Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 (29954 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Xmas Message To Nigerians - Read / Throwback: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Burnt House In Kaduna,1966 Where He Died / Nigeria Military Xmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by paschalndidi(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

But Ibos have been telling their offspring that Hausas have always hated them and their religion. Wow!!
If its not hatred, what is it? You killed ibos, destroyed their businesses and yet you say its not hatred

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by klas(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2013
The mere fact that he had to address the issue of religious tolerance in a Christmas message as far back as 1959 means Naija don dey get tension tay tay.

9 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by IamDebola: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
Abeg, anybody get charger for Nokia 3310?
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by iamtheprincipal: 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu: This was the man some never do well went to kill i his house with his wife.

May those who killed him and other leaders on January 15 1966 never know peace in their life till the 6th generation and all those related to them

You must be very stupid in your thought and position.

6 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Akpan107(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

But Ibos have been telling their offspring that Hausas have always hated them and their religion. Wow!!
... And when i checked out your profile name, it reads ''Ibo killer''
i dont really care who you are and where you came from, but one thing i know is that, a day is coming, when every killer would be totally destroyed.

7 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
DR PYGRU: “This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.” ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960

This is the real Sadauna. As for fluency of the original post, the British aide wrote it for him. Remember this was pre-independence in 1959. The above quote in the month of independence October 1960 after the British aides had departed is more reflective of the man. His supporters should not bury their heads in the sand like the above was never said.

16 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by shineeye1: 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
Our founding fathers were fathers indeed! Tolerance and mutual respect remain the invaluable keys to civilization and world peace.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Bimzu: 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
Røtten_egg: I'm impressed, never knew an aboki man could be so fluent.....
not all abokis are uneducated
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Birniwa(m): 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2013

Do you know that you're a goat ?

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
shine-eye:
Our founding fathers were fathers indeed! Tolerance and mutual respect remain the invaluable keys to civilization and world peace.

DR PYGRU: “This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.” ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960

Shine your eyes. Do not deceive yourself. We have no founding fathers. Nigeria was orphaned at birth.

12 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by tomakint: 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu: This was the man some never do well went to kill i his house with his wife.

May those who killed him and other leaders on January 15 1966 never know peace in their life till the 6th generation and all those related to them
Are you not a foolish fool already, when the same Megalomaniac Sardauna was secretly preparing an army to take over the whole of Yorubaland where were you? When he engaged your grandfather, Chief S.L Akintola to rig Awo's election where were you? When the same bigot was busy sneaking in catchment of ammunition so as to perpetuate his stooge, Tafawa Balewa in power where were you? You must be a goat in your former life, the curse is still on YOU! undecided

22 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by jomogbomo: 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2013

[size=14pt]Ahmadu bello hid behind his wives like the coward that he is , They also killed the other good for nothing , tiger clawed face ape called Akintola too, Nzeogwu and his great warriors. Anybody wen e pain too much make im go hang im self . ONE NAIJERIYAAAAAAAAAAAA .Happy Christmas, me i just they hia dey tear my own chicken and turkey[/size] cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

12 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by tomakint: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
iamtheprincipal:

You must be very stupid in your thought and position.
Better ignore that psychopath, he is lost already!

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by kingthreat(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2013

Everybody named Nzeogwu should be checked for sanity.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by gbogboti: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
You know what? An aboki man knows what you think about him. That is why he has vowed to rule over you for as long as possible.
The mentality some people in the south have about hausa people is worst than RACIAL HATRED that the whites had and still have for us irrespective of our tribe; igbo, hausa or youruba; we are all monkeys after all.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by kingthreat(m): 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
jomogbomo:
Ahmadu bello hid behind his wives like the coward that he is , They also killed the other good for nothing , tiger clawed face ape called Akintola too, Nzeogwu and his great warriors. Anybody wen e pain too much make im go hang im self . ONE NAIJERIYAAAAAAAAAAAA .Happy Christmas, me i just they hia dey tear my own chicken and turkey cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

I wish you Ahmadu Bello's fate. Numbskull like you
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by shineeye1: 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
jerseyboy: [color=#990000][/color]

This is the real Sadauna. As for fluency of the original post, the British aid wrote it for him. Remember this was pre-independence in 1959. The above quote in the month of independence October 1960 after the British aids had departed is more reflective of the man. His supporters should not bury their head in the sand like the above was never said.

This PARROT you quoted may very well be the equivalent of today's notorious and disgruntled SAHARA REPORTERS. Other well documented and authoritative releases and visual interviews by the subject do not synchronise with this altercation.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by tonte(m): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ahmadu Bello was the first and I'm sure the greatest tribalist Nigeria has ever seen, do your research

Yomieluv: Then we had Leaders who had the interest of the people at heart,who despise tribalism,and after the unity of our great country.

What do we have now,Dealers,who are after their selfish gain,who didn't care for once if our beloved country goes down the drain.

For once,I always ask myself one Question,where did we get it wrong in this country.

10 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by jomogbomo: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
kingthreat:

I wish you Ahmadu Bello's fate. Numbskull like you

I wish you Merry Christmas. . . Hope you have ya own Chicken, because I know say tigerface ofenmanu them na only fish fish all the time.

4 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by ichommy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
When North is still good, Me like.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by UKBobo(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
All na Fulbe wash. Talking from the side of his mouth, when he knows that the Imams in the mosque since the 50's have been preaching a 'diversive, hate-filled philosophy' since they started collecting Saudi money to spread a wahhabi doctrine.

How did he protect christian people when the young boys started running around with machetes in 66?

It is not what you say or write, it's what you do that has power. Those Muslims who protected Christians during the pogroms (not one, or two...) practiced love, those Xtians that stood over Muslims when they prayed in Jos, two years ago...practiced love.

You may want to portray him as 'Mandela', but the facts do not stack up. Too many corpses were buried on his watch.

Merry Xmas

9 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
tomakint:
Are you not a foolish fool already, when the same Megalomaniac Sardauna was secretly preparing an army to take over the whole of Yorubaland where were you? When he engaged your grandfather, Chief S.L Akintola to rig Awo's election where were you? When the same bigot was busy sneaking in catchment of ammunition so as to perpetuate his stooge, Tafawa Balewa in power where were you? You must be a goat in your former life, the curse is still on YOU! undecided
Accursed ibo ba.stard, you have always claimed to be a yoruba from ondo state but i know that you are a flat headed ibo ba.stard. Your blood sucking ibo coupist uncles killed an ondo man, Brigadier samuel ademulegun and his pregnant wife, hajiat latifat ademulegun. You and your entire ibo relatives would also suffer similar calamity. The blood of samuel ademulegun and all the yorubas that fell when your uncles invaded ore, shall speak against you and your relatives. Ba.stard!

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by musadangana(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
tiamiyukunle69: Back in the days. This is lovely. Can we have a repeat of this today?
u r bastard fool 2 say such thng,wait wot did u guys take a hausa man?dumb ass goat lyk even has d guts 2 insult hausa people
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by jomogbomo: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: Accursed ibo ba.stard, you have always claimed to be a yoruba from ondo state but i know that you are a flat headed ibo ba.stard. Your blood sucking ibo coupist uncles killed an ondo man, Brigadier samuel ademulegun and his pregnant wife, hajiat latifat ademulegun. You and your entire ibo relatives would also suffer similar calamity. The blood of samuel ademulegun[b][/b] and all the yorubas that fell when your uncles invaded ore, shall speak against you and your relatives. Ba.stard!

Smelly name. Sounds like that sour beans and Amala sh!t you guys eat. Smellos

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by victorulo(m): 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
Evn as an Easterner, i stl bliv d very sins of Lt. col Chukwuemeka 'kaduna' Nzeogwu wil 4eva b remembered
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
?
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
To shine your eyes further. The West African Pilot was founded by Zik. Do not delude yourself.

“The conquest to the sea is now in sight. When our god-sent Ahmadu Bello said some years ago that our conquest will reach the sea shores of Nigeria, some idiots in the South were doubting its possibilities. Today have we not reached the sea? Lagos is reached. It remains Port-Harcourt. It must be conquered and taken.” --- Mallam Bala Garuba in WEST AFRICAN PILOT, December 30, 1964.

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Smylyn(m): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

Mr. know it all, check the bolded words and make corrections. You need to go back to school and learn when and where to use capital letters when you're writing. What about punctuations? You did not put a coma beside "Surely". You should always write "English" with the "E" starting in capital. Try to learn how to space your words when you end a sentence with full stop.

Don't always try to think you know it all because you don't. I don't either.........
moreso,it's u & me grin
Ibo-Killer:

Mr. know it all, check the bolded words and make corrections. You need to go back to school and learn when and where to use capital letters when you're writing. What about punctuations? You did not put a coma beside "Surely". You should always write "English" with the "E" starting in capital. Try to learn how to space your words when you end a sentence with full stop.

Don't always try to think you know it all because you don't. I don't either.........
moreso,it's u & me
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
jomogbomo:

[size=14pt]Ahmadu bello hid behind his wives like the coward that he is , They also killed the other good for nothing , tiger clawed face ape called Akintola too, Nzeogwu and his great warriors. Anybody wen e pain too much make im go hang im self . ONE NAIJERIYAAAAAAAAAAAA .Happy Christmas, me i just they hia dey tear my own chicken and turkey[/size] cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

The blood of samuel akintola, samuel ademulegun, hajiat latifat ademulegun, ralph sodeinde and all the yorubas that fell at ore when your fathers invaded, shall speak against you. Calamity shall not cease from your household

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by ravensckar(m): 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Yomieluv: Then we had Leaders who had the interest of the people at heart,who despise tribalism,and after the unity of our great country.

What do we have now,Dealers,who are after their selfish gain,who didn't care for once if our beloved country goes down the drain.

For once,I always ask myself one Question,where did we get it wrong in this country.
Did I jst hear u say our past Leaders(Sardauna, Zik, n Awo) weren't tribalistic? Den a little more research wil enlighten u on who dey truly are. Truth is,none of dem is as saintly as thr 'worshippers' want us 2bliv. If it interest U,lemme refer to 2 books 'why we struck' by Adewale Ademoyega. 'Jst b4 dawn' Kole Omotosho. nd a documentary title 'The real story of Nigeria' By Jide ..... (cnt rmbr his last name @ d moment). My own opinion stil remains dt Muritala Muhmd & M.K.O Abiola are d 2 Messiahs Nigeria never had.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

. Don't u hate Igbos you am asking?I was still very small wen I started hearing of sharia law crises in d north and other killings dat occur often in d north. But Nigerian history has never recorded dat Igbos started killing the northerners in d east unless the fight first commenced in d north ..or do I mention our copers dat lost their lives after d last general election.but northern copers were not touched here . So I believe there is a conc.Hatred dat do resurrect if the need arises

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Jarus(m): 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
jerseyboy: Deception. Taking Christians in the North for MUGUS that they were before their eyes opened. Action speaks louder than words.
His action actually matched his words. Chief Sunday Awoniyi, a. Yoruba christian northerner from today's Kogi, was his secretary. There were other Christian leaders around him like J.S Tarka, Ishaya Audu, Silas Daniyan etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Military Gunboats Hover Around Creeks Ahead Of Tomorrow's Bayelsa Election(pics) / Rufai To Keyamo: Since The Appointment Is Illegal, Return The Salaries / What's Wrong With This PDP Weird ‘Ojuju Calabar’ Newspaper Adverts? (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.