Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya (14671 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by prettyboi1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

On second thoughts let me engage you a bit.

I live in US so I would comment on the whites there. The average oyibo man where I live doesn't even give a fvck about you a black man or whether he is with a white chick or anything like that. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The average oyibo man is thinking about how he is going to take that next vacation to Hawaii or how that slim white girl strolling down the road would agree to suck his d!c.k. He is also thinking about the mortgage on his home and if his favorite baseball team will win the MLB championship. grin grin grin

Who told you that white people care about all that trash you stated above? And BTW which slave mentality are you talking about? When the white dude out here is mmoaning about how the banks and credit corporations are fleecing his ass daily and enslaving him?

You speak of Django Unchained huh? What has that got to do with anything? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Please reality and tv are 2 different things. All the propagandists that you listen to are just noise-makers who don't even know the reality of things on ground.

Most white people who have asked me where I am from don't even know where Nigeria is grin grin grin grin. One white lady asked if I was from Boston because of my accent. She said it sounded delicious grin grin. Another asked whether Nigeria was in South Africa or Brazil. grin grin

My boss is so fascinated with me that her eyes always lights up with interest whenever she asks me about Nigeria and I begin to speak about home. Those are the racist people who you think hate Africans with so much passion. People who don't even know if Africa is a nation or island or continent grin grin grin grin
With all due respect bro,this post of yours just sells you out as a "white-asss worshipper" & a slave. Remember? A slave barely even knows he or she is a slave cos he/she gets so used to being a slave that he/she barely even knows when he/she is trying to hard too please his/her master.

4 Likes

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nogodre: 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
I laugh in swahili.Hw white man go come 4rm europe discover sth wey dey my back yard b/4 dem born am. D same way they sd Mungo park discovered river niger. Can we imagine a black man sayn he was d 1st 2 discover d Andes or Euphrates. As 4 those labeln Mugabe a tyrant, Mugabe stil remains 1 of d greatest African leader 2 've stood hs ground against d imperialista hence d economic sanction dt followed. Albinitio, d con3 was doing well prior to Mugabe's policy of land distributn. S A are wre they are today because they play to d tune of the imperialist ie protecting d biz interest of the white minority dre. In otherwords, d locals are @ disvantage and poor.Hence d economy of SA lies in d hand of d white minority wit d help of d Britain that sees it as an annex. Oh Ghaddafi d unsung African hero, African neva new ur worth until now, they wre blinded by d crumbs dt falls 4rm d imperialist. Adieu mosieur.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nogodre: 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
I laugh in swahili.Hw white man go come 4rm europe discover sth wey dey my back yard b/4 dem born am. D same way they sd Mungo park discovered river niger. Can we imagine d black man bn sd 2 hv bn d 1st 2 discover d Andes or Euphrates. As 4 those labeln Mugabe a tyrant, Mugabe stil remains 1 of d greatest African leader 2 've stood hs ground against d imperialista hence d economic sanction dt followed. Albinitio, d con3 was doing well prior to Mugabe's policy of land distributn. S A are wre they are today because they play to d tune of the imperialist ie protecting d biz interest of the white minority dre. In otherwords, d locals are @ disvantage and poor.Hence d economy of SA lies in d hand of d white minority wit d help of d Britain that sees it as an annex. Oh Ghaddafi d unsung African hero, African neva new ur worth until now, they wre blinded by d crumbs dt falls 4rm d imperialist. Adieu mosieur.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
pretty_boi:
With all due respect bro,this post of yours just sells you out as a "white-ass worshipper" & a slave. Remember? A slave barely even knows he or she is a slave cos he/she gets so used to being a slave that he/she barely even knows when he/she is trying to hard to please his/her master.

Nope. I don't worship whites. I respect them because they have been able to get their shyt together. tongue tongue

An oyibo man would travel outside his country and do all kinds of stu.pid shyt like molesting little kids, fraud, etc but once his a$$ steps back into his country, he comports himself in an orderly manner grin grin grin grin

Black people have not been able to get their own shyt together. We destroy each other and our homeland over crumbs thrown at us. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by prettyboi1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

Nope. I don't worship whites. I respect them because they have been able to get their shyt together. tongue tongue

An oyibo man would travel outside his country and do all kinds of stu.pid shyt like molesting little kids, fraud, etc but once his a$$ steps back into his country, he comports himself in an orderly manner grin grin grin grin

Black people have not been able to get their own shyt together. We destroy each other and our homeland over crumbs thrown at us. undecided undecided undecided
....cos of people like you who don't believe in anything but self-hate.

2 Likes

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by adconline(m): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
mankand:

Hey kid, shut the f*ck up as you know nothing about Robert Mugabe. He is doing the right thing and i really commend him for that. Africans need to start waking up again from our sleep.

I recommend everyone to get this documentary called "The Hidden Color part 1 and part 2" it have a lot to say about the African History before the Europeans came and started stealing everything. I cannot say much. If you want to learn your history, get a copy of the movie

Thanks you
Can you go and live in his country? It's for white to colonize Africa, but it's OK for African elites to colonize their fellow Africans..
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
pretty_boi:
....cos of people like you who don't believe in anything but self-hate.

Listen dude, stop talking propaganda nonsense to me because it won't fly with me. Open your eyes and see the truth.

White people are exploitative. Yes!! But has the black race been able to get their shyt together? NO!!

Mugabe's renaming of the waterfall was noble. Yes! But of what significance is that to the common man on the street who is still living in abject poverty in that primitive country called Zimbabwe?

Americans can talk about pride and faith in their country because their stomachs are filled with good food and their healthcare can be paid for. Loyalty is not automatic. It is earned.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by prettyboi1(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

Listen dude, stop talking propaganda nonsense to me because it won't fly with me. Open your eyes and see the truth.

White people are exploitative. Yes!! But has the black race been able to get their shyt together? NO!!

Mugabe's renaming of the waterfall was noble. Yes! But of what significance is that to the common man on the street who is still living in abject poverty in that primitive country called Zimbabwe?

Americans can talk about pride and faith in their country because their stomachs are filled with good food and their healthcare can be paid for. Loyalty is not automatic. It is earned.
Now,you're beginning to sound more like you want to learn & that's good. America has done great for itself & that's good!And it's also true that a lot of black nations are still coming up in a lot of things at least when compared to America or some of these other countries you guys worship (& that's because our history was/is altered & we're trying to re-build ourselves). How can that growth be transformed into rapid & speedy progress? First & foremost by making people believe in themselves,their race,their people & country & loving themselves. THIS IS THE SIGNIFICANCE TO THE COMMON MAN. THIS IS WHAT MUGABE IS ALSO AIDING. When you love yourself & take pride in you & your people, you automatically put your race & your country up high in esteem & THAT MAKES YOU TO COMMIT TO MAKING YOUR RACE & YOUR COUNTRY BETTER THAN IT WAS WHEN YOU WERE BORN INTO IT. I belong to this party of people who have committed to this course. Comprehende?

3 Likes

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

On second thoughts let me engage you a bit.

I live in US so I would comment on the whites there. The average oyibo man where I live doesn't even give a fvck about you a black man or whether he is with a white chick or anything like that. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The average oyibo man is thinking about how he is going to take that next vacation to Hawaii or how that slim white girl strolling down the road would agree to suck his d!c.k. He is also thinking about the mortgage on his home and if his favorite baseball team will win the MLB championship. grin grin grin

Who told you that white people care about all that trash you stated above? And BTW which slave mentality are you talking about? When the white dude out here is mmoaning about how the banks and credit corporations are fleecing his ass daily and enslaving him?

You speak of Django Unchained huh? What has that got to do with anything? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Please reality and tv are 2 different things. All the propagandists that you listen to are just noise-makers who don't even know the reality of things on ground.

Most white people who have asked me where I am from don't even know where Nigeria is grin grin grin grin. One white lady asked if I was from Boston because of my accent. She said it sounded delicious grin grin. Another asked whether Nigeria was in South Africa or Brazil. grin grin

My boss is so fascinated with me that her eyes always lights up with interest whenever she asks me about Nigeria and I begin to speak about home. Those are the racist people who you think hate Africans with so much passion. People who don't even know if Africa is a nation or island or continent grin grin grin grin
Pack of lies, vast majority of white Americans know exactly where Nigeria is, i call bs on your made up experience with whites in America. Anybody that has ever lived in the US will also do the same.

2 Likes

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by demmy(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

Self hate is bad.

4 Likes

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by alyarmouk(m): 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
I Hope he changes his name ROBERT too
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:
Now we are talking. smiley smiley smiley

I don't hang around Nigerians either because the are crabs in a bucket. Horrid people. African Americans are even worse. They are the worst of the entire bunch.

I get your point about white people though. Don't ever let them catch you slipping or doing stupid shyt cos they will sell you out in a heartbeat. They are not angels but I like their attitude though: They give you what you deserve.

My Nigerian experience (as most Nigerians are experiencing) was not a pleasant one. When I weigh life here in US with life in Nigeria, I think I prefer it here because things here actually work unlike Nigeria where everything is done through backdoor, runz, koni-koni or egunje (bribe).

I get your point though. I always watch my back, I don't get too comfortable and I do my own shyt and go my way. I live a simple content life here and I am happy.

Thanks for the heads up though. wink

Thanks, brother. Agreed a lot of Nigerians are horrible people - arguably the majority because of their selfishness and greed. The mentality is just effed up. However, there are few decent ones. I'll tell you a story. One time I must have gone for window-shopping somewhere to view a few things and I saw something I needed to buy urgently before they increase the price again. It was extremely cheap because of sale. So I decided to pawn my gold bracelet because I was £300 short. Got to the pawn-broker and the girl there was on a long-thing. Telling me to come back in like 3hrs time, or something. I just got agitated and start arguing with her. Then this elderly naija woman at the shop noticed what was happening - and asked me what the problem. I told her. And the woman gave me the money and told me to do something nice with it. Bruv, I gave her the bracelet, but she rejected it. I was shocked because give someone £300 is a big thing out here. Heck, giving someone £50 is hell of a big deal. I had to proper thank the woman - and I told her I was Nigerian as well. That's a good Nigerian right there.

With AAs, I think it has more to do with the mentality that Africans sold them into slavery, the image of Africa, and how uppity a lot of Africans are. I honestly don't think they're terrible people, if you can't relate properly with them. Some of them might be bad - but majority of them are decent. It's just about bridging the gap. There a lot of 2nd generation African diasporans who hate Africa/Africans with a passion as well. I've got a few friends who're like that. Heck, I've got a younger cousin who's like that. This guy hates everything African. He doesn't even like the food - and he thinks all black girls, or should I say dark skinned girls are ugly and wicked. He only dates mixed-race girls. True story. This guy went to naija in 2007 and promised never to go back again. He said the people live in huts and ugly houses. grin But he's a decent guy. That's my favourite cousin right there - the only cousin I chat to everyday and probably the only one I would take a bullet for and go out of my way to do anything for. However, that's his mentality. He's just 20. Still young and I hope he would change with time. I'm schooling him, anyway.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
I think it is time to rename Victoria Island too

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

Personally, I think white people were/are able to get their shyte together because everything they do is quintessentially them. However, most of the countries in Africa are European experiments...and we're trying to advance their experience without having the basic knowledge of what they're about. Heck, we're adding more of their experience to the ones we can't fix. It's like copying and pasting different ideas that aren't yours, to form an article - you know how disjointed and incoherent it's going to look? - that's the story of African people.

However, if you write the nucleus of your article and probably copy and paste a few things in there. It would be different, right? That's the story of the Asian tigers.

Regardless, it's good to respect achievers. I've got a lot of respect for white folks and Asians. However, I shall never feel inferior to them. Went to school with them, from pry sch - to uni level. And I don't think there's anything special about them. They're just normal people.

4 Likes

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
femmyb: Pack of lies, vast majority of white Americans know exactly where Nigeria is, i call bs on your made up experience with whites in America. Anybody that has ever lived in the US will also do the same.

Well, what would I gain from spending my precious time writing lies on NL? undecided undecided undecided undecided

I have said my own and made my point. If our opinions differ, then that is only normal cos we are different
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Ekaka1(m): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
I hear you and I think you make some valid points. However, if the locals refer to it as Mosi Oa Tunya, I don't see why the name shouldn't be officially changed to that. That's what the people call it,why then call it another name?

I'm sure it has always been referred to as Mosi Oa Tunya way before it was discovered by Livingstone and named in honor of Queen Victoria.

So the question is how come Robert is just realizing this now after he's spent decades sitting tight in office.undecided

Robert is just a spent silly old man always looking for new headlines to continue to perpetuate himself in office. We all know He's signed to die in office as president and he does not need any new gimmick to be relevant. Zimbabweans have accepted their fate and they await his demise patiently and hope Morgan or any other less corrupt personality will mount the saddle and relieve them of this Totalitarian slave master called Robert Mugabe
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by ojinku(m): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
I hope Google will not reply ''error'' when the name is Googled or even send a different meaning from what you intend to know.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
pretty_boi:
Now,you're beginning to sound more like you want to learn & that's good. America has done great for itself & that's good!And it's also true that a lot of black nations are still coming up in a lot of things at least when compared to America or some of these other countries you guys worship (& that's because our history was/is altered & we're trying to re-build ourselves). How can that growth be transformed into rapid & speedy progress? First & foremost by making people believe in themselves,their race,their people & country & loving themselves. THIS IS THE SIGNIFICANCE TO THE COMMON MAN. THIS IS WHAT MUGABE IS ALSO AIDING. When you love yourself & take pride in you & your people, you automatically put your race & your country up high in esteem & THAT MAKES YOU TO COMMIT TO MAKING YOUR RACE & YOUR COUNTRY BETTER THAN IT WAS WHEN YOU WERE BORN INTO IT. I belong to this party of people who have committed to this course. Comprehende?

Si.

I comprehend. grin grin grin grin grin

But in my opinion, mugabe is putting the cart before the horse and that is the same shyt many African leaders do. Was renaming the waterfalls such a priority above fixing his country's economy? Yes he tried to infuse a sense of African pride into his countrymen by that action but the man on the street's stomach still growls from hunger.

America knows how to put fire underneath its citizens ass meanwhile blowing cool A/C on their upper bodies grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. This means they exploit the citizens and suck them dry but give them enough good food and money enough to keep their bodies working to enrich the ogas at the top grin grin grin grin grin grin. African leaders have not been able to do this. They enslave their own people and still expect them to be loyal and revere them.

It doesn't work that way grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by captainbaroni(m): 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
edoyad: While I am against the oppressive Govt of Mugabe and his eZANU PF puppets, I'm totally for the renaming of those falls.
I support that. And this is exactly what my friend has bn saying, we have to really free ourselves from all these colonial bandages.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

Since oyibo left you all to govern yourselves, you have indeed made an awful mess of things. Mental slavery indeed undecided

BULLSHIIT. That is the CNN version of African post-colonial history, imbibed by gullible Africans. It never ceases to amaze me the number of puffed up malcontents on their ipads, laptops and jeeps bemoaning the ''good old days'' of colonial rule when the sign of 'good living' was a bicycle and a pair of sandals without nails in it.

Somebody needs to shove your asses back to the 50s, when life expectancy was 37 years, malnutrition rife, 90% illiteracy, and cars, the preserve of the very richest, JUST SO YOU KNOW HOW FAR YOU'VE COME UNDER BLACK RULE, despite the flaws of the post-colonial leadership.

Most of you here could not survive for one minute in 1950s Nigeria. At least in today's Naija if things get too rough you can consider checking out to the states or UK etc. Reason? Mass education policies of post independence govts which ensured most people have the basic education and exposure to even contemplate such a thing. Under colonial rule, most Nigerians were stark illiterates stuck in the villages, so the idea of leaving the country in search of greener pastures (something we consider a 'bad' thing today) was in those days not even conceivable. So you can imagine the raw hopelessness of the situation back then. Of course the elders would refer to those days as ''good old days'', but what they really mean is ''simplicity of life''... ''ignorance is bliss''.... ''every man to his hut''..

If you visit the UNICEF website, and study African progress in basic indicators from the colonial era till today, there is STEADY AND GENERALISED IMPROVEMENT IN ALL AREAS OF HUMAN EXISTENCE from education to infrastructure to health to GDP. One can argue over what they consider to be the 'slow' progress being made, BUT PROGRESS IS BEING MADE and therefore it is WRONG to claim that post independent African leadership has failed or is failing.

Even today as we speak, 6 of the word's 10 fastest growing economies are in Africa. Africa is now the word's second fastest growing continental economy after Asia. So a lot of these borderline racist anti-African views being aired above are really getting tired, archaic, and lacking in any credibility.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by meforyou1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
And we the Igbos shall also rename gulf of guinea to its original name "bight of Biafra"

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by olabamiyo(m): 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
mandarin: India renamed Bombay as Mumbai, nothing is wrong in renaming anything on Africa in local names of which any part of Africa can be affected. Take for instance Victoria Island can be Oniru Island or even Iwalewa,Oduduwa etc
How can you say a while man discovered something in ,Africa, its simply saying all those living around there were not humans.
i tink i prefer iwalewa island...lolzz
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

Si.

I comprehend. grin grin grin grin grin

But in my opinion, mugabe is putting the cart before the horse and that is the same shyt many African leaders do. Was renaming the waterfalls such a priority above fixing his country's economy? Yes he tried to infuse a sense of African pride into his countrymen by that action but the man on the street's stomach still growls from hunger.

America knows how to put fire underneath its citizens ass meanwhile blowing cool A/C on their upper bodies grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. This means they exploit the citizens and suck them dry but give them enough good food and money enough to keep their bodies working to enrich the ogas at the top grin grin grin grin grin grin. African leaders have not been able to do this. They enslave their own people and still expect them to be loyal and revere them.

It doesn't work that way grin grin grin grin grin
How do you expect Mugabe to fix his countrys economy when the powers that be have imposed strangulating economic sanctions on the country. The same way Castro couldn't fix Cubas economy cause of the US embargo, the same way Iran's economy is collapsing due to western sanctions
You seem not to understand the powers of western imperialism, and it's ability to crush all opposition to it's agenda. Actually the economy of Zimbabwe has turn the corner and they were able to withstand the sanctions and the Mugabes land reform have been a success.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by LajaLaba: 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
ROSSIKE:

BULLSHIIT. That is the CNN version of African post-colonial history, imbibed by gullible Africans. It never ceases to amaze me the number of puffed up malcontents on their ipads, laptops and jeeps bemoaning the ''good old days'' of colonial rule when the sign of 'good living' was a bicycle and a pair of sandals without nails in it.

Somebody needs to shove your asses back to the 50s, when life expectancy was 37 years, malnutrition rife, 90% illiteracy, and cars, the preserve of the very richest, JUST SO YOU KNOW HOW FAR YOU'VE COME UNDER BLACK RULE, despite the flaws of the post-colonial leadership.

Most of you here could not survive for one minute in 1950s Nigeria. At least in today's Naija if things get too rough you can consider checking out to the states or UK etc. Reason? Mass education policies of post independence govts which ensured most people have the basic education and exposure to even contemplate such a thing. Under colonial rule, most Nigerians were stark illiterates stuck in the villages, so the idea of leaving the country in search of greener pastures (something we consider a 'bad' thing today) was in those days not even conceivable. So you can imagine the raw hopelessness of the situation back then. Of course the elders would refer to those days as ''good old days'', but what they really mean is ''simplicity of life''... ''ignorance is bliss''.... ''every man to his hut''..

If you visit the UNICEF website, and study African progress in basic indicators from the colonial era till today, there is STEADY AND GENERALISED IMPROVEMENT IN ALL AREAS OF HUMAN EXISTENCE from education to infrastructure to health to GDP. One can argue over what they consider to be the 'slow' progress being made, BUT PROGRESS IS BEING MADE and therefore it is WRONG to claim that post independent African leadership has failed or is failing.

Even today as we speak, 6 of the word's 10 fastest growing economies are in Africa. Africa is now the word's second fastest growing continental economy after Asia. So a lot of these borderline racist anti-African views being aired above are really getting tired, archaic, and lacking in any credibility.
False hope prophet
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by redsun(m): 12:52am On Dec 21, 2013
I wonder when lagos victoria island will be renamed?F.oolish tinubu and his puppets will think the name is posssh,therefore cool.Bourdilon,mcpherson and all that dem bullshit around ikoyi that are named after past oppressors.

According to Fela,"He be say you bi colonial man,You don be slave man before,oyinbo don release you,but you never release yourself".
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 21, 2013
Well, it depends on his motive. If his motive is to restore it's former name to foster cultural identity then it's a good idea, but if his motive is to seek attention, he is a sore loser, besides, he cannot unilaterally change the name.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 21, 2013
femmyb: How do you expect Mugabe to fix his countrys economy when the powers that be have imposed strangulating economic sanctions on the country. The same way Castro couldn't fix Cubas economy cause of the US embargo, the same way Iran's economy is collapsing due to western sanctions
You seem not to understand the powers of western imperialism, and it's ability to crush all opposition to it's agenda. Actually the economy of Zimbabwe has turn the corner and they were able to withstand the sanctions and the Mugabes land reform have been a success.
One of the most invaluable lessons i learnt from my father is to play stooge till you get what you want, and never be in direct confrontation with those stronger than you. Maybe if Mugabe took that advice, probably things would have been better. With my background and knowledge, i can tell you authoritatively that there is NO asian country that developed without western capital and influence. From Japan to South Korea and even China. If their governments were hostile to foreign powers, they would have gone NOWHERE. That's just the plain truth.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by NATDimuna(m): 2:25am On Dec 21, 2013
africans are coming up am loving it,the only true heros of africans that i know are one-fela two-mandela three-mogabe take it or leave it my brother they are the only one that stood for you to the last,they stood for for every thing africa our culture our religion and our way of life.

before thirf comes man had every thin open your eyes my brothers and sisters and those of you who think they love you watch keep one eye for bak and one for frount o i don go every where and i don see they like mumu jjc

time will george we will not know the value of this men not until they are completely gone
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 21, 2013
Laja Laba: False hope prophet

Lazy prophet of doom and self-hate allergic to progress.

Thankfully, millions and millions of Africans are waking up to the great potential all around them even as you sleep and snore.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by ceaser: 4:10am On Dec 21, 2013
edoyad: While I am against the oppressive Govt of Mugabe and his eZANU PF puppets, I'm totally for the renaming of those falls.
I think Mugabe should change his own name too. He should stop answering Robert just so to be fair.
NnamdiN: It's so irritating when they say luggard and his wife named Nigeria ewww they might have been xxxxing or high on crack when they named it grin

Not even his wife, but his mistress. Meaning that name was a product outta wedlock. In order words, it's a bas***d name. grin

pDude:
My boss is so fascinated with me that her eyes always lights up with interest whenever she asks me about Nigeria and I begin to speak about home. Those are the racist people who you think hate Africans with so much passion. People who don't even know if Africa is a nation or island or continent grin grin grin grin[/b]

A little advice - watch yourself around your boss since her eyes always "light up" anytime you're around her. Innocently, some white females are wont to satisfy their curiousity about a black pDude (the legends of black endowment) grin And don't tell me she's an old woman and therefore harmless. They're as ravenous as they come.
Re: Mugabe Renames Victoria Falls To Mosi Oa Tunya by mathskill: 4:51am On Dec 21, 2013
mandarin: India renamed Bombay as Mumbai, nothing is wrong in renaming anything on Africa in local names of which any part of Africa can be affected. Take for instance Victoria Island can be Oniru Island or even Iwalewa,Oduduwa etc
How can you say a while man discovered something in ,Africa, its simply saying all those living around there were not humans.
Victoria Island is named after Gowons wife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Politician Confesses To Spending $500,000 On Witchcraft To Win Elections! / 62 Die In Devastating Forest Fire In Portugal, 50 Injured / Saudi Throws Kenyan Maid Out Of Top Floor Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.