Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 (29955 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Xmas Message To Nigerians - Read / Throwback: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Burnt House In Kaduna,1966 Where He Died / Nigeria Military Xmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by curtain: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sir Ahmadu bello dosnt feel good about christians so he had to qualify by saying this. ''.......I
always remind people about our firmly
rooted policy on religious tolerance.
Families of all creeds and colour can rely
on these assurances. We have no
intention of favouring one religion at the
expense of another. Subject to overriding
need to preserve law and order, it is our
determination that everyone should have
absolute liberty to practise his beliefs.........'' Christians were sub-humans to him because he dosnt need all the above explanation he gave when giving his sallah speech.

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DukeNija(m): 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: The blood of samuel akintola, samuel ademulegun, hajiat latifat ademulegun, ralph sodeinde and all the yorubas that fell at ore when your fathers invaded, shall speak against you. Calamity shall not cease from your household

SHUT UP!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by SHAAWA: 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
tomber: Nice one.
But this same man went about forcing kings to take up his religion.
Many king became Muslims cause they will not be given staf as
Christians or traditional worshippers. And if paradventure they did
become king as non Muslim they suffered from serious antagonism. this
happened especially in d middle belt.
NB. Hitler was very charismatic and eloquent that many thought he was d
Messiah of his nation.

Stop distorting history please. the staff, turban and flag were given to towns
and areas conquered by the Jihadist. These staff offices originates from
the caliphate. Just as England cannot place a flag on a territory that
it has not conquered.
The hausa's were equally conquered by this Jihadist to establish Islam
in the north. These chiefs were appointed from the caliphates and they
are called as emirs e.g Ilorin and their gambari emirs. Monarchy is different from central govt.
Before the coming of whiteman to Nigeria, Usman Danfodio was here, he
already establish his caliphate in the north so the missionaries could
only operates in the south.
We all were idols worshippers Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo before Danfodio and the
missionaries. Danfodio and his jihadist used sword while the missionaries
used guns.
If Arabs used sword to propagate Islam, the Romans who brought
christianity to europe used, swords, canons, guns to achieve the same
result. Sardauna was a regional leader not a religious bigot. He was a regionalist(North) to a fault.

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by rigarmortis: 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
ravensckar: Did I jst hear u say our past Leaders(Sardauna, Zik, n Awo) weren't tribalistic? Den a little more research wil enlighten u on who dey truly are. Truth is,none of dem is as saintly as thr 'worshippers' want us 2bliv. If it interest U,lemme refer to 2 books 'why we struck' by Adewale Ademoyega. 'Jst b4 dawn' Kole Omotosho. nd a documentary title 'The real story of Nigeria' By Jide ..... (cnt rmbr his last name @ d moment). My own opinion stil remains dt Muritala Muhmd & M.K.O Abiola are d 2 Messiahs Nigeria never had.

i was enjoying your post till you got to the murtala part.......read about the i.diots history....he was a rabid dog.....just read his exploits in just before dawn...nigeria has never had a good leader...the best so far is obj

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Laslim(m): 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
Adonbilivit
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Theyjih: 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nutase: I used to have a great deal of respect for this dude until I watched an interview he granted to the BBC in 1960. If the likes of this guy continued in leadership position, this country would have been worse than it is today or probably been split into several entities.

this days' its a lil hard to come by interviews like that.. please can you be precise if u can , the one u're referring to? would appreciate it alot
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by BlueMurder(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2013
saintneo:
Doc, I served in Sokoto to be precise. I'll not be partial in my post. I must say that the North in general is nothing to write home about. May be you are from an elite family thus you were able to get educated; however 90% of your kins are wallowing abject poverty and ignorance. People from the North need to be exposed to the new age.

Nevertheless, the South is not good as we paint it either. There is a lot of corruption down here. Education in the South has made them bigger thieves and I don't expect less from the Educated Northerner.

Your post reeks of arrogance and the typical southern superiority complex. Your claim that you served in Sokoto implies that you are a graduate. Can you please substantiate your claim that 90% of Northerners are wallowing in abject poverty and ignorance?

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DerideGull(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nafeesa AA: SIR AHMADU BELLO'S (Sardauna) XMAS MESSAGE TO NORTHERN CHRISTIANS IN
We are people of many different races, tribes and religions, who are knit together by common history, common interests and common ideals. Our diversity may be great but the things that unite us are stronger than the things that divide us. On an occasion like this, I always remind people about our firmly rooted policy on religious tolerance. Families of all creeds and colour can rely on these assurances. We have no intention of favouring one religion at the expense of another. Subject to overriding need to preserve law and order, it is our determination that everyone should have absolute liberty to practise his beliefs. It is befitting on this momentous day, on behalf of my ministers and myself, to send a special word of gratitude to all Christian missions. Let me conclude this with a personal message. I extend my greetings to all our people who are christians on this great feast day. Let us forget the difference in our religion and remember the common brotherhood before God, by dedicating ourselves afresh to the great tasks which lie before us.
Courtesy of Olatoye DS.

The above junk is a deliberately fabricated crap by the traditional agents for northern regional appeasement. The whole shenanigans can be liken to the crap fabricated by western regional government in 1967 that Lt Col Francis Fajuiyi decided to die with Ironsi.

6 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DerideGull(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

But Ibos have been telling their offspring that Hausas have always hated them and their religion. Wow!!

Ibo-coma

Shut up your putrid loud mouth, old fool. When did Igbo become the northern Christians in 1959?

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DerideGull(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu: This was the man some never do well went to kill i his house with his wife.

May those who killed him and other leaders on January 15 1966 never know peace in their life till the 6th generation and all those related to them

Dayolodo

What has the post, nonsensically scripted by one liver-hearted Yoruba named Olatoye DS, got to do with January 15, 1966 coup?

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DerideGull(m): 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
jerseyboy: Deception. Taking Christians in the North for MUGUS that they were before their eyes opened. Action speaks louder than words.

The above post smacks off solid intellectual pedigree. Bros I say keep it flowing.

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by saintneo(m): 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
DanNafada: 1. For those of you who think the real Sardauna was, in truth against the South and Northern minority Christians:
He was the Premier of the Northern region and his allegiance was to his people firstly. As was that of Zik to the Igbos and Awolowo to the Yorubas. That being said, despite the quote from The Parrot, he did NOT marginalise Northern Christians and indeed his main legacy was uniting Northern Nigeria despite tribe and creed.

2. For those who curse the grandchildren of the people that killed Sardauna:
Shame. It is great injustice to visit the crime of any individual onto their descendants.

3. For those who never thought an "Aboki" could be so articulate:
When I did my Youth Service in Ogun state the first thing I noticed was the complete ignorance on the North and Northerners. A good many people came up to me expressing surprise about my English and the fact that I was a medical doctor. The majority of those who had a strong opinion on the North were those that had never crossed the Niger. Almost certainly that is still the case, despite the internet bringing us closer and closer together.

The majority of Nairalanders are Southerners that, as far as Northerners are concerned, are blissful in their ignorance. That ignorance does not change the facts about our education and our elite in Nigeria and abroad, that we already know and are proud of.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DerideGull(m): 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
jerseyboy: [color=#990000][/color]

This is the real Sadauna. As for fluency of the original post, the British aid wrote it for him. Remember this was pre-independence in 1959. The above quote in the month of independence October 1960 after the British aids had departed is more reflective of the man. His supporters should not bury their heads in the sand like the above was never said.

Again, you are a well schooled Nigerian. Have you realized there are many donkeys such as Ibo-Killer and Eko Olee that managed to het access to this forum?

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by saintneo(m): 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
BlueMurder:

Your post reeks of arrogance and the typical southern superiority complex. Your claim that you served in Sokoto implies that you are a graduate. Can you please substantiate your claim that 90% of Northerners are wallowing in abject poverty and ignorance?
I know it is painful getting the truth. However, I urge you to read my post very well. There is always two sides to a coin. There are negative things about the South and there are negative things about the North. We need to fight both negatives and not ourselves.
If you are a true Northerner, I challenge you to fight the almajiri system with vigor, I challenge you to stand up to your leaders and I challenge you to expose your YOUTHS to the world as it is today.

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DerideGull(m): 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jarus:
His action actually matched his words. Chief Sunday Awoniyi, a. Yoruba christian northerner from today's Kogi, was his secretary. There were other Christian leaders around him like J.S Tarka, Ishaya Audu, Silas Daniyan etc.

You must be a joker to claim J S Tarka was with Ahmadu Bello. It was the atrocities Bello committed against the Tiv, mainly JS Tarka led UMBC members aided by another so-called northern Christine of Birom ancestry, led to the verbal exchanges between Bello and Major Chris Anuforo.

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DerideGull(m): 2:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: you will die a miserable death. You shall be buried in the grave right in the sight of your parents

KIRIJI = Wrestling Match,

I say should shut up your loud putrid mouth, olodo.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by saintneo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
tomber: Nice one.
But this same man went about forcing kings to take up his religion. Many king became Muslims cause they will not be given staf as Christians or traditional worshippers. And if paradventure they did become king as non Muslim they suffered from serious antagonism. this happened especially in d middle belt.
NB. Hitler was very charismatic and eloquent that many thought he was d Messiah of his nation.
just requoting
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Noneroone(m): 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: shut the f*ck up you bloody ibo ba.stard you are not from ondo you are an ibo ba.strad. Why dont you come to the osemawe's palace and utter this rubbish? Lets see if you wont have your head severed from your neck. May the curse of ekimogun be on you and your ibo coupist uncles who fell samuel ademulegun and his pregnant wife. May all the pregnant ones in your household always suffer miscarriage and still birth!
Anyone who sees your posts will know who the hater is. Stop wasting your time b'cos no mortal can curse God's own people-the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Excel23: 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
victorulo: Evn as an Easterner, i stl bliv d very sins of Lt. col Chukwuemeka 'kaduna' Nzeogwu wil 4eva b remembered
easterner indeed. Chukwuma nzeogwu ni oruko re
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DerideGull(m): 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
ravensckar: Did I jst hear u say our past Leaders(Sardauna, Zik, n Awo) weren't tribalistic? Den a little more research wil enlighten u on who dey truly are. Truth is,none of dem is as saintly as thr 'worshippers' want us 2bliv. If it interest U,lemme refer to 2 books 'why we struck' by Adewale Ademoyega. 'Jst b4 dawn' Kole Omotosho. nd a documentary title 'The real story of Nigeria' By Jide ..... (cnt rmbr his last name @ d moment). My own opinion stil remains dt Muritala Muhmd & M.K.O Abiola are d 2 Messiahs Nigeria never had.

Is it not funny that all the books and documentary you listed in the above post were authored by a Yoruba? Do you also realized that Muritala Muhammmed & M.K.O Abiola handled the most corruptible contracts in the history of Nigeria? Muritala Muhammmed awarded the most expensive contract to his cronies for line-telephone that never materialized. M.K.O Abiola was of the cronies mentioned in the ITT contract. If those scumbags were allowed to continue the degradation of Nigerian economy any further, Nigeria would have become home for dogs.

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by racas: 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
@Dr. DanNafada please let them wallow in their myopism and total ignorance of the North. They look at northerners as bunch of me suya,me guard me ruwas. what would you expect from someone who has not left his domain his entire life! No wonder most youth corpers from the south find it difficult to return after serving for a year. Others are outriight mischieveous. when discussing the north, they dont remember the Sunusis and Dangotes also are from the North.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Lincolnburrows(m): 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu: This was the man some never do well went to kill i his house with his wife.

May those who killed him and other leaders on January 15 1966 never know peace in their life till the 6th generation and all those related to them
BACK TO SENDER!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by EMMASON125: 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
Igbo and Yoruba throwing punch again? Even on Christmas day? This is getting out hand
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Noneroone(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2013

between you and the people you are cursing, who looks cursed?

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Holywar: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
What so many people do not know is that to be a leader requires the ability to talk like a dove even though your heart is deadly as viper. so it is not all that wise to conclude or Judge a leader by what he said. After all, action speak louder than voice. I am still contemplating on that Christmas message to conot it to Bello's life when he was on power to know whether he really meant what he said or it is one of the political jingoism.

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by aventura: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
You can never separate zik, awo,balewa and bello. I call them the trinity of Nigerian politics. If awo is guilty of anything in life then the others ate guilty of same. If you call bello a tribalist then the others are also tribalist. My post is not one borne out of assumption rather one borne out of facts.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by EMMASON125: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
Tell Yoruba that Igbo are not their problem
Hausa Fulanis that used you against igbo people re doing the dirty job themselves Awo betrayed the Igbos to please his slave masters, who later turned the heat on him. Northerner leaders’ve given prominent Yoruba men an overdose of humiliation that will last them a life time despite using them to fight the civil war.
Did Awo die a fulfilled man? NO ……the Hausa Fulani whose interest he severed during the civil war sent him to grave. Jakande was used by IBB to rope Awo into treasonable felony …Awo later committed suicide.
Did Abiola die a fulfilled man NO , his paddy paddy IBB messed him up big time, and he was later imprisoned, chained, tortured and later poisoned to death. Some top military officers watched his Compromizing Video with Kudurat while he was in prison, what a shame!!!. Northern military officers make mockery of his heavenly feeling groans. liking it to that of a sex starved ape, that is the height of humiliation, the Compromizing Video was circulated among Hausa officers and few Igbos. Abiola’s sex heavenly feeling groans was/is still a butt of joke on Yorubas. Kudurat was later slaughtered like a sallah ram. Shenokan was humiliated out of office like a street tout after just 80 days in office.
Diya, Adisa, Olaruwaju was humiliated and thrown out of office like an The list is endless Bola Ige and others so Yorubas ve not really achieved much after the war, the Igbos ve taken over Lagos with their 20 pound, making Yorubas tenants in Lagos Yorubas are the greatest losers of all times.

Waiting for my 2weeks ban

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by aventura: 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
^^^^^
Awo did not betray the igbos, he did what zik and Bello would have done if confronted with that situation. Let me remind you that zik wasn't in support of the war. As a matter of fact, he wasn't in the country during the war. So you can see why from my previous post I said that Bello, zik, awo and balewa were birds of thesame feathers. I need someone to prove me wrong.

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
saintneo:
Doc, I served in Sokoto to be precise. I'll not be partial in my post. I must say that the North in general is nothing to write home about. May be you are from an elite family thus you were able to get educated; however 90% of your kins are wallowing abject poverty and ignorance. People from the North need to be exposed to the new age.

Nevertheless, the South is not good as we paint it either. There is a lot of corruption down here. Education in the South has made them bigger thieves and I don't expect less from the Educated Northerner.

Hi saintneo.
While it is obvious the North lags behind the South in education, to say that 90% of us are ignorant and wallowing in abject poverty is extremely far from the truth.
Therein lies the problem. You have worked in the North for at least a year and still have that impression of us. What say, then, the person who hates us because he thinks we are Leeches and has never been up North?
More of you guys need to open your eyes.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by lepasharon(f): 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
even thoo Im yoruba im happy what nzeogwu did..

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by HoldenCaulfield(m): 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nutase: I used to have a great deal of respect for this dude until I watched an interview he granted to the BBC in 1960. If the likes of this guy continued in leadership position, this country would have been worse than it is today or probably been split into several entities.
They are the ones who sowed the seed of discord along religious and tribal lines.

If you really take your time to research on this country you will see Gods hand in everything that has happened from 1960 till date in keeping Nigeria as one united entity.
Because he said the truths? Because he said ibos's mission and vision is to dominate nigerians an be treated like mini gods? I know you are an ibo! that's why you are making such comments. My dream is to become a black hitler, I will not spare any of your race
bloody ibos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's Wrong With This PDP Weird ‘Ojuju Calabar’ Newspaper Adverts? (Pic) / Sanusi: I Warned Buhari’s Govt That Its Policies Will Destroy Nigeria’s Economy / Fear Grips Politicians As Buhari Vows To Clean NNPC “mess”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.