Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? (5501 Views)

Why Has Imo North Senatorial Rerun Not Held / Beaf's State (delta State)has Gone To The Dogs? / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by nedufantasy(m): 11:06am On Dec 21, 2013
A comparison of Imo state and Anambra state budget.
Imo state
2012 - N174.3b
2013 - N197.7b
2014 - N137b has already been proposed.
Anambra State
2012 - N82.2b
2013 - N110.94b
2014 - N140b proposed
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by asha80(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2013
i guess imsg is trying to cut costs and is 'belt tightening'.....to be honest i am suprised that anambra state budget is now higher than imo's budget for 2014.....there is 42bn difference btw 2013 and 2014 budget estimates for imo state.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by bestviewer: 11:50am On Dec 21, 2013
nedufantasy: A comparison of Imo state and Anambra state budget.
Imo state
2012 - N174.3b
2013 - N197.7b
2014 - N137b has already been proposed

The state was recently banned by CBN from taking anymore loans from any Nigerian and external institution. Usually they use loaned funds to make up for their bloated budget, but the ban stalled that effort in this new budget.

Mind you in the case of Anambra, about 5-6 big investors including multinationals poured in billions on investment in the state in the past 3years. This has affected the state economic strength and IGR to a great extent. Remember that this is minus the state's oil revenue base which when added will further boast its economy and IGR.

Conversely, we have not seen any major fund injection in Imo state whether in private or public capacity on investment that will create jobs and boast IGR. Its economy has always been on recurrent economic bases all these years.

7 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by IGBOSON1: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2013
That state and its gov't is turning out to be the joke of the South East!

5 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by c0llynz02: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
What is all these attack on Rochas?
I hardly see Imolites complaining about him.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by c0llynz02: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
IGBO-SON:
That state and its gov't is turning out to be the joke of the South East!
I won't be surprised if it turns out that you haven't been anywhere close to the south east in a decade.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by c0llynz02: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Rochas has constantly denied all the allegations of borrowing levelled against him, he charged those peddling the allegations to provide proofs, up till now I haven't see any, all they do is to hire people to go allover the internet chanting the same thing and hope it sticks.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by c0llynz02: 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
You don't have to peddle lies against Rochas and Imo state simply because you don't like the party he joined.
Abia state has a government that is a million times worse than that of Imo yet you don't see these kind of threads about Abia springing up.
Why is that so?
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
Rochas has disappointed me personally. This is a person I supported in 2011 to defeat Ohakim. But so far, he has been fumbling and wombling. Only God knows what happened to his silly 4th tier of govt and his free tertiary education policy? The guy is a clown.

9 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
like the other poster said, what of abia state? gringrin.... Sincere nigerian..your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.contrary to what many people think, the man in anambra is the next worst thing after orji !
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nairaland is infested with ignorant folks peddling lies and rumours without substantive evidence just to malign any act they know nothing about, we IMO indigenes and residents strongly believe in Rochas adminstration, he is the most outstanding governor in the history of Imo state after Chief Sam Mbakwe.
The state has witness uncommon transformation with IMOLITES benefiting immensely from dividends of democracy, so for you folks that believe in paid write up as a base to criticise ROCHAS.............continue hating you have no stake in IMO STATE.

11 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Rochas has disappointed me personally. This is a person I supported in 2011 to defeat Ohakim. But so far, he has been fumbling and wombling. Only God knows what happened to his silly 4th tier of govt and his free tertiary education policy? The guy is a clown.
Rochas disappointed you just because he joined APC. What other grievances do you and other supremacists hold against him? Rochas is doing well and he should be freed from distractors like you. Giving him a bad name won't deter him from doing his best for Imo state. Why don't you bother about the incompetence of your paymaster and leave Rochas alone? Nonsense!! angry

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: Rochas disappointed you just because he joined APC. What other grievances do you and other supremacists hold against him? Rochas is doing well and he should be freed from distractors like you. Giving him a bad name won't deter him from doing his best for Imo state. Why don't you bother about the incompetence of your paymaster and leave Rochas alone? Nonsense!! angry
I guess you didn't bother to read my post before your emotional outburst. There are two reasons in that post and many more. In fact, discussing Rochas is a waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I guess you didn't bother to read my post before your emotional outburst. There are two reasons in that post and many more. In fact, discussing Rochas is a waste of time.
Good! You and other haters should get lost and stop spewing your hate on Rochas. angry
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
please go and sit down somewhere.you apply double standards and expect to be taken seriously. What of your pdp man in abia.shouldnt all well meaning easterners focus on that state and question the rot going on there? But No, you and your ilk would prefer to turn a blind eye to whats going on there.

4 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by c0llynz02: 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
^^^ I wonder O! All well meaning Igbos should focus on putting pressure on Theodore Orji to make Abia state especiall Aba look like a place inhabited by humans. That is not too much to ask.
People need to focus on more important things, how can Theodore Orji be allowed such a free-ride simply because he isn't in APC?

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by DerideGull(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: Good! You and other haters should get lost and stop spewing your hate on Rochas. angry

I am only worried about the Mallam's delusional bed mates because they seem to urge him to do the wrong things. grin grin grin
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
DerideGull:

I am only worried about the Mallam's delusional bed mates because they seem to urge him to do the wrong things. grin grin grin
your senility is becoming worrisome. Am afraid if you don't do something about it soon, you'll have yourself to blame. Kpa cha anya gi! angry

2 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by DerideGull(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: your senility is becoming worrisome. Am afraid if you don't do something about it soon, you'll have yourself to blame. Kpa cha anya gi! angry

Madam senility, I do not know where you fall into the Mallam’s gang of looters however I prey you to inform the Mallam to go easy on the finances of Imo State. grin grin grin
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by sheymaziggy: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Rochas has disappointed me personally. This is a person I supported in 2011 to defeat Ohakim. But so far, he has been fumbling and wombling. Only God knows what happened to his silly 4th tier of govt and his free tertiary education policy? The guy is a clown.
With respect I don't think u have moral justification to condemn Rochas, you are also doing the same thing u claim apc e warriors are doing to bring ur president down, that's double standard bro, just stick to u defending pdp and nt attacking d opposition. It would do u better cos as u lay good propaganda on gej administration so as d apc will lay good propaganda on Rochas.

2 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
DerideGull:

Madam senility, I do not know where you fall into the Mallam’s gang of looters however I prey you to inform the Mallam to go easy on the finances of Imo State. grin grin grin
gang of looters? You think I am like you who ganged up with Ohakim to loot Imo State treasury thereby hating Rochas because he blocked the access in which you and your sibling siphoned Imo state monies through Ohakim? Sorry to disappoint you nwoke m, my love for Rochas surpasses being paid to be a sycophant
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantom: please go and sit down somewhere.you apply double standards and expect to be taken seriously. What of your pdp man in abia.shouldnt all well meaning easterners focus on that state and question the rot going on there? But No, you and your ilk would prefer to turn a blind eye to whats going on there.
Rochas is a media man who is always in the news. So dont blame me for expressing my opinion about him. T A Orji on the other hand is rarely in the news. And most importantly, I was not committed to the election of TA Orji unlike Rochas. So if TA Orji has performed poorly, which seems to be the preponderance of opinion, then that is the business of those who supported or elected him and those who reside in that state. But Rochas has failed me. QED. And this is not because he is in APC, after all he is not the only APC governor.

2 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Rochas is a media man who is always in the news. So dont blame me for expressing my opinion about him. T A Orji on the other hand is rarely in the news. And most importantly, I was not committed to the election of TA Orji unlike Rochas. So if TA Orji has performed poorly, which seems to be the preponderance of opinion, then that is the business of those who supported or elected him and those who reside in that state. But Rochas has failed me. QED. And this is not because he is in APC, after all he is not the only APC governor.
that is why you should also mind your business when it comes to Rochas. If you people learn to mind your business you will rarely see him in the news. Most of the reasons he's in the news is because he is being accused falsely by the opposition. So many false allegations leveled against him. If that's how TA. Orji is being treated,he will also be in the news always. Free Rochas and let him be!! angry
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
so why or how has he failed you?why are you insisting on calling him out and not the man in abia after all you are from enugu. And for your information, orji is on ait news bar almost every day so if that is not being a 'media man' , i dont know what is.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2013
sheymaziggy:
With respect I don't think u have moral justification to condemn Rochas, you are also doing the same thing u claim apc e warriors are doing to bring ur president down, that's double standard bro, just stick to u defending pdp and nt attacking d opposition. It would do u better cos as u lay good propaganda on gej administration so as d apc will lay good propaganda on Rochas.
You have no right to dictate to people what position to take on this forum. What I have stated on this thread is my opinion about Rochas. You'r free to state yours about him or his govt.

3 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantom: so why or how has he failed you?why are you insisting on calling him out and not the man in abia after all you are from enugu. And for your information, orji is on ait news bar almost every day so if that is not being a 'media man' , i dont know what is.
...and also SilverBird TV. Infact Ugochukwu Emezue who was a former staff of STV is now the state spokesman of Abia state and there's no time he or Orji is not mentioned on STV.
Ebonyi is there and no one seems to be bothered about what's going on in that state. Everyone's focus is on Rochas because he is now in APC. What a shame!
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: that is why you should also mind your business when it comes to Rochas. If you people learn to mind your business you will rarely see him in the news. Most of the reasons he's in the news is because he is being accused falsely by the opposition. So many false allegations leveled against him. If that's how TA. Orji is being treated,he will also be in the news always. Free Rochas and let him be!! angry
The reason I find it difficult to free Rochas is because I supported him in 2011. So its a kind of feeling of personal disappointment. It is the same feeling I'll get if Obiano turns out tomorrow to be a disappointment or if GEJ fails to commence actual work on Second Niger Bridge next year. I hope you get it.

3 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You have no right to dictate to people what position to take on this forum. What I have stated on this thread is my opinion about Rochas. You'r free to state yours about him or his govt.
Your opinion doesn't matter! Take your silly opinion somewhere else. You and your likes should stop causing division in Igbo land with your malicious comments.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The reason I find it difficult to free Rochas is because I supported him in 2011. So its a kind of feeling of personal disappointment. It is the same feeling I'll get if Obiano turns out tomorrow to be a disappointment or if GEJ fails to commence actual work on Second Niger Bridge next year. I hope you get it.
that's your business. Majority of Imolites are not complaining. We are equally happy with Rochas. Maybe you should be of concern about GEJ building a second niger bridge for ndi igbo.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
CLICK LIKE, IF YOU THINK GOV PETER OBI IS THE BEST GOVERNOR IN SOUTH EAST.......

9 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by asha80(m): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: ...and also SilverBird TV. Infact Ugochukwu Emezue who was a former staff of STV is now the state spokesman of Abia state and there's no time he or Orji is not mentioned on STV.
Ebonyi is there and no one seems to be bothered about what's going on in that state. Everyone's focus is on Rochas because he is now in APC. What a shame!
i am sure achi4u will not like the ebonyi you mentioned here.moreover there is a thread here on ebonyi but i do think you commented on that that thread.

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
ferdsmart: CLICK LIKE, IF YOU THINK GOV PETER OBI IS THE BEST GOVERNOR IN SOUTH EAST.......
story!! Then where will you keep chime?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTO : BVN ( Bank Verification Number) = Mark Of The Beast? / Akeredolu's Wife Injured, 3 Others Killed As Governors Security Invade PU(video) / VP Osinbajo Riding In Over 100,000 Million Naira Maybach, In A “poor” Country!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.