Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 (29953 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Xmas Message To Nigerians - Read / Throwback: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Burnt House In Kaduna,1966 Where He Died / Nigeria Military Xmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Namady(m): 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

Amen! May the lives of the grandchildren of those who killed Sir Ahmadu Bello be wasted in a massacre.

I've watched d video where the guy is confessing! Imagine being a northerner and listening to that guy saying he was the that executed him. cry
Ibo-Killer:

Amen! May the lives of the grandchildren of those who killed Sir Ahmadu Bello be wasted in a massacre.

I've watched d video where the guy is confessing! Imagine being a northerner and listening to that guy saying he was the that executed him.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
jomogbomo:

Smelly name. Sounds like that sour beans and Amala sh!t you guys eat. Smellos
you will die a miserable death. You shall be buried in the grave right in the sight of your parents
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Quadrescent: 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
Obviously, sometimes I wonder why some with intelligent minds still go ahead to contribute nothing with their post. Some don't comment, they just read read those contributions and make use of those who they found benefiting. Please let us always try and make relevant point.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Alexgeneration(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
DR PYGRU: “This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.” ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960
. Ahmadu Bello is really a dim-wit extremist.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
shine-eye:

This PARROT you quoted may very well be the equivalent of today's notorious and disgruntled SAHARA REPORTERS. Other well documented and authoritative releases and visual interviews by the subject do not synchronise with this altercation.
jerseyboy:

---------------------------------/

To shine your eyes further. The West African Pilot was founded by Zik. Do not delude yourself.

“The conquest to the sea is now in sight. When our god-sent Ahmadu Bello said some years ago that our conquest will reach the sea shores of Nigeria, some idiots in the South were doubting its possibilities. Today have we not reached the sea? Lagos is reached. It remains Port-Harcourt. It must be conquered and taken.” --- Mallam Bala Garuba in WEST AFRICAN PILOT, December 30, 1964.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by tomakint: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: Accursed ibo ba.stard, you have always claimed to be a yoruba from ondo state but i know that you are a flat headed ibo ba.stard. Your blood sucking ibo coupist uncles killed an ondo man, Brigadier samuel ademulegun and his pregnant wife, hajiat latifat ademulegun. You and your entire ibo relatives would also suffer similar calamity. The blood of samuel ademulegun and all the yorubas that fell when your uncles invaded ore, shall speak against you and your relatives. Ba.stard!
Son, someone had already signed his death warrant through the same "accusation" you got up here, if you wish to sign yours that is left for you, I am from Ondo State, and I owe no "Children of Belial" here any apology for that, I love the Igbo Race with a Class and I owe no children of Belial here any apology for that! When the same Ademulegun was found out to be cavorting with the Megalomaniac Sardauna (he even gave him a horse as a gift for his lapdog services) his fate was sealed, when Largema helped Akintola to purchase an automatic AK-47 rifle and even made the Chief from Ogbomosho to use his Barrack at Ibadan for training exercises, his fate was also sealed.....need more education again boy undecided

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by auskenfine(m): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Best comment so far. Thanks.
klas: The mere fact that he had to address the issue of religious tolerance in a Christmas message as far back as 1959 means Naija don dey get tension tay tay.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by tomakint: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: you will die a miserable death. You shall be buried in the grave right in the sight of your parents
Are you even sure you will live to see 2014? Just asking 'Child of Belial'!

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by WMD(m): 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu: This was the man some never do well went to kill i his house with his wife.

May those who killed him and other leaders on January 15 1966 never know peace in their life till the 6th generation and all those related to them
I hope and pray that you are not a descendant of one of those who commited the act. Amen
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Jarus(m): 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
ravensckar: Did I jst hear u say our past Leaders(Sardauna, Zik, n Awo) weren't tribalistic? Den a little more research wil enlighten u on who dey truly are. Truth is,none of dem is as saintly as thr 'worshippers' want us 2bliv. If it interest U,lemme refer to 2 books 'why we struck' by Adewale Ademoyega. 'Jst b4 dawn' Kole Omotosho. nd a documentary title 'The real story of Nigeria' By Jide ..... (cnt rmbr his last name @ d moment). My own opinion stil remains dt Muritala Muhmd & M.K.O Abiola are d 2 Messiahs Nigeria never had.

The regional system we practiced then necessarily called for tribalism. So I can excuse Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo. Also, it was a healthy tribalism before the 1966 coup. They were into competition. Ahmadu Belllo was developing the north (ABU, New Nigerian, Sokoto Cement, Northern Nigerian Development Company etc), while Awo and co were enacting wonders in the West (Unife, cocoa house, first TV station Ibadan, etc). It was a rivalry for good, not today's meaningless tribalism.

4 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
tomakint:
Son, someone had already signed his death warrant through the same "accusation" you got up here, if you wish to sign yours that is left for you, I am from Ondo State, and I owe no "Children of Belial" here any apology for that, I love the Igbo Race with a Class and I owe no children of Belial here any apology for that! When the same Ademulegun was found out to be cavorting with the Megalomaniac Sardauna (he even gave him a horse as a gift for his lapdog services) his fate was sealed, when Largema helped Akintola to purchase an automatic AK-47 rifle and even made the Chief from Ogbomosho to use his Barrack at Ibadan for training exercises, his fate was also sealed.....need more education again boy undecided
shut the f*ck up you bloody ibo ba.stard you are not from ondo you are an ibo ba.strad. Why dont you come to the osemawe's palace and utter this rubbish? Lets see if you wont have your head severed from your neck. May the curse of ekimogun be on you and your ibo coupist uncles who fell samuel ademulegun and his pregnant wife. May all the pregnant ones in your household always suffer miscarriage and still birth!

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
See below.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Navalsadiq(m): 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Røtten_egg: I'm impressed, never knew an aboki man could be so fluent.....
you say this because you have got no exposure.shikena.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
tomakint:
Are you even sure you will live to see 2014? Just asking 'Child of Belial'!
Emi ni ma je akara e

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Wadosky(m): 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
“The Igbos are more or less the type of people whose
desire is mainly to governize everybody. If they go to
a village or a town, they are going to monopolize
everything in that area.” These are the exact words
that Sarduana of
the greatest tribalist of all time

4 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by tomakint: 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: shut the f*ck up you bloody ibo ba.stard you are not from ondo you are an ibo ba.strad. Why dont you come to the osemawe's palace and utter this rubbish? Lets see if you wont have your head severed from your neck. May the curse of ekimogun be on you and your ibo coupist uncles who fell samuel ademulegun and his pregnant wife. May all the pregnant ones in your household always suffer miscarriage and still birth!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Now this is funny....son, you shall not die but if you choose to touch his 'annointed' I have no choice...my parting shot to you cheesy
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
1. For those of you who think the real Sardauna was, in truth against the South and Northern minority Christians:
He was the Premier of the Northern region and his allegiance was to his people firstly. As was that of Zik to the Igbos and Awolowo to the Yorubas. That being said, despite the quote from The Parrot, he did NOT marginalise Northern Christians and indeed his main legacy was uniting Northern Nigeria despite tribe and creed.

2. For those who curse the grandchildren of the people that killed Sardauna:
Shame. It is great injustice to visit the crime of any individual onto their descendants.

3. For those who never thought an "Aboki" could be so articulate:
When I did my Youth Service in Ogun state the first thing I noticed was the complete ignorance on the North and Northerners. A good many people came up to me expressing surprise about my English and the fact that I was a medical doctor. The majority of those who had a strong opinion on the North were those that had never crossed the Niger. Almost certainly that is still the case, despite the internet bringing us closer and closer together.

The majority of Nairalanders are Southerners that, as far as Northerners are concerned, are blissful in their ignorance. That ignorance does not change the facts about our education and our elite in Nigeria and abroad, that we already know and are proud of.

7 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by saintneo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nafeesa AA: SIR AHMADU BELLO'S (Sardauna) XMAS MESSAGE TO NORTHERN CHRISTIANS IN
We are people of many different races, tribes and religions, who are knit together by common history, common interests and common ideals. Our diversity may be great but the things that unite us are stronger than the things that divide us. On an occasion like this, I always remind people about our firmly rooted policy on religious tolerance. Families of all creeds and colour can rely on these assurances. We have no intention of favouring one religion at the expense of another. Subject to overriding need to preserve law and order, it is our determination that everyone should have absolute liberty to practise his beliefs. It is befitting on this momentous day, on behalf of my ministers and myself, to send a special word of gratitude to all Christian missions. Let me conclude this with a personal message. I extend my greetings to all our people who are christians on this great feast day. Let us forget the difference in our religion and remember the common brotherhood before God, by dedicating ourselves afresh to the great tasks which lie before us.
Courtesy of Olatoye DS.
”The new nation called Nigeria should be an
estate of our great grand father, Othman
Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a
change of power. We must use the
minorities in the North as willing tools and
the South as conquered territories and
never allow them to rule over us or have
control over their future. ” (Sir Ahmadu
Bello October 12, 1960)

Having both quotes side by side, what do you think of SAB?

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by whooplat: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
jomogbomo:

Ahmadu bello hid behind his wives like the coward that he is , They also killed the other good for nothing , tiger clawed face ape called Akintola too, Nzeogwu and his great warriors. Anybody wen e pain too much make im go hang im self . ONE NAIJERIYAAAAAAAAAAAA .Happy Christmas, me i just they hia dey tear my own chicken and turkey cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

But they killed 3million ibos in return. Guess who laughed last? undecided

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by isralkhalid: 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
Akshow: Can u for once stop dis silly Gej obsession? Its getting over played. Fyi I dislike Gej leadership style but bringing him into every thread is utterly meaningless. That been said, I salute the Sardauna's eloquence and tact. I curse d day this man was brutally murdered cos this were people with great vision for this country. I always remember is reply to Ziks call that "we should forget our differences" in Sardauna's words, "we shouldn't forget our difference but rather understand it". Great mind really great mind.
....hmmm, Ironsi's coup killed him!!!
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Seunn11: Ftc

Gej + abati + okupe + other attack bingos

Can never be so eloquent.

Seems like you dream of GEJ every night

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jarus:
His action actually matched his words. Chief Sunday Awoniyi, a. Yoruba christian northerner from today's Kogi, was his secretary. There were other Christian leaders around him like J.S Tarka, Ishaya Audu, Silas Daniyan etc.

Christians were the only educated people he could find.
He had to work with people. When Muslim northerners started getting educated, that changed.

4 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by tomber(m): 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nice one.
But this same man went about forcing kings to take up his religion. Many king became Muslims cause they will not be given staf as Christians or traditional worshippers. And if paradventure they did become king as non Muslim they suffered from serious antagonism. this happened especially in d middle belt.
NB. Hitler was very charismatic and eloquent that many thought he was d Messiah of his nation.

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by saintneo(m): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
DanNafada: 1. For those of you who think the real Sardauna was, in truth against the South and Northern minority Christians:
He was the Premier of the Northern region and his allegiance was to his people firstly. As was that of Zik to the Igbos and Awolowo to the Yorubas. That being said, despite the quote from The Parrot, he did NOT marginalise Northern Christians and indeed his main legacy was uniting Northern Nigeria despite tribe and creed.

2. For those who curse the grandchildren of the people that killed Sardauna:
Shame. It is great injustice to visit the crime of any individual onto their descendants.

3. For those who never thought an "Aboki" could be so articulate:
When I did my Youth Service in Ogun state the first thing I noticed was the complete ignorance on the North and Northerners. A good many people came up to me expressing surprise about my English and the fact that I was a medical doctor. The majority of those who had a strong opinion on the North were those that had never crossed the Niger. Almost certainly that is still the case, despite the internet bringing us closer and closer together.

The majority of Nairalanders are Southerners that, as far as Northerners are concerned, are blissful in their ignorance. That ignorance does not change the facts about our education and our elite in Nigeria and abroad, that we already know and are proud of.
Doc, I served in Sokoto to be precise. I'll not be partial in my post. I must say that the North in general is nothing to write home about. May be you are from an elite family thus you were able to get educated; however 90% of your kins are wallowing abject poverty and ignorance. People from the North need to be exposed to the new age.

Nevertheless, the South is not good as we paint it either. There is a lot of corruption down here. Education in the South has made them bigger thieves and I don't expect less from the Educated Northerner.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nafeesa AA: SIR AHMADU BELLO'S (Sardauna) XMAS MESSAGE TO NORTHERN CHRISTIANS IN
We are people of many different races, tribes and religions, who are knit together by common history, common interests and common ideals. Our diversity may be great but the things that unite us are stronger than the things that divide us. On an occasion like this, I always remind people about our firmly rooted policy on religious tolerance. Families of all creeds and colour can rely on these assurances. We have no intention of favouring one religion at the expense of another. Subject to overriding need to preserve law and order, it is our determination that everyone should have absolute liberty to practise his beliefs. It is befitting on this momentous day, on behalf of my ministers and myself, to send a special word of gratitude to all Christian missions. Let me conclude this with a personal message. I extend my greetings to all our people who are christians on this great feast day. Let us forget the difference in our religion and remember the common brotherhood before God, by dedicating ourselves afresh to the great tasks which lie before us.
Courtesy of Olatoye DS.

source
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by farem: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
The great sensible northern politician knew far back that christians dont worship Allah, hence, he refrained from mentioning his name in this cute address.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by yakosteal: 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
All someone did was post something for celebration and it's already being torn apart.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by farem: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
IamDebola: Abeg, anybody get charger for Nokia 3310?
[color=#990000]
You fit manage my late grandma Motorola Talk-About charger?
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by SHAAWA: 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
DR PYGRU: “This New Nation called Nigeria, should be
an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly
prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as
willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow
them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their
future.”
---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT
of October 12, 1960

I doubt the authenticity of this publication, who are the publishers?
Why must it only one publication carried this speech. does it mean that
we only the parrot as magazine/newspaper at that time? Thank God we have
so many middle belters alive who knew or have personal relationship
with the late Sardauna.
you need to talk to these people.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by rigarmortis: 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
Akshow: Can u for once stop dis silly Gej obsession? Its getting over played. Fyi I dislike Gej leadership style but bringing him into every thread is utterly meaningless. That been said, I salute the Sardauna's eloquence and tact. I curse d day this man was brutally murdered cos this were people with great vision for this country. I always remember is reply to Ziks call that "we should forget our differences" in Sardauna's words, "we shouldn't forget our difference but rather understand it". Great mind really great mind.

who told you "sir" ahMADupe bello had great plans for nigeria?.....the guy had only plans for the core north and wanted to use nigeria as a means to acheive that.

the dude is the greatest tribalism that ever breathed oxygen.........its good he is now food for maggots....
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by mike404(m): 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: you will die a miserable death. You shall be buried in the grave right in the sight of your parents
BOKO BOYS HAS FINALLY TAKING OVER SOUTH-WEST sad
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by lilkid2435(m): 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: shut the f*ck up you bloody ibo ba.stard you are not from ondo you are an ibo ba.strad. Why dont you come to the osemawe's palace and utter this rubbish? Lets see if you wont have your head severed from your neck. May the curse of ekimogun be on you and your ibo coupist uncles who fell samuel ademulegun and his pregnant wife. May all the pregnant ones in your household always suffer miscarriage and still birth!
You are an eeedeot... You're obviously one of Nigeria's problems... Accursed son of a limp dicked nigglet

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abia Declared Safest State In South-East As NMA Games Begin In Umuahia / Military Gunboats Hover Around Creeks Ahead Of Tomorrow's Bayelsa Election(pics) / What's Wrong With This PDP Weird ‘Ojuju Calabar’ Newspaper Adverts? (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.