Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland (18548 Views)

Poll: Cursing people: Is this a Christian thing to do?

Yes: 13% (10 votes)
No!: 86% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2008
Huxley don't dodge and answer my previous post.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

Huxley don't dodge and answer my previous post.

what is it naaah?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

what is it naaah?
Go back to my previous post and answer the question, Nna.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
stopping play that game, naah. Just tel me here. I shall be off in about 5 minutes. Got work tomorrow.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2008
Mayne and folk tell me im stubborn.
onyinye2:

If you are so content, why do you find yourself questioning The Bible? A content person wouldn't see the need. You are searching for something. You don't know what but you are searching. But you will find it . . .

And you might want to talk a good look back at those proposals i made about you before you go off saying false, false, false.
Answer this.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

Just tell me now.  I shall be going in 10 minutes.  If you get them right here now I might answer them before I go.
10 mins will not be enuf for me grin
Wen u have more time to offer den we get started.

B.T.W pple re realli givin ur head sm swell cuzz dey hail you and i can see u feel happy abt it .Watch it man,Watch it.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
If you are so content, why do you find yourself questioning The Bible? A content person wouldn't see the need. You are searching for something. You don't know what but you are searching. But you will find it . . .

And you might want to talk a good look back at those proposals i made about you before you go off saying false, false, false.

The main reason is that I have a passionate zeal for the search of the truth of reality. Religions claim to know what this reality is about but each time humans have questions reality the true answered have come from scientific rationalism and not from religions.

Thus religions represent not only great falsehood but also great diversion of the resources humans possess. That is my motivation for questioning religion.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
But huxley if you are searching for the truth, you can't just stay on one religion.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by HCH3COO: 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

Mayne and folk tell me im stubborn.Answer this.
Contentment has different meanings to each individual, onyinye.  It has to do with being content, and what makes me content might not be enough for the other person.  Maybe Huxley's contentment has very much to do with his expectations of life and the people inhabiting it.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

But huxley if you are searching for the truth, you can't just stay on one religion.

You fit answer my five questions on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=112086.msg1946268#msg1946268?

GOOD luck AND GOODNIGHT
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2008
BTW, therationa = huxley = tpaine.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

Contentment has different meanings to each individual, onyinye.  It has to do with being content, and what makes me content might not be enough for the other person.  Maybe Huxley's contentment has very much to do with his expectations of life and the people inhabiting it.
I understand that Nna, but to be content means you are happy with how things are or what you have. But with Huxley, he is not content. If he was content, he would not see the need to continue to prove to people that Christianity is nothing but a big hoax (Father forgive me). He would just accept the fact he is Atheist and leave it at that. But look at all the threads he opens. Does that look like a man who is content?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

BTW,    therationa = huxley = tpaine.
Thaks for d information
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

this is the only one he has the freedom and luxury to debase as he sees fit. The last time he tried it with islam he had to come up with a ton of new usernames.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2008
davidylan:

this is the only one he has the freedom and luxury to debase as he sees fit. The last time he tried it with islam he had to come up with a ton of new usernames.
Nna, you are too funny cheesy cheesy cheesy but i can see why he only attacks Christianity.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by HCH3COO: 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

I understand that Nna, but to be content means you are with how things are or what you have. But with Huxley, he is not content.
If he was content, he would not see the need to continue to prove to people that Christianity is nothing but a big hoax (Father forgive me). He would just accept the fact he is Atheist and leave it at that. But look at all the threads he opens. Does that look like a man who is content?
I have reason to believe you did not read my post.  Although I'm in no way supporting his agenda, who are you to determine what makes Huxley content?  What if these types of questions are partly responsible for his happiness (weird as that may sound)?  The questions he asks might alleviate some of the doubts he has in his mind about the credibility of the Christian religion, especially if he finds someone who's able to convincingly answer those questions to his delight.  He is content with other parts of his life, but is not satisfied with what he reads in the bible, that's his prerogative.   Dissatifaction doesn't diminish his worth, nor does not strip him of his title of content in other areas of his life.  Your argument is that he's unfairly targetting christians, sure, maybe. But the lord does not oppose people questioning the facts presented in the bible; in fact he welcomes it.  Those formidable facts are indefatigable by us mere mortals.  

Huxley, people say your wahala too much, why not dive into islam for some time undecided
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by tpia: 11:54pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley is tpaine?

weird. Tpaine seems different from Huxley.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by HCH3COO: 11:56pm On Aug 05, 2008
Arguments about religion are so predictable and boring to me, that's why I don't bother participating.

I'm a christian, so help me God.  Y'all have fun.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by HCH3COO: 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2008
tpia:

huxley is tpaine?

weird. Tpaine seems different from Huxley.
alter ego ? tongue undecided lol
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Gamine(f): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2008
They are all the same

Confused.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by slyk2(m): 10:39am On Aug 06, 2008
The man of God gave a condition first.
The robbers robbed.
So, if he gave such a declaration, what about it or are you involved?

As a bible commentator, did you come across Elijah commanding lions to eat up humans?
Haven't you come across Jesus calling some people brood of vipers?
Or didn't God himself destroy a whole city of Jericho for his people.

Since the days of John the Baptist the kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by keba(m): 11:26am On Aug 06, 2008
hmmm, interesting cool cool
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Urchie(f): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
What is this madness abt pointing a finger upon a man of God?
Do u guys want to join in the madness as well?

Check out what happened in the Bible when common children called Elishah names and said he has a bald hair, the bible said that he commanded beasts to come and eat them up which happened instanta.
The bible said touch not my anointed, whether with ur mouth, pen or keyboard.
If he is right or wrong, leve him alone!

U aint the one that anointed him, if he has any issue with what he has said, leave that to him with God.
Im simply advising so that u dont get urself into a generational trouble.

There are so many ppl today that are suffering from one thing or the other which they do not know how it came about, some of such would have come as a result of what they said or even their older generations, includiung to a man of God.
Im not a Living faith member neither hav i ever had anything to do with Cannan land, but what i tell u here is what u need to know for ur own good.
A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by icezik1(m): 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
What many people don't seem to understand is that Jesus came to Earth to change some of the rules that existed. He said that the two greatest commandments are "Love your God with all your heart and all your strength" and "Love your neighbor as yourself". He changed everything about the Old testament.

Would you curse yourself?

'Nuff said.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by KunleOshob(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2008
Urchie:

The bible said touch not my anointed, whether with your mouth, pen or keyboard.
If he is right or wrong, leve him alone!

You aint the one that anointed him, if he has any issue with what he has said, leave that to him with God.
I'm simply advising so that u don't get yourself into a generational trouble.

So how do you know that the man in question is annointed is it becos he established a church would you classify Rev King as annointed What criteria do youu use to determine an annointed man of God Even though there are genuine men of God out there, i am certain there are more pretenders than the genuine ones. Any way to answer my previous question the bible says by their fruits you shall know them.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by JisolaMar(f): 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
It's high time we realised dt men of God r MEN not GOD! hence they can also make mistakes.in as much as they r good as mentors & spiritually leaders, they shld not be our standards.

Pastor Oyedepo must av made dt statement in a fury.J esus cursed d fig tree not humans! Our only standard should be the Bible which clearly states to bless our enemies.au do u intend to witness 2 someone u av been cursing?

abeg, leave d God of d man 2 judge him!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by OKbobo: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
For all you Bishop Oyedepo Haters, on question?
How amny you have built anything, whether in your name, the name of someone else or God, that has been a blessing to anybody who is not directly connected to you?
If not, please take a chill pill.
1. No man is perfect, no matter what he has achieved.
2. No matter how smart or informed we think we are, we only know very little about life. So on the surface it might seem as if he was wrong to curse them,and you may be right, but on the other you might be wrong.
Remember,Mariam and Aaron confronted Moses about marrying a woman from another race. Their position was based on what God told them about interracial marriages.
The same God, confronted these two people about their effontry to criticize Moses (their younger brother). mariam was duly punished for it. God told them that normally talks to prophets in visions and dreams. Thru these means you cannot get an accurate interpretation or understanding of the information being bassed acrossed. With Moses there was no ambiguity, but face-to-face discussions.
What i am saying is that there is more to God & Life than what we know, so pls dont be eager to teard down amna who has dedicated his life to helping others.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by icezik1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2008
What differentiates Christians from Jews and Muslims? Christ. So if Christ is what makes us Christians, then it follows that we should be Christ-like. Would Christ have cursed the robbers? I really don't know. However, I believe, that as a Christian, you should be able to think rationally and always ask yourself this question, "What Would Jesus Do?". The ANSWER IS NEVER OBVIOUS BUT THAT IS WHY WE SHOULD PRAY TO GOD FOR UNDERSTANDING.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by icezik1(m): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2008
no rational human being would curse anyone simply because they were angry. this is not a reasonable defense.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MrCrackles(m): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
ice_zik:

no rational human being would curse anyone simply because they were angry. this is not a reasonable defense.

OYEDEPO IS AN HYPOCRITICAL MORONIC "MAN OF GOD"dat is even if hez a true man of God, but i wont judge
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by icezik1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
I'm not judging the Bishop Oyedapo. All I'm saying is that all those that said he cursed the robbers out of anger should go and rethink their statements. A true Christian would never react out of anger. Therefore, I'm assuming he (Oyedapo) cursed the robbers because he either knows it was right or feels it was right.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Gamine(f): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
http://kemianddavid.com/index.html

Check it out grin grin grin

ice zik, its Oyedepo by the way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'how T.b. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / ‘How Catholic Church Handled Vote Buying In 1979’ / Shiloh 2018 Begins This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.