Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (7172 Views)

Woman Was Married To Two Men At The Same Time In Lagos / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 25, 2013
I believe in faith. Why dont u ask God to change your genotype before u get married. Thats better for you. Dont allow ur kids to suffer for your 'faith'. That will be very painful you know. You will not be happy and fulfilled in marriage if you have to go through that. Marriage is NOT just 'I LOVE you'. What if you have kids with SS? That can drown your faith yo know. U may live like a defeated Xtian.

Just my thought. Please pardon me
Re: . by Connoisseur(m): 9:34am On Dec 25, 2013
Toktee: You don't give God dateline my dear,i got married nov 24 last year,have my first kid,it was after the last shiloh that my genotype changed,hope you don't blive me,better do

alas my wedding day mate

@op
i have been in your shoes. i loved a woman dearly but we are both AS. my case was worse because i used to believe i was AA. you already know whats best for you
Re: . by baralatie(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2013
dominique:

Omg! SS plus any other? Where on earth did you get these figures from. Pls don't mislead others. if you don't have anything meaningful to say, no be by force to comment.

Op with your current situation, the propability of having SS kids is 0.25%, AS 0.5%, AA 0.25%. Means at least one out of four kids will be SS. Could as well be your first. If you and your fiancé willing to spend the bulk of your married lives taking care of a sick child and watching your child suffer, you have my blessings.
let me explain the probability calculation uery wel for u guys:

+'AS' wit 'As'
there are only 3 probable outcomes.i.e.
'AA' , 'AS', 'SS'
Each of the genotype has a probability of occuring at a given selection=0.33(33% that any one can happen not 0.25)

let us move further.u case involved aving 4 kids(op wants 2)

these are probable combination:

+either al 4 kids are 'Aa'

+3 Kids are 'Aa' and 1 'Ss'

+2 kids are 'Aa' and 2 'Ss'

+1 Kid 'Aa' and 3 kid 'Ss'

+4 kids all 'Ss'
that is u av 5 options.using 0.33 as a grad calculate their prob.

But poster case is 2 kids.let us see her options

+2 kids are 'Aa'

+1 kid 'Aa' AND 1 Kid 'As'

+2 kids All 'Ss'
she has 3 options.using 0.33 calculate their prob.

Please guys reconsider u stand.this is not malaria that u go and buy tablet.
Re: . by Abali1(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2013
baralatie:
let me explain the probability calculation uery wel for u guys:

+'AS' wit 'As'
there are only 3 probable outcomes.i.e.
'AA' , 'AS', 'SS'
Each of the genotype has a probability of occuring at a given selection=0.33(33% that any one can happen not 0.25)

let us move further.u case involved aving 4 kids(op wants 2)

these are probable combination:

+either al 4 kids are 'Aa'

+3 Kids are 'Aa' and 1 'Ss'

+2 kids are 'Aa' and 2 'Ss'

+1 Kid 'Aa' and 3 kid 'Ss'

+4 kids all 'Ss'
that is u av 5 options.using 0.33 as a grad calculate their prob.

But poster case is 2 kids.let us see her options

+2 kids are 'Aa'

+1 kid 'Aa' AND 1 Kid 'As'

+2 kids All 'Ss'
she has 3 options.using 0.33 calculate their prob.

Please guys reconsider u stand.this is not malaria that u go and buy tablet.
I think you are looking at it wrongly. Now see this anology......
AS vs AS
A cross with A = AA
A cross with S = AS
S cross with A = AS
S cross with S = SS
That gives you 0.25% probability in every pregnancy that may occur.
Your 0.33% analogy is wrong.

1 Like

Re: . by baralatie(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2013
Abali1:
AS vs AS
A cross with A = AA
A cross with S = AS
S cross with A = AS
S cross with S = SS
let us use ur factor
what is the prob dat
+all 4 are not 'Ss'

+all 4 are 'Ss'

+only 3 'AA'

+Only 3 'Ss'

+only 1 'AA'

+önly 1 'SS'
Re: . by Abali1(m): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2013
baralatie:
let us use ur factor
what is the prob dat
+all 4 are not 'Ss'

+all 4 are 'Ss'

+only 3 'AA'

+Only 3 'Ss'

+only 1 'AA'

+önly 1 'SS'
Bia......I no dey follow you drag mathematics on Christmas day.

1 Like

Re: . by baralatie(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2013
Abali1:
Bia......I no dey follow you drag mathematics on Christmas day.
lol
i do pray God should help in discovering a meaningful cure for al 'Ss' gen
Merry Xmas!
Re: . by Abali1(m): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
baralatie:
lol
i do pray God should help in discovering a meaningful cure for al 'Ss' gen
Merry Xmas!
Amen.
Merry Christmas
Re: . by Toktee(m): 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
n.oxide:

I'll believe you when you said there was an error in one of your genotype test
I SAID THAT TO A BELIEVER NOT TO MUHAMEDIAN OR ARTHIS,SO,I DONT ASK 4 UR OPINION OK.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
Toktee: I SAID THAT TO A BELIEVER NOT TO MUHAMEDIAN OR ARTHIS,SO,I DONT ASK 4 UR OPINION OK.

More than once I've seen where patients'/people's lab result have been altered for one thing or the other so I know why I said what I said

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Re: . by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
Abali1:
AS vs AS
A cross with A = AA
A cross with S = AS
S cross with A = AS
S cross with S = SS

Your right. May I add that in reality it could be only the 0.25% that manifests. My grandparents where AS, had 6 kids and lost them all before their 2nd year of life. My mum is the only survivor because she is AS.
Re: . by Abali1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
n.oxide:

Your right. May I add that in reality it could be only the 0.25% that manifests. My grandparents where AS, had 6 kids and lost them all before their 2nd year of life. My mum is the only survivor because she is AS.
That is why I said,
Abali1:

0.25% probability in every pregnancy that may occur.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
n.oxide:

Thank you
I said earlier,my classmate in college and her husband have three kids I believe and all of them are SS
I hope this poster is assimilating all these hard truths
Re: . by Abali1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
Baby mama:

Thank you
I said earlier,my classmate in college and her husband have three kids I believe and all of them are SS
I hope this poster is assimilating all these hard truths

Baby mama,
some people like to gamble with Fate, thinking they have Faith.
That is why I always say, WHY PUT YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.
If I begin to tell stories ehh...... forget.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
Abali1:
Baby mama,
some people like to gamble with Fate, thinking they have Faith.
That is why I always say, WHY PUT YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.
If I begin to tell stories ehh...... forget.

Don't mind them
Can I count how many old classmates of mine have passed away

Chika died in our elementary school
Uche first class brain,died while an engineering student
Elizabeth died as a medical doctor
Kubee died as a medical doctor
My own cousin K died in his teens
Chima died as a medical doctor

Just to mention a few
Re: . by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
Baby mama:

Don't mind them
Can I count how many old classmates of mine have passed away

Chika died in our elementary school
Uche first class brain,died while an engineering student
Elizabeth died as a medical doctor
Kubee died as a medical doctor
My own cousin K died in his teens
Chima died as a medical doctor

Just to mention a few

One weird thing to note is that these poor chaps are very intelligent. Similar profile with my friend list

Bobby, top 5 in class JS2
Chiboy, computer whiz kid (learned a programming language on his when in SS 2)
... Don't want to continue sad
Re: . by Sissie(f): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Most people who are AS and consider marrying an AS, do not know the implications, and don't fully understand it. Probably haven't been a primary caregiver for an SS person during crises, or witnessed someone having a crisis.

Scientific developments has made managing it easier, but why take chances especially when your not sure how severe the crisis may be for the child.

I know it's possible to have 4 children without having an SS, but it's a risk.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sissie: Most people who are AS and consider marrying an AS, do not know the implications, and don't fully understand it. Probably haven't been a primary caregiver for an SS person during crises, or witnessed someone having a crisis.

Scientific developments has made managing it easier, but why take chances especially when your not sure how severe the crisis may be for the child.

I know it's possible to have 4 children without having an SS, but it's a risk.

Managing easier,how many live to get married?
Some of the people I mentioned in my post were born out here with the best healthcare and still died at young ages in this Obodo oyibo
It is a risk no one should ever take knowingly
It is selfish and wicked to put the future of an innocent child in jeopardy because you claim to be in love
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: . by Sissie(f): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
Baby mama:

Managing easier,how many live to get married?

Most of the SS people I know are doing well, managing easier, and do not have frequent crisis.

Many live to get married.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sissie, very few of them r managing well.
If u hv be privelgd to take care of a sickler,u will be wishing they will die and rest instead of living a life of constant pain and misery.
Very intelligent set of pple.

What is lv? Who only marry for lv nowadays?
Some churches can't even wed u if u both were AS.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sissie:

Most of the SS people I know are doing well, managing easier, and do not have frequent crisis.

Many live to get married.

You are totally clueless
Doing well because you see them smiling?

Fact

More than 80,000 Americans have sickle cell disease and despite decades of research the average life expectancy has dropped from 42 in 1995 to 39 today. It is a disease that largely targets the African-American community and to a lesser degree the Hispanic community.
http://www.cirm.ca.gov/our-progress/sickle-cell-anemia-fact-sheet

In Nigeria that life span is well below 25 on the average,the oldest I know was a physician died before 40 despite excellent healthcare in the UK
Keep encouraging ignorance
The only cure for SS is bone marrow or stem cell transplant from a perfect match
How many can afford it and how many can find a match
Who in their right mind would know that a child or all the children they will bring into this world would suffer tremendously and will die one by one and go ahead to do it
Re: . by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Sissie, very few of them r managing well.
If u hv be privelgd to take care of a sickler,u will be wishing they will die and rest instead of living a life of constant pain and misery.

Don't mind people that log in and speak from ignorance
This poster needs to take a trip to a hospital ward with SS children and reality will set in
Re: . by Sissie(f): 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Sissie, very few of them r managing well.

Am not of the support that they wed, totally against it.what am saying is it's easier to manage SS now compared to 5 years ago.

YPP I have been a primary care giver for an SS, and I know how I felt and could only imagine how she must have felt. But I never wished she died instead of living, I wouldnt wish that.

My point is if am an SS person and I read about some stuffs people wrote, I would feel sad it's like saying I have a death sentence or I would die before 25, like theirs no hope, am just saying it's easier to manage, been easier to manage don't mean the pain isn't there, It just means they have crisis a little less frequently and the pain reduces from like a 10 to 8.
Re: . by Sissie(f): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
Baby mama:

Don't mind people that log in and speak from ignorance
This poster needs to take a trip to a hospital ward with SS children and reality will set in

I really do not know who you are fighting with.

Who is clueless and speaking from ignorance?

We are not arguing.

Who's encouraging ignorance?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
I am sure there are some SS people on this forum
Perhaps you need to share your personal experiences with this poster
It may be better for the lovebird to hear from the mouth of someone living with SS
Re: . by baralatie(m): 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
Baby mama: I am sure there are some SS people on this forum
It may be better for the lovebird to hear from the mouth of someone living with SS
as long as some of the ppl who are on this tread av not seen what it is to be 'SS'THE BATTLE FOR LIFE.
Where money flow but no be 4 here!
Anybody wey get liver just come 'sickle cel center,idiaraba,lagos'
just nominate urself to care when 1 is in crisis!
U wil shed tears!

In short make op & lover go there and care 4 an 'Ss' child for exp.
Re: . by Abali1(m): 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Baby mama: I am sure there are some SS people on this forum
Baby mama, calm down. Sissie is not encouraging them..... she is just saying things from her own point of view.
@Sharing experiences, even if we were all to come out and write 100 pages some people (AS/AS) will still go ahead and marry in the name of love. Then they will turn to Prayer Warriors believing God that SS babies will never be their portion.
Re: . by Abali1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Did you all notice that this thread is the only topic the Op has ever created on NL.
Am sure she is very disturbed about the situation and hoping that at least some people will back her in her quest to marry lover boy.
"Love is truely blind, but marriage is the eye opener."

1 Like

Re: . by gidjah(m): 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
Toktee: When i brought my result and that of my wife to whch was As-As,my pastor asked us"btw God and man whose report do you believed or can u believed"we chorus,GOD and today we are happily married,our first kid is doing well,if you don't want to complicate matters using ur hands,pls take this threat off nairaland else when you are thru reading all the coments that will come in,you will become a confused person.I really pity u bro , is ds the kind of advice you proffer to lost mind?? U seem to b lost here too.God gave us brains and wissdom so we dnt hv to disturb him unecvesssarily.I hv close familly frnds ,very wealthy in fct were I reside mtheyve got 3kids d 2nd is an ss comin frm dem, dat yopung son of. Theirs in second sch till date is source of sorrow and pains in that familly, all d money they make partly go on miracvles medics, I am a witness to wt the family is goin tru till date , I wnt wish even my enemy get in genotyoe union troubles, u will never be happy wit your self wen the attack starts with that child.my female colleaque at d office just lost a 21 year old beautifull and intelligent SS daughter.Pls dnt even go there my dr. I am also a clergy. If God doeS the miracle b4 d weddin , that's pretty fine else DON'T!!!
Go with GOD.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
Better be safe than regretfully sorry.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sissie, I get ur point.
Still, those that r victims r here with us. We show them uttermost lv.
We can only discourage such union so we will hv less victims.

One almost died in my hands. Till date, I just can't erase her memory. She started as med surg student, ended up changing school to read med lab and died some weeks to camp.
Her name was chinonye. Black and beautiful, we call her Genny Nnaji.
Her bro leg got twisted. He was formally working in south africa and doing well but constant crises brought him home and he has to beg for money for his routine drug at times.

I didn't read d beginning of this thread but from d caption, that person should not try it.

1 Like

Re: . by koolg: 12:17am On Dec 26, 2013
Abali1:
AS vs AS
A cross with A = AA
A cross with S = AS
S cross with A = AS
S cross with S = SS

oga you are wrong.
there is the possibility that out of 8 children, all 8 children are SS, just that the chance of that is small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Effect Of Single Parenting On A Child / SAD! Pears Baby Lotion Reigning Queen Somkeme Chukwuka Eze Dies At 2 / The Pointless 1 Year Old Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.