Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,462 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. (7014 Views)

When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide / Atheists Err When Asking For Material Evidence To Prove God's Existence / Crucifixion Of Jesus In Err - Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

Mr man if Jesus only fulfilled the sacrificial law and not all, then you are infact still under the sacrificial laws.

Matthew 5:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 For verily I say unto you, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass
from the law, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.

If you can read carefully, there are two conditions for the law to pass away without which one jot(including sacrificial) will not pass away.

1) TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY: This has not happened and so this condition has not been met which means the law can't pass away on the basis od this.

2) TILL ALL BE FULFILLED: This is the second condition for the law to pass away, "till ALL(not just sacrificial) be fulfilled.

Now the law can pass away because this condition has been met, Christ fulfilled ALL.

If you say Christ did not fulfil all but only sacrificial laws, then it means none of the conditions necessary for the law passing away has been met, it also means one jot(whether sacrificial or moral) won't pass away and so you should still be under the sacrificial laws too.

So it's either you are under the whole law or not under any at all.

Note that in fact Christ used the law as a whole and not like the way present day theologians divide them into moral, sacrificial and judgemental laws, Christ spoke of the law as a whole. If all is not fulfilled, then not one jot will pass away, neither sacrificial nor moral law will pass away but if all is fulfilled(moral sacrificial, judgemental), then they can all pass away and then we begin to be led by the Holy Spirit and no longer under a school master, or a written law.

What are you on about here?Let me quote an easy translation for you to understand ,MAYBE KJV IS MAKING YOU SEE STARS.

Matthew 5:18 (GW)

18 I can guarantee this truth: Until the earth and the heavens disappear, neither a period nor a comma will disappear from the Scriptures before everything has come true

So you can see that it is from genesis to revelation that is the Law here, not the mumbo jumbo you quoted up there.

And on fulfillment of the Law ofcos i am coming from the point where Christ did fulfill the law and the prophets( that is what was written concerning Him).

17 “Don’t think that I have come to destroy the Law of Moses or the teaching of the prophets. I have come not to destroy their teachings but to give full meaning to them.
Matthew 5:17

The Importance of the Law and the Prophets( here it is so you no the bible is one complete book)

17 “Don’t think that I have come to ·destroy [abolish; do away with] ·the law of Moses or the teaching of the prophets [L the Law and the Prophets; C referring to the OT]. I have not come to destroy them but to ·bring about what they said [fulfill/complete them].
Matthew 5:17 (GNV)

17 “Don’t ever think that I came to set aside Moses’ Teachings or the Prophets. I didn’t come to set them aside but to make them come true.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Christ is the fulfillment of Moses' Teachings so that everyone who has faith may receive God's approval.Romans 10:4

So if Christ did fulfill what was written concerning Him,should Christian not do same? Here what Jesus the master said.

LUKE 9:23 He said to all of them, “Those who want to come with me must say no to the things they want, pick up their crosses every day, and follow me

So as a christian, you pick up your cross DAILY by following the instructions( LAWS) of the Holy Spirit in line with God's word( bible), You do not pick and choose here. God said He will write his laws in our hearts( HEB 10:16)He did not say the law of the spirit of life but LAWS. The law of the spirit of life is actually the Holy Spirit. If you have the Holy Spirit, laws are not a burden, you don 't break them if you are full of God's word.

If you are advocating here that mosaic teachings are abolished, you are very very wrong because it stands to contradict what Paul says here.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Are we abolishing Moses' Teachings by this faith? That's unthinkable! Rather, we are supporting Moses' Teachings.Romans 3:31

Unlike what you guys are advocating here that we should throw away the OT, PAUL IS SAYING THAT IS UNTHINKABLE.Everything in scripture is actually written for our example so we will not stumble,due to ignorance and unbelief. The whole bible(both OT and NT) is our constitution and our manual for life. cool

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

Nah the sabbath is the 7th day of the week, if you are a law keeper, you must observe your sabbath on that 7th day which God rested but for Christians I agree with the above.

Even if you pretend as a law keeper not to observe sabath on Saturday but other days, you must have to prove to me that you do not work at all, maybe during the weekdays
Let me ask you the question Jesus asked the pharisees. Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath?

My brother i am resting in God not in my works..all days are sabbath to me. cheesy.

There is nothing wrong in having a Saturday church. But once you make it a core doctrine for all Christians to follow that is when it becomes legalism and religion.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 7:32am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: What are you on about here?Let me quote an easy translation for you to understand ,MAYBE KJV IS MAKING YOU SEE STARS.

18 I can guarantee this truth: Until the earth and the heavens disappear, neither a period nor a comma will disappear from the Scriptures before everything has come true

So you can see that it is from genesis to revelation that is the Law here, not the mumbo jumbo you quoted up there.

And on fulfillment of the Law ofcos i am coming from the point where Christ did fulfill the law and the prophets( that is what was written concerning Him).

17 “Don’t think that I have come to destroy the Law of Moses or the teaching of the prophets. I have come not to destroy their teachings but to give full meaning to them.

The Importance of the Law and the Prophets( here it is so you no the bible is one complete book)

17 “Don’t think that I have come to ·destroy [abolish; do away with] ·the law of Moses or the teaching of the prophets [L the Law and the Prophets; C referring to the OT]. I have not come to destroy them but to ·bring about what they said [fulfill/complete them].

17 “Don’t ever think that I came to set aside Moses’ Teachings or the Prophets. I didn’t come to set them aside but to make them come true.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Christ is the fulfillment of Moses' Teachings so that everyone who has faith may receive God's approval.Romans 10:4

So if Christ did fulfill what was written concerning Him,should Christian not do same? Here what Jesus the master said.

LUKE 9:23 He said to all of them, “Those who want to come with me must say no to the things they want, pick up their crosses every day, and follow me

So as a christian, you pick up your cross DAILY by following the instructions( LAWS) of the Holy Spirit in line with God's word( bible), You do not pick and choose here. God said He will write his laws in our hearts( HEB 10:16)He did not say the law of the spirit of life but LAWS. The law of the spirit of life is actually the Holy Spirit. If you have the Holy Spirit, laws are not a burden, you don 't break them if you are full of God's word.

If you are advocating here that mosaic teachings are abolished, you are very very wrong because it stands to contradict what Paul says here.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Are we abolishing Moses' Teachings by this faith? That's unthinkable! Rather, we are supporting Moses' Teachings.Romans 3:31

Unlike what you guys are advocating here that we should throw away the OT, PAUL IS SAYING THAT IS UNTHINKABLE.Everything in scripture is actually written for our example so we will not stumble,due to ignorance and unbelief. The whole bible(both OT and NT) is our constitution and our manual for life. cool

Whether scriptures or law, why is the sacrificial law and judgemental law only passing but not moral?

yes we learn from the law but we are not obliged to it.

Heb. 8:13 says, "When He said, 'A new covenant,' He
has made the first obsolete. But whatever is
becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to
disappear." The Old Covenant with its harsh
judicial judgments, moral laws and sacrificial obligations is no longer in effect because
we are under a New Covenant.

The New Testament covenant system says that we
are to "be at peace with one another," ( Mark 9:50 )
and "with all men," ( Rom. 12:18 ). Rom. 14:19 says,
"pursue the things which make for peace and the
building up of one another." After all, "God has
called us to peace," ( 1 Cor. 7:15 ).

However, this does not mean that we are to
approve of such sins as homosexuality, adultery,
lying, and stealing since the holy spirit does not approve of it, the holy spirit leads us to what is necessary, you cannot relegate the place of the Holy spirit out of the leading of a christian.

Sinai does not apply, we only learn from it.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2013
@Bidam

You are ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. How you constantly hold the wrong end of the stick wipes a mountain off the ground.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 7:34am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: Let me ask you the question Jesus asked the pharisees. Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath?

My brother i am resting in God not in my works..all days are sabbath to me. cheesy.

There is nothing wrong in having a Saturday church. But once you make it a core doctrine for all Christians to follow that is when it becomes legalism and religion.

You don't keep the sabath, simple. don't try to be a law keeper and yet a christian at the same time.

you are guilty of the whole 613 laws for not keeping only the sabath, yes james said that if you break one law, you are guilty of all

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: Follow the thread carefully the Op did answer your query, what Jesus came to fulfill was actually the sacrificial law.The moral laws are the very nature of God, they are eternal.they do not change cos God doesn't change.He said so through peter, be ye Holy for I am Holy(1 pet 1:13-16). Or why do you think He was conversing with Moses and Elijah on the mount of transfiguration? Moses represent the Law while Elijah represent the Prophets.So he fulfilled the sacrificial laws of Moses, the book of Hebrews was clear on that and He fulfilled what the prophets wrote about Him,His coming. Yes end of sacrificial laws. You err not knowing scriptures..That scripture says it's commands set in the form of ordinances..God's 10 commands has no ordinances except the levitical sacrifices...so it might look like Paul is advocating the abolishing of the law here but that is not true or else he wouldn't have talk about upholding the law in romans 3:31..scripture don't contradict scripture.
Even you yourself quoted that we should not be lawless,so what is to guide our code and conduct as believers? certainly the bible, if not people would be doing all sort of rubbish all in the name of The Holy Spirit, people have already started advocating for premarital sex, masturbation, gay marriages etc all in the name that it is not found in the NT and is therefore not a sin,some will even be bold to tell you it is the Holy Spirit that instruct them to do such.

As for laws..God gave Adam the first law he broke it and died spiritualy, animals were killed by God and used to cover their unclothedness, that was the shadow of what is to come, you can see it replayed in Moses era and it climaxed as Jesus came as the ultimate sacrifice for humanity. Don't fool yourself..God always wants to be OBEYED.
bro, good point, very true. What does it mean to be Holy? What is Holiness?

"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good." (Romans 7:12). the law is holy, if you aint keeping the laws you cant be holy. You have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2013
Everything you say leads back to the law.... Holy, Love, Grace. E.t.c

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men," (Titus 2:11).
"Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" (Titus 2:12)
.<<<For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men teaching us that to deny ungodliness, we must live righteously. How do we live righteously? What does living righteously mean?

"And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us." (Deuteronomy 6:25).<<< righteousness is when you obey the Laws of the Lord. So that verse means the grace of God that brings salvation to all men has appeared to teach us that to deny ungodliness you must have to obey the laws of God.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 7:52am On Dec 22, 2013
sandijey: Nice job meilyn kiss
hey sandi. How are you doing mehn?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 7:53am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: bro, good point, very true. What does it mean to be Holy? What is Holiness?

"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good." (Romans 7:12). the law is holy, if you aint keeping the laws you cant be holy. You have spoken well.

Meilin stop this hogwash, you are just misinterpreting the bible, when you see a word somewhere and it fits your claim, you just equate it with another verse.

Your level of thinking is very bad, so can we say the likes of job are not holy because they didn't have the law? you must be a joker.

Using your poor logic, I can also say:

What does it mean to be Holy? What is Holiness?

The holy Spirit is holy and so if you aint being led by the holy Spirit, you cant be holy.

Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of
the Spirit, ye are not under the law
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES, before the law of moses came, how did people obey God and do what is right? you think only a written document can guide our way of life when God is always with us? SMH at this level of ignorance.
My brother, you really need to study your bible and stop throwing insults at people early in the morning. Abraham did obeyed God, Noah and others did.
About adam and Eve, God gave them commandments/instructions without any written law, so why can't God still operate with this process using His Holy Spirit? I guess you are just ignorant.
The same Holy Spirit that people are saying is telling them to legalize abortion and same sex marriage abi? You can see your confusion here. These guys advocating for these laws are Christians ooo.. I even read somewhere on this forum that masturbation and premarital sex is not a sin..so you can see the gradual degeneration on God's eternal laws.
leave those who are advocating for same sex marriage out of this, they are only deceiving themselves lieing on the Holy Spirit, people can always deceive themselves even if they were following all the 613 laws. So don't judge christians as a whole on the basis of some sects who lie on the Holy Spirit, be logical in your assertions.
Why should i leave them. They tagged the label Christians, so i don't know whether you belong to that category. They always say God's law is abolished na. This is actually a logical assertion.
Yes, God wants to be obeyed and that's why he expects us to follow his leadings by his Holy Spirit, he doesn't want us to be guided by written laws anymore when he is closest to us, infact saying we are still bound by written laws at this dispensation of the Holy Spirit is as good as relegating the Holy Spirit behind. Those who the laws were given too did not have the Holy spirit like we christians do have today, and so it was a good idea to lead them by written laws.
So you can see, you level of reasoning is shallow here. What do you understand by written laws according to scripture? What is logos, What is rhema, Is the bible not written in black and white, Don't you go to the bible for guidance? I am telling you here that people misinterpret and misrepresent God's word and they tell you it is the Holy Spirit? which Holy Spirit contradicts scripture?

But never was the law written to Christians but the jews, christians are to operate in liberty of the Holy spirit and not in bondage to the law, yes the Holy spirit is liberty while the law is bondage, if you are led by the Holy spirit you are of the freewoman and not under the law, the bond woman.
Last time i read my bible Peter, James and Paul were both Jews and are Christians, so if the law(bible) wasn't written to Christians they would have told us so.

I do not know how else you want to twist scriptures but the bible makes it clear that we are not to be led by the law but the Holy spirit.
You are the one twisting Paul's letters from the beginning of this thread and i am telling you so, you are unlearned and unstable according to peter's statement. You are actually practicing lawlessness.

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit ,
you are NOT UNDER THE LAW.

And did you see me tell you here, i am under any law cheesy
You can do a bible study yourself here:

Galatians 4:23-31

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born
after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by
promise. 24 Which things are an allegory : for
these are the two covenants; the one from the
mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is
Agar. 25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia,
and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in
bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem
which is above is free, which is the mother of us
all. 27 For it is written , Rejoice , thou barren
that bearest not; break forth and cry , thou that
travailest not: for the desolate hath many more
children than she which hath an husband. 28 Now
we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of
promise. 29 But as then he that was born after
the flesh persecuted him that was born after the
Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what
saith the scripture? CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be
heir with the son of the freewoman. 31 So then,
brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman,
but of the free.

We(christians) are not of the bondwoman, the law
I am also not of the bondwoman,we brethren as Isaac was are children of promise,salvation is not by works, it's a free gift, so after salvation we should fold our hands and go to sleep abi Can you see the folly of your statement here?

Do not deceive yourself, you are either under the old covenant or the new covenant, nothing like old wine in new bottle. Sinai is null, we only establish what was given in sinai by love through the holy spirit.
I am not deceiving myself, it is a waste of time arguing with you because clearly you don't even know what you are talking about. You quote scripture out of context without having an understanding what the scripture is talking about. My candid advice is for you to go back and study your bible.Stop swallowing strange doctrines you see on the internet, Meilyn did a good job exposing your inadequacies here.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

Meilin stop this hogwash, you are just misinterpreting the bible, when you see a word somewhere and it fits your claim, you just equate it with another verse.

Your level of thinking is very bad, so can we say the likes of job are not holy because they didn't have the law? you must be a joker.

Using your poor logic, I can also say:

What does it mean to be Holy? What is Holiness?

The holy Spirit is holy and so if you aint being led by the holy Spirit, you cant be holy.

Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of
the Spirit, ye are not under the law
now i can see you dont believe in the bible, you are arguing with the bible not me.

Now, the Holy spirit is holy, because it teaches you how to keep the laws. What is the Law? The Law is the bible, you dont understand scriptures. The bible says the law is holy and you called it a hogwash. I dont take you serious as regards this issue because you dont understand Paul. Peter talked about this, and its happening right now. I have told you what Grace is, and i have also told you what under the law means. Now its left to you to do your own home work.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: Everything you say leads back to the law.... Holy, Love, Grace. E.t.c

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men," (Titus 2:11).
"Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" (Titus 2:12)
.<<<For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men teaching us that to deny ungodliness, we must live righteously. How do we live righteously? What does living righteously mean?

"And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us." (Deuteronomy 6:25).<<< righteousness is when you obey the Laws of the Lord. So that verse means the grace of God that brings salvation to all men has appeared to teach us that to deny ungodliness you must have to obey the laws of God.

Sorry but you preach nonsence, you can be righteous without the law, infact righteousness is simply doing what is right and you can be right without having those laws.

But now the righteousness of God without the law
is manifested, being witnessed by the law and
the prophets; (Romans 3:21)

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: now i can see you dont believe in the bible, you are arguing with the bible not me.

Now, the Holy spirit is holy, because it teaches you how to keep the laws. What is the Law? The Law is the bible, you dont understand scriptures. The bible says the law is holy and you called it a hogwash. I dont take you serious as regards this issue because you dont understand Paul. Peter talked about this, and its happening right now. I have told you what Grace is, and i have also told you what under the law means. Now its left to you to do your own home work.

You blaspheme without knowing, how dare you say the holy spirit is holy because it teaches a law, so you mean the holy Spirit doesn't know how to guide his Children without having to follow the law?? you are amazing, wow.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:11am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

Sorry but you preach nonsence, you can be righteous without the law, infact righteousness is simply doing what is right and you can be right without having those laws.

But now the righteousness of God without the law
is manifested, being witnessed by the law and
the prophets;
(Romans 3:21)
you dont understand this verse. Being witnessed by the law and the prophets. Two separate laws. My guy, understanding is your problem. How can the law witness the abolished law again? How can you be your own witness in court?. That verse supports me. Righteousness is the law, bible said so, i never said so.

"And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us." (Deuteronomy 6:25)
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:15am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: you dont understand this verse. Being witnessed by the law and the prophets. Two separate laws. My guy, understanding is your problem. How can the law witness the abolished law again? How can you be your own witness in court?.

being witnessed by the law and the prophet.

first the law signifies lev, num, deutronomy. the prophets signifies all other scriptures written in the OT.

This books testifies or are witness to the fact that God would later reveal a righteousness by faith and not of the works of the law but that he will reveal a new covenant centred on righteousness by faith

When you do not understand something, you can ask questions.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

You blaspheme without knowing, how dare you say the holy spirit is holy because it teaches a law, so you mean the holy Spirit doesn't know how to guide his Children without having to follow the law?? you are amazing, wow.
why dont you use A scripture verse to prove what i said is null?

Christ is holy because he kept the law. The holy spirit is holy because it teaches the law. The law is the word, the word is the bible, the holy spirit guides you on how to read the bible and follow it. Your understanding of the bible is shallow grin
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:20am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: why dont you use A scripture verse to prove what i said is null?

Christ is holy because he kept the law. The holy spirit is holy because it teaches the law. The law is the word, the word is the bible, the holy spirit guides you on how to read the bible and follow it. Your understanding of the bible is shallow grin

You err bro.

The law tells you to stone the adulterer
The holy spirit tells you to preach to her.

you preach heresy

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:21am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

being witnessed by the law and the prophet.

first the law signifies lev, num, deutronomy. the prophets signifies all other scriptures written in the OT.

This books testifies or are witness to the fact that God would later reveal a righteousness by faith and not of the works of the law but that he will reveal a new covenant centred on righteousness by faith

When you do not understand something, you can ask questions.
your own vain opinions..... If you dont quote scriptures. I wont say anything anymore bro.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:23am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

You err bro.

The law tells you to stone the adulterer
The holy spirit tells you to preach to her.

you preach heresy
now you are supporting my point. That is the magnified law am talking about. Christ came to correct the law of moses and not to abolish it. The moral laws that is. You dont understand nothing bro. What does heresy mean?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:25am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: your own vain opinions..... If you dont quote scriptures. I wont say anything anymore bro.

If at this point in your life you do not know that the law and the prophets means the scriptures in the OT, then you have a long way to go. you should go do a bible study before coming here to confuse people.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:27am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: now you are supporting my point. That is the magnified law am talking about. Christ came to correct the law of moses and not to abolish it. The moral laws that is. You dont understand nothing bro. What does heresy mean?

Liar, show me where the bible said christ only came to correct the law and I would show you where the bible says the law is abolished and that we are under a new covenant. Not old law in new cover.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:28am On Dec 22, 2013
John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance ,whatsoever I have said unto you.

What did Jesus preach to the people? He taught the law. So the holy spirit teaches the law, so does grace. You do err bro.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

Liar, show me where the bible said christ only came to correct the law and I would show you where the bible says the law is abolished and that we are under a new covenant. Not old law in new cover.
Hebrew 8:10 is talking about the second coming, thats when all will be fulfilled and thats when the second covenant begins. That is where you are confuse.

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" (Hebrews 8:10).

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." (Hebrews 8:11). this hasnt happened or has it?

"The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable." (Isaiah 42:21). Christ will come and make the law honourable, that he did.

How did he magnify the law? Its simple.

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. " (Matthew 5:27-28).

Christ also came to abolish the sacrificial laws. Not morals, he came to correct morals.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:41am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

If at this point in your life you do not know that the law and the prophets means the scriptures in the OT, then you have a long way to go. you should go do a bible study before coming here to confuse people.
you didnt understand what i said. I see.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam:

How this guy is aware of the truth but constantly spew errors. oga bidam, what is the 'true' Christ referred to in this verse. Did it not come true on the cross? Is the death and resurrection sufficient to make the laws given to Moses on Mount Sinai disappear?
Bidam:

Oga bidam Genesis to Revelation is not the law.
Bidam:

GOD'S WORD® Translation

Mr Bidam, does fulfil mean accomplish/finish?

The bible says the letter of the law kills because no one can keep its directives. Jesus says I will pay the price by fulfilling that which the law is set out to do, hence he dies.

Jesus became Sin. I am sure you know what the wages/the resultant effect of sin is- it is death. Christ became the sin of the world and died once and for all for anyone that believes. TRUE OR FALSE?
Bidam:

Must you force the word of God to validate your error? Jesus was in no way talking about law here but about people like you who hold prosperity in high esteem. If you must quote bible, why not quote in context.

Bidam: So as a christian, you pick up your cross DAILY by following the instructions( LAWS) of the Holy Spirit in line with God's word( bible), You do not pick and choose here. God said He will write his laws in our hearts( HEB 10:16)He did not say the law of the spirit of life but LAWS. The law of the spirit of life is actually the Holy Spirit. If you have the Holy Spirit, laws are not a burden, you don 't break them if you are full of God's word.

This bidam needs help, how hilarious can this self-righteous and new age Pharisee be?

When everyone you encounter tell you to rightly divide the word, you erroneously scuttle to 'all scriptures are inspired by God'.
Bidam:

GOD'S WORD® Translation

You have made this verse your soft landing and the basis of your own gospel. It is unfortunate that you will ignore all the apostle said before making this statement and quickly draw your conclusion.
Bidam:

when we say you're not under Law, but strictly by faith + nothing, does that mean you throw the Law out to the wind? No! In Romans Chapter 13 Paul is going to say just as plain as English can make it. "That when we love our neighbor, as a believer, of course, then we fulfill the Law." We don't cast it out. Can you love someone and break any of those commandments against him? It's impossible. And so love is the fulfilling of the Law.

The conundrum we are faced with as 'man' is the issue of the sinful nature. There is no way we can be transformed if we don't read and understand the mind of God through scriptures.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance ,whatsoever I have said unto you.

What did Jesus preach to the people? He taught the law. So the holy spirit teaches the law, so does grace. You do err bro.

You read out of context, where does the bible say the holy Spirit teaches the law there, if Christ taught his disciples spiritual lessons and so does the holy spirit, how does that mean the Holy spirit teach the.law of moses?

Jesus taught the law only because he hadn't fulfilled the requirements of the law at that time, after he ressurected, he fulfilled the obligation of the law and established a new testament

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold,
the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a
new covenant with the house of Israel and with the
house of Judah:
9 NOT ACCORDING to the covenant that I made with
their fathers in the day when I took them by the
hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;
because they continued not in my covenant, and I
regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with
the house of Israel after those days, saith the
Lord; I will put my laws INTO THEIR MINDS and write
them in their HEARTS: and I will be to them a God,
and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his
neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know
the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to
the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness,
and their sins and their iniquities will I remember
no more.
13 In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE
THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYED AND WAXETH
OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

A NEW COMMANDMENT I GIVE UNTO YOU , That ye love
one another; as I have loved you, that ye also
love one another.(John 13:34)

The greatest commandment is not even of the law.

Matthew 22:36-40 "Teacher, which is the great
commandment in the Law?" And He said to
him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with
all your heart, and with all your soul, and
with all your mind.' "This is the great and
foremost commandment. "The second is like it,
'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "On
these two commandments depend the whole
Law and the Prophets."
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:53am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: Hebrew 8:10 is talking about the second coming, thats when all will be fulfilled and thats when the second covenant begins. That is where you are confuse.

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" (Hebrews 8:10).

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." (Hebrews 8:11). this hasnt happened or has it?

"The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable." (Isaiah 42:21). Christ will come and make the law honourable, that he did.

How did he magnify the law? Its simple.

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. " (Matthew 5:27-28).

Christ also came to abolish the sacrificial laws. Not morals, he came to correct morals.

You preach your opinion, the death of Christ abolished the old covenant(whether sacrificial or moral) and established a new one, period.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:58am On Dec 22, 2013
the second covenant began as soon as christ ressurected on the cross, its not until the second coming.

stop preaching heresy, if we are still.in the first covenant, then you are yet in your sins, you need to sacrifice the blood of bulls and goats to atone for your sins.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Gombs(m): 8:59am On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: Let me ask you the question Jesus asked the pharisees. Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath?

9, 000, 000, 000 likes

Ask that fellow, whether God seeks those who'd worship Him in Spirit and in truth, or those who'd worship him on Saturdays?

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 9:01am On Dec 22, 2013
Gombs:

9, 000, 000, 000 likes

Ask that fellow, whether God seeks those who'd worship Him in Spirit and in truth, or those who'd worship him on Saturdays?

Am not even a sabatarian, I am only pointing out the ignorance he posesses as a law keeper and the hypocrisy and confusion behind it.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 9:02am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

You read out of context, where does the bible say the holy Spirit teaches the law there, if Christ taught his disciples spiritual lessons and so does the holy spirit, how does that mean the Holy spirit teach the.law of moses?

Jesus taught the law only because he hadn't fulfilled the requirements of the law at that time, after he ressurected, he fulfilled the obligation of the law and established a new testament

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold,
the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a
new covenant with the house of Israel and with the
house of Judah:
9 NOT ACCORDING to the covenant that I made with
their fathers in the day when I took them by the
hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;
because they continued not in my covenant, and I
regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with
the house of Israel after those days, saith the
Lord; I will put my laws INTO THEIR MINDS and write
them in their HEARTS: and I will be to them a God,
and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his
neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know
the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to
the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness,
and their sins and their iniquities will I remember
no more.
13 In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE
THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYED AND WAXETH
OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

A NEW COMMANDMENT I GIVE UNTO YOU , That ye love
one another; as I have loved you, that ye also
love one another.(John 13:34)

The greatest commandment is not even of the law.

Matthew 22:36-40 "Teacher, which is the great
commandment in the Law?" And He said to
him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with
all your heart, and with all your soul, and
with all your mind.' "This is the great and
foremost commandment. "The second is like it,
'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "On
these two commandments depend the whole
Law and the Prophets."
@this point i will stop argueing with you, you know why? You are not learned, you need to be learned to understand scriptures, when the Holy Spirit is with you, you will read scriptures precept upon precept. You keep bringing out what we have already discussed, that tells me you are confused. I have told you what love is, what Christ came to do, all with scriptures. That covenant starts when Christ comes the second time, i can show you that hebrews 8 from the old testament, the verse 11 shows the convenant isnt now. You dont understand scriptures, what concerns New Commandment, New Testament with New Covenant?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 9:03am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: @this point i will stop argueing with you, you know why? You are not learned, you need to be learned to understand scriptures, when the Holy Spirit is with you, you will read scriptures precept upon precept. You keep bringing out what we have already discussed, that tells me you are confused. I have told you what love is, what Christ came to do, all with scriptures. That covenant starts when Christ comes the second time, i can show you that hebrews 8 from the old testament, the verse 11 shows the convenant isnt now. You dont understand scriptures, what concerns New Commandment, New Testament with New Covenant?
My brother if the second covenant starts at christ second coming, then yoi are yet in your sins. no 2 ways about it

If it is english that is your problem, a testament is synonymous with a covenant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Behold one of World's largest 100,000 Capacity Church Of Living Faith Church / Why Do You Go To Church? / NIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.