Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG (20723 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m / Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Activity77(m): 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Freiburger: Even if na 1 naira i nor buy cheesy

No b by force bro
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by solomon111(m): 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Freiburger:
Who is arguing about that? So going automobile is supposed to be the country's biggest problem right now. Look, I don't welcome unrealistic developments. Cars that will be dumped somewhere in a few years as a result of bad maintainace. Unfortunately you wouldn't understand. And where are the mechanics/engineers that will be doing the repairs?
Btw, what happened to cassava bread?
DONT BE FOOLED FOLKS.
pls your complaints are childish.
Where are the engineers?
You must be kidding.
Btw,the cassava revolution is still on.
The FG and even states govts like lagos have already built and are still building various cassava processing mills to make flour and that is after increasing the duties on imported wheat.
It's only matter of time.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by solomon111(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
Truckpusher: Op you probably don't understand what it takes to become industrialized and build a mega economy.

No country survives by virtually importing everything even the ones they can design,manufacture or assemble locally and once these policies are made and followed religiously the big guns in the advance economy will waste no time in coming in to compete and partner with the local industries thereby creating millions of jobs for the teeming population.

But in your greed simply because you can provide one useless tokunbo car that will contribute to green house effect we are already experiencing you feel we should always export even toothpicks . undecided

Sometimes i still wonder where is your sense of patriotism and of course there will still be tokunbo for you but very expensive and if you wish to use money that was meant for five good cars to buy a tokunbo then be my guest it is your choice.

You guys really need to go get your head checked please....*spits on him*
you think if Nigerians were patriotic,Nigeria would still be where it is?
Don't make me laugh.
Patriotism and Nigerians in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by nduchucks: 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
Truckpusher: Op you probably don't understand what it takes to become industrialized and build a mega economy.

No country survives by virtually importing everything even the ones they can design,manufacture or assemble locally and once these policies are made and followed religiously the big guns in the advance economy will waste no time in coming in to compete and partner with the local industries thereby creating millions of jobs for the teeming population.

But in your greed simply because you can provide one useless tokunbo car that will contribute to green house effect we are already experiencing you feel we should always export even toothpicks . undecided

Sometimes i still wonder where is your sense of patriotism and of course there will still be tokunbo for you but very expensive and if you wish to use money that was meant for five good cars to buy a tokunbo then be my guest it is your choice.

I'm sorry to say that in attempting to feel important and seek attention, you reached your conclusion out of ignorance and laziness to read. Making brand new cars affordable at N1 - N1.2million is obviously a good thing, if the cars are safe. My objection is to what the FG wants to do in order to make it happen. Please read my post here and here for perspective.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by donodion(m): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Book me down for an SUV....made for Nigerian roads grin grin grin grin
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by wogorparadise: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense.

china started des way, today u ar buyin their vehicles smh for wut the tower of babel has done to these country
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Truckpusher(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I'm sorry to say that in attempting to feel important and seek attention, you reached your conclusion out of ignorance and laziness to read. Making brand new cars affordable at N1 - N1.2million is obviously a good thing, if the cars are safe. My objection is to what the FG wants to do in order to make it happen. Please read my post here and here for perspective.
If you think that developing nations like Nigeria will fare better at the long run without tighter tariffs imposed on importations to encourage local manufacturers,designers and assemblers ,then you need medical help undecided because unpatriotic money miss-road fellows like you have been enslaved by anything foreign while basking on the euphoria of the popular ego driven say, 'I BUY AM FOR YANKEE'.....smh.....but you'll be the first to shout and complain abt the economy the moment inflation rises by 1% and our foreign reserve depletes by 1$.......piss off joor! sad
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Truckpusher(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Who is editing my post?

Whatever i type here is my personal opinion and shouldn't be subjected to any form of scrutiny and subsequently edited.

For God's sake we are in a democratic society no matter how bad it is .
I wouldn't want my personal opinion left alone or better still you can reply me too in the same manner ,but editing my comments is tantamount to violating my right as a Nigerian covered by the constitution to express myself.
Freedom of speech is my right ,i don't see why the mods are now editing comments if you don't have the balls to eat what is being served here i advice you steer clear go hug your pillow.

Thanks. sad
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by jidowu84: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Theben: Good development. This is exactly how the industrial revolution started in China. Early in the 80s, the chinese closed their borders and ceased the importation of goods from any other country. They believed they're are capable of producing all they needed to survive.

Despite starting with production of fake products, they kept improving on their imperfection. And today, we all can withness the immense changes the decision of 30 years ago brought to the chinese.

Jonathan has taken a good step, and i hope he can go further by totally closing the border from the importation of goods we're capable of producing.
u ar right but chinese takle their problem one after the other. they dont their coys on generators. i think gej shld deliver in d aspect of power as he promised a sometimes back. power first, and other things will fall in place. Nigerians are not asking for too much this govt. all we are saying is; give us
POWER
Access to gud EDUCATION
Access to gud HEALTHCARE
Good ROAD ntwk.
SHKENAH.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by jidowu84: 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Theben: Good development. This is exactly how the industrial revolution started in China. Early in the 80s, the chinese closed their borders and ceased the importation of goods from any other country. They believed they're are capable of producing all they needed to survive.

Despite starting with production of fake products, they kept improving on their imperfection. And today, we all can withness the immense changes the decision of 30 years ago brought to the chinese.

Jonathan has taken a good step, and i hope he can go further by totally closing the border from the importation of goods we're capable of producing.
u ar right but chinese takle their problem one after the other. they dont run their coys on generators. i think gej shld deliver in d aspect of power as he promised a sometimes back. power first, and other things will fall in place. Nigerians are not asking for too much this govt. all we are saying is; give us
POWER
Access to gud EDUCATION
Access to gud HEALTHCARE
Good ROAD ntwk.
SHKENAH.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Billygee2u: 5:06am On Dec 24, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense.

I advice you to always appreciate good development.If you have much money,it is for you and not for the masses.Trillion-aire,do notbuy ,but let the poor masses buy.Hypocrite.Enemy of progress.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by honestpoju: 5:59am On Dec 24, 2013
Brimmie: So finally, i can cruise around the campus in my final year with a brand new car!? Cool!
R u kidding me made in naija cars. I will neva buy it. I rather buy made in usa used car.like a nairalander said make them use am as official cars first while we wait and look.....
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 24, 2013
if only GEJ wuld use them made in Nigeria cars in his convoy! make sense den. but i doubt
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by LADIbaba(m): 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
honestpoju:
R u kidding me made in naija cars. I will neva buy it. I rather buy made in usa used car.like a nairalander said make them use am as official cars first while we wait and look.....

They are already been used as official vehicles in some ministries and parastatals here in Abuja e.g go to national population commission you would see the Innoson brands or the national assembly
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by LADIbaba(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
ndu_chucks:

My apologies. I assumed that folks had been following all the announcements made by the FG rgarding this policy. Making brand new cars available to Nigerians, albeit, low end cars is a good thing. But for goodness sake, why increase the import duty for all imported vehicles by 250% to achieve this goal? The proposed increase in tariff on Tokunbo cars is quite foolish.

The consequences for each side of the sector, including ordinary low income earners, job and business losses are issues at stake. Importers of vehicles, big and small, and other stakeholders, including terminal operators, mainly Roll-on- Roll-Off (RORO) operators who are on 32 years lease agreement , stevedores, freight forwarders, are grave and quite negative.

If the Feds must increase tariffs, they should do so gradually. This dramatic increase in customs tariffs is not necessary to achieve the result of making cars available at N1 - N1.2million. How does the Feds plan to replace the jobs which will be lost as a result of this policy.

A similar policy was instituted to support local rice industry last year when importation of rice was banned. What has happened is that a bag of rice costs more now than what it was last year. As at last year, a bag of good rice sold at N6,500 and N7,500. But because of the policy, a bag of rice now sells between N10,000 and N12,000.

This people should think this through. Manufactures can produce cheap cars without the destruction of livelihoods of possibly millions of Nigerians.

Very well noted, however, if you look at the cost of gsm tarriffs in 2001 when they began in Nigeria and now, I am sure you would admit there is a lot of price difference; likewise the number of subscribers. It is even interesting noting that the main telecommunication outfit back then (NITEL) has no place in modern day telecommunications in Nigeria.
I am very sure the more players there are in the production of rice in Nigeria (from the cultivation to distribution), the prices of these would drop (extremely simple economics demand and supply rule).
I am sure thinking outside the box (e.g exporting) for importers of vehicles to Nigeria wouldn't facilitate the "destruction of livelihoods of possibly millions of Nigerians".
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Imanuelle: Even Tecno once had haters, with time it grew on them

So if one chooses not to own a Nigerian-assembled car or any other product, it automatically means they hate the said product? I'm sure you don't own an Innoson automobile, does that mean you hate the brand?

It's all about choices, which we're all entitled to, because we're human beings.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
brixton: Why re u negative? Pls purge urself before it kills u

Because there's such a thing as choice. Remember?
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Truckpusher: Whatever i type here is my personal opinion and shouldn't be subjected to any form of scrutiny and subsequently edited.

For God's sake we are in a democratic society no matter how bad it is .(

I feel your pain bro...lol. grin

The same democracy that denies those that aren't interested in buying locally assembled cars, the right to speak their minds, without being verbally abused? The same democracy, that sees a massive increase on the importation tariff of imported cars? The same increase designed to "force" Nigerians to buy locally-assembled cars?

Sorry, it sounds more like a dictatorship to me.

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
Siena:

So if one chooses not to own a Nigerian-assembled car or any other product, it automatically means they hate the said product? I'm sure you don't own an Innoson automobile, does that mean you hate the brand?

It's all about choices, which we're all entitled to, because we're human beings.

I included that in my post because it's obvious some persons speak ill of the idea just because of their hate towards the government
not even with an atomic clue on what a stress test is.

anyways, that aside

i hope you are the real siena, and i'm glad to have you back.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Truckpusher(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Siena:

And your choices have to be guided by the country's laws because we are humans and we need rules and regulations to guide us, unless you'll have to build your own personal country too.

How blind are you people willing to go?

FYI: Govt. makes policies sometimes that will bear fruit in the next 20yrs and sometimes for the unborn generations,but for people like your type that wants it now ,you want it to happen like magic......people like you can't make a good leader ,because your ideology about choice is self serving not considering the entire population pool. grin

before i forget,you're welcome back grin
And erm..... which cave were you hiding all this while ,only to come out and quote me? tongue
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Imanuelle: I included that in my post because it's obvious some persons speak ill of the idea just because of their hate towards the government
not even with an atomic clue on what a stress test is.

anyways, that aside

i hope you are the real siena, and i'm glad to have you back.

I understand. I personally don't feel any dislike to Goodluck Jonathan, I'm not really into politics. Regardless of how good an administration is, it's impossible to please everyone.

I'm definitely the real Siena, and thanks for the welcome. smiley

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by lawizle(m): 12:04am On Dec 30, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly / Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / My Lexus Gs300 Check Engine, Vsc, Vsc Off Light Is On. How Do I Wipe It Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.