Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - (25483 Views)

Justine Sacco Issues Apology After Being Fired For Tweet On AIDS In Africa / Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). / What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by TerryCarr(m): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Cykik: "Am going to america, hope i don't get cancers and tumors"
that's china your talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRkax6WUwQ

1 Like

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by solidman59(m): 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
please does anyone know if she's been sacked?? Thank you.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by SmileyQueen(f): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
She said that she doesn't wanna get AIDS; well that means she is a *LovePeddler BITCH * she's here to taste the strength of african men on bed...... Slut wanna have some fun.

1 Like

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Naijamericana: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
"...But the human tongue is a beast that few can master. It strains constantly to break out of its cage, and if it is not tamed, it will turn wild and cause you grief."

-- 48 Laws of Power
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
SmileyQueen«»:
She said that she doesn't wanna get AIDS; well that means she is a *LovePeddler BITCH * she's here to taste the strength of african men on bed...... Slut wanna have some fun.
Does that mean the 25% South Africans living with HIV/AIDS are lovepeddlers?

1 Like

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Seun(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
I feel sorry for her. She was probably drunk when she posted the harmless thing. I hope she can communicate her way out of this giant mess.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Naijamericana: 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
solidman59: please does anyone know if she's been sacked?? Thank you.

Yes, she has been sacked and is hiding in South Africa. How ironic she is taking refuge in Africa. She dare not return to America.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Seun(m): 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
Naijamericana: Yes, she has been sacked and is hiding in South Africa. How ironic she is taking refuge in Africa. She dare not return to America.
I think she's safer in America. She could literally get AIDS in South Africa if she doesn't take refuge in the right areas. I think she's just being punished for having the temerity to say out loud what many others are thinking while being female and pretty. And being bad at her job too.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Naijamericana: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
anonimi:

How would you classify the ONGOING war of deprivation by the Arabs against Africans in the Darfur area of Sudan?

The facts on the ground prove otherwise in Ilorin and the north of Nigeria based on Fulani conquest of their land.

You seem to have forgotten that as RECENTLY as 70 years ago (1943) the whites were fighting a very deadly, genocidal World War 2, among themselves, which the Germans lost.

BTW, why can't we have black supremacy
I get it- because we do NOT have the capacity to DOMINATE others!
Or do you think otherwise

Black supremacy Dont be funny bros, it takes organization and a willingless to die for a cause to assume supremacy. Africans are not well organized. And as for dying, well thats a different story.

The third reich was well organized, have you watched old nazi propaganda films? Everything from preparing to go to war and the concentration camps where planned to the last detail. They truly believed in what they where doing was "right."

What Africa needs is revolution. We need to show other people that they cant treat us with disrespect and get away with it.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by lezz(m): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
Krasid: What an ignorant I.M.B.E.C.I.L.E
correct!
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by stagger: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
Seun: I think she's safer in America. She could literally get AIDS in South Africa if she doesn't take refuge in the right areas. I think she's just being punished for having the temerity to say out loud what many others are thinking while being female and pretty. And being bad at her job too.

This is a load of BS. What are you talking?

5 Likes

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by TerryCarr(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
all4naija: Does that mean the 25% South Africans living with HIV/AIDS are lovepeddlers?
its about 16%
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
unmask: am I the only one that saw "just kidding"?.....anyways I am off to benue, I hope I remain AIDS free.....and I aint kidding

you are a living silly bigot.. your father and mother should both be hanged for conceiving you..just kidding.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Seun(m): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
When rich & powerful old men do racist things, we keep quiet, but when someone harmless & vulnerable makes a dumb joke, we go crazy. We're attacking her not because she deserves it but because it is easier to attack some lady than to attack the racists doing real damage.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
TerryCarr:
its about 16%
The adults living with HIV/AIDS in South Africa excluding children is 17.3%(5.8 million people) with a prevalent rate of 0.3% as at 2011. Just do the math in two years . Source
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by UDbester(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
Justine sacco ~ just sacked
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Naijamericana: 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
stagger:

This is a load of BS. What are you talking?

He is an uncle tom

2 Likes

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by osystein(m): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
I guess she wanted to say malaria, than she thought oops, south Africa does have that, she than thought of AIDS.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by cap28: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Seun: I think she's safer in America. She could literally get AIDS in South Africa if she doesn't take refuge in the right areas. I think she's just being punished for having the temerity to say out loud what many others are thinking while being female and pretty. And being bad at her job too.

Have you engaged your brain yet?

Don't ever make the above statement in the presence of a white person.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by osystein(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
all4naija: The adults living with HIV/AIDS in South Africa excluding children is 17.3%(5.8 million people) with a prevalent rate of 0.3% as at 2011. Just do the math in two years . Source

What are you on about? Do you know what you just wrote or are you just trying to sound smart? and what is prevalent rate of 0.3%?
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by cap28: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Naijamericana:

Black supremacy Dont be funny bros, it takes organization and a willingless to die for a cause to assume supremacy. Africans are not well organized. And as for dying, well thats a different story.

The third reich was well organized, have you watched old nazi propaganda films? Everything from preparing to go to war and the concentration camps where planned to the last detail. They truly believed in what they where doing was "right."

What Africa needs is revolution. We need to show other people that they cant treat us with disrespect and get away with it.

stop talking rubbish didn't former black African slaves in Haiti defeat the French, british and Spanish and emancipate themselves from slavery?
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by cap28: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Naijamericana:

Zulu defeat of British:

The Battle of Isandlwana on 22 January 1879 was the first major encounter in the Anglo–Zulu War between the British Empire and the Zulu Kingdom. Eleven days after the British commenced their invasion of Zululand in South Africa, a Zulu force of some 20,000 warriors attacked a portion of the British main column consisting of about 1,800 British, colonial and native troops and perhaps 400 civilians.[12] The Zulus were equipped mainly with the traditional assegai iron spears and cow-hide shields,[13] but also had a number of muskets and old rifles[14] though they were not formally trained in their use.[15] The British and colonial troops were armed with the state-of-the-art[16] Martini-Henry breech-loading rifle and two 7 pounder artillery pieces as well as a rocket battery. Despite a vast disadvantage in weapons technology,[17] the numerically superior Zulus ultimately overwhelmed the poorly led and badly deployed[18] British, killing over 1,300 troops, including all those out on the forward firing line. The Zulu army suffered around a thousand killed.[19]

The battle was a decisive victory for the Zulus and caused the defeat of the first British invasion of Zululand.[20] The British Army had suffered its worst defeat against a technologically inferior indigenous force.[21] Isandlwana resulted in the British taking a much more aggressive approach in the Anglo–Zulu War, leading to a heavily reinforced second invasion[22] and the destruction of King Cetshwayo's hopes of a negotiated peace.[23]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Isandlwana
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Dhurmynick(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2013

Seriously man... You should go for being a comedian . #ThumbsUp
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Dhurmynick(m): 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
cap28:

Have you engaged your brain yet?

Don't ever make the above statement in the presence of a white person.

I don't know if this post should be hidden or left alone.

Learn to treat your bosses with respect.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by andyanders: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
One cannot control an animal hence that comment. It is just because of the way Africans see themselves that has given a rotten banana the gut to vomit on twither.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by gothrones(m): 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Seun: I feel sorry for her. She was probably drunk when she posted the harmless thing. I hope she can communicate her way out of this giant mess.

I doubt she was. Before she closed her account, I read her previous tweets and there were so many instances of bigoted statements.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by ignis: 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Seun: When rich & powerful old men do racist things, we keep quiet, but when someone harmless & vulnerable makes a dumb joke, we go crazy. We're attacking her not because she deserves it but because it is easier to attack some lady than to attack the racists doing real damage.
You call it a dumb joke....
I call it a very expensive joke....
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
I actually feel sorry for her. It's a reckless comment but it was an attempt at a bad joke. She said what every white person thinks but may not express verbally. I have forums where I interact with foreigners and we have racist banter for the fun of it, having digs at each other's culture and socio-political issues. Sadly, we live in a social media age of overreactions and online bullying.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Naijamericana: 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527913/Justine-Sacco-tweet-Going-Africa-Hope-I-dont-AIDS-causes-Twitter-outrage.html

Apparently she was on a work visa in America. She should stay in SA, we dont need her in the states. I am sure we can find someone else to replace her.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
Seun: When rich & powerful old men do racist things, we keep quiet, but when someone harmless & vulnerable makes a dumb joke, we go crazy. We're attacking her not because she deserves it but because it is easier to attack some lady than to attack the racists doing real damage.
Her father is Desmond Sacco, a billionaire SA mining magnate with ties to the old apartheid regime so she certainly is not vulnerable ....also most of her previous online posts also featured subtle racist or inappropriate comments, either way the twitter lynching/mob action was a bit too much, she certainly has learned her lessons
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by richardoz(m): 9:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
i love those arguments between cap and anonimi most.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by morpheus24: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
emk4lif:
Her father is Desmond Sacco, a billionaire SA mining magnate with ties to the old apartheid regime so she certainly is not vulnerable ....also most of her previous online posts also featured subtle racist or inappropriate comments, either way the twitter lynching/mob action was a bit too much, she certainly has learned her lessons

explains a lot about the tweet.

typical Afrikaner mind set.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biden Draws ‘red Line’ For Benjamin Netanyahu: No Israeli Attack On Rafah / Typhoon Nanmadol Slams Japan ( Pics, Video) / Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.