Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,288 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG (20782 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m / Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by ogayor: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense.

You are a funny species, most times we Nigerian expect or rather advocate for good policies from our leaders. unfortunately, whenever these leaders take some policy initiatives, we instantly kill it with premonitions. My question is, do we really know what we want as a nation?

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Dewze(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I'm sorry you reached the conclusion that I hate GEJ because of my post, but you jumped into that conclusion out of ignorance. Making brand new cars affordable at N1 - N1.2million is obviously a good thing. My objection is to what the FG wants to do to make it happen. Please read my post here for perspective.

you called the cars that will be produced a death trap, now you are here saying another thing. Which way bro?

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Dewze(m): 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense.

Guy, let the cars come first, afterwards we can compel the Govt official to use them. That is what is truly called 'progressive', that is, from one achievement to another.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Freiburger(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Even if na 1 naira i nor buy cheesy
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by chi4ik(m): 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
jamace: OP, it seems you are a natural hater of GEJ? I will advise you as a brother to purge your mind of hate because whether you like it or not, GEJ is performing well. And for your information, GEJ has already outperformed your master .
God bls U my bro, it gives me Joy when I see that ppl like U who knows d truth $ speak d truth still exist. Even though GEJ is not perfect just as we ar all imperfect beings, GEJ has performed $ he is still performing $ he will continue to perform despite all d bad eggs around. 2019 I can't wait o. Isha Allah......

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by solomon111(m): 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Freiburger: Even if na 1 naira i nor buy cheesy
Don't buy.
Millions of other Nigerians will buy.
Btw,you're not in Nigeria,so you probably don't give a damn about the Nigerian economy.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by OFAD: 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
ASIAN GIANT-CHINA. AFRICAN GIANT-NIGERIAe.t.c.AS for me i pray for new innovation and i am earing new innovation...AM WAITING TO SEE...GOD BLESS NIGERIA(Africa Best Economy)
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by winteriscoming: 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Theben: Good development. This is exactly how the industrial revolution started in China. Early in the 80s, the chinese closed their borders and ceased the importation of goods from any other country. They believed they're are capable of producing all they needed to survive.

Despite starting with production of fake products, they kept improving on their imperfection. And today, we all can withness the immense changes the decision of 30 years ago brought to the chinese.

Jonathan has taken a good step, and i hope he can go further by totally closing the border from the importation of goods we're capable of producing.

You know what China has had for ages. Constant Power. If apple had to buy big Generators to run there factories in China they wouldn't be so successful. The priorities of the government should be on creating an enabling environment for businesses to run. Once they have that, the capitalists will take care of the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Freiburger(m): 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
solomon111: Don't buy.
Millions of other Nigerians will buy.
Btw,you're not in Nigeria,so you probably don't give a damn about the Nigerian economy.
Hope they will include features that will enable someone to drive on bads roads cheesy
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by hollagokay(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Akpa ife:
U r stupid,soon u will start complaining there is no work some piple dnt hav sense why will nt be happy dat we r now producing cars in Nig instead of praising God dat our govt r now helping us 2 develop our talent u r here talking rubbish
Let's promote our product u will see Ghana n other country will be rushing our made in Nig car

bros no be fight now? you don't have to be insultive as the guy is only saying is mind. but come to think of it we want to start producing cars when we haven't perfect our production of common pencils. the good pencils we use here in Nigeria are product of China while the ones we produce in our country keeps breaking and you keep sharpening it. that alone is enough to cause fear jare. i rest my case

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by patriotic007: 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Good developement from this administration,....If this program moves into top gear,the prices will fall lower than anticipated,...what really makes cars expensive is shipment and clearing,...the unit cost of cars at the factory is usually way below what we eventually buy them.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by LADIbaba(m): 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Why do you have the mentality that expensive is better? Or is it because it is made in Nigeria? Or you are just trying to make some noise about it to show your relevance? I hope you aren't nursing ideas like the foreigner is better than you?

I have been following this story for a while, and I know they are reducing to little or nothing, the tax and duties paid on imported products to be assembled in Nigeria. Also, there are some foreign big brands that have indicated interest in setting up the assembly plants in Nigeria. I have my concerns about it like regular source of electricity, affordability by the common man earning 18k minimum wage et al, but I think its is a commendable effort by the govt.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by asha80(m): 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
asha 80: where did you get these pics from?
innoson website

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by solomon111(m): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Freiburger:
Hope they will include features that will enable someone to drive on bads roads cheesy
The roads are getting better.
Anyway,it's the same roads that the imported cars are using that the local cars too will ply.
It dosen't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by solomon111(m): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
scipher: made in nigeria
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1374659_20131021003637295_jpg46c2adbff508fc26adb257f9dc52e208 www.nairaland.com/attachments/1374658_20131021003703968_jpg75216701e3db11d569ad29d49a9839be I'll buy this, even for 3million..

wow.
Stunningly beautiful.
Why should anyone import,when we've products of this quality at home.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Freiburger(m): 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
solomon111: The roads are getting better.
Anyway,it's the same roads that the imported cars are using that the local cars too will ply.
It dosen't change anything.
They 're always getting better, I 've been hearing this since I was born. Why telling me? abi na me and you spoil the roads? cheesy
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by seangy4konji: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
aM SURE sTEALR oDUAH CAnt ride in these cheap cars...Are they bullet proof?
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Xbee007(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Why can't u guys think positively for 1sec.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by winteriscoming: 2:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Shouldn't this be in car section? Those guys know their cars. And they'll be able to inform us mere mortals about pros and cons.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by nduchucks: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
ogayor:

You are a funny species, most times we Nigerian expect or rather advocate for good policies from our leaders. unfortunately, whenever these leaders take some policy initiatives, we instantly kill it with premonitions. My question is, do we really know what we want as a nation?

I'm sorry to say that you reached your conclusion out of ignorance and laziness to read. Making brand new cars affordable at N1 - N1.2million is obviously a good thing, if the cars are safe. My objection is to what the FG wants to do to make it happen. Please read my post here and here for perspective.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by DerideGull(m): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Freiburger:

Do the vehicles built in Europe, Asia and America include features that will enable someone to drive on bad roads? I guess the issue of bad roads in Nigeria is a different case from cars produced in Nigeria.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by nduchucks: 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
winteriscoming: Shouldn't this be in car section? Those guys know their cars. And they'll be able to inform us mere mortals about pros and cons.

There ia apparently a similar thread in that section, but the quality of posts on that thread is very poor comapred to this one.

@Mr. Gull, would you buy one of these cars?
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by unmask: 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Akpa ife:
U r stupid,soon u will start complaining there is no work some piple dnt hav sense why will nt be happy dat we r now producing cars in Nig instead of praising God dat our govt r now helping us 2 develop our talent u r here talking rubbish
Let's promote our product u will see Ghana n other country will be rushing our made in Nig car

it's not about no work..... But there are certain things that have to be put in place first....... Which organisation is regulating the vehicles, how are we sure that these vehicles will pass safety tests...... It is a good move, but let the government lead by example...... Drive the cars and also buy those that don't have exorbitant prices
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by solomon111(m): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Freiburger:
They 're always getting better, I 've been hearing this since I was born. Why telling me? abi na me and you spoil the roads? cheesy
Even a blind man will tell you that the roads have gotten better than they were 4-5 years ago.
Though there're still bad roads,but atleast work is been done to repair many of them.
Maybe you should travel to Nigeria for once to see for yourself.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by olumide4christ: 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
fagin1982:

You have a great point here Bro - but economically I think this Policy will benefit the country better than you point - The aims and objectives of this policy is to stop Capital flight in dollars. From imporation which is killing our own currency - Nigeria economy can return back to Glory if we can reduce importation - The so called Asian tigers are what they are today cox they depend solely on Manufacturing and expotstation - If Nigeria can tow this same line by producing our own goods , atime will come , when Supply ll exceed demand locally , prices willl crash for the good of the citizens , and we can expand more by exporting the surplus

God will bless GEJ ...He might not be getting everything right but His sincerity of purpose make me wana be a better Man

@fagin1982, Are you talking about capital flight in dollars The first thing GEJ & co should tackle in terms of capital flight is to stop the importation of petroleum products and put our 4 refineries in good working condition, this will grossly reduce capital flight in dollars out of this country!! They should do that before talking about increase in tariff on vehicle importation. The countries that the policy supporters have been mentioning -China, India, etc do not import what they already have like we do, how do we think we can eventually be like them
WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO STOP IMPORTATION OF CARS & NOT WILLING TO STOP IMPORTATION OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS which we produce??
NIGERIA... always putting the cart before the horse... one of our greatest problems!

God help Nigeria - that's my prayer.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by olumide4christ: 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
winteriscoming:

You know what China has had for ages. Constant Power. If apple had to buy big Generators to run there factories in China they wouldn't be so successful. The priorities of the government should be on creating an enabling environment for businesses to run. Once they have that, the capitalists will take care of the rest.

RIGHT ON POINT!! Lets all be broad minded, not narrow minded!
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Truckpusher(m): 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Op you probably don't understand what it takes to become industrialized and build a mega economy.

No country survives by virtually importing everything even the ones they can design,manufacture or assemble locally and once these policies are made and followed religiously the big guns in the advance economy will waste no time in coming in to compete and partner with the local industries thereby creating millions of jobs for the teeming population.

But in your greed simply because you can provide one useless tokunbo car that will contribute to green house effect we are already experiencing you feel we should always export even toothpicks . undecided

Sometimes i still wonder where is your sense of patriotism and of course there will still be tokunbo for you but very expensive and if you wish to use money that was meant for five good cars to buy a tokunbo then be my guest it is your choice.

You guys really need to go get your head checked please....*spits on him*

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by sirmmykay(m): 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is a very gud devt bt am worried of d future if d plan. If an opposition leader shuld comes in, wil it continue?
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Freiburger(m): 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
solomon111: Even a blind man will tell you that the roads have gotten better than they were 4-5 years ago.
Though there're still bad roads,but atleast work is been done to repair many of them.
Maybe you should travel to Nigeria for once to see for yourself.
Who is arguing about that? So going automobile is supposed to be the country's biggest problem right now. Look, I don't welcome unrealistic developments. Cars that will be dumped somewhere in a few years as a result of bad maintainace. Unfortunately you wouldn't understand. And where are the mechanics/engineers that will be doing the repairs?
Btw, what happened to cassava bread?
DONT BE FOOLED FOLKS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things A Mechanic Doesn't Want You To Know / Photo Of An Overloaded Vehicle In Plateau State / Lagos State To Increase Cost Of Road Worthiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.