Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? (20172 Views)

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by lifestyle1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Saw

Wrong turn

Final destination

Hills have eyes

Texas chain saw massacre

And many more.....

I enjoy seeing people go through pain angry

downloading insidious 1 N 2.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by yfo: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
sweetroses: Alright I went back to page 1 and counted which movies were most recommended

Saw was the winner followed by Evil Dead.
Inshort the top 7 recommended horror movies on this thread are
Saw: mentioned 29 times
Evil Dead: mentioned 28 times
Final destination: 19
The Conjuring: 16
The Ring: 11
Insidious and Chucky: 10
Omen and The Exorcist: 9
The hills have eyes, Wrong Turn and Jeepers Creepers: 7

cool, and pls watch them @night so when the screaming commences u can call on moi to do the needful cuddling*wink*
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by GogetterMD(m): 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=Bome01]Dead Silence
Took my time to read through all the comments! It's been long I watched a horror movie(plan to resume soonest). I feel those who mentioned final destination, mirror 1, etc. I think i need to watch "the conjuring" and Friday the 13th
However, I didn't see any mention of "Case 59" "The first Thing" I recommend "the thing" most especially

Case 39,not Case 59. Renee Zeweeger
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by GogetterMD(m): 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=life_style]Saw

Wrong turn

Final destination

Hills have eyes

Texas chain saw massacre

And many more.....

I enjoy seeing people go through pain angry

downloading insidious 1 N 2

Already completed the download. Come and collect in my house. Great movie though.
Btw, the omen was just an ok movie. Not that scary. Insidious is way better
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by GogetterMD(m): 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
No one seems to have mentioned
-The midnight meat train
-1408 (Russel Crowe)
Those 2 were some crazy shi.t
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by revolt(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
the most horrible films in this world are

evil dead part 1
the ring part1
the grudge
the exorcist
exorcism of Emily rose
haunting at Connecticut
jeepers creepers part1
nightmare on elm street
willywilly
ayamatanga
willywilly
hauwa
paranormal activity. erm did I 4get the 39th floor.
I don't believe some people haven't watched child's play, too many kids on nairaland.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by TolaniLuv: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
ceejay80s: 1.The day abacha died
2.ikeja cantoment bombing
3.the nigerian civil war 1963
if u were there, u go know say no horror film horror reach these 3 events

That's was some scary shit!

Ikeja cantonment bombing

And Hausa vs Yoruba Mile 12 fight was raw scary shit! When you see the OPC cutting the Hausas head and burning em.

When an Hausa man was removing the baby from the pregnant woman belly at under bridge mile 12 . That's not movie it's real scary

So: Ikeja cantonment bombing
2 : Mile 12 Fight Hausa vs Yoruba
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by olaniyanibukun0: 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
Scary and Gory ain't d same o...... Most of u are writing down gory movies
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by TruthTella(m): 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
danjuma_cse: its a very old movie about a a chief who connived to sell ile oosa(property of deities) and his chronicles to escape death after his accomplices died.scary and funny

Thanks dude
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Frankloon(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
the poltergeist.
silent hill.
insidious.
final destination 1-5
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Frankloon(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
tony ayo: You need to see Masters of horror season 1&2 (26 episodes in total, 1hr per episode). Episodes like 'jenifer' & 'hackel's tale' will so scare you.
saw em
'cigarette burns' and 'dreams in the witch house' freaked me out like shyt
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Bebetter: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
[size=20pt]Top for 2013:

Mama
The Conjouring
The Possesion

The rest movies you guys are mentioning, are mere thrillers, try "the orphanage" u go fear fear! And had anyone not seen "Mama 2013"? Quote: two toddlers in a room, one taps the other sleeping, "Victoria! Victoria, wake up it's mama; then the darkness comes crawling in through the window" haha! Creepy as hell.

[/size]
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Proffdada: 6:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
1.Hell raiser collection
2.saw collection
3.nightmare on elm street
4.evil dead collection
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by lepasharon(f): 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Dolcilicious(f): 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
Fatanasanma
faculty
slither
the walkin dead
resident evil
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by sweetroses(f): 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by sweetroses(f): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
harde2lah:
please, how can i get them from you?

We would have to do an exchange. Watcha say?
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by 4C2215131: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=GogetterMD][/quote]

In my opinion,Insidious aint got nothing on The Omen I-III (the classical cut). Get to understand the plot and you'd understand where I'm coming from.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by 4C2215131: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
GogetterMD: No one seems to have mentioned
-The midnight meat train
-1408 (Russel Crowe)
Those 2 were some crazy shi.t

1408,Nice psychological drama,though I think the protagonist was John Cusack and not Russel Crowe. Cheers.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by 4C2215131: 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
timsbee: Has any one seen jeepers creepers, first power, albino farm. Nd agbara nla vs ide esu.

On point! First Power,now that's a movie right there!
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by 4C2215131: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Philipsdael: Is it not SAW that one old man will catch some persons and put them in a room with a task for them to do in the room or else sometin will kill them in the same room....
#Rubbish... My brother was watching it and i was so pissed by the whole-shitass-movie.
Æ
i downloaded and watch "the curse of chucky"(2013 version) quite interesting but the victims always act unreasonably-dumb to have fall in2 chukky's plans....dats just wat i donf like.
Æ
Exorcism, guys was it not that movie that 'Nicholas-Cage' acted the leading-role? If yes... That movie is tight but it ain't dat entirely scary..... But far far better than SAW and cannot be compared.... Expecially the scene when a dead-witch roze from a deep stream and clinch the Rev.Father... The whole scene was scary.

#i think i'll download (Conjuring) (seed) (evil-dead2013) less i forget, the former evil-dead of old were so damn scary.... Hope yall remember that movie.

Nope,Nicholas Cage had nothing to do with the Exorcist movie (guess he must have been quite tender in age when The Exorcist was hitting theatres worldwide). The movie you are referring to is The Season of The Witch. Not bad too. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by 4C2215131: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
MOBBDEEP:

Georgesco, your head, sure, is massively there.
You try gan ni
'Saw' series was great.
Likewise was 'Wrong Turn'

But none have I seen that beats my perceived mother of all horrors :
HOUSE OF WAX
Larry-Sun!, please, as much as I doff my hat for your review, it's incomplete without 'House of Wax'.
Please, kindly see it and place the movie in the appropriate place in your review.

All these are great:
*Bride of Chuckky
*Exorcism of Emily Rose ( A must-watch for me every week. This movie, albeit it's being a true-life story screen adaptation, is just a Paranormal )
*The Collector ( The one with Denzel Washington )
*The Elm's Street
*The Exorcist
*The Red Dragon
*Wish

But they are child's play to 'House of Wax'

Again in my opinion like a poster earlier opined,House of Wax is more of a thriller than jump- out- your- seat- hunted dreams movie. It just deals with a group of disturbed people. But it's a real nice movie though. Cheers.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by 4C2215131: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
MOBBDEEP:

Georgesco, your head, sure, is massively there.
You try gan ni
'Saw' series was great.
Likewise was 'Wrong Turn'

But none have I seen that beats my perceived mother of all horrors :
HOUSE OF WAX
Larry-Sun!, please, as much as I doff my hat for your review, it's incomplete without 'House of Wax'.
Please, kindly see it and place the movie in the appropriate place in your review.

All these are great:
*Bride of Chuckky
*Exorcism of Emily Rose ( A must-watch for me every week. This movie, albeit it's being a true-life story screen adaptation, is just a Paranormal )
*The Collector ( The one with Denzel Washington )
*The Elm's Street
*The Exorcist
*The Red Dragon
*Wish

But they are child's play to 'House of Wax'

Again in my opinion like a poster earlier opined,House of Wax is more of a thriller than jump- out- your- seat- hunted dreams movie. It just deals with a group of disturbed people. But it's a real nice movie though. Cheers.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by aywhy93(m): 10:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
[size=14pt]The Scariest Movie Ever --> Wrong Turn - Left for Dead[/size]
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by revolt(m): 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
OK I'll definitely go and get mama and the conjuring. the ring, the grudge, paranormal activity part1, the ring,the ring,the ring, the ting oooooooooo.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by aywhy93(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bebetter: [size=20pt]Top for 2013:

Mama
The Conjouring
The Possesion

The rest movies you guys are mentioning, are mere thrillers, try "the orphanage" u go fear fear! And had anyone not seen "Mama 2013"? Quote: two toddlers in a room, one taps the other sleeping, "Victoria! Victoria, wake up it's mama; then the darkness comes crawling in through the window" haha! Creepy as hell.

[/size]

I hate Mama, It doesn't make any sense... The beginning is interesting though, the father took his daughters to a house in order to kill them and also kill himself cuz he is fed up of his life but Mama rescued the Lil girls... the horror Mama creeps on the wall... It comes out to play with the two girls and hide when someone is coming, the end was rubbish... The Horror Mama was looking for her Baby and later saw the skeleton of it. Its just Radarada film and I regretted wasting my time watching it, i deleted it immediately that day
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by revolt(m): 11:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
aywhy93:

I hate Mama, It doesn't make any sense... The beginning is interesting though, the father took his daughters to a house in order to kill them and also kill himself cuz he is fed up of his life but Mama rescued the Lil girls... the horror Mama creeps on the wall... It comes out to play with the two girls and hide when someone is coming, the end was rubbish... The Horror Mama was looking for her Baby and later saw the skeleton of it. Its just Radarada film and I regretted wasting my time watching it, i deleted it immediately that day
Mr rat, you don't have to narrate the entire movie for us. you Jes fckd it up for ppl like us tht wanted to go feast our eyes. blab
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Sexytemi(f): 6:15am On Dec 23, 2013
godson8701:
Residential evil? Last time I checked, it was resident evil
Tnx 4 d correction, and no tnx, cuz it ws a mistake, i ws abt 2 cum modify it wen i saw ur quote, everi1 makes a mistake, includin u mr perfect.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Sexytemi(f): 6:28am On Dec 23, 2013
Neckson:

hahahaha.WTF vampire diaries is not even 1% scary lol
I knw, bt it ws 4 me ooo, d way dey bring out deir teeth wen dey wanna suck blood, n d way dat wicked klaus ws killin people cuz he wnts dem 2 b hybrid jst lyk him, n d worst ws i always watch it @ nite, n dat ws wat gave mi d chills.
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by lepasharon(f): 6:39am On Dec 23, 2013
Sexytemi:
I knw, bt it ws 4 me ooo, d way dey bring out deir teeth wen dey wanna suck blood, n d way dat wicked klaus ws killin people cuz he wnts dem 2 b hybrid jst lyk him, n d worst ws i always watch it @ nite, n dat ws wat gave mi d chills.

Girlll stop right there ! im still in series two tongue...
Re: What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? by Sike(m): 6:43am On Dec 23, 2013
femi4: SAW 1-5
Gbam! Plus Silent Hill

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rachel Bakam Releases 'Land Of Opportunity', Her First Movie / House Of Ajebo And Area Videos, Which Do You Prefer / BBNaija: Peace Wins N250,000 In Eva Task

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.