Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss (28074 Views)

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids / FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Arosa(m): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

My friend sharrap dia!!!

Na Lawyer go bring back the baby. The man in question has escaped wetin you want make lawyers do. The woman seems like someone who is so mentally poor that throwing 40k at her will make her forget the issue.

Mentally enslaved fools all over the place...

angry angry angry

Who is your friend you daft kunt?
why don't you go and ask our useless lawyers if they can bring her baby back to life. So in your retarded mind you don't think this woman can get justice.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Tuntheycr7: 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Only in Naija.
I can see this dying a natural death if the family doesn't take it to extra miles with the company.
Imagine N17k per month and bonus of maltreatment from basstawd Lebanese.
If I was to be the hubby, isale eko areas boys go settle the case by buying Alomo & igbo of N2k for them.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by manny4life(m): 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
Seun: If she does that then she will be guilty under the law. It's better to stick to the legal solution.

Our legal system is CORRUPT anything can happen... Murderers walk away easily, so instead of her being guilty, the Nigerian public should arise and fight her cause. After Zimmerman killed Treyvon Martin, for his own safety, they moved him to a secure location. Did Trey's parents have to arrange a mob, but the Black community were raged with anger and their youths were coming for Zimmerman. That's how you send a message to wicked people who have no value for human life.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Decryptor(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
I'm not in support of this if it really happened but one thing i know is that most women usually use this their pregnancy as a form of blackmail. We all know that 95% of pregnant women suffer from hormone imbalance and can be so aggressive. The way the woman narrated her side of the story is to her own favour making the man look like a devil. We should get the man's side of the story and after that, you may find out that there is more to it!

Another thing that is odd is the fact that the woman refused to sign her termination letter several times. I smell the rat of blackmail. You can never know...it could even be an arrangement between her and her husband to get millions from legal proceedings as damages! Remember, this is Naija and people will do anything for money esp this yuletide season. My 2 cents
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by azeezengr(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abuse is a constant phenomenum Nigerian workers especially those that worked under Lebanesse and their likes experience on daily basis. First and foremost, I need to remark that our people give this employer chances to exploit and abuse them simply because they have low self esteem as a result of poverty of the mind...coupled with non existence of any right for Nigerian worker. I am bold tosay this because I have worked for Lebanesse company(up till this December-well paid and well respected even negotiated with me upon my resignation) and similar companies in the past, surely they will make attempt to abuse but first they can recognise anybody with self esteem and he or she is usually avoided or use against his fellow Nigerians or sack. Two, if they give you a shit and you give double shits in return, they will not return it again but my people are too fearful yet they continue to suffer. I sincerely pity the lady that lost her pregnancy due to her boss cruelty but let's all learn from her experience and appreciate our worth....of what significance is a 17k job for her to risk her life! Finally, please let's learn a trade and be skillful in the use of our hands, we shall never be afraid of losing a useless 'job' Lebanesse owned companies offer and anybody circumstance still make to be working in such, please stand up for your right and offer them an eye for an eye treatment!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by azeezengr(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abuse is a constant phenomenum Nigerian workers especially those that worked under Lebanesse and their likes experience on daily basis. First and foremost, I need to remark that our people give this employer chances to exploit and abuse them simply because they have low self esteem as a result of poverty of the mind...coupled with non existence of any right for Nigerian worker. I am bold tosay this because I have worked for Lebanesse company(up till this December-well paid and well respected even negotiated with me upon my resignation) and similar companies in the past, surely they will make attempt to abuse but first they can recognise anybody with self esteem and he or she is usually avoided or use against his fellow Nigerians or sack. Two, if they give you a shit and you give double shits in return, they will not return it again but my people are too fearful yet they continue to suffer. I sincerely pity the lady that lost her pregnancy due to her boss cruelty but let's all learn from her experience and appreciate our worth....of what significance is a 17k job for her to risk her life! Finally, please let's learn a trade and be skillful in the use of our hands, we shall never be afraid of losing a useless 'job' Lebanesse owned companies offer and anybody circumstance still make to be working in such, please stand up for your right and offer them an eye for an eye treatment!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by lastmessenger: 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
Blame our law makers who cannot make laws to protect the citizen.instead they go about making laws to allow them marry underaged girls.blame the minister of labour and productivity who does not know his job.blame those who are busy writting open letters.blame PDP for giving us bad leaders.blame ignorance and poverty.blame satan.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by cap28: 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
neohitler:
Did my country Germany also stole from your people?

hmm why am i getting the feeling that you are actually a nigerian pretending to be a german?

Germany stole the land of the herero people of namibia and cast them into the desert to die of thirst but when they lost the first world war their land was taken away from them and shared amongst the victors of the first world war.

ever heard of the berlin conference? The person who chaired it was a german - Otto Von Bismarck

The Scramble for Africa: Berlin Conference of 1884-1885 to Divide Africa

Meeting at the Berlin residence of Chancellor Otto von Bismarck in 1884, the foreign ministers of fourteen European powers and the United States established ground rules for the future exploitation of the "dark continent." Africans were not invited or made privy to their decisions.

1884-1885 - Berlin West African Conference carves Africa into spheres of control

In the second half of the nineteenth century, after more than four centuries of contact, the European powers finally laid claim to virtually all of Africa. Parts of the continent had been "explored," but now representatives of European governments and rulers arrived to create or expand African spheres of influence for their patrons. Competition was intense. Spheres of influence began to crowd each other. It was time for negotiation, and in late 1884 a conference was convened in Berlin to sort things out. This conference laid the groundwork for the now familiar politico-geographical map of Africa.

In November 1884, the imperial chancellor and architect of the German Empire, Otto von Bismarck, convened a conference of 14 states (including the United States) to settle the political partitioning of Africa. Bismarck wanted not only to expand German spheres of influence in Africa but also to play off Germany's colonial rivals against one another to the Germans' advantage. Of these fourteen nations, France, Germany, Great Britain, and Portugal were the major players in the conference, controlling most of colonial Africa at the time.

The Congo Free State, conceived as a "neutral" zone to be run by an international association in the interest of bringing science, civilization, and Christianity to the indigenes, received the Berlin Conference's blessings. Belgium's King Leopold II (far left) soon took control, reaping fabulous personal profits through the sale of land and development rights. Scandalously little was reinvested in schools like the one shown here.
BBC news site:

A man who exploited Congo's resources and contributed to up to 10 million deaths. One man told the BBC: "He left us in poverty. He exploited our raw materials and left us with nothing."

The Berlin Conference was Africa's undoing in more ways than one. The colonial powers superimposed their domains on the African Continent. By the time Africa regained its independence after the late 1950s, the realm had acquired a legacy of political fragmentation that could neither be eliminated nor made to operate satisfactorily. The African politico-geographical map is thus a permanent liability that resulted from the three months of ignorant, greedy acquisitiveness during a period when Europe's search for minerals and markets had become insatiable.

The French dominated most of West Africa, and the British East and Southern Africa. The Belgians acquired the vast territory that became The Congo. The Germans held four colonies, one in each of the realm's regions. The Portuguese held a small colony in West Africa and two large ones in Southern Africa.

After colonial rule was firmly established in Africa, the only change in possessions came after World War I. Germany's four colonies were placed under the League of Nations, which established a mandate system for other colonizers to administer the territories.

Result of Colonization:

The European colonial powers shared one objective in their African colonies; exploitation. But in the way they governed their dependencies, they reflected their differences. Some colonial powers were themselves democracies (the United Kingdom and France); others were dictatorships (Portugal, Spain). The British established a system of indirect rule over much of their domain, leaving indigenous power structure in place and making local rulers representatives of the British Crown. This was unthinkable in the Portuguese colonies, where harsh, direct control was the rule. The French sought to create culturally assimilated elites what would represent French ideals in the colonies. In the Belgian Congo, however, King Leopold II, who had financed the expeditions that staked Belgium's claim in Berlin, embarked on a campaign of ruthless exploitation. His enforcers mobilized almost the entire Congolese populations to gather rubber, kill elephants for their ivory, and build public works to improve export routes. For failing to meet production quotes, entire communities were massacred. Killing and maiming became routine in a colony in which horror was the only common denominator. After the impact of the slave trade, King Leopold's reign of terror was Africa's most severe demographic disaster. By the time it ended, after a growing outcry around the world, as many as 10 million Congolese had been murdered. In 1908 the Belgium government administrators, and the Roman Catholic Church each pursued their sometimes competing interest. But no one thought to change the name of the colonial capital: it was Leopoldville until the Belgian Congo achieved independence in 1960.

http://wysinger.homestead.com/berlinconference.html

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
cap28:

congo or DRC has had to deal with over 200 years of european ra.pe and theft of its natural resources. ever heard of king leopold? he was a belgian king that stole the whole of what is now known as DRC and turned it into his private property that is why belgium is so rich today. how did he get away with it? all you europeans ganged up against africa during the berlin conference and divided up the continent amongst yourselves as if you were dividing up a cake. this was possible because you had superior fire power, that position remains the same to date.

without africa's cheap minerals western europe would be a third world hell hole just like eastern europe - ever wondered why romania, bulgaria, czech republic and all those other eastern european backwaters look like sh.it? its because they were not able to steal from africa as the western european countries did not include them in the carving up of africa.

Congo is currently being devastated by warring militias who are armed and funded by europe and america, it is in the interest of the european and american mining corporations for war to carry on in drc because it makes it easier for them to extract minerals much more cheaply when the region is unstable.

the story is the same all over africa, europe and america and particularly europe need access to cheap african mineral resources in order to stay rich.
Bros we cannot continue to blame European colonialism for our woes, we are presently under a worse form of colonialism from black overlords. Can you tell me the reason why a poor third world country like Nigeria have 10 aircrafts in its presidential fleet and the govt is planning to buy the 11th, how many aircfrats does the US have in its presidential fleet?
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by cap28: 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Always looking outside the window for who to blame for your woes.

Take a look in the Mirror Bro that's where you'll see the source of all the probl;ems you're yapping about.

angry angry angry

see my post on the berlin conference as i know you've never heard of it.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by cap28: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
femmyb: Bros we cannot continue to blame European colonialism for our woes, we are presently under a worse form of colonialism from black overlords. Can you tell me the reason why a poor third world country like Nigeria have 10 aircrafts in its presidential fleet and the govt is planning to buy the 11th, how many aircfrats does the US have in its presidential fleet?

Nigeria is not a poor country, it is the fifth largest exporter of crude oil in the world.

these black overlords that you speak of are merely front men for european and american govts, banking institutions and multinational corporations, they have no real power.

Can you tell me why our corrupt leaders are allowed to stash their stolen money away in foreign banks ? theft and embezzlement is committed by two parties -the person who steals and the person who receives the stolen funds. When the west decided to remove Qadaffi from power how come they were able to freeze billions of dollars of his countries fudns lodged in their foreign banks, dont you think they can do the same with the money our leaders steal?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by flyingdutchman(m): 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
I SAY OUR NAIRALANDERS AT LAGOS DO A PROTEST. WHAT NONSENSE! IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYONE'S WIFE

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by muyik78(m): 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Well if this matter is not pursue to a reasonable conclusion, it will repeat it self in a big way, some of these foriegner use such word as Monkey,throw him Banana right in their country and will get away wt it.Bit to do such here n go away wt it will be a bigger slap on us as a country.
The women involved seem not to know her right, No employer has any right to tongue lash u,or call u names, if u are not doing u job normal disclipinary action should be taken agaist u, not by name calling,No boss can raise his/her hand talkless of foriegners.
I will let such person pay through his nose and send him parking to his country.
Use woman right orginasation to get ur right that has been trampled upon by this white dude if ur story is genuine.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by cap28: 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Always looking outside the window for who to blame for your woes.

Take a look in the Mirror Bro that's where you'll see the source of all the probl;ems you're yapping about.

angry angry angry

Try reading some books for a change like these ones:

The Scramble for Africa: White Man's Conquest of the Dark Continent from 1876-1912

by Thomas Pakenham

In scarcely half a generation during the late 1800s, six European powers sliced up Africa like a cake. The pieces went to Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Belgium; among them, they acquired 30 new colonies and 110 million subjects. Although African rulers resisted, many battles were one-sided massacres. In 1904 the Hereros, a tribe of southwest southwest, if not a country name Africa, revolted against German rule. Their punishment was genocide--24,000 driven into the desert to starve; those who surrendered were sent to forced labor camps to be worked to death. In a dramatic, gripping chronicle, Pakenham ( The Boer War ) floodlights the "dark continent" and its systematic rape by Europe. At center stage are a motley band of explorers, politicians, evangelists, mercenaries, journalists and tycoons blinded by romantic nationalism or caught up in the scramble for loot, markets and slaves. In an epilogue Pakenham tells how the former colonial powers still dominate the economies of the African nations, most of which are under one-party or dictatorial rule.

King Leopold's Ghost

by Adam Hochschild

Hochschild's superb, engrossing chronicle focuses on one of the great, horrifying and nearly forgotten crimes of the century: greedy Belgian King Leopold II's rape of the Congo, the vast colony he seized as his private fiefdom in 1885. Until 1909, he used his mercenary army to force slaves into mines and rubber plantations, burn villages, mete out sadistic punishments, including dismemberment, and commit mass murder. The hero of Hochschild's highly personal, even gossipy narrative is Liverpool shipping agent Edmund Morel, who, having stumbled on evidence of Leopold's atrocities, became an investigative journalist and launched an international Congo reform movement with support from Mark Twain, Booker T. Washington and Arthur Conan Doyle. Other pivotal figures include Joseph Conrad, whose disgust with Leopold's "civilizing mission" led to Heart of Darkness; and black American journalist George Washington Williams, who wrote the first systematic indictment of Leopold's colonial regime in 1890. Hochschild (The Unquiet Ghost) documents the machinations of Leopold, who won over President Chester A. Arthur and bribed a U.S. senator to derail Congo protest resolutions. He also draws provocative parallels between Leopold's predatory one-man rule and the strongarm tactics of Mobuto Sese Seko, who ruled the successor state of Zaire. But most of all it is a story of the bestiality of one challenged by the heroism of many in an increasingly democratic world. 30 illustrations.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by akraym(m): 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
[size=38pt]PICTURE PLEASE[/size][size=18pt]or it didn't happen[/size]

By the way

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Garrithe1st: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Arosa:

Who is your friend you daft kunt?
why don't you go and ask our useless lawyers if they can bring her baby back to life. So in your retarded mind you don't think this woman can get justice.
Silly Cretin why where you crying for lawyers like a day-old baby??

Dumbf00l!!!

angry angry
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by begunatoye(m): 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
It is not super story, I am a veterinary doctor and i worked in an indian farm, dealing only with broilers. I can say confidently that such things happen. I was dismissed because I dont assault poultry attendants or shout at them. Some of the indians assault and degrade the workers. It is that bad.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by UKBobo(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
The kick from Lebanese boss was bad, but even worse is the unseen kick to Naija children through corruption and unaccountability.

N10,000 to anyone that can hack into his account and let him know what we think of his behaviour. E- warriors - wey u dey?
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by couthy: 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
Aspetta: I hope this is not true. Why did she wait so long before reporting and why did her boss travel out and refuse to reply? I hope she has witnesses though. It is a serious case.

Why asking silly question? And you are a lady. In the spirit of Xmas, I wish u d same.

Smh.......yimu for u......mtchewwwww!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by lastpage: 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
speedyboi: 7 months old ke?

If anything, she would've gone into labour and give birth to the baby as it is matured enough.
I choose not to believe this Super story

Are you so dumb you cant read where it was written that "the baby's face was destroyed by the kick"?

Are you grown-up enough to know what and how women go into labor, under such circumstance?

its not a must for you to comment on things you have idea about.

Silence at times, is GOLDEN.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by chi4ik(m): 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
careytommy: In other words, she wouldnt have lodged any complaints if she had not mis-carried. Then let her shut up and lick her wounds quitely.
ar U a human being @ all?
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by chi4ik(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
y2kaustinstone_: look at what GEJ,has caused
akwuya, Ewu
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by lastpage: 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
biodunid: Woman loses pregnancy after alleged kick from boss

A 34-year-old woman, Mrs. Alexandra Ossai, has accused her Lebanese boss, Kaveh Noine, of causing her to lose her seven-month-pregnancy after he kicked her in the stomach.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ngozi Braide, said, “The incident which occurred on Thursday was not reported to the police until Tuesday. It took about five days before it was reported. So when the police arrived at the suspect’s workplace, they were informed that he had travelled. It took a long time for the complainant to report the matter. But we are investigating.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/woman-loses-pregnancy-after-alleged-kick-from-boss/

We live in a phucked-up country!
Just imagine if this were to happen in another country where "the Law" is no respecter of anybody?

Already, the Police PRO is making up excuses for the Lebanese employer!
The fact that the assaulted women did not report the incident immediately, does not distract from the validity of the assault.
How do you expect an injured, bleeding pregnant woman with a dying baby inside her with a 17,000 salary/month to think of the Police station as the first port of call?
In order of priority, she would go to the hospital first and try to save her life, then the life of her baby first.

Jeeze, why do we have this type of corrupt Eediots in our Police Farce?

What do you think will happen to this Lebanese if he did this to an employee in Europe, U.K or America?
He wont see daylight for the next 50years!
Killing that baby alone is MURDER, of the first degree!
But this is "Nigerianistan",.................... where anything goes.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by neohitler(m): 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
cap28:

hmm why am i getting the feeling that you are actually a nigerian pretending to be a german?

Germany stole the land of the herero people of namibia and cast them into the desert to die of thirst but when they lost the first world war their land was taken away from them and shared amongst the victors of the first world war.

ever heard of the berlin conference? The person who chaired it was a german - Otto Von Bismarck

The Scramble for Africa: Berlin Conference of 1884-1885 to Divide Africa

Meeting at the Berlin residence of Chancellor Otto von Bismarck in 1884, the foreign ministers of fourteen European powers and the United States established ground rules for the future exploitation of the "dark continent." Africans were not invited or made privy to their decisions.

1884-1885 - Berlin West African Conference carves Africa into spheres of control

In the second half of the nineteenth century, after more than four centuries of contact, the European powers finally laid claim to virtually all of Africa. Parts of the continent had been "explored," but now representatives of European governments and rulers arrived to create or expand African spheres of influence for their patrons. Competition was intense. Spheres of influence began to crowd each other. It was time for negotiation, and in late 1884 a conference was convened in Berlin to sort things out. This conference laid the groundwork for the now familiar politico-geographical map of Africa.

In November 1884, the imperial chancellor and architect of the German Empire, Otto von Bismarck, convened a conference of 14 states (including the United States) to settle the political partitioning of Africa. Bismarck wanted not only to expand German spheres of influence in Africa but also to play off Germany's colonial rivals against one another to the Germans' advantage. Of these fourteen nations, France, Germany, Great Britain, and Portugal were the major players in the conference, controlling most of colonial Africa at the time.

The Congo Free State, conceived as a "neutral" zone to be run by an international association in the interest of bringing science, civilization, and Christianity to the indigenes, received the Berlin Conference's blessings. Belgium's King Leopold II (far left) soon took control, reaping fabulous personal profits through the sale of land and development rights. Scandalously little was reinvested in schools like the one shown here.
BBC news site:

A man who exploited Congo's resources and contributed to up to 10 million deaths. One man told the BBC: "He left us in poverty. He exploited our raw materials and left us with nothing."

The Berlin Conference was Africa's undoing in more ways than one. The colonial powers superimposed their domains on the African Continent. By the time Africa regained its independence after the late 1950s, the realm had acquired a legacy of political fragmentation that could neither be eliminated nor made to operate satisfactorily. The African politico-geographical map is thus a permanent liability that resulted from the three months of ignorant, greedy acquisitiveness during a period when Europe's search for minerals and markets had become insatiable.

The French dominated most of West Africa, and the British East and Southern Africa. The Belgians acquired the vast territory that became The Congo. The Germans held four colonies, one in each of the realm's regions. The Portuguese held a small colony in West Africa and two large ones in Southern Africa.

After colonial rule was firmly established in Africa, the only change in possessions came after World War I. Germany's four colonies were placed under the League of Nations, which established a mandate system for other colonizers to administer the territories.

Result of Colonization:

The European colonial powers shared one objective in their African colonies; exploitation. But in the way they governed their dependencies, they reflected their differences. Some colonial powers were themselves democracies (the United Kingdom and France); others were dictatorships (Portugal, Spain). The British established a system of indirect rule over much of their domain, leaving indigenous power structure in place and making local rulers representatives of the British Crown. This was unthinkable in the Portuguese colonies, where harsh, direct control was the rule. The French sought to create culturally assimilated elites what would represent French ideals in the colonies. In the Belgian Congo, however, King Leopold II, who had financed the expeditions that staked Belgium's claim in Berlin, embarked on a campaign of ruthless exploitation. His enforcers mobilized almost the entire Congolese populations to gather rubber, kill elephants for their ivory, and build public works to improve export routes. For failing to meet production quotes, entire communities were massacred. Killing and maiming became routine in a colony in which horror was the only common denominator. After the impact of the slave trade, King Leopold's reign of terror was Africa's most severe demographic disaster. By the time it ended, after a growing outcry around the world, as many as 10 million Congolese had been murdered. In 1908 the Belgium government administrators, and the Roman Catholic Church each pursued their sometimes competing interest. But no one thought to change the name of the colonial capital: it was Leopoldville until the Belgian Congo achieved independence in 1960.

you are very funny.I am not even black not to talk of being Nigerian.idiot
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by biodunid: 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
With the fellow skipped and our police being what they are the best thing would be to file charges against the company. The crime of the Lebanese oga is by extension the crime of the company. Falana would be great with such a suit but when are the young lawyers in the house going to start earning their stripes? They could claim lack of resources (obviously a woman willing to take slaps and kicks for N17k per month isn't able to pay anything) and that is where the house could come in.

Is it time we created Voltron Chambers on nairaland to replace Gani who is gone and Falana who won't be active forever? These two crusaders began from somewhere and Gani died a naira billionaire so hope all the lawyers in the house who claim law isn't profitable in naija are taking note. Imagine one of them taking up this matter and nairalanders showing up in court when the case comes up for mention? It could be the start of something major. Just some quick thoughts.

PS:

We also have the office of the Public Defender in Lagos which handles such matters even more expeditiously than some private lawyers.

henrimoto: concerned nairalanders !!! can we really do the above ? if you are really concerned about the ill treatments being given to nigerians on nigerian soil, by these lebanese, chinese and indian employers. let us not just talk alone. let's act ! no effort is too small. how do we get the punch reporter's contact... ? @boidunid... oga mi, thanks for your concern. is there anyway we can act on this ?
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by kingsleyMbang(m): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
cheesy grin These so-called Lebanese, Indian,and Chines should be driven out of ths country. Most of them ar so rude and even their working environments has been so violentic 2 their workers.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by biodunid: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mrs. Alexandra Ossai sounds Yoruba to you? Must you derail this thread? BTW is 'greggng' a new way of spelling 'Gringory'? grin

greggng: The yorubas take this respect of a thing too far that sometimes it works against them. How can you respect a man that threatens you cos of 17k job? An ibo man won't take this . I witness an incident at a company in ogba were an indian manager asked a yoruba factory worker to deep hand inside a machine to remove a cut chain. When the ibo man surpervisor saw what was going on he comanded the yoruba guy not to obey.the indian man got angry and slapped the yoruba guy. To my greatest surprise the ibo man graped the indian and beat hell out of him. That same machine has chopped off the hands of 2 workers in the past. I believe respect should be given to someone that deserves it
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Missmossy(f): 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Jeez! this is too bad menh. Pity the woman in question so much.
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
lastpage:

Are you so dumb you cant read where it was written that "the baby's face was destroyed by the kick"?

Are you grown-up enough to know what and how women go into labor, under such circumstance?

its not a must for you to comment on things you have idea about.

Silence at times, is GOLDEN.

Lastpage!

Tschew..Indeed. I wonder who appears more dumb here.

"A Fetus' face is destroyed by a kick"....yeah right!
and If you don't know anything about health doesn't mean others are as dumb as you are, Gerrit? undecided undecided
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by biodunid: 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
The company can still be sued / prosecuted. The manager was an agent of the company and it happened in their premises.
Garri the 1st:

My friend sharrap dia!!!

Na Lawyer go bring back the baby. The man in question has escaped wetin you want make lawyers do. The woman seems like someone who is so mentally poor that throwing 40k at her will make her forget the issue.

Mentally enslaved fools all over the place...

angry angry angry
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by KingsleyCEO: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Who is to blame? Government. If the government regulates the activities of this foreigner this monster would have long been sent packing.

Still searching for my lost fowl please alert me if found, while I ask my oga at the top what to tell press concerning the lost fowl!
Re: Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
LeSaint:

I am sure that's how u were born - they kicked ur ma in the mid-section, and that caught u in the face, and then d bitch gave birth to u. Insensitive dumbo!

Atleast My mum didn't conceive me through prostit/ution like your w/hore of a mother did with you! undecided undecided undecided HED/iot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? / Lady Narrates How Lagos Bus Conductor Returned Her Purse And Even Sent An Email / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.