Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,413 members, 7,846,741 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? (5520 Views)

Why Has Imo North Senatorial Rerun Not Held / Beaf's State (delta State)has Gone To The Dogs? / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
asha 80: i am sure achi4u will not like the ebonyi you mentioned here.moreover there is a thread here on ebonyi but i do think you commented on that that thread.
yes I commented on the thread,but how often do you see threads about Ebonyi unlike how you see other SE states? The point am trying to make is the attacks on Imo State is very unfair and biased.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantom: story!! Then where will you keep chime?
can you compare obi and Chime? Probably,in your dreams. Obi leads while others follow.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by asha80(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
berem: yes I commented on the thread,but how often do you see threads about Ebonyi unlike how you see other SE states? The point am trying to make is the attacks on Imo State is very unfair and biased.
my dear only enugu that does not seem to get attacks though enugu seems to have a permanent thread on it...anambra gets attacks....imo gets attacks....abia states gets venoms not just ordinary attacks at least have u heard of any positive thread about orji's abia despite numerous threads about him posted by the likes of obinalihe,mecedonia and the likes?...let us be honest with ourselves.....moreover like i earlier wrote on this thread there is a 42bn negative difference btw 2013 and 2014 budgets in imo....it can only be as a result of forseen revenue dip in federal allocation or dip in internally generated revenue.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
ferdsmart: can you compare obi and Chime? Probably,in your dreams. Obi leads while others follow.
lord have mercy! Honestly i dont know what some of you are smoking.grin
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Abagworo(m): 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Which city in the Southeast is comparable to Owerri today?

Its the only city in the Southeast/Southsouth with 2 functioning 5star hotels. Tourism industry is seriously booming there.

Rochas has come to prove that we can as well engage in massive road construction at a time. Now. What they are trying to do is a well thought out plan to lie against him and tarnish his image because the Presidency sees him as a threat. Obi is jealous of him because he's smart and more likeable. He's an orator and a go-getter as well as charismatic leader.

They even lie against him claiming that he's a noisemaker without being able to pin point where he's advertising himself.

I get impressed each time I visit Imo State and I never expected him to complete the volume of work he took on but he has gone far in many and will complete at least 70% before 2015.

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Abagworo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/the-war-against-rochas-okorocha/

on march 18, 2013 at 1:16 am

The main scheme remains the reported design of using the services of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, by some of the forces rooting for the realisation of the second term ambition of Mr. President to manipulate members of the Imo State House of assembly into removing both Governor Okorocha and Uwajumogu, the Speaker of the Imo State legislative house, from office. Of course, the thinking is rife that without the arrest, prosecution and possible imprisonment of Uwajumogu, on alleged charges of road contract scams, the removal of Governor Okorocha from office will be a pipe dream.
The general thinking  in the political circles that matter at Abuja is that Governor Okorocha remains a major stumbling block that must be removed if Mr. President is to realise his second term ambition in 2015. This thinking is predicated on two grounds.
The first is that Governor Okorocha’s presumed presidential ambition or support for any of the opposition presidential candidates in 2015, will dim Jonathan’s chances of realising his second term ambition, especially given the demonstrated strength of the Igbo bloc vote in such an election.

Those who didn't know should now correlate with the picture circulated and understand why those men were begging. This news was from March.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by bestviewer: 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
[s]
Abagworo: Which city in the Southeast is comparable to Owerri today?

Its the only city in the Southeast/Southsouth with 2 functioning 5star hotels. Tourism industry is seriously booming there.

Rochas has come to prove that we can as well engage in massive road construction at a time. Now. What they are trying to do is a well thought out plan to lie against him and tarnish his image because the Presidency sees him as a threat. Obi is jealous of him because he's smart and more likeable. He's an orator and a go-getter as well as charismatic leader.

They even lie against him claiming that he's a noisemaker without being able to pin point where he's advertising himself.

I get impressed each time I visit Imo State and I never expected him to complete the volume of work he took on but he has gone far in many and will complete at least 70% before 2015.

[/s]

TRASH!

Are for real? Tell me one thing to be proud about Imo state? Owerre? Isn't this Owerre I passed last week? Don't be too fast because am coming with the most recent pictures of Imo state I saw last week. Is the shabby hotels infested by prost1tutes what you call tourism?

You are happy with the happenings in imo state, when your people are running to other neighboring states to earn a living upon graduation from school. How has the clownish governor made effort in creating employment either by looking in-ward or attracting investors?

What has okorosha done with all the monies he borrowed running into over 150 billion prompting the CBN to place a ban on the state from accessing further loans?

People like you are the reason imo state is stuck at the rear of development without movement since 1999.

9 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by asha80(m): 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
another foolish round of chino vs abagworo is in the offing.

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Abagworo(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
bestviewer: [s][/s]

TRASH!

Are for real? Tell me one thing to be proud about Imo state? Owerre? Isn't this Owerre I passed last week? Don't be too fast because am coming with the most recent pictures of Imo state I saw last week. Is the shabby hotels infested by prost1tutes what you call tourism?

You are happy with the happenings in imo state, when your people are running to other states upon graduation from school. How has the clownish governor made effort in creating employment either by looking in-ward or attracting investors?

What has okorosha done with all the monies he borrowed running into over 150 billion prompting the CBN to place a ban on the state from accessing further loans?

People like you are the reason imo state is at stuck rear of development without movement since 1999.

There's no single 5star hotel in Anambra State. Concorde and Rockview are 5star hotels in Owerri while 2 new ones are springing up.

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantom: lord have mercy! Honestly i dont know what some of you are smoking.grin
i smoked a good weed from a good dealer that knows what development is all about. You can never compare Obi and chime. Even,Jonathan knows that Obi is the best Gov in South East. We don't judge developments by beautifying Capital Cities and planting flowers everywhere. Get that into your mind. By 2015,Anambra state will be china of Nigeria.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by obayaya(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
Gosh!!! How messed up can peeps be on here..

the op brought up a thought provoking observation about imo state budget.

in another word, he was asking why was there a reduction in the size of the budget for the new year..

and all we can do is throw banters?

There's something wrong with the youths of these days..

Agbagworo, sincere 9gerian, phantom, berem.. mechienu onu unu.. if you guys cannot contribute to this thread without resorting to the usual name calling and conspiracy theories

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by obayaya(m): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo:

There's no single 5star hotel in Anambra State. Concorde and Rockview are 5star hotels in Owerri while 2 new ones are springing up.

Concorde? rockview? 5 star?

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by bestviewer: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo:

You are a joke. grin

Two 5 star hotels are springing up in Awka and Onitsha. Shoprite is opening 3 centers in Anambra's 3 major cities at the same time. What do you say about that? Still none in entire Imo state. Why won't there be shabby hotels in all the streets of Owerre when the only economic activity in the state is prost1tution? cheesy

In the whole of Imo state there is no single flyover, in a state where the governor has borrowed over 150billion. What a shame..

Even the ordinary QueenSuites beats all these shabby you posted here..

5 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
ferdsmart: i smoked a good weed from a good dealer that knows what development is all about. You can never compare Obi and chime. Even,Jonathan knows that Obi is the best Gov in South East. We don't judge developments by beautifying Capital Cities and planting flowers everywhere. Get that into your mind. By 2015,Anambra state will be china of Nigeria.
na wa o.......you anambrarians are very wealthy but you live really low quality lives....honestly! if you think the substandard projects obi has littered the state with is development,you are joking!!! peter obi CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT hold a candle to chime. take that to the bank!!!!
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
obayaya: Gosh!!! How messed up can peeps be on here..

in another word, he was asking why was there a reduction in the size of the budget for the new year..

Agbagworo, sincere 9gerian, phantom, berem.. mechienu onu unu.. if you guys cannot contribute to this thread without resorting to the usual name calling and conspiracy theories
sorry boss. your correction is noted.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by bestviewer: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
obayaya: Gosh!!! How messed up can peeps be on here..

That is abagworo for you, he has a way of digressing from discussing the subject matter. A matter as important as budget deficit is what he trying so hard to deflate.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo:

whats is this one saying? Each Town in Anambra State could boast of a comfortable hotel. List of the towns in In Anambra State that has a good and comfortable Hotel: Awka,Onitsha,Uli,Abagana,Nnewi,Nnobi,Neni,Agulu,Ekwulobia,Ogidi,Nkpor,Igbariam,Ogbunike,etc. Comfortable hotels ands good patronage. Moreover,new ones are springing up.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by c0llynz02: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
If you are going to continue accusing Okorocha of excessive borrowing, provide proofs, don't just continue to shout it and hope it sticks, where are the proofs?
Where is the proof that CBN banned Imo from borrowing?
Provide proofs and shame the devil
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by asha80(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantom: na wa o.......you anambrarians are very wealthy but you live really low quality lives....honestly! if you think the substandard projects obi has littered the state with is development,you are joking!!! peter obi CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT hold a candle to chime. take that to the bank!!!!
i hope education got a facelift under chime because the feelers i am getting is not encouraging....i also wonder if nsukka masterplan has been drawn let alone implementation.

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantom: na wa o.......you anambrarians are very wealthy but you live really low quality lives....honestly! if you think the substandard projects obi has littered the state with is development,you are joking!!! peter obi CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT hold a candle to chime. take that to the bank!!!!
lol.... Take what to the bank kwanu? Even the bank would reject such statement coz they know the truth. Substandard projects in Anambra? Haba! Using 13bn to construct a poo house called state secretariat is a standard project in your eyes abiii? No wonder,Gov Peter Obi had remained the South East governors's forum Chairman for two tenures without challenge coz they knew that they have to learn from Gov obi. Gov obi leads while others follow. Ask chime of that.

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
asha 80: i hope education got a facelift under chime because the feelers i am getting is not encouraging....i also wonder if nsukka masterplan has been drawn let alone implementation.
gbam...

Tell him again...

Anambrarians experienced massive facelift in our Education sector more than any State in South East. Ask Rochas and Archbishop Obinna,they would gist you wella
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abagworo:

How many factories and Industries could Imo State boast of via Govt/private/church partnership?

2 Likes

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by bestviewer: 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Lets limit our argument on the subject matter:

Okorocha Budgets N137 Billion For Imo In 2014

Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Friday evening presented a budget proposal of N137,026,528.434 for the 2014 fiscal year for the state.

Presenting the Budget, which he tagged “Budget of consolidating
Rescue,” the governor said while N75,271,768,434 is for Capital projects, N61,383,872,587 takes care of Recurrent Expenditure

The governor who also disclosed to establish multi-level car parks at
different locations in the state capital to decongest the city assured
that the state government would consolidate on the existing programes
and projects were towards the beautification of the state capital
and
the new cities in the 2014 fiscal year.

Governor Okorocha who had earlier who had reviewed the performance of
the 2013 budget and the achievements recorded said that as part of the
drive to sustain the improved Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), the
state government shall construct the new sub treasuries and revenue
offices where non exist and the rehabilitation of the some existing
one in the state.

Additionally, he said that the state government would invigorate the
process of appointment of judges for the high Court and the Customary
Court of Appeal and would also appoint Customary Court members to fill
the vacant positions.

The highlighted got me into deep reflection. How did Imo people got into this mess? Just imagine what is the governor's priority in a state where there is zero job and poverty has hit the ceiling, zero attention on education and health.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
bestviewer: Lets limit our argument on the subject matter:

Okorocha Budgets N137 Billion For Imo In 2014

Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, Friday evening presented a budget proposal of N137,026,528.434 for the 2014 fiscal year for the state.

Presenting the Budget, which he tagged “Budget of consolidating
Rescue,” the governor said while N75,271,768,434 is for Capital projects, N61,383,872,587 takes care of Recurrent Expenditure

The governor who also disclosed to establish multi-level car parks at
different locations in the state capital to decongest the city assured
that the state government would consolidate on the existing programes
and projects were towards the beautification of the state capital
and
the new cities in the 2014 fiscal year.

Governor Okorocha who had earlier who had reviewed the performance of
the 2013 budget and the achievements recorded said that as part of the
drive to sustain the improved Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), the
state government shall construct the new sub treasuries and revenue
offices where non exist and the rehabilitation of the some existing
one in the state.

Additionally, he said that the state government would invigorate the
process of appointment of judges for the high Court and the Customary
Court of Appeal and would also appoint Customary Court members to fill
the vacant positions.

The highlighted got me into deep reflection. How did Imo people got into this mess? Just imagine what is the governor's priority in a state where there is zero job and poverty has hit the ceiling, zero attention on education and health.

constructing Judges quarters,could that benefit the poor masses?
That clown should focus on people oriented goverenance; dats demand driven development in conjunction with the grass roots. He should meet peter obi for more lectures on that.
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by phantom(m): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
ferdsmart:

constructing Judges quarters,could that benefit the poor masses?
That clown should focus on people oriented goverenance; dats demand driven development in conjunction with the grass roots. He should meet peter obi for more lectures on that.
i rather he learns from chime.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by ferdsmart(m): 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
phantom: i rather he learns from chime.... grin grin grin grin
learn from Chime? Lol... That would be in next light years.. cheesy
learn from Chime? Lol... That would be in next light years.. My advice to chime is to learn from our Gov elect(Chief Dr Willie Obiano) maybe,he could teach him new things on how to handle a State
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by shineeye: 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
rochas is not a smart politician
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by princenonny(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
Gov Rochas Okorocha aka ' El Loco '

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by IKEMBANNEWI: 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Le ka umuigbo sie emebo onweha ebea! Tufiakwa! Amadioha mere unu nile ebere. Nihi na ihenka kariri Chukwu! Chino na Abagworo, otu ubochi unu na'abu ga enweta ihe unu na'acho na forum a!angry

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by obayaya(m): 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2013

chime is really doing a good job in making coal city the pride of the East.. but outside the city, Nothing is really happening.. and that my friend is disturbing..

1 Like

Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
obayaya:

Concorde? rockview? 5 star?

That dude doesn't even have the slightest clue on what a 5 star hotel is like

What a pity
Re: Has Imo State Gone To The Dogs And Fast Becoming An Unproductive State? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2013
asha 80: i hope education got a facelift under chime because the feelers i am getting is not encouraging....i also wonder if nsukka masterplan has been drawn let alone implementation.
Public education is DEAD in Enugu. I pity the very poor who have no other option but to put their kids in those places. That is one area I'm not impressed about in Enugu State. I heard the governor gave them buses recently but that is too little. The governor and those around him must be told to do more in education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Could This Be True About Ojukwu In Abidjan / The Only Country In The World Where Muslims Want To Live With Xtians By Force. / Nigerian Soldiers In Uniform Drinking Beer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.