Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - (25486 Views)

Justine Sacco Issues Apology After Being Fired For Tweet On AIDS In Africa / Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc). / What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by adegwurulez(m): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Aint we nigerians hypocritical? I am from benue and i know the kind of remarks we received when benue was ranked 1st in hiv prevalence. People made worse jokes.

I remember when a forumite here was posted to benue for nysc and he opened a thread asking for advise on how to prevent getting infected by benue girls. You needed to see the advice people where giving.

"Dont even near benue girls" "double your condom" et al.
And now we want to cast the first stone on someone else? sacco sure deserved what she got but most of us aint different.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by chrissy3(m): 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
wallflower:

No one, it originated right here in west Africa, it was transmitted from chimpanzees to humans.

Read a book.
that's the wrong information people have about it but really it was created by humans to reduce population.Dr robert gallo was the chief heinsman and the goal is to cut population just like how thr georgian guard stone read 'reduce world population from 7b to 500million asap'.what's disturbing is that hiv seems to have its strongest strain in africa and some caucasians are immune to the virus.make you wonder the sinister plan that been maped out against the black.africa needs to work together and get advanced beyond word or else we wud wake up one morning and we would be attacked.I don't trust whites.

2 Likes

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by icycoolmik: 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
...people say a lot of nice things about Africa. Why do we make it a point to publicize the hurtful ones?
The statement should have at best, been ignored. Not tweeted and re-tweeted. And given world wide publicity.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by DCONE1(m): 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
Seun: When rich & powerful old men do racist things, we keep quiet, but when someone harmless & vulnerable makes a dumb joke, we go crazy. We're attacking her not because she deserves it but because it is easier to attack some lady than to attack the racists doing real damage.
are trying to say that we should also keep our mouth shut because shes a dumb lady....so we should continue keeping quite when people mis-yarn?
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by osystein(m): 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
all4naija:

Stop being childish and capitalizing on the grammatical use of the word in question. This is a public forum where anybody is likely to make mistake with spellings, grammatical errors and so on. As long as the reference is clear enough it good to go with. That is, take the reference to mean what is the actual meaning of the word. Please! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed .Keep dwelling on PREVALENT as in PREVALENCE for the case in question. It doesn't change the subject of the matter.

Yes, the prevalence rate for SA is 18.10% to say. Sorry, I mistake the Nigerian prevalence rate for your country. Nevertheless, it is clear your country is even far worse that the USAID report looking at that. That is about 9.1 million of your total population.Indeed, This your inquisition has finally helped us to see that it is even a worse case scenario. Source

Thank you for nothing.

Dude, i've been studying the HIV crises in Africa, hence i took interest in your dumb comments and incorrect sts. I can tell that you're still clueless, all the links you gave including the current one state a figure of 5,6million yet you're still throwing your own incorrect figures. Do you know anything about the epidemiology of HIV?
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by fra84n20(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
I guess its been long she got a good beating!
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
osystein:

Dude, i've been studying the HIV crises in Africa, hence i took interest in your dumb comments and incorrect sts. I can tell that you're still clueless, all the links you gave including the current one state a figure of 5,6million yet you're still throwing your own incorrect figures. Do you know anything about the epidemiology of HIV?
I am not interested in your research activity. All I am interested in is for you to prove your point and explain how you arrived at that number. In my understanding you only want us to accept the 16% as the right figure which is not.

Oh,please! What a layman excuse. The Wikipedia writer states 18.10% in the source I posted earlier. 18.10% of 50 million population gives the figure I presented to you earlier. I don't know why you cannot agree with a clear statistic like that one.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by ibullem(m): 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
cap28:

Your way of reasoning is mind boggling - instead of CONDEMNING the US/EU who imposed sanctions unjustly on Zimbabwe you are actually mocking the victims of those sanctions - is something wrong with you?

Its like me taking back my stolen watch from you and you turning around to ban anyone from doing any kind of business with me for simply exercising my right to get back my stolen watch - JEEZ SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THE MIND OF MANY AFRICANS IF THIS IS THE WAY WE THINK.

if black Zimbabweans are not the rightful owners who are the rightful owners the white Europeans who murdered, rap.d and burnt the homes of the indigenous people in order to get hold of the land?

are the occupants of land in Abuja, lagos and port Harcourt white Europeans ? are they not Nigerians - WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

CAN YOU GO TO ANY VILLAGE IN THE UK kill the occupants, ra.pe the women, burn down their houses and set up a black only settlement there - TRY IT IF YOU WANT TO COMMITT SUICIDE!!

I guess u think u are making sense, Sorry u are not.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by cap28: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
ibullem:

I guess u think u are making sense, Sorry u are not.

explain?
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
sweetcheecks: [s][/s]

Uthetha amasimba, as always. Get over your obsession and face your stinking miserable life. Its the festive season we need a break from cursing you, please go get your blowup doll and get busy.Geeez what a pest!

You know me so well that I can be insulting at times when faced with wrong accusations ! Don't you even go there because you will hate why you ever dare me with abusive approaches. I still want to remain modest in my approach to you for the simple reason you are a woman. You need to start behaving like one.

Thank you
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by rafcrown(m): 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
PERSONAL NON GRATA
UNINVITED VISITOR
ARE YOU COMING TO ENJOY YOURSELF OR WHY ARE U AFRAID OF AIDS
ARE U A RACIST? YES
I AM BLACK AND PROUD
SAY NO TO RACISM
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by igbo2011(m): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
cap28:

explain?

Sorry cap28 if you haven' noticed most Africans are the most brainwashed lo self esteem having people on the planet. Brainwashed by media, religion and schools. Most are not in their right minds.

1 Like

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Naijamericana: 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sometimes, the most racist ones secretly lust after dark chocolate...you never know! tongue
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by sweetcheecks(f): 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
all4naija:

You know me so well that I can be insulting at times when faced with wrong accusations ! Don't you even go there because you will hate why you ever dare me with abusive approaches. I still want to remain modest in my approach to you for the simple reason you are a woman. You need to start behaving like one.

Thank you

Are you beatch? You seriously beatchin here. There I said it now what? Biatch!!! We are tired of you madness! Fff, yu again I say. Whatchu gonna do? I am my own woman biatch! Now what? Your obsession is sic! We are tired of entertaining your madness! i do not need your effing modesty while talking sh***t about my country and us. Now what Biatch? What?
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by osystein(m): 12:13am On Dec 24, 2013
all4naija:
I am not interested in your research activity. All I am interested in is for you to prove your point and explain how you arrived at that number. In my understanding you only want us to accept the 16% as the right figure which is not.

Oh,please! What a layman excuse. The Wikipedia writer states 18.10% in the source I posted earlier. 18.10% of 50 million population gives the figure I presented to you earlier. I don't know why you cannot agree with a clear statistic like that one.

he he.. Forget I ever replied to you.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by osystein(m): 12:17am On Dec 24, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Are you beatch? You seriously beatchin here. There I said it now what? Biatch!!! We are tired of you madness! Fff, yu again I say. Whatchu gonna do? I am my own woman biatch! Now what? Your obsession is sic! We are tired of entertaining your madness! i do not need your effing modesty while talking sh***t about my country and us. Now what Biatch? What?

sister, I think you should ignore that one, that's a first class olodo.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by SmileyQueen(f): 1:23am On Dec 24, 2013
all4naija Does that mean the 25% South Africans living with HIV/AIDS are lovepeddlers?

I don't no.... I guess she doesn't wanna get caught or have any regrets 4 life for comin to africa because I think she was convinced to come..... Moreover she's from south africa
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 24, 2013
osystein:

he he.. Forget I ever replied to you.
You possibly forgot because you have no argument there! Bwahaha... ZULU!
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 24, 2013
Isn't it true that South Africa has the world worst cases of HIV/AIDS? I don't know why people have to castigate the woman for jokingly saying the truth about South Africa that keeps disgracing Africa!
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2013
Lol Americans, I'm reminded of these funny images.

Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 24, 2013
all4naija: Isn't it true that South Africa has the world worst cases of HIV/AIDS? I don't know why people have to castigate the woman for jokingly saying the truth about South Africa that keeps disgracing Africa!

Bwahahaha, This guy is still on with his anti-SA crusade, and you do know that SA has the lowest infection rate in africa while nigeria has the highest in the world, and there's the embarrassing polio, yellow fever, kidnapping and cannibalism tltltltl. grin grin who's desgracing who? grin grin

anyway my zulu master, enjoy your christmas, and try not to think of SA.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2013

This is what the 'Rainbow nation' has to offer us at their beach! It is refreshing to see how they are displaying their women big bootays as though we want them. Bwahaha... This is the nation of promiscuity indeed.
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Z3tdee: Lol Americans, I'm reminded of these funny images.

Doesn't that photo represent the opposite of reality that SA has the world worst HIV/AIDS cases?! Bwahaha...

This is an attempt for you to have self-confidence yet it is done wrongly, if you ask me though.

Thank you
Re: Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Z3tdee:

Bwahahaha, This guy is still on with his anti-SA crusade, and you do know that SA has the lowest infection rate in africa while nigeria has the highest in the world, and there's the embarrassing polio, yellow fever, kidnapping and cannibalism tltltltl. grin grin who's desgracing who? grin grin

anyway my zulu master, enjoy your christmas, and try not to think of SA.

I am not pointing to you. Relax, dude.I know you can debate. So lets do that as civilized people here. Let's speak about the topic and the reason why this lady has to be so much concerned about her health in Africa all rather SA of all places. You would agree with me that it is out of fear of the condition of thing she has seen on TV about SA HIV/AIDS that really made her to tweet that way.

Jeez! I never said Nigeria doesn't have it bad sides but people are not trumpeting to the world to be African most-developed nation, that is supposed to be civilized and organized. The reverse is always the case for your country. It is annoying to be seeing your country keeps letting the continent down even with all the potentials the people claimed to have. Please!!!

And, one thing, I am not primitive Zulu and I don't want to be called Zulu master.

Merry Christmas to you. I am Atheist though!

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Typhoon Nanmadol Slams Japan ( Pics, Video) / Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel / Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.