Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:45 PM

Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - (25874 Views)

Justine Sacco Issues Apology After Being Fired For Tweet On AIDS In Africa / Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). / What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by SHAAWA: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
Don't worry you will do just fine as you don't even have what it takes for
our men to look twice your side. Take your sexual adventures elsewhere,
Africans don't engage in sex tourism.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Ishilove: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
safarigirl: She was on her way to South Africa. The woman had a history of tweeting racist, insultive comments. One of her tweets goes: "As I eat this bagel of lox, I remember those starving jews #hungryhungryhebrews" as they say, everyday for the d.umb, racist biyatch, one day for the victims. This was the last straw, the babe will never get another job- except the KKK starts recruiting
Her father is a billionaire. She probably has a trustfund tied somewhere so even if she never gets a job, she will always be comfortable.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by ignis: 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hassanjj: (T.F.U) tunder fire u there.. Who needs u in Africa?
Guy, take it easy...
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
lomaxx: A US public relations executive has provoked a storm of online protest for writing a Twitter comment about Aids
in Africa.

Justine Sacco, who works for the media company InterActiveCorp (IAC), wrote: "Going to Africa. Hope I don't get Aids. Just kidding. I'm white!"

Ms Sacco's account has now been deleted. IAC responded by saying the "outrageous, offensive comment" did not reflect the company's views and values. Unfortunately, the employee in question is unreachable on an international flight, but this is a very serious matter and we are taking appropriate action," the IAC said in a statement to the media blog Valleywag.

IAC is the parent company of About.com, Ask.com, CollegeHumour, Match.com, OkCupid, The Daily Beast, Dictionary.com, Vimeo, and BlackPeopleMeet.com, a dating site for African-Americans.

Source: BBC

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25475862
She's obviously comin 2 open her legs, hence her fear

1 Like

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Thats a silly and costly statement. But when you think that most politicians and money bags in Africa cant go to bed in their Hotel suites with not less than 2 or 3 girls, you then realise her fear.
Dt means she's comin 2 sleep wit African politicians rite?
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by pembisco(m): 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
lomaxx:

Their oncologists will take good care of you grin
GO AND DIE!
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by delors(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
Person wey I don finish for twitter...now she knows Ignorance is actually a disease, not AIDS! Typical of Americans, 'act first, think later'
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
Shes no longer coming to africa, she has been sacked.

Source
www..com.ng/index.php?topic=144.0
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Tenison96:

They prefer bleaching threads!
Or more useless ones
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by logica(m): 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ishilove:
Her father is a billionaire. She probably has a trustfund tied somewhere so even if she never gets a job, she will always be comfortable.

Some information on social media said he was identified as Desmond Sacco, a South African mining billionaire, but this is apparently not true.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/happened-internet-took-justine-sacco-172804638.html
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by logica(m): 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
screenagerjoe: Shes no longer coming to africa, she has been sacked.

Source
www..com.ng/index.php?topic=144.0

She actually did arrive; but must have been informed of her job status on arrival. grin

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Mopolchi: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
All that has occurred to Justine Sacco seems to be a self-fulfilling ironic prophecy. See what she tweeted on 30th of January, 2013: http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/12/20/justinetweet2.jpg
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
lomaxx: A US public relations executive has provoked a storm of online protest for writing a Twitter comment about Aids
in Africa.

Justine Sacco, who works for the media company InterActiveCorp (IAC), wrote: "Going to Africa. Hope I don't get Aids. Just kidding. I'm white!"

Ms Sacco's account has now been deleted. IAC responded by saying the "outrageous, offensive comment" did not reflect the company's views and values. Unfortunately, the employee in question is unreachable on an international flight, but this is a very serious matter and we are taking appropriate action," the IAC said in a statement to the media blog Valleywag.

IAC is the parent company of About.com, Ask.com, CollegeHumour, Match.com, OkCupid, The Daily Beast, Dictionary.com, Vimeo, and BlackPeopleMeet.com, a dating site for African-Americans.

Source: BBC

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25475862
And she's actually my friend on facebook.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by gbadexy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
But why is hiv prevalent in africa despite the wayward ways of the white like swinging, public nudity, group sex, higher drug usage etc.
I don't doubt the virus is much in africa but maybe the thing has been modified in the lab to infect blacks only with new strain being discovered in west africa.

1 Like

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: Nigerians stop killing yourselves over nothing, she was going to South Africa when she said that. Let the South Africans cry over it.
If she was on her way to Nigeria before that tweet, they would probably be laughing at us.
She said Africa nt s/africa so make we al fire her
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Mopolchi: 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
For any looking to have a full gist of Sacco's trip to Africa. Read this feed: http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/this-is-how-a-womans-offensive-tweet-became-the-worlds-top-s?s=mobile
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by cap28: 2:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
The sooner the black south Africans nationalise those gold and diamond mines in their country the better.

Let me see how this racist who.re will get the mouth to insult black Africans when her father's stolen wealth evaporates into thin air.

Mugabe did the right thing when he took back the stolen land and redistributed it to the rightful owners.

You steal from me and get rich off my god given resources and then you turn around to insult me, I don't blame you.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Thomsbuky(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sorry don't like using swearing word. Evil bitch forgotten their permissive life styles help spreading aids in African and worldwide. White Homo, pedophile and aids carier travelling to poorer African countries like Malawi, Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Malaysia and Philippines paying local for sex, meanwhile infecting and spreading aids in all these countries. She forgotten that research shows evil conniving mad western scientist spread aids in african through infection of monkey colonies group they are researching, local get infected via food chain web scenario.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Mopolchi: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Even the organisation- Aid For Africa, has colonized her name as a web domain - www.justinesacco.com for seeking donation for fighting AIDS in Africa. Read the pdf file below.

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by safarigirl(f): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ishilove:
yeah, heard her dad even supported apartheid and got part of his wealth from there, figures. She may die rich, but I hope she dies of something like cancer, and I hope she dies alone. A slow, agonizing death is what befits such people, God forgive me
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by anonimi: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
gbadexy: But why is hiv prevalent in africa despite the wayward ways of the white like swinging, public nudity, group sex, higher drug usage etc.
I don't doubt the virus is much in africa but maybe the thing has been modified in the lab to infect blacks only with new strain being discovered in west africa.

It is thought process like the one expressed above that makes other races think we blacks are sub-humans of the Missing Link despite scientific evidence that our average IQ is the same as those of other races.
I will advice you to get ADEQUATE knowledge on any subject BEFORE you express an opinion thereon.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by makahlj2: 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
I don't think this woman is evil, she is just very stoopid.

1 Like

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by anonimi: 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
cap28: The sooner the black south Africans nationalise those gold and diamond mines in their country the better.

Let me see how this racist who.re will get the mouth to insult black Africans when her father's stolen wealth evaporates into thin air.

Mugabe did the right thing when he took back the stolen land and redistributed it to the rightful owners.

You steal from me and get rich off my god given resources and then you turn around to insult me, I don't blame you.

And Mugabe has been BEGGING those who represent the people he took back the land from to free his country from sanctions. Is it not very foolish that you act WITHOUT pragmatism as if you are an island
BTW who told you the new owners are the rightful owners of the land

I guess you will have no problem if the land in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt and other metropolitan cities are taken from the "non-indigenes" aka "settlers" and given to the "rightful owners", abi nor be so angry shocked
You may want to find out how your people in your village came to where they are now and claim to be rightful owners thereof lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by c0llynz02: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Charlesamino:
She said Africa nt s/africa so make we al fire her
It doesn't matter, if she was on the way to Nigeria before making that statement, the general reaction would have been how Nigeria has brought disgrace to Africa.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by cap28: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
anonimi:

And Mugabe has been BEGGING those who represent the people he took back the land from to free his country from sanctions. Is it not very foolish that you act WITHOUT pragmatism as if you are an island

I guess you will have no problem if the land in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt and other metropolitan cities are taken from the "non-indigenes" aka "settlers" and given to the "rightful owners", abi nor be so angry shocked
You may want to find out how your people in your village came to where they are now and claim to be rightful owners thereof lipsrsealed

Your way of reasoning is mind boggling - instead of CONDEMNING the US/EU who imposed sanctions unjustly on Zimbabwe you are actually mocking the victims of those sanctions - is something wrong with you?

Its like me taking back my stolen watch from you and you turning around to ban anyone from doing any kind of business with me for simply exercising my right to get back my stolen watch - JEEZ SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THE MIND OF MANY AFRICANS IF THIS IS THE WAY WE THINK.

if black Zimbabweans are not the rightful owners who are the rightful owners the white Europeans who murdered, rap.d and burnt the homes of the indigenous people in order to get hold of the land?

are the occupants of land in Abuja, lagos and port Harcourt white Europeans ? are they not Nigerians - WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

CAN YOU GO TO ANY VILLAGE IN THE UK kill the occupants, ra.pe the women, burn down their houses and set up a black only settlement there - TRY IT IF YOU WANT TO COMMITT SUICIDE!!

4 Likes

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by safarigirl(f): 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
anonimi:

who has Mugabe been begging? Can you present evidence to support your claim? The whites in Zimbabwe took land belonging to blacks FORCEFULLY and ILLEGALLY. If I get legal documents to open a shop in Lagos despite not being from there, how can you kick me out? All land belongs to the GOVERNMENT, not to any indigene, you can't buy land from the indigene, you buy from the government. Your logic is flawed
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by logica(m): 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
Once again...

Some information on social media said he was identified as Desmond Sacco, a South African mining billionaire, but this is apparently not true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Greece Wildfire– Thousands Evacuated As Out Of Control Blaze Engulfs Homes(Pix) / Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion / Ukrainian Forces Recapture Trostyanets, Poltavka And Malyniv From Russian Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.