Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi (18577 Views)

One For The Master And One For The Boy By Flow1759 #mobilebookshelfwaw / The Legend Of The S.A.I.N.T.S - An MSSE©2014 Fictional Work / Legend Of A Hustler - A Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by Artless360(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hmmm me slf go com do write up
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by CallMeFemi(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by CallMeFemi(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
247cheapgadgets: You dey try my guy.. Easy on d political jokes o.. B4 you see yourself for real prison..

Noted boss... Thanks
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by Odward(m): 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lol,so much love dis nollywood drama........abi shey na story ;DLol,so much love dis nollywood drama........abi shey na story abeg continue sharply
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by Trendytessy(f): 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Let me just drop a comment.

Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by CallMeFemi(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lemme drop an update...

TYPING...
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by Sike(m): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
Subscribed!
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by ch4gas(m): 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
very nice...cant stop laughing...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. You are really good...the jargons made me laugh because i wanted to see wat an ikotun boi did but i ended up laughing my ass out because am an ikotun guy...Nice one thumbs up...so creative and humorous ....Nice piece ...Weldone wink
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by tosin7a(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
U dy try o..oya wey ma bread nd beans
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by Charbless(m): 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
U try! But MTN try pass U. Make our OGA's @ d top no catch u ooh, if not! Junior won't save ur smilling ass
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by Revolva(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
grin grin grin who cares abut ikotun.i hate that area of lagos..very local
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by CallMeFemi(m): 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
The Cafe grew silent all of a sudden which frightened me a little, I stole a glance at Nonso couldn't find him on his system. I saw him running out of the cafe through the back door.
I couldn't help but laugh at his action.

Well I got really scared after that, then I turned expecting to see another officer Emeka akunaka, or maybe his allotrope, but I was dissapointed and wasn't dissapointed at the same time from what I saw.

I was dissapointed cos I who I saw wasn't the officer or any of his allotropes,
And I wasn't dissapointed cos who I saw was worth the attention.

Her hair was dazzling, her eyes were so sexy, her skin so fresh, she was so beautiful. That I thought she wasn't real.

Boys were already drooling over her, and so I was also, I knew I must have her...but the problem was how. (abeg slap anybody that says love at first sight doesn't exist)

She ordered for a ticket (cafe time) chose a computer. And got to work. My trademark P6 brain also got to work, cos of all my qualities I'm super shy whenever a woman is involved.

Luck smiled on me...

She logged into her Facebook account, by now most guys who were trying to get her attention were already giving up, Nonso was no where to be found also. As a sharp boy I copied her username, searched her up and found her profile in a jiffy.

Sent a request, she accepted almost immediately (dnt ask me aw I did it,una suppose fear fine boy na, that's y I no wan upload 4 NL, dem ishilove go jus dey tweep ni).. I couldn't believe it but I knew I was already a step ahead of my peers.

I sent her a message
'Hey bby pls tell the angels in heaven to stop worrying that you are safe with me'

She replied:
'Dry pickup line!!!'

I couldn't believe my eyes, at this point you can call me OJB cos my liver failed me. I couldn't bring myself to continue the conversation.
'Bone, how babe go they fall my hand'. I thought
My liver was good again.. So I sent her another.

'LOL!, yeah yeah tellme something I don't know, but I'm gonna tell you something you already know...one word 'BREATHTAKING' I know its so cliche but its the truth'

I hoped for the worst but she was like

'Really? smiley'

'Let's do this face to face, e-meetings aren't so cool you know?' ...I texted

'Really where are you?'

'Just Turn around' ...suddenly my 'Nepa' liver ceased power, my heartbeat was so loud now that I was sure olamide could freestyle to it.
As she turned..
I flashed my trademark smile, (the smile that got me the closeup contract)
I was still on a High blood pressure but she returned the gesture... And we both blushed..

The devil appeared on my left shoulder and was like 'Guy you be Foo'l see as you dey smile like goat wey them burn, if they born you well don't bleep dis girl...mtchewww dullung boy'...
An angel came to my rescue or so I thought 'Sam flee from every appearance of evil... A word is enough for the wise'... I was confused
None of them encouraged me to fall inlove with her, maybe she wasn't wonderwoman afterall...

I was deep in thoughts when she tapped me bringing me back to reality...
I came back to discover that I was still smiling at her... I felt embarrassed and ashamed of myself. Its a horrible feeling, I'm pray yall never feel this way in your life...
But her smile was refreshing and reassuring... I saw the other guys were either jelous, confused or more jelous, who gives a bleep, I'm loving this moment...
'You look far beautiful in the physical bby' I said.
She blushed while I was feeling ontop of the world.
'Hey baby I'm Samuel, my malaysian friends call me psalmurai'
'I'm eniola and I've got no friends'
'No friends?? Why??' I inquired.
'I'll tell you why you GreatFool!' A deep voice said tapping me from behind..

Idc make I go find beans buy!! grin
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by CallMeFemi(m): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
@ revolva ...you gats rep your hood na...

@tosin7a ...come that togo woman wey dey abogunloko side tell her say Samuel talk make you collet beans 60, bread 80, 1 big coke, 2 pure water and 2 kpomo....grin

@charbless y u tawk use Mtn compare me na, atleast m more consistent then they r...abi??

@trendy tessy yu wicked o...out of eerthang I wrote na '.' U c comment...well atleast u commented

@odward this aint no nollywood story...this is an ikotwood story..*winks

@adegwurulez ...thanks bruv.
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by Uthman51(m): 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Keep it up bro....
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by larride(m): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nice one brova.
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by MachineX(m): 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2013

MachineX-WAS-HERE

Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by cannonnier(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
keke tsaya nan yayi.

***folo-win***
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by adadadon(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
CallMeFemi: This is John Champion and Jim becklin... Yes this is the world cup final between Nigeria and Netherlands. Its 88 min with Netherlands leading 2 goals to one 1...

And its a corner to the Netherlands, great clearance from omeruo; Samuel with the ball ...its him against 6 defenders, what can he do... He's beaten 3 players, the defense is left with 3 defenders...

Woah!! He beats heitinga, beays strootman and Vlaar is the last defender to beat... Yes Samuel has beaten them...
Yeee!!! ...its him against the goalie!! GOAL!!! Samuel equalizes!!

With less than a minute more. Its a free kick to Nigeria...and its Samuel to take it ...

Yes I can do it... This is my time... Netherland papa... Suddenly I felt Someone Slapping my back...

KPA!!! KPA!!! KPA!!!

''Brother Samuel daddy said you should come for devotion o'' Paul my Younger brother said.

'Oooh wich kin nonsense b dis now ...when I wan make history'

'Woh tell daddy say I dey come jhor'...

...........To be continued

dude its Jim beglin
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by CallMeFemi(m): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by CallMeFemi(m): 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
After Dinner... I suppose update o...but arsenal vs Chelsea dey play!! cheesy I gats wash mash o!! Sorry I gats hear match... 88.9 or 99.3 loading.... So no update today sorry...

signing out ....

@ adadadon ........modifed in a bit......yeah done!! Thanx bruv
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by MightyFortress: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Testing
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by Numerouuuno: 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Oops! i thought this was going to be another prison tale with the Epilogue.
Nice story,I'm definitely following this.
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by illgreen(m): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
I don't need a prophet to tell me u rap... Dope use of english combined with piggin, similies, metaphors nd most of all, i can relate to ur story... Nuckles my niqqa.
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by ch4gas(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Go and hug a transformer in your area guy...go and die if you hate ikotun...i rep my hood even if am not there...i have people there and they are representing everywhere*** Learned and exposed...Good work Femi...at least this dude talking about hating ikotun and saying its local is living in a slum at VI...lol that's why he is saying rubbish....FIRE ON FemoooOO
Revolva: grin grin grin who cares abut ikotun.i hate that area of lagos..very local
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by demsid(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
I dey feel u jare padi mi. We are proud of our area ikotunboys sureboys

1 Like

Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by fijiano202(m): 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Firstly you started brightly i will give you that but you lost ur plot along the story.The humor in ur write-up is too much,u ought to reduce it and also starting from ur prison experience to pen-down its really disguisting and unlaudable,u lost it immediately after laughing at Nonso,you need to be more creative with ur setup,i know its meant to be a funny story but ur lines are inconsistent,how can a strict father leave u in a cell for a week? why will the cult/robbery attack occur almost the same time with ur release in a fiction? try to imagine this as a movie,its too nollywood,i thought u wanted to use the angle of u not knowing nonso hack a badguy Mtcn or stuff and they came to settle the scores or something.As a first timer kudos to u,i hope u do better next time

2 Likes

Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by hero10(m): 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
bro which side u dey stay for ikotun? i rep liasu road
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by KingzPen(m): 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
It's not easy to write, that's for sure especially when it's your first.

I commend your courage to write and I must say, I really enjoyed your story.

First, watch out for your simile, they make your story strong and interesting so be more creative with them. Don't just drop what's on your mind, think before you drop it and don't use it wrongly. Eg You wrote, 'he was crying like Dagrin's mother.' That's quite offensive. You can try something like this: He cried like a child who lost his fees. That's much better because no finger pointing...

Secondly, be mindful of how you use celebrities in your writeup. They can sue you for dragging their names in the mud. Eg You mentioned, OBJ and TB Joshua. Instead of mentioning their names or nicknames, you can stylishly describe them, and that would also task the brain of your readers.

Thirdly, don't get carried away. Be focused and pass the message right inspite of the jokes you throw along the line.

Lastly, You Are A Good Writer. Keep The Flag Flying...

3 Likes

Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by ebukav(m): 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
At dis point is were u shout see gobe. Cause e don be for u
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by hollajay(m): 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
lovin dis...keep it up , followin dis to d end... i rep ikt
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by tosin7a(m): 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nice write up ...bt b careful wit d way u use celebs names..kip workin hard
Re: Legend Of An Ikotun Boy By Callmefemi by wman(m): 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
Abogunloko, Aina, Ayanwale, Oluwaseun, Asejere, Gafaru.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Grace Ifeoma Adichie Dies! Chimamanda’s Mother Is Dead / Slay Queen / Anyigba Thief - A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.