by superstar1(m): 11:16am On Dec 19, 2013
itsrandeeboi:

And this is your positive contribution to a constructive discussion?

Is this your solution to the death trap?

1 Like

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 19, 2013

3 Likes

Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by superstar1(m): 11:25am On Dec 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:

have u finished repairing the ones in ur villages

Yes, we have finished repairing the ones in our villages, because we are not republican and we pay our tax regularly. That has given us the authority and audacity to demand performance from our political class.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by aljharem(m): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2013
hope no causality sad
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by ngcars(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2013
Tuntheycr7: shocked shocked
Is that a bridge or a gada ?
It is gada my brother.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by itsrandeeboi(m): 11:33am On Dec 19, 2013
superstar1:

Is this your solution to the death trap?

Apparently, you know something we don't about fixing death traps. Let's hear it.
Re: 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses by itsrandeeboi(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2013
ngcars: .
It is gada my brother.

grin grin grin grin

What tha heck is a "gada"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / Ambode Shows His Activeness On Social Media (photo ) / Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.