Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 (5039 Views)

20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria: Why You Need To Vote For GEJ 2015. / Gej's 2015 Ambition Will Lead To Civil War / Gej 2015 Agenda Is Dead (r.i.p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
enigma_otr:
He's stepped on the toes of those who "rigged" him in, in 2011. He doesn't stand a chance here. Even to the Kwara masses, he's a failure. The rich and the poor are complaining. And to cap it up, everyone who has a radio and listens to "okodoro oro", "oro re" and "atoto arere"(detailed Yoruba morning news on different radio stations) is aware of all the misdeeds of GEJ in government. At the moment, everything is against him here.
If his victory depends on votes here, he's a goner.
wow, thanks for taking time out to respond, it quite enlightening. I hope the pro Gej are reading this.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
Orlando Owoh: GEJ may have to convert to catholic before Peter adaObi campaigns for him.
grin grin
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by solomon111(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
I just hope that these kinds of thread are re-visited after the 2015 elections.
It would make a good laughing thread.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
enigma_otr:
Ahmed is an Alhaji while his wife, Omolewa is a Deaconess. These people probably don't know that.
Rauf aregbeshola's children are christians. abdulrahman olusegun mimiko also attends church service regularly, he was at the st. Stephen anglican church in ondo township last sunday. Yorubas are cosmopolitan in their religious outlook
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by solomon111(m): 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
wow, thanks for taking time out to respond, it quite enlightening. I hope the pro Gej are reading this.
You're still depending on nairaland to make your political inference instead of personally going there and feel the pulse of the masses.
Is it not the same kwara where PDP defeated APC in an election recently?
You must be a hard-headed illiterate.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

This is the attitude that marvels me with Nairalanders. I am not Yoruba so I cannot speak about Yorubas that I'm surrounded with left right and center at work, in Church, in my neighborhood, as friends, acquaintances and as family et al. You are in Texas, Mr. You are surrounded by Whites, Hispanics and some black folk. And your write up says it clearly that you are lost on the realities on ground. Wishing that you will win would not take you there. Fcaing realities and working out you weaknesses would bring you closer to victory. Strategy is king, Mr. And I'm giving you insight that you can advise your APC to use against the PDP even though I'm voting PDP in 2015. I simply want a very competitive election even though I know that we are coasting home to victory.

Since you are finding it hard to comprehend my speech, let me simplify using pointers.

1) Fashola is not atop the ticket.
2)If he is placed below Buhari, Yorubas especially Pentecostal types would remember suddenly that Fashola is also a Muslim.
3)If an ex PDP stranger like Kwankwanso or Tambuwal is atop the ticket, Yorubas would remember they are from the corrupt PDP and terrorist North.
4)A Ribadu type would have worked best, but he is obviously expired after his poor outing in 2011. El Rufai would also have worked if he hadn't created an anti Christian image for himself with his comments.

The best bet would have been a Fashola atop the ticket. Its a gamble that can actually be sold. That way you are sure of the SW mixed with a good number from the core north. Core Northerners will vote whoever their leaders instruct them to. But you know what, APC leaders don't want a Fashola for obvious tribal reasons. Yes it must be Hausa/ Fulani or nothing else.

If you really live among us here as you claimed...then you would have come to realize that we don't put much emphasis on religion but our language bind us together more than religion.

The religion card is dead on arrival as GEJ is candidate for PDP.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by PapaBrowne(m): 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
It is obvious you don't know that difference in religion among the Yoruba doesn't create any tension. The governors and first ladies in the SW and Kwara State belong to different religions.

I know that very well. I am not talking about difference in Religion amongst Yoruba. In the eyes of even other Nigerians, nobody sees differences btw Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba Christians. But everybody sees a huge difference between a Northern Christian and a Northern Muslim.
Fashola would have a better showing in Ibo land than Fayemi who is the only Yoruba Christian Governor.

What I am talking about is not Fashola or Yoruba Muslims. I am talking about a Hausa/ Fulani Muslim atop the ticket. Even you guys that are speaking are not going to be motivated to vote when the time comes. The only reason you would come out is to see GEJ doesnt win. You surely wouldn't be motivated if Senator Yerima is Paired atop with Fashola below, would you? By the way, Yerima is a big time APC member.

I am here for intelligent discussions and analysis not sentimental and biased dispositions. Lets make the lead up to 2015 more interesting such that we would discuss more about issues and less about persons.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I know that very well. I am not talking about difference in Religion amongst Yoruba. In the eyes of even other Nigerians, nobody sees differences btw Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba Christians. But everybody sees a huge difference between a Northern Christian and a Northern Muslim.
Fashola would have a better showing in Ibo land than Fayemi who is the only Yoruba Christian Governor.

What I am talking about is not Fashola or Yoruba Muslims. I am talking about a Hausa/ Fulani Muslim atop the ticket. Even you guys that are speaking are not going to be motivated to vote when the time comes. The only reason you would come out is to see GEJ doesnt win. You surely wouldn't be motivated if Senator Yerima is Paired atop with Fashola below, would you? By the way, Yerima is a big time APC member.

I am here for intelligent discussions and analysis not sentimental and biased dispositions. Lets make the lead up to 2015 more interesting such that we would discuss more about issues and less about persons.

Guess what...all your apprehensions..concerns...fears and other sensibilities are known already....just wait and watch as events unfold.

We are the one in the supposed dilemma....we also know that in the absence of tangible achievements to market that religion is a mischief that PDP is banking on.....we know that very well.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

wrong, which yerima are you talking about? The one that spends half his life in aso rock. yerima is gej's spiritual leader.. El rufai.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

wrong, which yerima are you talking about? The one that spends half his life in aso rock. yerima is gej's spiritual leader.. El rufai.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Fashola on the ticket is enough to galvanize the Yorubas even if he is paired with Saddam hussein

Yorubas can identify with their man on the ticket. A man we know, A man we trust to protect our interest at the center

APC comes to yorubaland, Fashola does most of the speaking in our language in a language we understand without an interpreter Its all celebration when we roll out our drums eat our Amala and Ofemmannnu, with our tribal marks and shitt in nylon bag grin

Even core born again Yorubas would vote him over a Jonathan Peter Obi 2 xtian tickets.

We are Yorubas we identify with our people first. Currently the voice of Fashola in Yorubaland is golden. Thats all we need to hear

2 parties contesting 1 has the dear son of Yorubas one doesnt have any Yoruba in their ticket not even a single respectable Yoruba on their train except ex convict Bode george, unknown Olubolade and Kashamu, useless alao-akala. To ruin everything the party is called PDP?

Open and close case.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Tell gej to try another campaign srategy. The religious divide cannot/never work in yorubaland
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by PapaBrowne(m): 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

If you really live among us here as you claimed...then you would have come to realize that we don't put much emphasis on religion but our language bind us together more than religion.

The religion card is dead on arrival as GEJ is candidate for PDP.

You are getting the whole point wrong. I am from Edo state and there, we have Muslims and Christians live side by side with zero differences. Adams Oshiomole's parents(Father is late) are very strong Muslims. Infact not only do we lay zero emphasis on religion, we lay no emphasis on tribe as well. Binis voted overwhemingly for Oshiomole(Etsako) against a Bini candidate. The Oba even supported Oshiomole against a Bini man. So I totally understand what you mean when you say Yorubas dont pay attention to religion amongst themselves.

But to the religion coming from Northern Nigeria, hmmmmm.....a lot of attention is paid. Even Yoruba muslims sef dey fear that kind Northern Islam. So my point is that a Northern Muslim atop the ticket paired with Fashola will make Fashola instantly redundant.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by papparatzzi2013: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
Religious sentimental is dead on arrival in SW.

He will have to show us what he has achieved in 6years.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
shocked shocked
There was a rumor sometime ago that GEJ is planning to pick Yerima as his running mate in 2015. Is this why he spends almost all his time in Aso Rock?
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
PapaBrowne: But to the religion coming from Northern Nigeria, hmmmmm.....a lot of attention is paid. Even Yoruba muslims sef dey fear that kind Northern Islam. So my point is that a Northern Muslim atop the ticket paired with Fashola will make Fashola instantly redundant.

So it would make Fashola redundant to the extent that we would now vote for Jonathan and Sambo?

Excuse me laff grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
berem: shocked shocked
There was a rumor sometime ago that GEJ is planning to pick Yerima as his running mate in 2015. Is this why he spends time in Aso Rock?
that na perfect combo, if it happens the same hypocrites will sing his praises like they did alams pardon.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
In 1993, MKO was paired with Baba gana Kingibe on a Moslem-Moslem ticket.

The opposition flooded the SW with rumours that MKO sunk a shipload of bibles

Guess what? MKO still got over 70% votes in all SW states

Once he spoke in Yoruba to us, we immediately identified with him and voted en masse for our son

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by atlwireles: 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
If religion is not important in the SW, why the noise in Osun State?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
berem: shocked shocked
There was a rumor sometime ago that GEJ is planning to pick Yerima as his running mate in 2015. Is this why he spends almost all his time in Aso Rock?
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
atlwireles: If religion is not important in the SW, why the noise in Osun State?
What noise in osun? Isnt it CAN- pdp religious propaganda machine led by orisa jefor, that is instigating the whole imbroglio. Aregbeshola, the governor of osun state is a moslem but his children are christians. Alot of osun indigenes both christians and moslems are devotees of the osun-osogbo goddess. Alot of secondary school students in osun both christians and moslems can recite some corpus in the Ifa divination. Yorubas are cosmopolitan in their religious outlook, using religious diffrences as a campaign strategy in yorubaland can never work
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by papparatzzi2013: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
atlwireles: If religion is not important in the SW, why the noise in Osun State?

The noise is because, the Gov was thought to be overstepping his bounds and they made him realise, this is Yorubaland.

He had to go to church and address CAN and that was the end.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2013

You ppl that dont know Yorubas keep making a mistake about religion in Yorubaland

Most of us have associated with all 3 religions at some point in time.

My father was a baptist xtian, his auntie was a Moslem and in their compound they have Egungun they worshipped and ppl bring sacrifice to.

I was raised Baptist, I am currently pentecostal I have celebrated Ileya with family and friends, And i have attended the Osun osogbo festival at least 3 times earlier in life.

Check most Yorubas when they have any problem they go from Pastor to Alfas to traditional worshippers. We are Polytheist

Most Yoruba xtians have family members who worship Ogun. all xtians and Moslems, In Ijebu attend Ojude Oba, In Lagos they carry Eyo etc

Adeboye, Oyedepo Kumuyi, Olukoya I am certain all have all 3 religions in their extended family
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by atlwireles: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
KIRIJI: What noise in osun? Isnt it CAN- pdp religious propaganda machine led by orisa jefor, that is instigating the whole imbroglio. Aregbeshola, the governor of osun state is a moslem but his children are christians. Alot of osun indigenes both christians and moslems are devotees of the osun-osogbo goddess. Alot of secondary school students in osun both christians and moslems can recite some corpus in the Ifa divination. Yorubas are cosmopolitan in their religious outlook, using religious diffrences as a campaign strategy in yorubaland can never work

I asked a simple question, don't get all defensive. So CAN and Pastor Ayo are responsible for the noise. Thanks for the response
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
solomon111: You're still depending on nairaland to make your political inference instead of personally going there and feel the pulse of the masses.
PDP defeated APC after the defection? Do you know the reason why the security details of Senator Saraki was withdrawn? He was instrumental in GEJ victory in the state, not because GEJ was so popular. It wont happen again in 2015. I bet you those elected Chairmen and councillors on the platform of PDP are now APC members by virtue of the defection. I suggest you should come down to Kwara yourself and conduct a survey on the performance of GEJ so far and the perception of the masses about him.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
solomon111: You're still depending on nairaland to make your political inference instead of personally going there and feel the pulse of the masses.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by omanzo02: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu: In 1993, MKO was paired with Baba gana Kingibe on a Moslem-Moslem ticket.

Once he spoke in Yoruba to us, we immediately identified with him and voted en masse for our son

Remember Buhari or Tambuwal or the Hausa/fulani candidate on top fashola will speak during campaign, is he not going to be interpreted?.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by omanzo02: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Are you a SW christian or who gave you the right to speak for Yoruba xtians.

I am a Yoruba xtian

Watch how all Yoruba xtians troop out to vote for our son Fashola or any popular Yoruba politician on the APC ticket regardless of his religion

The Yoruba who had no problem voting majority Moslems as their governors, Yorubas Moslem in Osun had no problems voting a xtian-xtian ticket for Oyinlola-Obada

Yoruba whether xtian or Moslems dont care for religion what comes first is our culture and heritage

Quit being arrogant, experts who not even Nigerians analyse Nigeria's politics here in Europe because they have people on the ground that gathers the necessary informations they need, if papabrown did a good survey what he is telling u could be as close as right.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
Leave this thread, you don't know what is being discussed. Religion is strong force in the SW but it doesn't block the sense of reasoning of the Yoruba. It is not uncommon for you to see in a Yoruba family where the father is traditionalist, the mother is moslem, the first child is RCCG, the second child is MFM and the third child is C&S.
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by PapaBrowne(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
dayokanu: In 1993, MKO was paired with Baba gana Kingibe on a Moslem-Moslem ticket.

The article below is fresh from today. I saw it here on Nairaland.
Many Church leaders in the South West would read it and it would be raised as Prayer points in Churches across Yoruba Land.

While you are thinking about the Yoruba race many Yorubas are thinking about the Christian race. Bus loads of Ibos troop to Redemption camp and Deeper life and TB Joshua and MFM not minding that the leaders are Yoruba. Bus loads of Yoruba troop to Christ Embassy, TREM and Chosen. They don't care about tribe. Their faith comes first. The article below would see them voting against any Muslim Muslim ticket.

We have to face realities. Religion and Ethnicity plays a huge role in politics even in America. We all know that what is called the Bible belt will almost always vote Republican while inner city blacks will almost always vote democrats. Its no different in Nigeria. Strategists would do themselves a disservice if they ignore these facts.

2015 Elections: Al-Qaeda Doles Out $500 Million To Boko Haram
Al-Qaeda, the dreaded International Islamist terrorist group, recently
doled out a whooping $500 Million, an equivalent of N80 Billion to Boko
Haram for the purchase of arms and high caliber weapons to begin an
orchestrated attack ahead of the 2015 general elections,
pointblanknews.com has been reliably informed.

The $500 Million (N80 Billion), is specifically meant to remove “infidels”
in Government and ensure that Muslim candidates from the North emerge in
2015 as part of the Sect’s plan to Islamize Nigeria.

Boko Haram had said part of its demands is for Nigeria to be ruled under
the Sharia Law and for President Goodluck Jonathan, a Christian from the
Minority south to convert to Islam.

The National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki, (retd.) recently
confirmed that the international terror organization, Al Qaeda, has made
inroads into Nigeria’s security system.

Although Dasuki did not give details of the inroads made by Al-Qaeda but
sources said the NSA was merely confirming security reports that Boko
Haram has been bolstered by financial supports it received from the
international terrorist organization.

“What the NSA said was just a tip into the current situation. Boko Haram
is now very rich. They just received about $500 Million from Al-Qaeda and
that has greatly energized them,” the source told pointblanknews.com.

Fighters from Boko Haram had marched into Maiduguri city recently in
pick-up trucks and on motorcycles, before opening fire with rockets and
small arms on a military base, signaling the launch of its new tactics and
weaponry.

Security sources told pointblanknews.com that Boko Haram had told Al-Qaeda
that it needed $1 Billion to remove “infidels” ruling Nigeria and install
Muslims who will help to Islamize Nigeria.

The Security sources said Boko Haram leaders told the leadership of
Al-Qaeda that the Islamization of Nigeria, the most populous black nation
is key in the quest to Islamize West Africa.

After considering the request, sources said Al-Qaeda released an initial
$500 Million calculated to be N80 Billion at the exchange rate of N160 per
dollar.

The International terror group plans to release additional funds upon
review of Boko Haram success

Pointblanknews.com gathered that some politicians from the Northern
extractions who are bent on having political power returned to the North
aided the receipt of the funds to Boko Haram.

A source confirmed that some top Northern leaders are currently under
scrutiny for helping Boko Haram receive the cash donation from Al-Qaeda.
The Northern leaders under investigation are also accused of giving cover
to members of the Sect.

“Al-Qaeda did not send the funds through Banks or any conventional method,
they used some people and we are currently investigating and as soon as we
are through, those found guilty will be prosecuted according to the law,”
a source hinted.

A security source knowledgeable with the current trend of Boko Haram who
preferred to be anonymous confirmed that the sect has only recently
received the sums and has started purchase of weapons.

“They have the money now and they are getting weapons as we speak.”

According to the source, “we are also tracking down the source of the
weapons they are buying and we are almost done with that.”

Pointblanknews.com gathered that the current weapons being purchased by
Boko Haram are of more sophistication than those used by the Soldiers
stationed in the North East region.

A source who want to remain anonymous said Boko Haram currently outnumbers
the current Military strength on ground in the North East region of
Nigeria.

“We have it on good authority that from the funding they recently
received, they have recruited more people and paying them well too.”

According to him, “they have a new plan now to destabilize the country
ahead of the 2015 general elections because they had told Al-Qaeda that
the country is currently being ruled by infidels and that they have what
it takes to Islamize Nigeria.”

Share on facebook

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/2015-elections-al-qaeda-doles-out-500-million-to-boko-haram/
Re: A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 by Ray333(m): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
I am a xtian frm kaduna state nd i can assure u dat d southern kaduna xtians wil stil vote 4 GEJ as 4 APC i view it as an xtension of d corruption netwrk of pdp so rather stay wit d devil i knw dan d angel i dnt know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Will APC Stop Lying? Pictures. / Okorocha Thanks Imo Citizens For Boycotting Pdp Rally / Full List Of Akwa Ibom Commissioners /special Advisers And Their Portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.