Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 (5041 Views)

20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria: Why You Need To Vote For GEJ 2015. / Gej's 2015 Ambition Will Lead To Civil War / Gej 2015 Agenda Is Dead (r.i.p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
solomon111: Btw,it's obvious beyond all doubts that the majority of christian northerners are pro-GEJ.
Though our voting pattern should mature beyond religious bias.
Speak for yourself man. Don't say what you don't know.
The last election was rigged in favour of GEJ. We don't give a damn who becomes the president here. Since my Governor is now in APC, I can assure you APC will win the next presidential election in my state. Believe it or not, that's the truth.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
99/100:

The northern Muslim never voted OBJ. In their view he is a kapiri or an arne(a pegan or an infidel) and thus it will be a taboo voting for him.
Those elections were highly flawed.
@op, it is either u are being naive,ignorant or a hypocrite.
your opinion, all I have as facts are election results. Pls let's do without insults.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
enigma_otr:
Speak for yourself man. Don't say what you don't know.
The last election was rigged in favour of GEJ. We don't give a damn who becomes the president here. Since my Governor is now in APC, I can assure you APC will win the next presidential election in my state. Believe it or not, that's the truth.
Sir what state are you from, we are also gathering data here. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by asha80(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
common folks who saw the tribal loophole and decided to take selfish advantage. I tell if a serious government gets power today, purge itself of corruption total and gets down to work, Nigerians will follow suite.
self deceit...serious government is made up individuals who will explore any means legally(not necessarily morally) possible to explore the masses to explore votes....the country will not experience any meaningful change until the country restructures.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
chukwudi44: https://www.nairaland.com/1569554/northern-christian-middle-belt-represent
why don't you advise the pdp to drop Gej for your suggestions. Wetin consign you?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Gboliwe: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
99/100:
99% Hausa/fulani and northern Muslims be it d Nupe-muslim ,Igbira-muslim etc vote on religion line. Are you also aware that Islamically, it is a sin for a Muslim to vote for a christian candidate against a Muslim candidate.
All this, d northern Christians are aware of.So blame them not if they vote on religion line as has being the case.
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by PapaBrowne(m): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

The bold is absolute fallacy.....which Yoruba Pentecostal church will campaign against Fashola on a ticket because he is a Muslim...mention one church that will do that ..just one? Living faith....? Redeemed? Daystar? Which one exactly do you have in mind.

The only way to dilute the SW votes with a Fashola on the ticket is pairing him with Buhari.

You have just reiterated my point. Everybody will happily vote a Fashola, but pairing him with Buhari on top of the Ticket quickly reminds people of the Muslim Muslim factor. Now if its not Buhari, it would have to be an ex PDP core northerner which most Yorubas would not connect with. PDP equals corruption. North stereotypically equals terrorism. That mix will sit most Yorubas at home.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
asha 80: self deceit...serious government is made up individuals who will explore any means legally(not necessarily morally) possible to explore the masses to explore votes....the country will not experience any meaningful change until the country restructures.
what else will a serious government do before other than restructure? Nigeria was once rated as the next best thing, we can get back on track.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Sir what state are you from, we are also gathering data here. Thanks
Kwara.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by PapaBrowne(m): 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Are you a SW christian or who gave you the right to speak for Yoruba xtians.

I am a Yoruba xtian

Watch how all Yoruba xtians troop out to vote for our son Fashola or any popular Yoruba politician on the APC ticket regardless of his religion

The Yoruba who had no problem voting majority Moslems as their governors, Yorubas Moslem in Osun had no problems voting a xtian-xtian ticket for Oyinlola-Obada

Yoruba whether xtian or Moslems dont care for religion what comes first is our culture and heritage

Dayo, you are a Yoruba xtian based in Texas or thereabouts. The Yoruba tongue speaking xtian who goes to redemption camp or Shiloh or MFm for convention every year has an entirely different outlook. He views the killing of Christians(be they igbo, birom, ijaw, yoruba) by Boko Haram the same way he viewed sanusi's actions on the banking industry: a grand design to Islamise Nigeria. Presenting a Muslim Muslim ticket will raise their hairs and would rush them out with protest votes for PDP.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You have just reiterated my point. Everybody will happily vote a Fashola, but pairing him with Buhari on top of the Ticket quickly reminds people of the Muslim Muslim factor. Now if its not Buhari, it would have to be an ex PDP core northerner which most Yorubas would not connect with. PDP equals corruption. North stereotypically equals terrorism. That mix will sit most Yorubas at home.

Don't mind these fools!! We are waiting to see how a muslim-muslim ticket will fly in these age of islamic terrorism

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
enigma_otr:
Kwara.
thanks, what is the general sentiments to Gej's government and how well will he do in 2015 in Kwara.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Ray333(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
GEJ hav sympathy frm d majority of xtian northerners because i am among nd i bet u xtians in north wil beta vote gej over a buhari,tambuwal etc

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Yeah, that is the only plausible scenario but sadly APC has a huge problem where all its limelight fellas are Muslims except Fayemi. Thats why I made mention of the Muslim Muslim thingy. Be rest assured that if a muslim muslim ticket is attempted, you will be giving PDP a free ride because Pentecostal Yorubas are not voting a muslim muslim ticket...that you can be sure about. And they are a massive voting block. Infact they might present a protest vote against APC.

You are not Yoruba and you are not a Yoruba xtian. I am a Yoruba xtian and I can confidently tell you that no single Church would campaign against a ticket that has Fashola

You are not Yoruba and cant understand. Yorubas dont care if almost all states now are ruled by Moslems or if Osun had a Xtian-xtian ticket in 2003.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
chukwudi44:

Don't mind these fools!! We are waiting to see how a muslim-muslim ticket will fly in these age of islamic terrorism

Hey! Be civil...this thread have been devoid of your type all along.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu:

You are not Yoruba and you are not a Yoruba xtian. I am a Yoruba xtian and I can confidently tell you that no single Church would campaign against a ticket that has Fashola

You are not Yoruba and cant understand. Yorubas dont care if almost all states now are ruled by Moslems or if Osun had a Xtian-xtian ticket in 2003.

In this age of religious terrorism!! Bros better wake up and face reality!!
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by papparatzzi2013: 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
chukwudi44:

It might work against then in other places, definitely not SW.

The question will be, what has the christian president got to show for his 6years.

Yes, buhari's profile might work against such candidature a little bit. But, I expect APC to field Tambuwal.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ray333: GEJ hav sympathy frm d majority of xtian northerners because i am among nd i bet u xtians in north wil beta vote gej over a buhari,tambuwal etc
great to meet another xtian northerner, are you totally against the APC or just buhari and which state are you from?
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Dayo, you are a Yoruba xtian based in Texas or thereabouts. The Yoruba tongue speaking xtian who goes to redemption camp or Shiloh or MFm for convention every year has an entirely different outlook. He views the killing of Christians(be they igbo, birom, ijaw, yoruba) by Boko Haram the same way he viewed sanusi's actions on the banking industry: a grand design to Islamise Nigeria. Presenting a Muslim Muslim ticket will raise their hairs and would rush them out with protest votes for PDP.

I speak Yoruba tongue more than most people on this forum. I attend a Pentecostal church

And no single member of my home church or family have a problem with a Moslem Yorubaman

infact we(Yoruba xtians) can associate more with a Fashola, Aregbesola or Tinbu than a Jonathan, Peter Obi or Gabriel Suswan

How can fashola, Tinubu or Aregbe Islamize Nigeria or Yorubaland when they havent islamized their immediate family? These men sleep with xtian wifes daily, went to Xtian secondary schools, attend churches, have family members as xtians attend Redemption camp monthly celebrate xmas and easter as much as Ileya

You dont know Yorubas and you have no right to talk about them

Speak about your own people either as Ibo or Edo depending on which side you want to identify with today

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Allow PapaBrowne to enjoy his fantasy...I've asked him the church that will campaign against Fashola in favor of GEJ in Yorubaland...

They want themselves to believe that APC is in a dilemma in its choice of candidate....they will be shocked.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

It might work against then in other places, definitely not SW.

The question will be, what has the christian president got to show for his 6years.

Yes, buhari's profile might work against such candidature a little bit. But, I expect APC to field Tambuwal.

Even if you blow grammaer from now till 2015,it would not change the fact the religion/ethnicity will be the two major factors that will influence the voters choice of candidates in 2015.If APC should ever make the mistake of fielding a muslim-muslim ticket jonathan will not only win but will also record a landslide victory

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
chukwudi44:

In this age of religious terrorism!! Bros better wake up and face reality!!

Did Religious terrorism stop Ogun, Oyo, Lagos, Ondo and Osun state from voting Moslem governors between 2011 and now?
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by dayokanu(m): 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
chukwudi44:

Even if you blow grammaer from now till 2015,it would not change the fact the religion/ethnicity will be the two major factors that will influence the voters choice of candidates in 2015.If APC should ever make the mistake of fielding a muslim-muslim ticket jonathan will not only win but will also record a landslide victory

This is not Iboland where you are known for religious intolerance.

This is not Iboland that Islam isnt allowed to thrive. This is not Iboland where fellow xtians campaign on the basis of catholic vs Anglican

This is YORUBALAND and keep your bigotry to your side of the Niger

7 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Italiano1: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu:

This is not Iboland that Islam isnt allowed to thrive. This is not Iboland where fellow xtians campaign on the basis of catholic vs Anglican

I honestly do not see any reason why you should continue to engage with this fellow- it is clear he has no clue! This is the same person that said that IBB and Abdusalam are not from the Middle Belt and is just talking incoherent rubbish here.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
thanks, what is the general sentiments to Gej's government and how well will he do in 2015 in Kwara.
He's stepped on the toes of those who "rigged" him in, in 2011. He doesn't stand a chance here. Even to the Kwara masses, he's a failure. The rich and the poor are complaining. And to cap it up, everyone who has a radio and listens to "okodoro oro", "oro re" and "atoto arere"(detailed Yoruba morning news on different radio stations) is aware of all the misdeeds of GEJ in government. At the moment, everything is against him here.
If his victory depends on votes here, he's a goner.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

It is obvious you don't know that difference in religion among the Yoruba doesn't create any tension. The governors and first ladies in the SW and Kwara State belong to different religions.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by papparatzzi2013: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Let him even start it.

We will down play the religious aspect of his bigotry and assist him to fan the ethnic sentiment to the highest heavens

One thing they don't realise is, religion doesn't count in SW. Most families have the Muslim and xtian part of the family and everybody eats the festivity food together.
It is very common to see inter-religious marriage in Yorubaland.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by PapaBrowne(m): 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu:

I speak Yoruba tongue more than most people on this forum. I attend a Pentecostal church

And no single member of my home church or family have a problem with a Moslem Yorubaman

infact we(Yoruba xtians) can associate more with a Fashola, Aregbesola or Tinbu than a Jonathan, Peter Obi or Gabriel Suswan

How can fashola, Tinubu or Aregbe Islamize Nigeria or Yorubaland when they havent islamized their immediate family? These men sleep with xtian wifes daily, went to Xtian secondary schools, attend churches, have family members as xtians attend Redemption camp monthly celebrate xmas and easter as much as Ileya

You dont know Yorubas and you have no right to talk about them

Speak about your own people either as Ibo or Edo depending on which side you want to identify with today

This is the attitude that marvels me with Nairalanders. I am not Yoruba so I cannot speak about Yorubas that I'm surrounded with left right and center at work, in Church, in my neighborhood, as friends, acquaintances and as family et al. You are in Texas, Mr. You are surrounded by Whites, Hispanics and some black folk. And your write up says it clearly that you are lost on the realities on ground. Wishing that you will win would not take you there. Fcaing realities and working out you weaknesses would bring you closer to victory. Strategy is king, Mr. And I'm giving you insight that you can advise your APC to use against the PDP even though I'm voting PDP in 2015. I simply want a very competitive election even though I know that we are coasting home to victory.

Since you are finding it hard to comprehend my speech, let me simplify using pointers.

1) Fashola is not atop the ticket.
2)If he is placed below Buhari, Yorubas especially Pentecostal types would remember suddenly that Fashola is also a Muslim.
3)If an ex PDP stranger like Kwankwanso or Tambuwal is atop the ticket, Yorubas would remember they are from the corrupt PDP and terrorist North.
4)A Ribadu type would have worked best, but he is obviously expired after his poor outing in 2011. El Rufai would also have worked if he hadn't created an anti Christian image for himself with his comments.

The best bet would have been a Fashola atop the ticket. Its a gamble that can actually be sold. That way you are sure of the SW mixed with a good number from the core north. Core Northerners will vote whoever their leaders instruct them to. But you know what, APC leaders don't want a Fashola for obvious tribal reasons. Yes it must be Hausa/ Fulani or nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
GEJ may have to convert to catholic before Peter adaObi campaigns for him.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
It is obvious you don't know that difference in religion among the Yoruba doesn't create any tension. The governors and first ladies in the SW and Kwara State belong to different religions.
Ahmed is an Alhaji while his wife, Omolewa is a Deaconess. These people probably don't know that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Female Kidnapper Stripped Unclad In Lagos (18+) / Breaking: INEC, Rigging Won't Save Buhari From Defeat ~ Obasanjo / PDP Fake News Of The Day. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.