Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,440 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. (7013 Views)

When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide / Atheists Err When Asking For Material Evidence To Prove God's Existence / Crucifixion Of Jesus In Err - Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Goshen360(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: this right here is the word bro... Let me just give you a verse.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. " (Matthew 5:19). << it is as simple as that. The law still stands bro. The sacrificial laws have been done with. But the modified moral laws are still intact.

1. Let's start this way, do you think God intended man to live by laws, rules, regulations and commandments?

2. Why was the law given and/or added?

3. Where does the bible called some laws moral and some sacrificial?

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: you are wronged. They kept the law. Do you even read the bible?.

Let me make it easy for you.

The disciples of Christ kept the law.
The apostles did not.

I hope you get why I used disciples and apostles differently?

2 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
haibe:

I have told you the law is established by operating in love.

You do err, works here have nothing to do with law but good deeds, read the preceding verses to understand the context.
The apostles did not support keeping the mosaic law, read Acts 15 which I quoted above

And what is this commandment?

A new commandment I give unto you , That ye love
one another; as I have loved you, that ye also
love one another.(John 13:34)

Also commandments are not necessarily mosaic laws, they could be spiritual instructions
you dont understand scriptures, thats the thing. What is love? Do you know what love is? Christ said the greatest law is love. The whiteman tells you love is an emotion, in the bible love is an action.

"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." (1 John 5:3). <<< the love of God is that we keep his laws. His laws aint grievous. Now you are saying Gods law is grievious.

You dont know what love is, love is keeping the laws.

If ye love me keep my commandments. Love is an action, has nothing to do with emotions, love thy neighbour as yourselves means, be nice to them, do what the law said you should do to your neigbour. The laws about the neigbour is in the old testament. How can you love your neigbour without keeping the laws? My guy, its either you hear or you forbear.

"(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." (Romans 2:13) .<< if you believe the laws are not necessary, you are not just before God. Its as simple as that.

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).<<< truth is the law, you are lying bro, thats why you wanna abolish the law.

"Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth." (Psalm 119:142).... Peace.

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." (Isaiah 8:20).<<< fulfilling prophecy smh.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Did I say love is emotion?? No, I don't know why you keep quoting me wrong

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore
love is the fulfilling of the law.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
Goshen360:

1. Let's start this way, do you think God intended man to live by laws, rules, regulations and commandments? i dont think, i know the purpose of man is to keep the commandment of God, thats the duty of a man..

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13).

2. Why was the law given and/or added? the law was giving from the beginning, its part of Gods plan. I dont quite understand your question

3. Where does the bible called some laws moral and some sacrificial?
guess you have not been following this thread. The point has been made, we will just keep going on and on and on saying same things over and over again.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
haibe:

Let me make it easy for you.

The disciples of Christ kept the law.
The apostles did not.

I hope you get why I used disciples and apostles differently?
bro, quote bible verses okay? You remember the story of fasting? When the Pharisees came asking why the disciples dont fast? That is the answer to your question. This has nothing to do with our conversation.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
@MEILIN I think your confusion arises because whenever you see law/commandment, you always assume its always the mosaic law.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
haibe: Did I say love is emotion?? No, I don't know why you keep quoting me wrong

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore
love is the fulfilling of the law.
you dont understand that verse. That verse supports me more than it supports you.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: bro, quote bible verses okay? You remember the story of fasting? When the Pharisees came asking why the disciples dont fast? That is the answer to your question. This has nothing to do with our conversation.

I answered a question..
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: you dont understand that verse. That verse supports me more than it supports you.

lol, am not arguing that bro, I only told you what love is about since you accused me wrongly that I said love is emotion.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
haibe: @MEILIN I think your confusion arises because whenever you see law/commandment, you always assume its the mosaic law.
What does law mean? What are you talking about? The bible carries the Law from Genesis to Revelation...

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
haibe:

lol, am not arguing that bro, I only told you what love is about since you accused me wrongly that I said love is emotion.
since love is keeping the laws, what love are you talking about again?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: bro, quote bible verses okay? You remember the story of fasting? When the Pharisees came asking why the disciples dont fast? That is the answer to your question. This has nothing to do with our conversation.

I didn't ask a question so which answer are you giving me

Okay do you keep all the app 613 laws of moses?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: What does law mean? What are you talking about? The bible carries the Law from Genesis to Revelation...

For now, let's stick to the mosaic laws okay? there are instructions in the bible profitable for us to follow
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: since love is keeping the laws, what love are you talking about again?

When you love God you keep his commandments.

His commandments for christians is not the law of moses but the law of the spirit of life in christ Jesus which centres on love.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Goshen360(m): 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
If we have to discuss this topic, we have to discuss as we have to listen to ourselves, not sticking to one sided

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Joagbaje(m): 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
We are no slaves to the law. But that doesn't nullify the principles of Gods kingdom in the law. The law contains principles which are foundation for Gods kindom . It's imbedded in our nature but the knowledge of right and wrong . The law reveals principles of right and wrong . If not there' will be no standard of rightness.

Romans 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law:for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
haibe:

When you love God you keep his commandments.

His commandments for christians is not the law of moses but the law of the spirit of life in christ Jesus which centres on love.
you are confusing yourself. Love is the Law, the law of christ is the law of moses magnified. Stop deceiving yourselves abeg. You hardly qoute scriptures. Just your own opinion.

"The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable." (Isaiah 42:21). that is what Christ did. Nothing like abolishing the law mehn.

How did he magnify the law? Its simple.

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. " (Matthew 5:27-28).

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: you are confusing yourself. Love is the Law, the law of christ is the law of moses magnified. Stop deceiving yourselves abeg. You hadrdly qoute scriptures. Just your own opinion.

Whatever I tell you is scriptural based, am not just in a position to quote scriptures every time, infact I shouldn't be on nairaland at all at the moment.

The law of moses is different from the law of christ, can you show me where the bible says the law of christ is the law of moses magnified? am waiting, let's know who is preaching his opinion.

King James Bible
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ
Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin
and death.

These are two different laws.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by kayuseful: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
MEILYN: you are confusing yourself. Love is the Law, the law of christ is the law of moses magnified. Stop deceiving yourselves abeg. You hardly qoute scriptures. Just your own opinion.

"The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable." (Isaiah 42:21). that is what Christ did. Nothing like abolishing the law mehn.
'the law of christ is the law of moses magnified.'
dat cant b true o, sinc Jesus hmsf said he came 2 FULFIL d law of moses, hw z he re-enacting what he finalisd by d sacrific of hmsf. Bibl says Christ is d END of d law. Eph2:15 says He abolishd d LAW OF COMANDMTS.. So wat else d u need 2 knw d law is over?
Are we 2 b lawless then? No! B4 d law came, didnt pple survive? Praise Christ 4eva more

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
kayuseful:
dat cant b true o, sinc Jesus hmsf said he came 2 FULFIL d law of moses, hw z he re-enacting what he finalisd by d sacrific of hmsf. Bibl says Christ is d END of d law. Eph2:15 says He abolishd d LAW OF COMANDMTS.. So wat else d u need 2 knw d law is over?
Are we 2 b lawless then? No! B4 d law came, didnt pple survive? Praise Christ 4eva more
.... Yea, keep deceiving yourself. So you mean the scripture is lying? Smh. The scripture says Christ will come and magnify the law, and you said its a lie. U cherry pick scriptures to justify your lawlessness. Na u sabi
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by kayuseful: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
Alryt. If i get d point of d threadr wel, he z saying, dia r 2 knds of law: sacrificia n moral. N dat Christ only stopd sacrifices bt nt moral laws. Gud reasoning sir!
Yes, all our Grace models in bible were all morally uprigt; they dont toil wt sin; they wer on fire wt holinez: n ds must b d lifestyl of al dat profes xtians. "they wch av BELIEVD in God myt b carefu 2 maintain GOOD WORKS" (Tit3:cool so teaches Paul.
Howeva, d line must b drawn: MORAL UPRIGHTNES IS NEVA A CRITERION 4 JUSTFCATN B4 GOD. (Gal3:11, Rom3:20).
U need 2 undrstnd ther ar 2 ways of gainin God's favor: 1. By keepng d law, 2. By faith in Christ. D 4mr z wat u av intelligently xpoundd, wher u must obey evry detail of d law b4 u r justifyd. Dats wat Paul was talkn of wen he sed only d DOERS OF D LAW ar just b4 God, bcoz dia ryteoznez z of d law. Dats wat dat Deut6 u cited z also sayin. 'it sha b OUR RYTEOZNEZ..' Ds knd z wat evry law-keepr vies 4.
For moses describes d Ryteoznez of d LAW dat d man wch does dem sha liv by them (rom10:6).
Bt 2day, we dat beliv must do away wt d ryteoznz wch coms by keepng d law un2 d 2nd knd wch z by faith in Christ. 'and b found in hm NOT HAVNG MYN OWN RYTEOZNEZ WCH Z OF D LAW, bt dat wch z tru d f8 of Christ' said paul (phil3:9)
so, whethr its sacrificia or moral, we ALL MUST nt trust in any gud we av done 2 b aceptd by God coz only f8 pleases God!
No born again shd av problm wt livng morally in as much as it is d fruit of our indwelln Spirit (Gal5:22). Bt sir, there exist no such legalisatn z keep morals. U quoted 4rm John sayng we shd kp God's comandmt? Lets ask John wat h means by comandmt: "n watsoeva we ask we rcev of hm bcoz we keep hs comandmts n do thos tnz dat ar pleasn in hs sight. N THIS IS HIS COMANDMT, DAT WE SHD BELIV ON D NAME OF HS SON JESUS CHRIST, n lov 1 anothr" 1jn3:22-23!
I must save my ba3 here... Leme knw ur questns

2 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
haibe:

Whatever I tell you is scriptural based, am not just in a position to quote scriptures every time, infact I shouldn't be on nairaland at all at the moment.

The law of moses is different from the law of christ, can you show me where the bible says the law of christ is the law of moses magnified? am waiting, let's know who is preaching his opinion.

King James Bible
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ
Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin
and death.

These are two different laws.

okay, but you believe we are still under a law right? According to you, the law of christ. Okay now, case closed. We are still under the law.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Royll: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
My dear friends, we as gentiles are under neither as God made a covenant with only one nation of people. Those people are the ones that God gave his Law and Commands to and they all agreed to do as God said. They were the people of Israel who we call the Jews.

We as Gentiles worship God. In the eyes of God we are considered pagans as none of us know him.

Also every since the destruction of Jerusalem God's covenant people have been under the vengeance of God by Him placing them in the age of the Gentiles, which for us is the Gentile Church.
--------

King James Bible.
[We as Gentiles are not included in the first covenant.]

Exo 19:1-8 In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai. For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount. And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him. And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

1Th 4:1-5 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.

For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
----------------
[ Same scripture but for better understanding, Internatinal Standard Version.]

1Th 4:1 Therefore, brothers, just as you learned from us how you had to live in order to please God, and just as you are living this way now, we ask you — indeed, united with the Lord Jesus, we urge you — to keep doing so more and more. For you know what instructions we gave you on the authority of the Lord Jesus.

What God wants is that you be holy, that you keep away from sexual immorality, that each of you know how to manage his sexual impulses in a holy and honorable manner, without giving in to lustful desires, like the pagans who don't know God.

-----------------
[God's covenant people have been under God's vengeance every since the destruction of Jerusalem. The first Church was started by the ones that destroyed Jerusalem.]

(The part of scripture below is God come to earth as a human being by the name of Jesus, warning his followers.)

King James Bible:

Luk 21:20-24 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
---------------
[Better understanding fom the International Standard Version.]

Luk 21:20-24 "When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then understand that its devastation is approaching. Then those in Judea must flee to the mountains, those inside the city must leave it, and those in the countryside must not go into it, because these are the days of vengeance when all that is written will be fulfilled. "How terrible it will be for those women who are pregnant or who are nursing babies in those days! Because there will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the edge of the sword and be carried off as captives among all the nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the gentiles until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled."
-----------------------
[What you haven't been told is that Jesus is God come to earth as a human being to save his people who were the Jews back during that time in age.]

Mat 1:21-23 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
---------------------
King James Bible:

Mat 1:18-25 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
--------------------------
Better Understanding from the International Version.

Mat 1:21-23 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, because he is the one who will save his people from their sins." Now all this happened to fulfill what was declared by the Lord through the prophet when he said, "See, a virgin will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and they will name him Immanuel," which means, "God with us."

Mat 1:18-25 Now the birth of Jesus the Messiah happened in this way. When his mother Mary was engaged to Joseph, before they lived together she was discovered to be pregnant by the Holy Spirit. Her husband Joseph, being a righteous man and unwilling to disgrace her, decided to divorce her secretly. After he had thought about it, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. "Joseph, son of David," he said, "don't be afraid to take Mary as your wife, because what has been conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, because he is the one who will save his people from their sins." Now all this happened to fulfill what was declared by the Lord through the prophet when he said, "See, a virgin will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and they will name him Immanuel," which means, "God with us."

When Joseph got up from his sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary as his wife. He did not have marital relations with her until she had given birth to a son; and he named him Jesus.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
@Royll, i read the first paragraph of your post, then i shook my head, thought to myself. 'this one no know who Israel be'. Guy no need to read your full post because you erred from the beginning. But you were right when you said the laws and covenant is for Israel.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 22, 2013
kayuseful:
dat cant b true o, sinc Jesus hmsf said he came 2 FULFIL d law of moses,
Follow the thread carefully the Op did answer your query, what Jesus came to fulfill was actually the sacrificial law.The moral laws are the very nature of God, they are eternal.they do not change cos God doesn't change.He said so through peter, be ye Holy for I am Holy(1 pet 1:13-16). Or why do you think He was conversing with Moses and Elijah on the mount of transfiguration? Moses represent the Law while Elijah represent the Prophets.So he fulfilled the sacrificial laws of Moses, the book of Hebrews was clear on that and He fulfilled what the prophets wrote about Him,His coming.
hw z he re-enacting what he finalisd by d sacrific of hmsf. Bibl says Christ is d END of d law.
Yes end of sacrificial laws.
Eph2:15 says He abolishd d LAW OF COMANDMTS.. So wat else d u need 2 knw d law is over?
You err not knowing scriptures..That scripture says it's commands set in the form of ordinances..God's 10 commands has no ordinances except the levitical sacrifices...so it might look like Paul is advocating the abolishing of the law here but that is not true or else he wouldn't have talk about upholding the law in romans 3:31..scripture don't contradict scripture.
[size=16pt]Are we 2 b lawless then?[/size] No! B4 d law came, didnt pple survive? Praise Christ 4eva more
Even you yourself quoted that we should not be lawless,so what is to guide our code and conduct as believers? certainly the bible, if not people would be doing all sort of rubbish all in the name of The Holy Spirit, people have already started advocating for premarital sex, masturbation, gay marriages etc all in the name that it is not found in the NT and is therefore not a sin,some will even be bold to tell you it is the Holy Spirit that instruct them to do such.

As for laws..God gave Adam the first law he broke it and died spiritualy, animals were killed by God and used to cover their unclothedness, that was the shadow of what is to come, you can see it replayed in Moses era and it climaxed as Jesus came as the ultimate sacrifice for humanity. Don't fool yourself..God always wants to be OBEYED.

2 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 5:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: You err not knowing scriptures..That scripture says it's commands set in the form of ordinances..God's 10 commands has no ordinances except the levitical sacrifices...so it might look like Paul is advocating the abolishing of the law here but that is not true or else he wouldn't have talk about upholding the law in romans 3:31..scripture don't contradict scripture.

Since we are under the 10 commandments, do you keep the sabbath?

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 6:07am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: Follow the thread carefully the Op did answer your query, what Jesus came to fulfill was actually the sacrificial law.The moral laws are the very nature of God, they are eternal.they do not change cos God doesn't change.He said so through peter, be ye Holy for I am Holy(1 pet 1:13-16). Or why do you think He was conversing with Moses and Elijah on the mount of transfiguration? Moses represent the Law while Elijah represent the Prophets.So he fulfilled the sacrificial laws of Moses, the book of Hebrews was clear on that and He fulfilled what the prophets wrote about Him,His coming. Yes end of sacrificial laws. .

Mr man if Jesus only fulfilled the sacrificial law and not all, then you are infact still under the sacrificial laws.

Matthew 5:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 For verily I say unto you, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass
from the law, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.

If you can read carefully, there are two conditions for the law to pass away without which one jot(including sacrificial) will not pass away.

1) TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY: This has not happened and so this condition has not been met which means the law can't pass away on the basis od this.

2) TILL ALL BE FULFILLED: This is the second condition for the law to pass away, "till ALL(not just sacrificial) be fulfilled.

Now the law can pass away because this condition has been met, Christ fulfilled ALL.

If you say Christ did not fulfil all but only sacrificial laws, then it means none of the conditions necessary for the law passing away has been met, it also means one jot(whether sacrificial or moral) won't pass away and so you should still be under the sacrificial laws too.

So it's either you are under the whole law or not under any at all.

Note that in fact Christ used the law as a whole and not like the way present day theologians divide them into moral, sacrificial and judgemental laws, Christ spoke of the law as a whole. If all is not fulfilled, then not one jot will pass away, neither sacrificial nor moral law will pass away but if all is fulfilled(moral sacrificial, judgemental), then they can all pass away and then we begin to be led by the Holy Spirit and no longer under a school master, or a written law.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

Since we are under the 10 commandments, do you keep the sabbath?
Straw man..i never did say we are under the 10 commandments. As for sabbath God himself instituted rest, it is a variable never a constant,any day of the week can be your restday.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 6:31am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam:
Even you yourself quoted that we should not be lawless,so what is to guide our code and conduct as believers? certainly the bible, if not people would be doing all sort of rubbish all in the name of The Holy Spirit, people have already started advocating for premarital sex, masturbation, gay marriages etc all in the name that it is not found in the NT and is therefore not a sin,some will even be bold to tell you it is the Holy Spirit that instruct them to do such.

As for laws..God gave Adam the first law he broke it and died spiritualy, animals were killed by God and used to cover their unclothedness, that was the shadow of what is to come, you can see it replayed in Moses era and it climaxed as Jesus came as the ultimate sacrifice for humanity. Don't fool yourself..God always wants to be OBEYED.

YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES, before the law of moses came, how did people obey God and do what is right? you think only a written document can guide our way of life when God is always with us? SMH at this level of ignorance.

About adam and Eve, God gave them commandments/instructions without any written law, so why can't God still operate with this process using His Holy Spirit? I guess you are just ignorant.

leave those who are advocating for same sex marriage out of this, they are only deceiving themselves lieing on the Holy Spirit, people can always deceive themselves even if they were following all the 613 laws. So don't judge christians as a whole on the basis of some sects who lie on the Holy Spirit, be logical in your assertions.

Yes, God wants to be obeyed and that's why he expects us to follow his leadings by his Holy Spirit, he doesn't want us to be guided by written laws anymore when he is closest to us, infact saying we are still bound by written laws at this dispensation of the Holy Spirit is as good as relegating the Holy Spirit behind. Those who the laws were given too did not have the Holy spirit like we christians do have today, and so it was a good idea to lead them by written laws.

But never was the law written to Christians but the jews, christians are to operate in liberty of the Holy spirit and not in bondage to the law, yes the Holy spirit is liberty while the law is bondage, if you are led by the Holy spirit you are of the freewoman and not under the law, the bond woman.

I do not know how else you want to twist scriptures but the bible makes it clear that we are not to be led by the law but the Holy spirit.

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit ,
you are NOT UNDER THE LAW.

You can do a bible study yourself here:

Galatians 4:23-31

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born
after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by
promise. 24 Which things are an allegory : for
these are the two covenants; the one from the
mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is
Agar. 25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia,
and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in
bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem
which is above is free, which is the mother of us
all. 27 For it is written , Rejoice , thou barren
that bearest not; break forth and cry , thou that
travailest not: for the desolate hath many more
children than she which hath an husband. 28 Now
we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of
promise. 29 But as then he that was born after
the flesh persecuted him that was born after the
Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what
saith the scripture? CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be
heir with the son of the freewoman. 31 So then,
brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman,
but of the free.

We(christians) are not of the bondwoman, the law

Do not deceive yourself, you are either under the old covenant or the new covenant, nothing like old wine in new bottle. Sinai is null, we only establish what was given in sinai by love through the holy spirit.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 6:36am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: Straw man..i never did say we are under the 10 commandments. As for sabbath God himself instituted rest, it is a variable never a constant,any day of the week can be your restday.

Nah the sabbath is the 7th day of the week, if you are a law keeper, you must observe your sabbath on that 7th day which God rested but for Christians I agree with the above.

Even if you pretend as a law keeper not to observe sabath on Saturday but other days, you must have to prove to me that you do not work at all, maybe during the weekdays
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 22, 2013
Nice job meilyn kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dealing With Lucifarian Night Farmers By Dr. Olukoya - Written Sermon / Behold one of World's largest 100,000 Capacity Church Of Living Faith Church / Why Do You Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.