Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG (20718 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m / Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Tolexander: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2013
It is a good developement.

But to make things effective and their aim to be achieved at the speed of light. The imported official cars should all be replaced with local mades.

How can a sinner come to me to preach about salvation?

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by ba7man(m): 8:46am On Dec 23, 2013
If those Brand new cars they're talking about are to be either those Chinese Brands, Innosun or tiny city cars, I'll have to pass.

I know too much about cars to settle for less.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by ayo84(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2013
I'm waiting to see how this one plays out in nigeria, it's actually a good idea, it would spur indians and the chinese to come into the country and setup local aseembly plants.
Also considering the amount of money nigerians spend on importing cars, this is a beautiful idea.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by realborn(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2013
Laudable if suitable quality necessary for efficiency is achieved!

The next news should be on meeting demand, providing enabling environment, raw materials, electricity and other requisite infrastructure to ensure sustainability.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by ayo84(m): 9:07am On Dec 23, 2013
ba7man: If those Brand new cars they're talking about are to be either those Chinese Brands, Innosun or tiny city cars, I'll have to pass.

I know too much about cars to settle for less.

Well you have a point there also, even the chinese had to use d british to build their stadiums for the olympics, but you have to give it to them, I wonder why Nigeria is not foistering a business arrangement with south korea and japan.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Theben(m): 9:10am On Dec 23, 2013
I implore the federal government to impose total ban on car importation. Tariff increment won't encourage much patronage cos most Nigerians would prefer to pay exhorbitant fee for a foreign made car.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by brixton: 9:15am On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense.

Why re u negative? Pls purge urself before it kills u
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by jamace(m): 9:18am On Dec 23, 2013
Biola4u: Until enough people successfully test run before I can think of purchasing. I no fit be specimen.

I'm ready to be the first to buy and drive the car. I believe that the product will be good.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Gamji007: 9:18am On Dec 23, 2013
This is plausible. The govt should also ensure that govt agencies starting from the presidential convoy, national assembly , judges, all parastatals use cars manufactured in the company. This will encourage the production of more reliable products and also increase the strngth of the company.

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by alaafyn(m): 9:31am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by jmaine: 9:32am On Dec 23, 2013
Gamji007: This is plausible. The govt should also ensure that govt agencies starting from the presidential convoy, national assembly , judges, all parastatals use cars manufactured in the company. This will encourage the production of more reliable products and also increase the strngth of the company.

Post endorsed. . . . .
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by ayo84(m): 9:37am On Dec 23, 2013
jmaine:

Post endorsed. . . . .

Endorsement Seconded
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by nduchucks: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2013
Gamji007: This is plausible. The govt should also ensure that govt agencies starting from the presidential convoy, national assembly , judges, all parastatals use cars manufactured in the company. This will encourage the production of more reliable products and also increase the strngth of the company.

I agree with you on the plausibility of this project. What I do not understand is why the FG should increase import duties on used and new cars by 250% in order to actualize the project. If they must discourage Nigerians from importing cars, then they should start by announcing a ban on import waivers they issue to government officials, the first lady, and other government outfits, and require all government agencies to buy only Nigerian made vehicles.

I bet you that Nigerian automobile manufacturers will not be able to meet the demand of government agencies alone, for many years, so why stranglehold ordinary Nigerians when there are better ways of doing this?
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Theben: Good development. This is exactly how the industrial revolution started in China. Early in the 80s, the chinese closed their borders and ceased the importation of goods from any other country. They believed they're are capable of producing all they needed to survive.

Despite starting with production of fake products, they kept improving on their imperfection. And today, we all can withness the immense changes the decision of 30 years ago brought to the chinese.

Jonathan has taken a good step, and i hope he can go further by totally closing the border from the importation of goods we're capable of producing.

Agreed.... I want to be a manufacturer. That is the only way to building a healthy economy..
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Eneze1(f): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2013
this is a good development
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by eejo(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2013
Thank you uncle Joe we will buy the car look at Kia they took off like that today they are rank with honda, toyota
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by fdigital(m): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I am 100% certain that I wouldn't be buying any of those cars for any family member. May God punish these government official who would rather have us drive death traps instead of the luxury SUVs which they themselves enjoy.

I can bet my last naira that no DG, Perm Sec, Minister, Rep, Senator, or Economic Adviser will buy such a car for official use. Nonsense.

op are a tukumbo auto merchant whose business is about to be opaqued by the new govt car policy for whining all this.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by ITbomb(m): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2013
In other words, as it is in the mobile phone, we will have Galazy S4-like cars still imported while Tecno - like, more affordable, striped down cars will be manufactured in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by naijathings(m): 10:56am On Dec 23, 2013
[size=18pt]Election is coming and promises are flowing[/size]..
#till then sha... NO COMMENT.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by AZeD1(m): 11:02am On Dec 23, 2013
Good policy but I ain't buying.
It's almost 2014 and I WILL not buy a car without certain functions.

PS: Those of you criticizing the op, I'm pretty sure you know nothing about cars.
https://www.nairaland.com/431821/kia-rio-no-get-airbag

When cars are that cheap, certain features would have been stripped out like airbags, ABS et al.

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by kolomax(m): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2013
@least make una give kudos to mama peace husband naaa grin
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by IamDebola: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Ruq: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2013
jamace: OP, it seems you are a natural hater of GEJ? I will advise you as a brother to purge your mind of hate because whether you like it or not, GEJ is performing well. And for your information, GEJ has already outperformed your master .

Too many blind niggaz

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by paparazzi1987(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2013
How do we expect to achieve this when we are still deficit in power supply!! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by zionlite: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2013
Quality will tell.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2013
Theben: Good development. This is exactly how the industrial revolution started in China. Early in the 80s, the chinese closed their borders and ceased the importation of goods from any other country. They believed they're are capable of producing all they needed to survive.

Despite starting with production of fake products, they kept improving on their imperfection. And today, we all can withness the immense changes the decision of 30 years ago brought to the chinese.

Jonathan has taken a good step, and i hope he can go further by totally closing the border from the importation of goods we're capable of producing.
U SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CHINESE MODEL AND THE NIGERIAN IS THAT
WHILE IN CHINA GOVT OFFICIALS USED CHINESE MADE PRODUCTS
IN NIGERIA THE RULES ONLY APPLY TO THE POOR THE BIG MEN
WILL KEEP IMPORTIG THEIR CARS
MUCH AS IT IS A GOOD MOVE, IT WONT WORK HERE
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by sheryf01(m): 11:35am On Dec 23, 2013
paparazzi1987: How do we expect to achieve this when we are still deficit in power supply!! undecided undecided undecided

The power actually isn't the problem but the road to drive this vehicle is of utmost concern to me. Aside the deplorable road i can tell u that within the next 2 years,with the sluggish way of road development,the congestion will be worst than china. Y cant they sort out alternative source of transportation like the light rails, water and all before doin this cos we're way above the acceptable standard of vehicles by kilometer. Btw,nobody is talking about spare parts availability abi Dem wan they import that one?? We should learn to stop putting the cart b4 the horse.
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by fagin1982(m): 11:36am On Dec 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I'm sorry you reached the conclusion that I hate GEJ because of my post, but you jumped into that conclusion out of ignorance. Making brand new cars affordable at N1 - N1.2million is obviously a good thing. My objection is to what the FG wants to do to make it happen. Please read my post here for perspective.

If I were you ,I. Will quietly bury my face in shame - There's no room for argument here - You hate for GEJ is totally uncalled for

A day will come when you ll look back @ur comments and wish u never said them

1 Like

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by rodeo0070(m): 11:37am On Dec 23, 2013
And what has become of Peugeot
Auto Assembly Plant in Kaduna and
the Volkswagen Assembly Plant at
Agbara-Igbessa? Why did these
two low end vehicle manufacturers
died in the first instance. We need
to address these issues before
putting all these money wasting
committees that would achieve
nothing in place. Also, it has been
observed that the quality of
vehicles (I mean new ones being
brought in by Elizade and Co.) are
of substandard quality. Nigeria has
become a dumping ground for all
these inferior cars. For example,
the specification of Toyota
corollas Le or CE being sent to
Nigeria is of lower quality from
the specification of Toyota
corollas LE or CE being assembled
in the U.S.A.
Because anything goes in Nigeria,
it has become a dumping ground
for countries like China, Japan,
South Korea etc. etc. Because also
there is no such thing as
Consumerism in Nigeria, the end
users who would go to the bank to
borrow money to buy these
vehicles are never in the
equation!!!
Let us effectively take care of
these short-comings now before it
is too late. We can count so many
assembly plants in Nigeria who
have died for selfish and political
reasons. Let not these proposed
one go down the path of
destruction that the former
suffered.
It is of note that once these
things are done right, it would put
less stress on our economy as it
would be a win-win affair!!!
Life is good...

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by fagin1982(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2013
sheryf01:

The power actually isn't the problem but the road to drive this vehicle is of utmost concern to me. Aside the deplorable road i can tell u that within the next 2 years,with the sluggish way of road development,the congestion will be worst than china. Y cant they sort out alternative source of transportation like the light rails, water and all before doin this cos we're way above the acceptable standard of vehicles by kilometer. Btw,nobody is talking about spare parts availability abi Dem wan they import that one?? We should learn to stop putting the cart b4 the horse.

You have a great point here Bro - but economically I think this Policy will benefit the country better than you point - The aims and objectives of this policy is to stop Capital flight in dollars. From imporation which is killing our own currency - Nigeria economy can return back to Glory if we can reduce importation - The so called Asian tigers are what they are today cox they depend solely on Manufacturing and expotstation - If Nigeria can tow this same line by producing our own goods , atime will come , when Supply ll exceed demand locally , prices willl crash for the good of the citizens , and we can expand more by exporting the surplus

God will bless GEJ ...He might not be getting everything right but His sincerity of purpose make me wana be a better Man

2 Likes

Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by decision01: 11:46am On Dec 23, 2013
op hating gej like oba will do you no favours..do some thinking before you speak
Re: Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG by solomon111(m): 11:48am On Dec 23, 2013
The FG have already began a policy of replacing the buses in their various parastatals with made in Nigeria buses.
And GEJ has also made a committment to replace the cars in his convoy with made in Nigeria vehicles.
All in all,i think GEJ is pain-stakingly laying the foundation.
Future presidents will joyfully reap the rewards if we do not see an unfortunate reversal of policy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly / My Lexus Gs300 Check Engine, Vsc, Vsc Off Light Is On. How Do I Wipe It Off? / Timi's Garage, Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.