Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion (8024 Views)

President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates) / Buhari To Earn N14 Million As Annual Salary, Allowances / NYSC Corpers Serving In Akwa Ibom State Get A Raise In Their Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2008
So really Ondo state technical under international law. Which state 200 nautical miles off your coast. Own close to 1 million barrel of oil per day. but at the moment the govt is given delta and balyase those money, which is against international law.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2008
Some part of agbami field fall into it. Bongo oil field, Erha, bosi and others ,  I put the output at may be 800,000 to 1 million barrel a day. they all fall into Ondo stat and not delta and balyase state. Please  feel free to verify this information with the United nation.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2008
Here is Nigeria state by state 200 nautical mile . the first line is ondo state. then delta, balyase , rivers. So Delta and balyase are collecting money that they should not been collecting those money belong to Ondo state 200 nautical miles. Really nearly half of the money delta and Balyase are collecting are money that ondo state should recieve.

Here is the oil field and map. showing you , that under international law, which you also quoted. Most of the oil field are own by ondo state, because they fall into what the UN defination as part of Yorubaland. So Yorubaland own those oil, not your Niger delta under the UN international law. So what Niger delta have been claiming as most of them belong to Yoruba people.

Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Ibime(m): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2008
Hold on - At first, you didn't want Niger Delta to recieve any offshore derivation.

Now you realise that Ondo State might be entitled to some derivation, you now want them to recieve derivation.

So you DISAGREE with derivation when my tribe is involved but you AGREE with it when yours is. Bloody tribalist. Now we can see who has the 419 mentality here.

FYI, Ondo already recieve offshore derivation and deservedly so.

Please do your research.

From the 13% derivation, Akwa-Ibom receive 22% monthly, Delta receives 30% monthly, Rivers and Bayelsa 18%; Ondo 7%; Imo 2.5%; Cross River 2.3%; Abia 1.4% and Edo the remainder.

Akwa-Ibom whose oil production is 100% offshore receive the second highest derivation

85% of Ondo's derivation is from offshore exploration
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Ibime(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2008
Read this:

The history of the derivation principle in revenue sharing in Nigeria is particularly interesting for its illustration of the political nature of the exercise. Between 1951 and 1970, five revenue allocation arrangements by colonial and post-colonial governments emphasised derivation. The Hicks-Phillipson Commission of 1961 and the Binn Commission of 1964 both recommended 50 per cent derivation proportion to the area generating the resource, 35 per cent to the Regions and 15 per cent to the Central Government. By contrast, the Chick Commission of 1953 had recommended 100 per cent derivation for resources-bearing areas. In 1958, the Raisman-Tree Commission recommended derivation (50 per cent) Regions 30 and the Central Government 20. At the end of the civil war the offshore revenues act of 1971 was enacted which reserved revenues from offshore oil exclusively for the Federal Government while pegging derivation at 45 per cent of onshore proceeds. This was the first time a clean distinction was made between onshore and offshore proceeds in our revenue allocation formula
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2008
I never said they should not be derivation, what i said , was 13% was out there by abacha. I always know ondo state collect derivation. Really I am also from ondo state, and also part lagos. I really know Ondo state collect it. but how much. When really we own nearly 1/3 of the oil field, which you people are claiming is yours. Like I said verify with the United nation. 200 nautical miles of every nation is there own. So Ondo states owns most of the oil delta and balyase is claiming.  So MEND stay clear.

Look I am my brother keeper. I have lived in the north. And I know they have bad leader, but you have good common people. But it would not kill us to help them. If he plan nigeria well. But really the Oil field that falls into ondo should produce 1 million barrel of oil per day.   So I should be rich.

You claim
""'From the 13% derivation, Akwa-Ibom receive 22% monthly, Delta receives 30% monthly, Rivers and Bayelsa 18%; Ondo 7%; Imo 2.5%; Cross River 2.3%; Abia 1.4% and Edo the remainder"""

So if this is the formular it should change, ondo state should 40% and not 7%.

Look what i am saying is that you can keep derivation but you have to allow northern state too and other state the ability to generate revenue thru tax, which i listed above.

Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Ibime(m): 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

When really we own nearly 1/3 of the oil field, which you people are claiming is yours. Like I said verify with the United nation. 200 nautical miles of every nation is there own. So Ondo states owns most of the oil delta and balyase is claiming. So MEND stay clear.

If the oil lies in the Contiguous Zone (24 miles) of any state, they have sole rights to it. Unless the Continuous Zone of another State overlaps it.

Last time I checked, Ondo State and Bayelsa State Contiguous Zones do not overlap. Therefore Ondo State do not own anything in Bayelsa's Contiguous Zone.

If the oil lies outside any states' Contiguous Zone but falls within the Exclusive Economic Zone (200 miles) then every state within that range shares rights to that derivation, including Lagos State.

Nigeria1;;:

You claim
""'From the 13% derivation, Akwa-Ibom receive 22% monthly, Delta receives 30% monthly, Rivers and Bayelsa 18%; Ondo 7%; Imo 2.5%; Cross River 2.3%; Abia 1.4% and Edo the remainder"""

So if this is the formular it should change, ondo state should 40% and not 7%.

My above explanation renders this calculation completely baseless.

Besides, these calculations are based on onshore as well as offshore derivation. Since 66% of oil is produced onshore, the 34% produced offshore does not carry as much weight on the overall derivation.

Nigeria1;;:

Look what i am saying is that you can keep derivation but you have to allow northern state too and other state the ability to generate revenue through tax, which i listed above.

I think your words earlier were "They have no right to any derivation because the oil is in the Atlantic, not in their land."

I hope you recognise your hypocrisy.

Nigeria1;;:

Look I am my brother keeper. I have lived in the north. And I know they have bad leader, but you have good common people. But it would not kill us to help them. If he plan nigeria well.

I also want to be my brothers keeper, but for 48 years, the Hausa/Fulani have proved that they don't give a phock about no one. We produced their wealth but they did not take care of us at all. Infact they marginalised and degraded us. They do not even take care of their own people. I am happy to share any oil revenues with Igob, Yoruba, Middle Belt etc - but phock the North.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by gadogado(m): 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2008
[quote][/quote]What census??
The cows and goats in the North??

If they want more money, they should get off their lazy ass'es and go farm.

Why should the Niger delta keep feeding unproductive states like sokoto, Zamfara and the rest.

That 13% should be 85%.

Infact this country should change to a federal system of govt, then many of these state s would end up like Gongola and Bendel state.

Okija juju, dont be silly, your comments are absolutely nonsensical!!! the oil is not produced as a result of the productivity of Niger Deltans, it is a "NATURAL" resource which belongs to the federal government of Nigeria as stipulated by the constitution of Nigeria. So the federal government owns the oil. The govt. owns all and every region, every inch of land is owned by the govt. not an ethnic group. We live in a civilized world, post ethnic world where the central govt. is composed of people from all ethnic groups. Dont be an idiot here, dont embarrass yourself. The nations oil should be distributed according to the pupulation of the states, the least populated should get the least amount of money from oil. this is simple logic. when it comes to productivity, no region of nigeria is productive or meeting its full potential, we have outdated,dilapidated industrial outfits in all parts of the country, there are still industries like ashaka cement in the north which is functioning and producing, so please dont confuse yourself, productivity as economic/industrial activity is not the same as having a natural resource deep down in the ground, having oil does not make niger deltans a tad bit more productive than hausa people. please inform yourself before talking!!
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Ibime(m): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2008
gadogado:

Okija juju, don't be silly, your comments are absolutely nonsensical!!! the oil is not produced as a result of the productivity of Niger Deltans, it is a "NATURAL" resource which belongs to the federal government of Nigeria as stipulated by the constitution of Nigeria. So the federal government owns the oil. The govt. owns all and every region, every inch of land is owned by the govt. not an ethnic group. We live in a civilized world, post ethnic world where the central govt. is composed of people from all ethnic groups. Dont be an idiot here, don't embarrass yourself. The nations oil should be distributed according to the pupulation of the states, the least populated should get the least amount of money from oil. this is simple logic. when it comes to productivity, no region of nigeria is productive or meeting its full potential, we have outdated,dilapidated industrial outfits in all parts of the country, there are still industries like ashaka cement in the north which is functioning and producing, so please don't confuse yourself, productivity as economic/industrial activity is not the same as having a natural resource deep down in the ground, having oil does not make niger deltans a tad bit more productive than hausa people. please inform yourself before talking!!

Aboki, don't come here and talk nonsense. I saw you on the other thread talking nonsense saying the land is Federal Land and does not belong to the people, but I decided to ignore you. If oil was in the North, will you people share it with anybody? You will leave Nigeria sharp sharp.

Federal Govt owns what land? Are you talking about Obasanjo's illegal Land Act of 1978?

Read this:

The Land Use Act was enacted by Nigeria’s current president Olusegun Obasanjo, when he was military head of state in the 1970s. It states that land was to be “held in trust and administered for the use and common benefit of all Nigerians.”

“The rationale at the time,” according to Lagos property lawyer Tayo Odubanjo, “was that the government should act as the primary agent for the country’s development”. The act deliberately overrode customary rights to land, even if people had lived on it for generations, he said, because at the time local communities and land owners were seen as obstructing the government’s efforts to use land more effectively.

"There would be a very strong case for the law [but] the law failed to achieve this assumed role in practice," said Odunbanjo. Its negative consequences are being felt not just in the Niger Delta but throughout Nigeria, according to numerous studies.

"The Act concentrates both economic and political powers in the hands of few individuals who are abusing its spirit," according to the summary of a 2006 paper on the subject by academics Lasun Mykail Olayiwola and Olufemi Adeleye

Urbanist Geoffrey I. Nwaka, writing in 2005 in Global Urban Development Magazine, said [that] the law made "the procedure for obtaining and developing land become excessively bureaucratized, obstructive, and riddled with corruption. Restrictions on the availability of land, especially for the poor, encouraged the growth of more and more irregular settlements on the fringes of the towns or on vacant public land,” he said.

The law has also been blamed for the massive decrease in Nigeria's agricultural production in the decades subsequent to its enactment.

Also, in the Islamic north of the country, the law exacerbated what has been an almost-feudal social system, as the government disinvested farmers of their land and put it in the hand of the emirs, thus forcing farmers to work for them.

Though the law has clauses providing compensation to local farmers who were using requisitioned or polluted land, the prices [that] they have got in lieu of farming have been well below market prices, and many locals say [that] they have never received anything, anyway.

Fishing communities have rarely been compensated, as they have no visible evidence on which to base their claims. The government and oil companies have also generally refused to recognize the value [that] locals place on communal land. Thus claims of loses from communally owned shrines or sacred forests on which people rely for medicine or wild cane for goods such as raffia furniture have been rejected.

However experts agree that the law was initially created with the Niger Delta in mind, to make it cheaper and easier for the government and oil companies to start up oil ventures. They also agree that that is where the government applied the law most systematically, thus leaving more people dispossessed.

[size=14pt]My Note: Our Land was stolen in 1978 and we want it back.[/size]

"Before 1978, oil companies had troubles negotiating with the occupants of the land to access the oil," said Patterson Ogon the founding director of the Niger Delta-based Ijaw Council for Human Rights. "After the land act was implemented, occupants could wake up one morning to find oil companies already drilling on their property, and there was nothing [that] they could do about it."

During the recent election campaign, President-elect Umaru Yar'Adua did pledge to repeal the 1978 law, and he will take office on 29 May. He seems to be taking a gamble, going against the interests of the elites who have supported his campaign and who have greatly benefited from the law.

For the election campaign, Yar'Adua selected governor of Bayelsa State, Goodluck Jonathan, as his running mate. That he is an Ijaw, the dominant ethnic group in the Niger Delta, was widely seen as an attempt by Yar'Adua to win the confidence of people in the Niger Delta.

With the country now set to have an Ijaw vice-president, prominent Ijaw leader Edwin Clark has called on the Ijaw militants to put down their arms. Still many younger activists campaigning for local control of oil resources remain skeptical of Yar'Adua's intentions.

The burning question [that] they are asking is what kind of land law will Yar'Adua create to replace the current one. “He hasn't revealed that," said Ijaw rights activist, Wuloo Ikari. "By implication, a repeal of the obnoxious law will mean [that] oil resources will be immediately [transferred] from the federal government to the ethnic groups and communities that own all the oil land."

If this fails to happen, Ikari adds, Yar'Adua's promise will be seen as “a gimmick [and] the struggle for resource control in the Nigeria delta will continue".

But lawyer Odunbanjo warns that simply giving land rights back to locals is likely to create a whole new set of obstacles to Nigeria’s development and the equitable sharing of resources. “I don't think [that] it will work to simply reverse the law; there has to a compromise between the two extremes."
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2008
Sorry Balyase need to pay up too. MEND just attacked bonga fld. If I am correct from the map above it is ondo state, It produces 200,000 barrel per day. i use to think it was in delta and delta have been collecting money from it. but when I use may satellite picture thing. I discovery it fall into ondo state.

Since 66% of oil is produced onshore, the 34% produced offshore

Where did you get that from. No way. 80% is offshore , 20 % is onshore.

So I put oil field ondo state should be getting paid for at around 1 million barrel a day. But you know nigeria. they claim it is in delta state and balyase state,  nearly all of the oilfield delta and balyase offshore fall falls in ondo state.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Ibime(m): 2:10am On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

If I am correct from the map above it is ondo state, It produces 200,000 barrel per day. i use to think it was in delta and delta have been collecting money from it. but when I use may satellite picture thing. I discovery it fall into ondo state.

So I put oil field ondo state should be getting paid for at around 1 million barrel a day. But you know nigeria. they claim it is in delta state and balyase state, nearly all of the oilfield delta and balyase offshore fall falls in ondo state.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . . . . . serious question. . . . . are you autistic?

Nigeria1;;:

Where did you get that from. No way. 80% is offshore , 20 % is onshore.

And again:

Nigeria has total production capacity (total potential production capacity if all oil currently shut-in came back online) of three million barrels per day (bbl/d) including two million bbl/d onshore and one million bbl/d offshore.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Nigeria/Oil.html

If you don't get it, 2million/3million is 66.7%
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2008
here is our offshore add them it is over 2 million .

Bonga field  production of 225,000 bbl/d
Gbaran/Ubie field (220,000 bbl/d),
Erha  200,000 bbl/d
Yoho 150,000 bbl/d.
Bosi field (110,000 bbl/d)
Agbami  250,000 bbl/d.
FPSO 250,000 bbl/d of
Amenam 120,000 bbl/d
Akpo field (180,000 bbl/d)
Usan field (150,000 bbl/d).
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by naijaking1: 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2008
You can fight for revenue sharing formula all you want, but no formula guarantees justice for all. The best formula is no formula at all. Nigeria revenue should be from bottom up , not from top down. Untill we have a system where one group can have 1 million LGAs if they want, but the catch is that: Every person pays tax to the LGA, the LGA pays to the state, and the states pay to maintain the federal government. A pyramid is more stable when the base is grounded than when the apex is grounded.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by bilymuse: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2008
naijaking1
where did you get this formular from?
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by ono(m): 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2008
On a good day, I will not waste precious time replying this Nigeria1 guy. Ibime must be a very patient guy.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by naijaking1: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
bilymuse:

naijaking1
where did you get this formular from?

It's natural, realistic, and justified. How many times have you ever heard Texas and Ohio fighting over federal revenue allocations from Washington? The states are self sustaining, though they may recieve targeted allocations or matching funds from the federal governement occasionally.

The United States for example don't depend on Capitol hill to share and divide their national cake using any form of disreputable formula. The people, local and state governents pay into the federal coffer instead of the other way round as we do in naija. You should understand how money spent in Washington is justifiably the people's money; it came from the people.

The money spent by Abuja is from the "national cake", most Nigerians don't even know the size of their cake, that way they can't say when any piece goes missing.  You see another evil of the present revenue sharing formula deviced by the criminal ruling army officers of Nigeria?

Unchecked Corruption!
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by ogb5(m): 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2008
ono:

On a good day, I will not waste precious time replying this Nigeria1 guy. Ibime must be a very patient guy.

I feel that Nigeria 1 guy is either drunk, stupid, has IQ problems or downright mischievous. measuring 200 miles diagonally from ondo to bayelsa.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by naijaking1: 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
ono:

Old boy long time!

Nigeria 1 and Gadogado are realistic entities of ruling Nigerian opinon makers. I don't say they are correct, but since in all honesty they represent the elite of their various constituencies, they must be taken seriously or at least understood. Despite good Western education, it's obvious that they would do anything to hold on to their tenious advantaged position in Nigeria. The mistake we have made in the past was to dismiss their likes as unrealistic and impossible.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by naijaking1: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2008
ogb5:

I feel that Nigeria 1 guy is either drunk, stupid, has IQ problems or downright mischievous. measuring 200 miles diagonally from ondo to bayelsa.

That's my point. When Alhaji Ribadu got up one morning to decry the paucity of Northern army officers in the Nigerian army, many people like Ironsi, AKintola, and Osadebe called him drunk and stupid, because he as the minister of defence, he decreed accelerated training of army officers from the north to balance what he saw as lopsided balance in the favor of the south. "How can you balance the number of army officers from the north with the south when it takes so many years to train an officer they reasoned" Today, you and me know who won that argument. So, please don't call them stupid, mischievous, maybe. Nobody hands over power voluntarily.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Uche2nna(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2008
ogb5:

grin grin grin
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by ogb5(m): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2008
naijaking1:

Old boy long time!

Nigeria 1 and Gadogado are realistic entities of ruling Nigerian opinon makers. I don't say they are correct, but since in all honesty they represent the elite of their various constituencies, they must be taken seriously or at least understood. Despite good Western education, it's obvious that they would do anything to hold on to their tenious advantaged position in Nigeria. The mistake we have made in the past was to dismiss their likes as unrealistic and impossible.

they are the type that cause problems for unsuspecting people by simple omissions. measuring nautical miles diagonally, just as Nigeria 1 is doing is incorrect, and am very sure he knows it. if we measure 200 miles diagonally from badagry, we will be in Accra Ghana, then their little offshore oil will belong to Lagos state.

200 nautical miles is measured perpendicular to the shore, that's 90 degree to the shoreline. So Nigeria 1, measure your 200 miles at right angles to the shores of ondo and tell us how you arrive in delta and bayelsa shores
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 7:58am On Aug 05, 2008
it is not line perpendicular to the coast. it is done base on a compass. You have a compass that have north and south. My father use to sail. so i know how compass work and i was in the boy scout. A compass is a scientific instrument use to determine direction.

What they do is they take a compass and use it determine how it works. that why even why perpendicular BAKASSI look part of nigeria. the world court says no way. If you use the north and south of a compass. Bakassi is in camerron. I am sorry. please find out . read more story. you can have a large coast but own nothing.

do you know what a compass look like , here is a picture below.

If it is perpendicular, then all the oilfield that is in river state , akwa ibom , bayelase, cross river all fall into the 200 nautical miles of cameroon. Should will return the oilfield to cameroon. ??

Ondo state own 800,000 barrel of oil per days.

Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by ogb5(m): 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
you need to go and learn. one question, how is the north sea oil partitioned between the uk and Norway. if you know that you will know how it should be done.

you said they use compass, how do they use the compass, what is the function of the compass in the process.
you can't fool everyone you know
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by jide42(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
Stop using all these unconclusive irregular and unreliable diagrams to support your argument. The land belongs to niger delta and thats it. Forget all this "its federal land" therefore it belongs to everyone. The fact that other states other than those in the niger delta get some part of the derivation should be good enough. If you ask me the best way to handle this (and I am not from niger delta) niger delta should keep all there money from oil except what is taxed by the gov't. That is the way America and most of the industrilised societies of the world do things. THe more money you make, the more taxes you pay. So if niger delta makes a boat load of money than all the other parts of nigeria than, niger delta will be taxed higher, and that tax money dispersed equally throughout the federation.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Oracle14(m): 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ Nigeria 1
This is the most pathetic thread I have read, It contains tribal sentiment of the tribe u arguing for.
If you can make tangible the intangible consequences of the oil exploration and exploitation in the Niger delta and subtract that value from what ever amount you have been calculating; then you will know 40 million Yoruba's live a good life with 14,560 billion,

They have the ability to still plant there crops, acid rain has reduced soil fertility, and affected fish habitats in the Niger delta, so man if u can cost those impacts u will find out Rivers state only receives a quarter of the figures you gave.

To also remind you, try using you thinking faculty before you put stuff here angry
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 1:02am On Aug 07, 2008
Mr, So you think the pollution of the sea does not affect my people. So the oil companies did not pollute ondo state and other state. the water does not flow to other state habi,  there is no tribal sentiment on the issue. It is important issue that need to stop. We can not continous to allow the disparity in revenue allocation. When their is first a bias in the way the oil derivation is given, while Ondo state offshore oilfield have been allocated to delta. It can't continue. Look I am stating here on the internet, Please kindly quote me. It can not continue.

Look if they do not want my people in Nigeria we are willing to leave Nigeria. I can tell you and others that the Yorubas race is willing to leave Nigeria. Please quote me on this.  We would take the 800,000 barrel of oil per day with us. Thank God , you people will still have 2 million barrel per day.  I do not care how many spirit of your fore father have told you that you own the sea. Go and tell the world court that.

If we do not start seen the revenue allocation change in the next few month. We would be force to take action against.  How fair is it that all the oilfield on ondo state 200 nautical miles is given to delta and bayelsa state. Look you people can keep your 2 million barrel per day. If it does not change . Count us out.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by naijaking1: 3:27am On Aug 07, 2008
@Nigeria1
Are you threatening to leave Nigeria? I'm scared. I'm shaking in my pants, just like you guys left in 1965, abi?
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2008
Why should will not react naijaking,

Look at the last demotion in the police. The Yorubas were targeted by the govt for demotion,  40 yorubas were demoted, compare to 19 northerners and 5 igbos ( Okori police boss is Igbo) How do you expect us to love a nation that hate us so bad and discriminate against us. How do you expect people to love nigeria. tell me.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by sleekp1: 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2008
@Poster
Tell the 40 Million Yorubas to contribute more. Since Rivers state contribute nearly all our exports the least they could get is N15,o97billion. I think they should get more.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2008
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by sleekp1: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2008
If River's state was to calve out their own country from Nigeria, they'd probably be next to south africa in terms of riches. The goose that lays the golden egg is getting tired of laying eggs only for you parasites to come  steal it.
Re: 40 Million Yorubas Get N14,560 Billion While River State Get N15,097billion by Nigeria17: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2008
good leave nigeria. bye. yes with the leader you have. Make alam your president . Why don't you tell yourself the truth, that you problem is bad leaders.

The south south have bad leader. Look I can tell you, if for the same amount, Nigeria have pump half of the money they pump into the south south into Yorubaland. We would look like abroad. Even for what we get. we still do far far better than you people. So what is wrong with your people. Please tell me.

http://.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education / Religious Leaders Kick Against Security Levies On Churches, Mosques In Oyo / Twelve Most Peaceful And Friendly States In Nigeria According To Political Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.