Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,697 members, 7,837,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. (7007 Views)

When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide / Atheists Err When Asking For Material Evidence To Prove God's Existence / Crucifixion Of Jesus In Err - Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 11:46am On Dec 23, 2013
Goshen360:

Now, I can see you don't understand Grace neither do you understand the law you advocate. None of them you understand. You are not ready for discussion hence, you just ranting and say people don't understand this\that. You that understand it, explain; you can't even explain but scriptures quoting out of context here and there. If you're going to discuss with yourself, fine but if you want to discuss with others, let line be upon line and precept upon precept and let us follow the discussion in a straight manner.

ok now, let other people judge. cheesy. I have told you what grace is, i have also told you why grace came. The rest is your problem. You can leave now okay?. Bye bye
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Goshen360(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: ok now, let other people judge. cheesy. I have told you what grace is, i have also told you why grace came. The rest is your problem. You can leave now okay?. Bye bye

You are rude!
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 11:58am On Dec 23, 2013
Goshen360:

You are rude!
2 CORINTHIANS 11 VS 6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things<<< Paul was rude, its only a lier that talks with sweet words bro. I aint doing that.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Goshen360(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: 2 CORINTHIANS 11 VS 6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things<<< Paul was rude, its only a lier that talks with sweet words bro. I aint doing that.

Being rude in SPEECH is not same as rude in ATTITUDES, you rude in both.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Goshen360:

Being rude in SPEECH is not same as rude in ATTITUDES, you rude in both.
what does speech and what does attitude mean?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by kayuseful: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
good job meilyn.
nw listn evry1, i tnk i got the point of meiln. Yes, there are scrptures dat say Christ came to fulfil/end the law, n dats true. but that certainly does not mean that God who had said "thou shal nt lie", is now sayin "dont worry about lie,help ursef". God who had in the law said "thou shal not commit adultery" now cancelled d law n say "you can now eye shocked ur neigbor's wife or snatch ur friend's fiancee".definitely not! but its clear to every1 He does not delight in sacrfce n offerings as in Hebrews 10 he cited.

but he perhaps dnt get his method of communicatn perfect. NEVER SAY GOD DESTROYED ONLY A PART OF THE LAW, my bro, because it isnt true. wait lemme show u from scrptures, i know u like bble-based answers.

there is only a portion of the scriptures u had to support that one law iis sacrficial n some, moral. those chapters8,9,10 n Hebrews talked of the sacrifices don in the law just as an INSTANCE of the whole body of law that went to conclusion, to pave way into the liiberty of sonship today. leme show u this..

the author began to speak of Jesus "consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus" Heb 3:1.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore [it is] of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
this is why the writer began a series on sacrifces offered by the law for sin.because he wanted to show us the contrast btwn the law and Grace thru Christ in respect of how the two offer for sin, n he was able to grab a scripture where it was said Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and [sacrifices] for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

he sure didnt quote this verses to EXPLAIN that it was ONLY SACRIFICES that were done away with. He quoted all that to explain the Priesthood of Jesus and his new n living method of sacrificing for sins, contrasting Law and Grace brot by Him.

Now lets see other scrptures that ESTABLISH that MORAL LAWS were as well done away with (even though there's still no license for sin) GRACE ISNT THAT YOU ARE NOW FREE TO SIN, BUT THAT YOU ARE NOW FREED FROM SIN Do not err, my brethren.

For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
(Romans 10:4 KJV)
<<<nowhere in this context did he talk about sacrifices

For Christ has brought the Law to an end, so that everyone who believes is put right with God.
(Romans 10:4 GNB)

But Christ makes the Law no longer necessary for those who become acceptable to God by faith.
(Romans 10:4 CEV)
<<<<< there is no mention of sacrifices here, iis any?

He brought an end to the commandments and demands found in Moses' Teachings (Ephesians 2:15 GW)<<<<whereas moses teachings are more than just sacrifices

He abolished the Jewish Law with its commandments and rules (Ephesians 2:15 GNB)<<< Des this speak only of sacrifces when he says comndmnts n rules?

to destroy the Law of Moses with all its rules and commands. (Ephesians 2:15 CEV)

So, then, if with Christ you've put all that pretentious and infantile religion behind you, why do you let yourselves be bullied by it? "Don't touch this! Don't taste that! Don't go near this!" Do you think things that are here today and gone tomorrow are worth that kind of attention?
(Colossians 2:20-22 MSG)

the questn that mat arise now is: HOW DO WE KNOW IF WHAT WE DO IS RYT OR WRONG since there is no law again?
Of course there is the N.T. Law:

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(1 John 3:22-23 KJV)

anytime you see commandment of God in the N.T., it is talking about faith in Christ and love, not 613 or 10 commandments (as it were).

The people asked Jesus, "What does God want us to do?" Jesus replied to them, "God wants to do something for you so that you believe in the one whom he has sent." (John 6:28-29 GW)

so moral laws aren't "laws" in the sense of it being the extension or magnification of the Mosaic. Love is a NEW COMMANDMENT (Jn 13:34).

in concluson, Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, ALL THINGS are become new.
(2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV)
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: Now let me explain this verse Goshen and His folks are misquoting.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" (Ephesians 2:8 ).<<when we transgress the Law, it is by faith in Christ we are saved and not of ourselves, meaning we cant save ourselves with Sacrifices anymore, but with faith in Christ we are saved.

Now what do you think grace is? Let me give you an example.

When we were young, still in school, anytime we break the laws, there is a punishment attached to each law. When you break the law, your teacher will come and tell you to fetch water or something. Now someone comes and says, anytime you break the law, you dont have to fetch water anymore, he will start fetching the water for you, only if you are not a hypocrite, only if you will tell him what you have done, confess with your mouth, and start keeping the laws without breaking it on purpose. That is grace, when you keep the laws, anytime you break it, you dont have to fetch water anymore[works of the law], you just have to admit what you did and repent from it. Salvation is no longer of ourselves but by faith. Simple.

This is what you peeps dont understand.

Going by your analogy, we as Christians should study the Torah and be guided by its dos and don'ts. We should also check that we don't break any of it and if we do, we should quickly beg for forgiveness. Right?

Please give your definition of GRACE.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
kayuseful:

I'm sorry i assumed that English is simple. 'll rewrite that again for you in KJV
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
or even in your GWT, He is not saying we should return to the law of moses to try to keep it because that will contradict all he has been saying since the beginin of the chapter. He is saying, by the way of faith, we ESTABLISH the law. that is, faith=law established. many have twisted that verse to be saying this: "SHOULD we then cancel the law becos of faith?". but this is what it says: "DO (not should) we then make void (that is nullify the purpose, essence and aim of) the law through (by the means of) faith? God forbid (or certainly not, as used in NKJV), yea, we establish the law"
That iis, the very essence of the law is fulfilled when a man turns to Christ, for "Christ is the fulfillment of Moses' Teachings so that everyone who has faith may receive God's approval." (Romans 10:4 Gods Word Translatn).
When you believed in Christ, you didn't (not shouldnt) render the law null and void, rather, you uphold, establish, the law.
Nope, just like you the pharisees were reading the letters of Moses not the spirit behind the letters, funny you are also reading the letters of Paul here with ink. God gave the commandments to Moses, Moses did not manufacture it with his brain..lemme quote everything in context.

Romans 3:28-31

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

28 We conclude that a person has God’s approval by faith, not by his own efforts.

Even The patriarchs of old had God's approval by faith with the same mosaic law you guys are kicking here. e.g. Moses,Rahab, Gideon,barak,Samson,Jephthah, David, Samuel and the prophets( Heb 11:31-32). So you can see the error of your folly if you come here to tell us the LAW(Torah) was abolished.Where did Jesus or Paul tell you that one . Do you realize the law and the prophets are the foundation of your Christianity? Without it there is nothing like Christianity. Israel practiced legalistic righteous that IS NOT OF FAITH, That is what Paul was saying, the LAW cannot save us only God can.

29 Is God only the God of the Jews? Isn’t he also the God of people who are not Jewish Certainly, he is,
You can see Paul emphasizing here to proponent of the two gospel heresy like shedemidemi... That the same God of the Jews is the same God of the gentiles.We have one Gospel that was passed down through the ages from fathers like Abraham, Moses, David and co.

Paul is saying here that he is not preaching a different message from Jesus. He is preaching the same gospel that peter , James and John Preached and that is the Gospel of the Kingdom.

since it is the same God who approves circumcised people by faith and uncircumcised people through this same faith.
It is the same God that approves the Jews by faith, it is also the same God that approves the gentile by Faith, not two different Gods.

31 Are we abolishing the laws in the Scriptures by this faith? That’s unthinkable! Rather, we are supporting these laws.
Paul says here that are we to abolish the laws in scriptures because of our faith..God punish devil..we go support am.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
^^^^

@Bidam and Meilyn

What is the essence of keeping the law of Moses in its entirety?

A) for salvation

B) because we love God

C) it seem morally right to do
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

Going by your analogy, we as Christians should study the Torah and be guided by its dos and don'ts. We should also check that we don't break any of it and if we do, we should quickly beg for forgiveness. Right?

Please give your definition of GRACE.
see, something you should know is there is nothing like Christianity being a religion or stuffs like that. Christianity simply means followers of Christ, leave that religion shit to the gentiles. Oga as a Yoruba boy you are an Israelite. You dont get the point smh.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ok, I get your drift that I am an Israelite. I think I heard that from jesusislord on this forum. It will be interesting to know if bidam share the same belief as yours.

You didn't seem to answer the question I asked earlier though.

Should we be guided by the Torah even as Christians?

It would interest me to know your definition of GRACE.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Kay, other translations are getting you confused... That Ephesians 2:15 is saying something else, that translation is wrong.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;" (Ephesians 2:15).<<< what does ordinances mean? Chaii, i dont wanna explain this, but that translation is wrong, this verse is saying something else entirely. You dont understand scriptures oo.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
shdemidemi: Ok, I get your drift that I am an Israelite. I think I heard that from jesusislord on this forum. It will be interesting to know if bidam shares the same belief as yours.

You didn't seem to answer the question I asked earlier though.

Should we be guided by the Torah even as Christians?

It would interest me to know your definition of GRACE.
i may sound like an Illiterate but i dont follow no Torah, i follow the bible laws...

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies," (Galatians 5:19-20).
"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:21).
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith," (Galatians 5:22).
"Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (Galatians 5:23)...
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: i may sound like an Illiterate but i dont follow no Torah, i follow the bible laws...

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies," (Galatians 5:19-20).
"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:21).
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith," (Galatians 5:22).
"Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (Galatians 5:23)...

I don't understand what you wrote there bro, what do you mean by bible laws?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by kayuseful: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: @Kay, other translations are getting you confused... That Ephesians 2:15 is saying something else, that translation is wrong.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;" (Ephesians 2:15).<<< what does ordinances mean? Chaii, i dont wanna explain this, but that translation is wrong, this verse is saying something else entirely. You dont understand scriptures oo.

i'm fed up with this people o, bcosthe version dnt seem to favour u, u called them wrong, not just one version,, not two, many versions said one thng! Even kjv says LAWS OF COMMANDMENTS that are in ORDINACES. 3 words that are synonymns of LAW used by kjv. where else can jews n gentiles b reconciled when there is law? SO Christ had to abolished that whole system of law to make in himself a new creation where there is neither circumcision nor uncircumcision, but Christ is all and in all.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by kayuseful: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Bidam:
31 Are we abolishing the laws in the Scriptures by this faith? That’s unthinkable! Rather, we are supporting these laws.
Paul says here that are we to abolish the laws in scriptures because of our faith..God punish devil..we go support am.

isnt it clear from this text that ts saying, a man of faith is the man that fulfilled the law?

because the law is supposed to be our schoolmaster unto faith of Christ.
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
(Galatians 3:24 KJV)
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
kayuseful:

i'm fed up with this people o, bcosthe version dnt seem to favour u, u called them wrong, not just one version,, not two, many versions said one thng! Even kjv says LAWS OF COMMANDMENTS that are in ORDINACES. 3 words that are synonymns of LAW used by kjv. where else can jews n gentiles b reconciled when there is law? SO Christ had to abolished that whole system of law to make in himself a new creation where there is neither circumcision nor uncircumcision, but Christ is all and in all.
what is the meaning of ordinances. Thats my question. Forget the translation part.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by kayuseful: 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
brothers lsten

look at it ths way. the law was given as if to help men who were under the yoke of sin to as it were, please God. the law is good, holy n just, but it succeeded in makng sin abundant. "for by the law is the knowledg of sin". it made sin revived. the law was in summary a failure because men to whom it came were "carnal" and "sold under sin". (Now there is no mention of sacrificial law here. study the full Romans 7, n know it is infact more of moral laws "I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."(Romans 7:7 KJV) this is one example to tell u it s nothing about sacrifices as u have always claimed)

chapter 8 of Romans therefore says For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:3-4 KJV)

it s saying what the law ought to do in which it failed, Jesus came n did it successfully so that the rightoeusness the law wanted to achieve is fulfilled in us. So Jesus is the replacement of the law. so that today, a man who believes in Jesus is ALREADY righteous by the same. he is SANTIFYD by the same Jesus! all without the law!

2 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
^^^^^ 1 0000000000000 likes
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by kayuseful: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
the bible sayys what the law served unto was to be our schoolmaster unto Christ. Now Christ has come, what are u doing undr the law?

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
(Galatians 3:24-25 KJV)

Before Christ came, Moses' laws served as our guardian. Christ came so that we could receive God's approval by faith. But now that this faith has come, we are no longer under the control of a guardian.
(Galatians 3:24-25 GW)

hello, does this guardian of moses' law speak of sacrificial laws? Hmm. there is faith today n faith is the fulfilment of the law (because it leads u to Christ. after u get to Christ, u are sad to hav establshed/fulfilled the law)
i have not made void the law as a believer who refused the codes of Moses. when u search n study the law n prophets, it is that you should come to the fath of Christ! because Christ is what moses n all prophets point to.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
(John 5:39-40 KJV)

Jesus says, the scriptures [the law n prophets] offer no eternal life, but when you realise everrrything in it poiints to "bring us unto Christ" nu follow it unto Christ, that is ETERNAL LIFE! believe the gospel friend! THE LAW IS DONE FOREVER FOR THE MAN IN CHRIST!
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
kayuseful: the bible sayys what the law served unto was to be our schoolmaster unto Christ. Now Christ has come, what are u doing undr the law?

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
(Galatians 3:24-25 KJV)

Before Christ came, Moses' laws served as our guardian. Christ came so that we could receive God's approval by faith. But now that this faith has come, we are no longer under the control of a guardian.
(Galatians 3:24-25 GW)

hello, does this guardian of moses' law speak of sacrificial laws? Hmm. there is faith today n faith is the fulfilment of the law (because it leads u to Christ. after u get to Christ, u are sad to hav establshed/fulfilled the law)
i have not made void the law as a believer who refused the codes of Moses. when u search n study the law n prophets, it is that you should come to the fath of Christ! because Christ is what moses n all prophets point to.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
(John 5:39-40 KJV)

Jesus says, the scriptures [the law n prophets] offer no eternal life, but when you realise everrrything in it poiints to "bring us unto Christ" nu follow it unto Christ, that is ETERNAL LIFE! believe the gospel friend! THE LAW IS DONE FOREVER FOR THE MAN IN CHRIST!
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

1 million likes..
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by kayuseful: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
I don't turn my back on God's undeserved kindness. If we can be acceptable to God by obeying the Law, it was useless for Christ to die.
(Galatians 2:21 CEV)

I am not going to go back on that. Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.
(Galatians 2:21 MSG)

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
The question is would God have taken the trouble to make another righteousness if we could 
have make one of our own?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: you are crazy, u know why i saaid so? Because you are ignorant, you are also a lier. Now i can show you where christ said sacrificial laws should be stopped. Now show me where christ said the moral laws should be stoped. If you cant show me, then remain silent for ever. And you dont understand that verse.

The law is the law, live one, and be condemned. James 2:10. You are the one that divided it into moral and sacrificial. the scriptures didnt. So, you should be the one to tell me where the scriptures made the division. You have to prove your claimed division from scripture. If you cant, keep mum with your sophistry.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: 2 CORINTHIANS 11 VS 6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things<<< Paul was rude, its only a lier that talks with sweet words bro. I aint doing that.

Wrong translation. that word shouldn't be translated rude, but unskilled. That agrees with the sense of the greek word. learn to study texts instead of accepting any thing that issues from translations of the bible. see also in NASB, ESV, NLT.

So, you ve failed there, try another eisegesis.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 24, 2013
kayuseful: brothers lsten

look at it ths way. the law was given as if to help men who were under the yoke of sin to as it were, please God. the law is good, holy n just, but it succeeded in makng sin abundant. "for by the law is the knowledg of sin". it made sin revived. the law was in summary a failure because men to whom it came were "carnal" and "sold under sin". (Now there is no mention of sacrificial law here. study the full Romans 7, n know it is infact more of moral laws "I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."(Romans 7:7 KJV) this is one example to tell u it s nothing about sacrifices as u have always claimed)

chapter 8 of Romans therefore says For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:3-4 KJV)

it s saying what the law ought to do in which it failed, Jesus came n did it successfully so that the rightoeusness the law wanted to achieve is fulfilled in us. So Jesus is the replacement of the law. so that today, a man who believes in Jesus is ALREADY righteous by the same. he is SANTIFYD by the same Jesus! all without the law!

Wonderful point there!!!

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
JMAN05:

Wrong translation. that word shouldn't be translated rude, but unskilled. That agrees with the sense of the greek word. learn to study texts instead of accepting any thing that issues from translations of the bible. see also in NASB, ESV, NLT.

So, you ve failed there, try another eisegesis.
yea, thats how evil people do. They goto the greek or the hebrew when their points are not making sense...

King James only, no other translation is worth it. No wonder you are confused. You always read fake and changed bibles. Smh.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
MEILYN: yea, thats how evil people do. They goto the greek or the hebrew when their points are not making sense...

King James only, no other translation is worth it. No wonder you are confused. You always read fake and changed bibles. Smh.

when you grow up for mature discussion, you will learn to go the original language. Till then, keep coming up.

2 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Princewell2012(m): 3:19am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: grin, now you dont understand these things bro, you know why? Because you are getting things mixed up. Hebrew clearified the statement of Christ, the death of Christ fulfilled something, what did it fulfil? the Sacrificial laws, thats what Hebrews is telling you, Christ sacrificed himself in place of goats etc. That is the fulfilment of that law, I will explain why.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. " (Matthew 5:17). <<< what did Christ fulfil?, he didnt fulfil all laws, he only fulfiled a particular law, thats what the verse 17 and 18 is saying.

"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. " (Luke 24:44). << saying same thing, He came to fulfil the sacrificial laws by sacrificing himself. Lets go further.

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. " (Matthew 5:18). << this is a different statement entirely, all has not been fulfilled until the second coming when the laws shall be written in our inward part, there will be nothing like sin anymore, the verse 17 says he came to fulfill the law, which means his coming has fulfilled a particurlar law. The verse 18 says the law shall not pass until heaven and earth pass away and all be fulfilled, all has not been fulfilled yet, so which law do you think Christ came to fulfil?. Dont you see those verses are talking about different laws? The verse 19 is talking about the moral laws, it explains it all.
thanks so much for your insight, i have realy achieve alot here. But this the revelation i got while reading ur post. Now jesus fulfil the sacrificial law when he died on the crooss while he fulfil the moral law when he send HolyGhost on the earth. Therefore all the law has been fulfil. Now how does he fulfil moral law with Holyghost? When a man receive Holyghost into his life, the Holyghost will began to direct him, insruct and to correct, and to give him the mind of God. Which means the comforter will be his teacher, hencefort all the laws has been completed.

2 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 7:53am On Dec 25, 2013
Princewell2012: thanks so much for your insight, i have realy achieve alot here. But this the revelation i got while reading ur post. Now jesus fulfil the sacrificial law when he died on the crooss while he fulfil the moral law when he send HolyGhost on the earth. Therefore all the law has been fulfil. Now how does he fulfil moral law with Holyghost? When a man receive Holyghost into his life, the Holyghost will began to direct him, insruct and to correct, and to give him the mind of God. Which means the comforter will be his teacher, hencefort all the laws has been completed.
Am glad you gained alot. Now I never said anything like that. Christ said the law still stands till all will be fulfilled, all written in the bible about Christ. Right now all has not been fulfilled, Christ has not come the second time. And am also saying the death of Christ was to fulfil the sacrificial laws, had nothing to do with moral laws. Christ said it himself that the sacrificial laws should be stopped, but never did Christ say the moral laws should be stopped, instead he said until all be fulfilled the laws still stand.

I took my time to explain that Mathew 5:17-18.

Concerning the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost just continued from where Christ stopped, teach the laws, what are the laws? The bible, simple as that, the Holy Ghost isnt fulfilling the laws, it is teaching the laws.

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance ,whatsoever I have said unto you.
<<<what did Christ teach the people? The Law, Christ taught the Law, the Holy spirit continues from there.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:18am On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:
My brother if the second covenant starts at christ second coming, then yoi are yet in your sins. no 2 ways about it

If it is english that is your problem, a testament is synonymous with a covenant
how the hell did i miss this? I didnt see this your post. Can you prove a covenant and a testament are the same things?

And again i want you to tell me if this has come to pass.

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." (Hebrews 8:11). this hasnt happened or has it?<<< this verse is from the old testament. Talking about the second coming, end time. And not the death of Christ. My guy how do you read the bible? Christians will not kill me.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 8:39am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: Am glad you gained alot. Now I never said anything like that. Christ said the law still stands till all will be fulfilled, all written in the bible about Christ. Right now all has not been fulfilled, Christ has not come the second time. And am also saying the death of Christ was to fulfil the sacrificial laws, had nothing to do with moral laws. Christ said it himself that the sacrificial laws should be stopped, but never did Christ say the moral laws should be stopped, instead he said until all be fulfilled the laws still stand.

I took my time to explain that Mathew 5:17-18.

Concerning the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost just continued from where Christ stopped, teach the laws, what are the laws? The bible, simple as that, the Holy Ghost isnt fulfilling the laws, it is teaching the laws.

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance ,whatsoever I have said unto you.
<<<what did Christ teach the people? The Law, Christ taught the Law, the Holy spirit continues from there.

When did Jesus teach you the law?

Why do you think the experts of the law that is, scribes and pharisees detest Jesus?

Why infer that the Holy Spirit is coming to teach the law (law of Moses), where did you get that from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Found Myself Asking God For Forgiveness Daily / How Can I Read The Bible Well? / Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.