Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,976 members, 7,852,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:34 PM

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply (44647 Views)

Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by size38: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Of all the allegations in OBJ's letter to GEJ, why is GEJ and the public are focusing more on the Training of Snipers? Or those GEJ feels that other issues raised on that letter are not important? Ofcourse we don't need OBJ's letter to see the high level corruption going on. Or are we not seeing the gradual collapse of PDP under GEJ's leadership? So what are we talking again her
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
A president, that a single university dared over renaming of their school and he shamefully reversed it, is now the one that will take on OBJ and the Generals.

Mscheeeeeew.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by jmaine: 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Check my post on page 4 for some of his lofty and commendable and ''yet-to-be'' rivalled achievements

About 80% of what you wrote there wasn't achieved before his stood in for a second term re-election.

Only the fairly affordable telecom service is worth mentioning.

I did be happy if you prove my 80% assertion wrong. Thanks . . .
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

About 80% of what you wrote there wasn't achieved before his stood in for a second term re-election.

Only the fairly affordable telecom service is worth mentioning.

I did be happy if you prove my 80% assertion wrong. Thanks . . .

What of the ripple effect of the telecoms on job creation and on the economy as a whole.

If those are the only achievements, he tried. these were achievements that caught across all the strata of the economy and every nook and cranny of the country -- from mubi to saki, hadejia to ogoja, Ngeru to Bonny and kaura namoda to badagry.

even sick yar Adua had Amnesty to show, a policy that affected the country for good.

Where is GEJ's own apart from anti-people policies, fighting real and imaginary enemies etc

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Olaolufred(m): 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
PARTY DEEP-IN POO.(PDP)

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by ChikezieU(m): 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
ebenezer4o2: GEJ should be very benevolent else if he tries any shi.t with OBJ,then,we shall all revolt against him and make this govt ungovernable...u all know what dat means?
i dont can you explain?
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by jmaine: 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

What of the ripple effect of the telecoms on job creation and on the economy as a whole.

If those are the only achievements, he tried. these were achievements that caught across all the strata of the economy and every nook and cranny of the country -- from mubi to saki, hadejia to ogoja, Ngeru to Bonny and kaura namoda to badagry.

even sick yar Adua had Amnesty to show, a policy that affected the country for good.

Where is GEJ's own apart from anti-people policies, fighting real and imaginary enemies etc

Talking about job creation, the impressive agricultural reforms is creating jobs. The various massive construction work is creating jobs. In the manufacturing section; the returning companies who left our shores a while ago will create jobs, the big ones coming in like Nissan will create jobs.Maybe you haven't heard of the giant strides achieved recently in our bid to diversify our economy from over dependence on oil.All those are worthy signs with respect to Job creation.

Earlier, you were bashing the YOUWIN programme targeting the small scale entrepreneurs positioned to employers of Labour. I should also ask you if you know the ripple effects of supporting over 3,000 businesses capable of stimulating lots of local business to generate lots of employment directly or indirectly . . .

If you can comfortably label Yar Adua amnesty program as an achievement , then am deeply touched. grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by fiizznation: 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
I ll still remain neutral in this "baba and son" show of shame
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by karpentar: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

We are laffing.

The ones that could not even invite a woman, stealer Oduah, will now invite obj.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

This nairaland sef!! wetin concern security agencies with "stealer Oduah"? That one na EFCC matter. Oduah is not a security threat but just an alleged thief. Think, it's easy.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

Talking about job creation, the impressive agricultural reforms is creating jobs. The various massive construction work is creating jobs. In the manufacturing section; the returning companies who left our shores a while ago will create jobs, the big ones coming in like Nissan will create jobs.[b]Maybe you haven't heard of the giant strides recorded in GEJ bid to diversify our economy from over dependence on oil. All those are worthy signs with respect to Job creation.

Earlier, you were bashing the YOUWIN programme targeting the small scale entrepreneurs positioned to employers of Labour. I should also ask you if you know the ripple effects of supporting over 4,000 businesses capable of employing lots of people over the years.

If you can comfortably label Yar Adua amnesty program as an achievement , then am deeply touched. grin

Man mii, all nah part of fresh breeze grin grin grin

Where is the massive construction?
Also, tell us the about the returning companies.
Companies Eg Nissan said they are coming. They are coming is different from we are here.
How has he diversified the economy?

Agriculture has improved, I agree.

All the nonsense economic jargons and indices that Madam Okonjo is always spewing does not translate to anything to ordinary Nigerians, which is the most important thing.

Programmes like YOUWIN are pet projects that will die a natural death in years to come. We have seen it in the past. Not being pessimistic, just by mere observing the lifespan of such lofty projects. How many people in your state have you seen that the programme transformed their lives. Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
karpentar:

This nairaland sef!! wetin concern security agencies with "stealer Oduah"? That one na EFCC matter. Oduah is not a security threat but just an alleged thief. Think, it's easy.

A govt that cannot invite alleged thief, will now invite or arrest alleged security threat?

When you overlook little sins, bigger sins becomes more difficult to punish.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by karpentar: 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
T-smooth:
What of Asari Dokubo that threatens the peace of this country? #Free Obj or bloodshed will.....

What of Buhari or if you like Buhari that threatened blood? What do you even mean "free OBJ"? Is he under arrest. Nothing wey man no go hear for this nairaland.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by callmenow: 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
John Maynard Keynes — 'When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? @ceo4eva, will you concur?

ceo4eva:
I used to think you're a supporter of OBJ?....
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by callmenow: 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
On a serious note, OBJ must be arrested to provide solid evidence to back up his assertions. If he fails to provide the said evidence, then he must be charged with wasting the police and security forces time, which carries a minimum term of 4 years. This will send a signal to Jonathan haters that it is not business as usual.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by callmenow: 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
You are focussed on Nigeria. Thai and Indian news channel carried the news in their countries. Is that fair in your view?

size38: Of all the allegations in OBJ's letter to GEJ, why is GEJ and the public are focusing more on the Training of Snipers? Or those GEJ feels that other issues raised on that letter are not important? Of course we don't need OBJ's letter to see the high level corruption going on. Or are we not seeing the gradual collapse of PDP under GEJ's leadership? So what are we talking again her
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by jmaine: 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Man mii, all nah part of fresh breeze grin grin grin

Where is the massive construction?
Also, tell us the about the returning companies.
Companies Eg Nissan said they are coming. They are coming is different from we are here.
How has he diversified the economy?

Agriculture has improved, I agree.

All the nonsense economic jargons and indices that Madam Okonjo is always spewing does not translate to anything to ordinary Nigerians, which is the most important thing.

Programmes like YOUWIN are pet projects that will die a natural death in years to come. We have seen it of in the past.not being pessimistic, just by mere observing the lifespan of such lofty projects. How many people in your state have you seen that the programme transformed their lives. Just asking.

The various road construction are massive cos they cut across states, even the railway sector sef na another thing.

The companies coming back are among those who ported to Ghana.

Pertaining to YOUWIN,that program is changing people stories . Shocking even the pessimists and anti GEJ folks are codely applying while going on a 30 fast to win grin.

I personally know 5 people doing very well and are currently expanding their business into other states.

Do you feel such expansion won't benefit those states via taxes and employment opportunities.

There will be a YOUWIN 4,5,6 when GEJ wins his second term. Think about it. grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by amakenny: 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

We are laffing.

The ones that could not even invite a woman, stealer Oduah, will now invite obj.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Stealer Oduah? In your clannish mindset.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by searay(m): 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013: If Mr President was nearly prostrating in his childish letter, and calling OBJ "Baba" almost 30times, what will the journalist of NPF/SSS/NIA do?
GEJ once siad that some Nigerians are above the law. OBJ is one of them. Now tell me hw corruption will leave this country.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by fiizznation: 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
undecided asari dokubo and his likes hav made more serious threat to the nation's security...... " If GEJ didn't win the 2015 elections, the nation ll not know peace" . This threat is more serious than obj's allegations.
GEJ is jst very myopic and clueless, jst of recant he foolishly send the efcc team to harass and arrest some APC members in d HORs of Kano state jst because he has some mis-understandings with the state governor....

U fight everybody in the country jst because of ur 2015 ambition and yet some corrupt officials In ur cabinet r still walking freely without a single anti-corruption body on their neck.

GEJ shd thread with caution.. He ll leave that seat someday. If ur aides dnt knw hw to use dere mouths, thumbs and pens wisely, u shdnt follow there suit.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Ogbonaikenna(m): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

See you. we are not like y1bos always supporting corruption, in the name of she is our daughter.

Nobody cares a pint about OBJ. What we stand for his justice. OBJ's daughter lost in front of his dad's house; Koro, a PDP chairman is the LG Chairman of where Tinubu's house. That is yorubas for you. We careless about party or people. Performance is the major thing. opposition to GEJ in SW is not because of any party, it is solely because of his mediocre performance.

We supported OBJ for 2nd term based on performance and we opposed his 3rd term strongly.

That is called being fair.
mention his so called performance
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by cjrane: 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
Obasanjo probably thinks he has a right to threaten the peace of Nigeria without consequences. The government of Nigeria should treat seriously any citizen no matter how highly placed that threaten the peaceful corporate existence of this country.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by callmenow: 5:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
When you say 'we'. what do you mean? You and your wife or every Yoruba in Nigeria? No such thing. There is a difference between wishful thinking and cold light of the day. You need to move around a bit more. Everyone is looking out for their interests. Please try to be objective.... It is not necessary to be a Jonathan FAN. It is not by force. We know where you are and who you support. However, the collective whole is bigger than your personal interest. Let us encourage him to give us his best for now, until 2015. Don't belittle our intelligence with your wrong impressions. When you are in Abuja, let me know, so that I can show you NIGERIA, not just opposition propaganda

papparatzzi2013:

See you. we are not like y1bos always supporting corruption, in the name of she is our daughter.

Nobody cares a pint about OBJ. What we stand for his justice. OBJ's daughter lost in front of his dad's house; Koro, a PDP chairman is the LG Chairman of where Tinubu's house. That is yorubas for you. We [/b]careless about party or people. Performance is the major thing. opposition to GEJ in SW is not because of any party, it is solely because of his mediocre performance.

[b]We
supported OBJ for 2nd term based on performance and we opposed his 3rd term strongly.

That is called being fair.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by abm2pistle(m): 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
ebenezer4o2: GEJ should be very benevolent else if he tries any shi.t with OBJ,then,we shall all revolt against him and make this govt ungovernable...u all know what dat means?

Young man i can see that you are parading your self with APC. Let me quickly remind you that GEJ is the highest power in this country currently, that Obj has done him and the entire country great injustice for openly accusing him of those allegations.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by callmenow: 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
Jonathan is using carrot and stick ...

abm2pistle:

Young man i can see that you are parading your self with APC. Let me quickly remind you that GEJ is the highest power in this country currently, that Obj has done him and the entire country great injustice for openly accusing him of those allegations.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
"
jmaine:

The various road construction are massive cos they cut across states, even the railway sector sef na another thing.

The companies coming back are among those who ported to Ghana.

Pertaining to YOUWIN,that program is changing people stories . Shocking even the pessimists and anti GEJ folks are codely applying while going on a 30 fast to win grin.

I personally know 5 people doing very well and are currently expanding their business into other states.

Do you feel such expansion won't benefit those states via taxes and employment opportunities.

There will be a YOUWIN 4,5,6 when GEJ wins his second term. Think about it. grin

Ok oooo. If he wins.

I don't know how he will win, with fighting the north and south west. His best bet is for him to perfect his rigging machinery. Remember, you can only rig where you are popular and accepted.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by fiizznation: 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
cjrane: Obasanjo probably thinks he has a right to threaten the peace of Nigeria without consequences. The government of Nigeria should treat seriously any citizen no matter how highly placed that threaten the peaceful corporate existence of this country.
GEJ is jst hallucinating, jst give this issue a week, and u won't hear anything abt it.. That's 9ja 4 u. grin
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
callmenow: When you say 'we'. what do you mean? You and your wife or every Yoruba in Nigeria? No such thing. There is a difference between wishful thinking and cold light of the day. You need to move around a bit more. Everyone is looking out for their interests. Please try to be objective....

Funny you.

You are a novice.

I am a Yoruba to the core and I know the mentality and thinking of the people. The "We" is Yorubas. If I move around more than I have done, I will turn to genie then.

Yorubas are not republican or individualistic.they go for bloc vote. Once a verdict is passed on a candidate, that is the end.

If you think I am not being objective, then you are a novice once more.

I will be on Arik first flight to Abuja on Monday. What is in Abuja that you want to show me?

Do you think I am for APC or A whatever. I careless about political party. Mine is performance. That is Yorubas for you. Ask AD, ask PDP. The day ACN or APC feels they have overachieved and they have turned to Demigods, they will be shown the way. 1000tinubus won't be able to save them.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by jmaine: 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013: "

Ok oooo. If he wins.

I don't know how he will win, with fighting the north and south west. His best bet is for him to perfect his rigging machinery. Remember, you can only rig where you are popular and accepted.

The APC is not the South West , neither does OBJ represent the South West. The core North can threaten all they like, the important part is they allow elections to be peaceful in their abode.

The Southern Hemisphere is GEJ to lose and so far, he is still strong as we speak . . . grin
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by callmenow: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
It is that time of the year. Who should be the man of the year. I mean a Nigerian who has impacted Nigeria with wisdom, humility and gracefully. I am tempted to say Jonathan. However, I will give it to the Keshi and his Flying Eagles for raising the profiles of the nation positively. I am most grateful. Best wishes to them in Brazil next year. I will try and visit at least a match next year in Brazil.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by callmenow: 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Omo, Ilé ọba tójó ẹwà ló bùsi. Díẹ̀ díẹ̀ nimú ẹlẹ́dẹ̀ẹ́ fi ń wọgbà

jmaine:

The APC is not the South West , neither does OBJ represent the South West. The core North can threaten all they like, the important part is they allow elections to be peaceful in their abode.

The Southern Hemisphere is GEJ to lose and so far, he is still strong as we speak . . . grin
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

All of you always make a mistake of equating ACN or APC to SW. Yeah they are very strong there, but it is not because of the party, it is has a result of performance.

When they fail, they will be shown the way. They know it, that is why they will keep performing. That is the major reason why Awolowo was and he is very popular because he made performance the basis for re-election and not blind politics.

Like I told you, OBJ's daughter lost in front of her father's house and Tinubu,s house is under a local govt being controlled by PDP.

If GEJ politicians are deceiving him about SW vote, he should think twice. He knows the reason why he flew down to Lagos 2days to. The last general election.

If you think he is still strong in the south, SE and SS, I guess. Definitely not SW .
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
callmenow: Omo, Ilé ọba tójó ẹwà ló bùsi. Díẹ̀ díẹ̀ nimú ẹlẹ́dẹ̀ẹ́ fi ń wọgbà

So omo kaaro ojire ni e.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits His Son At The Hospital, Security Tightened / Yahaya Bello, Onoja: As Crack Emerges Between Kogi Governor & Deputy / Corpses Of 8 Boko Haram Terrorists & Weapons Recovered By Troop Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.