Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,129 members, 7,838,869 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. (7010 Views)

When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide / Atheists Err When Asking For Material Evidence To Prove God's Existence / Crucifixion Of Jesus In Err - Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 8:49am On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

When did Jesus teach you the law?

Why do you think the experts of the law that is, scribes and pharisees detest Jesus?

Why infer that the Holy Spirit is coming to teach the law (law of Moses), where did you get that from?
Jesus taught the Law, oh you dont know that?. They detested Christ because he claimed to be the Son of God. grin
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: how the hell did i miss this? I didnt see this your post. Can you prove a covenant and a testament are the same things?

And again i want you to tell me if this has come to pass.

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." (Hebrews 8:11). this hasnt happened or has it?<<< this verse is from the old testament. Talking about the second coming, end time. And not the death of Christ. My guy how do you read the bible? Christians will not kill me.

The greek word translated is Diatheke which can mean both "testament" and "covenant", depending on the context. In most cases in the New Testoment, diatheke should be translated as "covenant".

However, there are a few instances where it can be understood in context as "testament".

When you have the holy spirit, do you need to.be taught by a brother that you should know the lord?

Bro don't confuse yourself, the new/second covenant has started since Christ resurrection on the cross of Carl vary
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: Jesus taught the Law, oh you dont know that?. They detested Christ because he claimed to be the Son of God. grin

No I didn't. Pls show me where he was teaching people the law of Moses. I know he was under the law and he respected the law of Moses but the part where he taught the law is were you lost me.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 9:49am On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:

The greek word translated is Diatheke which can mean both "testament" and "covenant", depending on the context. In most cases in the New Testoment, diatheke should be translated as "covenant".

However, there are a few instances where it can be understood in context as "testament".

When you have the holy spirit, do you need to.be taught by a brother that you should know the lord?

Bro don't confuse yourself, the new/second covenant has started since Christ resurrection on the cross of Carl vary
Like i said thats how evil people do, when scriptures dont favour them, they goto the greek or the hebrew. grin..... You are wrong, that is your own private interpretaion.

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." (Hebrews 8:11). <<

But you are still telling people to know the lord? Am telling you right now to know the lord. See bro, for you to understand scriptures. You need to be born again, scripture do say, My people are foolish, this right here is wisdom but you are not reborn and you dont want to.

"For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge." (Jeremiah 4:22). << We are foolish bro, i was once a Christian like you[foolish], but right now, i have knowledge, i now understand scriptures. You know why? Because i have been born again, i cleansed myself with the truth. I forgot the lies i learnt in the christian churches[white man aka edom] and i started all over again like a new born baby. Thats what you need to do bro.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

No I didn't. Pls show me where he was teaching people the law of Moses. I know he was under the law and he respected the law of Moses but the part where he taught the law is were you lost me.
then remain lost bro. tongue. Oh, you forgot the part that says follow me, follow my example. If you are a follower of Christ, shouldnt you respect and follow the law of Moses too? grin.

And so you mean? Christ was teaching something else? Grace you mean? Lol you are really lost. tongue
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 10:10am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: Like i said thats how evil people do, when scriptures dont favour them, they goto the greek or the hebrew. grin..... You are wrong, that is your own private interpretaion.

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." (Hebrews 8:11). <<

But you are still telling people to know the lord? Am telling you right now to know the lord. See bro, for you to understand scriptures. You need to be born again, scripture do say, My people are foolish, this right here is wisdom but you are not reborn and you dont want to.

"For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge." (Jeremiah 4:22). << We are foolish bro, i was once a Christian like you[foolish], but right now, i have knowledge, i now understand scriptures. You know why? Because i have been born again, i cleansed myself with the truth. I forgot the lies i learnt in the christian churches[white man aka edom] and i started all over again like a new born baby. Thats what you need to do bro.

When people don't support you, there is no need to assume they are not born again, afterall you may be the one wrong, your judgemental spirit is enough for me to understand you lack so many things as a christian.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: then remain lost bro. tongue.

Oh, you forgot the part that says follow me, follow my example. If you are a follower of Christ, [b]shouldnt you respect and follow the law of Moses [/b]too? grin.

Hmm, you are not answering the question, may be you did not get it the first time. Jesus taught a lot of things during his earthly ministry, you said what he taught was the law. So I ask you to show where he taught the law of Moses.

MEILYN:
And so you mean? Christ was teaching something else? Grace you mean? Lol you are really lost. tongue

Why don't we leave what I mean and what I don't mean for now. Lets deal with the part where you said Jesus taught the law.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:16am On Dec 25, 2013
Wow, things just keep coming my way. I want to break down this verse for you. Christ taught the law.

"But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." (John 3:21).<<< but he that doeth truth. Truth is an action and not a saying, thats what that verse is saying, cometh into light, that his deeds, his deeds which means work shall be manifest, so that verse is talking about action. Lets see what Christ meant by Truth brings you into light.

"Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth." (Psalm 119:142).<< The law is the truth? Remember? The law is the truth.

"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:" (Proverbs 6:23).<< oh my God, the Law brings you to light . He that doeth the law cometh into light.

That was what Christ meant by that. Christ taught the law bro.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:22am On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:

When people don't support you, there is no need to assume they are not born again, afterall you may be the one wrong, your judgemental spirit is enough for me to understand you lack so many things as a christian.
first of all, i cant be wrong. Because i have been on your side and this side. I understand your point of view very very well, back then i used to debate with people and give them the points you are giving. But i chose this side, because it is the simple truth, because i now understand Christ and the bible.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. " (John 7:24).<< thats what am doing bro

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." (1 Corinthians 2:15) << i believe i am spiritual.

What did i mean by being born again? You didnt even understand me. What does being born again mean? Since i have judged you according to you.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: Wow, things just keep coming my way. I want to break down this verse for you. Christ taught the law.

"But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." (John 3:21).<<< but he that doeth truth. Truth is an action and not a saying, thats what that verse is saying, cometh into light, that his deeds, his deeds which means work shall be manifest, so that verse is talking about action. Lets see what Christ meant by Truth brings you into light.

"Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth." (Psalm 119:142).<< The law is the truth? Remember? The law is the truth.

"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:" (Proverbs 6:23).<< oh my God, the Law brings you to light . He that doeth the law cometh into light.

That was what Christ meant by that. Christ taught the law bro.

I will not challenge the mockery and misinterpretation you have done to the verses you quote but I thought Jesus said

New International Version
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Who is really the truth, Jesus or the law of Moses?

I am still waiting for where Jesus taught the law o. grin
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

Hmm, you are not answering the question, may be you did not get it the first time. Jesus taught a lot of things during his earthly ministry, you said what he taught was the law. So I ask you to show where he taught the law of Moses.

Why don't we leave what I mean and what I don't mean for now. Lets deal with the part where you said Jesus taught the law.
why should i forget what you mean? What do you think the law of Moses is?

Thou shall not kill.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall love thy neighbour has thy self.
Thous shall not commit adultery.

Whose Laws are these?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 10:32am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: why should i forget what you mean? What do you think the law of Moses is?

Thou shall not kill.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall love thy neighbour has thy self.
Thous shall not commit adultery.

Whose Laws are these?

They are laws from God to the nation of Israel.

Don't forget to show me where Jesus taught these laws.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 10:35am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN:
first of all, i cant be wrong. Because i have been on your side and this side. I understand your point of view very very well, back then i used to debate with people and give them the points you are giving. But i chose this side, because it is the simple truth, because i now understand Christ and the bible.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. " (John 7:24).<< thats what am doing bro

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." (1 Corinthians 2:15) << i believe i am spiritual.

What did i mean by being born again? You didnt even understand me. What does being born again mean? Since i have judged you according to you.

What are you saying?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

I will not challenge the mockery and misinterpretation you have done to the verses you quote but I thought Jesus said

New International Version
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Who is really the truth, Jesus or the law of Moses?

I am still waiting for where Jesus taught the law o. grin
should i reply this?

Why is Christ the truth?
Why is he the way?
And why is he the life?

I will answer the last part.

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. " (Matthew 19:17). bro, you need to understand the scriptures. I wont say further, i have been explaining and explaining.

You dont know why Christ is the truth, life and way.

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" (Isaiah 28:10).<< thats the only way you gone know this things.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:

What are you saying?
You said i judged you that you aint born again.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:40am On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

They are laws from God to the nation of Israel.

Don't forget to show me where Jesus taught these laws.
You are talking from both sides of your mouth..... Who did God give the law? Did Christ teach this laws?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: should i reply this?

Why is Christ the truth?
Why is he the way?
And why is he the life?

I will answer the last part.

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. " (Matthew 19:17). bro, you need to understand the scriptures. I wont say further, i have been explaining and explaining.

You dont know why Christ is the truth, life and way.

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" (Isaiah 28:10).<< thats the only way you gone know this things.
##The issue here is that you constantly deviate.

First request was show where Jesus taught the law, you started scuttling through the book of proverbs. Next, you said the law is the truth so I asked who the truth really is, yet you refuse to stay on the point.

I will ask you another question- can obedience to the law of Moses make me righteous before God (since it is the truth, according to you)?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi: ##The issue here is that you constantly deviate.

First request was show where Jesus taught the law, you started scuttling through the book of proverbs. Next, you said the law is the truth so I asked who the truth really is, yet you refuse to stay on the point.

I will ask you another question- can obedience to the law of Moses make me righteous before God (since it is the truth, according to you)?
bro, you are the one deviating. I quoted from the book of Proverbs to let you know Christ taught the law. I have a proof that will end all this argument but i want you to remain ignorant. grin. Oh, let the scriptures answer your question.

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. " (Matthew 16:27).

Matthew 5:19, "Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13).

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Matthew 15:8-9).

"And he said unto him, Why
callest thou me good? there is
none good but one, that is,
God: but if thou wilt enter into
life, keep the commandments.
" (Matthew 19:17).

To answer your question. We are saved with works and faith. truth and grace. Its that simple.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22).

"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." (James 2:18).
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
I understand where you are missing it, the issue is are you ready to listen and converse with an open mind?

You are mixing two things together a law that brought sin and death (mosaic law) and a law of the spirit of life (Jesus). Do you understand the difference between these two laws?

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi: I understand where you are missing it, the issue is are you ready to listen and converse with an open mind?

You are mixing two things together a law that brought sin and death (mosaic law) and a law of the spirit of life (Jesus). Do you understand the difference between these two laws?

But according to you, Law is Law? what are the laws of moses? Can you in anyway list at least 7 of them?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: But according to you, Law is Law? what are the laws of moses? Can you in anyway list at least 7 of them?

Bro I never said law is law, I have always stressed on the law of Moses each time you say Jesus taught the law. There is a law according to the letter and there is a law according to the spirit.

Which one are you saying Jesus taught people about?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by 2rue(m): 1:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hmm...see pastors in the house! Why are u pastor turn Christianity into confuse religion...I taught christ have divided all commandment into two...1. Love your God with all your heart 2. Love your neighbor as yourself....there is no commandment that greater than this! Which one be mosaic law again? Pls help us o, we infant christian

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
2rue: Hmm...see pastors in the house! Why are u pastor turn Christianity into confuse religion...I taught christ have divided all commandment into two...1. Love your God with all your heart 2. Love your neighbor as yourself....there is no commandment that greater than this! Which one be mosaic law again? Pls help us o, we infant christian

Thank you for your contribution here bro..

As much as we can learn from what Jesus said to this Pharisee/an expert of the law of Moses who tried to trick Jesus into error; we must note that loving God and loving a neighbour means different things to the Jewish people and Gentiles.

From the perspective of this lawyer that asked the question... Loving God means doing the works of the law of Moses. A neighbour to a Jewish man is the next Jew man that is his fellow country man.

But from a gentile/Greek perspective a neighbour is anyone who lives close to us or anyone who we have association with. The only way a gentile (by extension Jews likewise, if they accept) could show he loves God is to believe Jesus died and resurrected for the sake of his sin.

From Jesus/church view point a neighbour is anyone who needs our help or whom we are in a position to help.

As valid as the answer Jesus gave is, it was not said to the church but was sufficient to shut the mouths of these scribes and Pharisees. The major doctrines of the church cannot be found in Jesus earthly ministry but his doctrine after He paid the price the law of Moses demanded.

2 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by trustman: 4:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

As valid as the answer Jesus gave is, it was not said to the church but was sufficient to shut the mouths of these scribes and Pharisees. The major doctrines of the church cannot be found in Jesus earthly ministry but his doctrine after He paid the price the law of Moses demanded.

Absolutely! Any SIGNIFICANT thing required of the Christian will be found in the New Testament epistles which constitute the blueprint for living the Christian life.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
2rue: Hmm...see pastors in the house! Why are u pastor turn Christianity into confuse religion...I taught christ have divided all commandment into two...1. Love your God with all your heart 2. Love your neighbor as yourself....there is no commandment that greater than this! Which one be mosaic law again? Pls help us o, we infant christian
Mehn, you guys with all this love love, who told you Christ divided the law? He only said that was the greatest law of them all.

And what is love? How do you love God? Not just with your mouth mr.

"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." (1 John 5:3).
"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him." (1 John 2:5).

mehn. Love Love Love. According to you folks, love is an emotion. Am tired jare. He who has an ear let him hear. I am off for good.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

Thank you for your contribution here bro..

As much as we can learn from what Jesus said to this Pharisee/an expert of the law of Moses who tried to trick Jesus into error; we must note that loving God and loving a neighbour means different things to the Jewish people and Gentiles.

From the perspective of this lawyer that asked the question... Loving God means doing the works of the law of Moses. A neighbour to a Jewish man is the next Jew man that is his fellow country man.

But from a gentile/Greek perspective a neighbour is anyone who lives close to us or anyone who we have association with. The only way a gentile (by extension Jews likewise, if they accept) could show he loves God is to believe Jesus died and resurrected for the sake of his sin.

From Jesus/church view point a neighbour is anyone who needs our help or whom we are in a position to help.

Bro. I told you. Yes i did. Had i known. When you realise what have been telling you, it will be too late. Goodbye bro. Live your life.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by trustman: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN:
Love Love Love. According to you folks, love is an emotion. Am tired jare. He who has an ear let him hear. I am off for good.

John 6: 29 - Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
trustman:

John 6: 29 - Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
What are you believing? You believe what Christ says. What did Christ say? Keep the laws, thats how you believe in Christ. Dont be deceived.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: What are you believing? You believe what Christ says. What did Christ say? Keep the laws, thats how you believe in Christ. Dont be deceived.

Christ said believe in him and you will be saved, he didn't say keep the laws to be saved.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
haibe:

Christ said believe in him and you will be saved, he didn't say keep the laws to be saved.
Okay now. Good for you. Dont wanna argue anymore.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: Bro. I told you. Yes i did. Had i known. When you realise what have been telling you, it will be too late. Goodbye bro. Live your life.

Stop the childishness and back what you proclaim with proof from scriptures.
Romans 8
2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh,

Do you notice the difference between the powerless law and the law of the Spirit through Christ?

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
MEILYN: Okay now. Good for you. Dont wanna argue anymore.

Stop typing or propagating rubbish if you are really not interested in defending it... abi na force

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Living Faith, Winners Pastor Shot In The Head As He He Was Entering The Church!! / Dealing With Lucifarian Night Farmers By Dr. Olukoya - Written Sermon / Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.