Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858340 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
debbydominic:
Please could you. Explain how you achieved the slant at the arm hole.and please could. You explain the other cuts and the allowance you used,is it the sam measurement as the princess seam.thank you

Thanks for your question.at the side the arm pit is to be I measured 8 in down. The 8 inch is from the shoulder down.the neck is at 6.5 now but I will further take it down when I am sewing coz like I said I want mine low.
The wideness of the next is about 10 inch. so folded I mark out where my 10 will be from the center to the side parts.from that point I liked it to the 8 inch I had marked at the part the armpit should be.thats how I got the slant

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
mariposa01:
Val I'm a little confused, you said you measured 7.5 for the neck yet you placed your tape at 6. Could you please explain? Thanks

I cut it this way because I want to join the sides to the centre part before I shape out my neck.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
debbydominic:
And please what calculation did you use for the sleeves

The length is about 4 inch i cut 5 inch the extra for seam the length from one side to the other is 9inch .I cut about 11 the extra is for seam
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:31am On Dec 08, 2014
This week hopefully I will do the joining and more explanation would come in. wink

This might interest you...... grin grin grin

Valisimo Fashion school fees discount is here for the 2015 registration. For those of you planning to join school next year.

Before now, our 3 months program used to be 85k in total while the 6 months used to be 140k in total .

Hummm as part of our give away this season,
The 3 months will be 60k while the 6 months will be 115k. shocked shocked shocked yes that's 25k out.infact that's free class for you for 1month grin

Please note that this offer closes in January. Registration is on .You need to pay before
class starts on the 5th of January 2015 .

You need 4 passport for registration. the school account is Valisimo fashions, fidelity bank 4010792028. Come with your teller the school at number 13 yaya abatan street of ogba lagos

this offer is so good that even if you not resuming on the 5th of January as long as you paid any time you ready just come with your teller and your programme will start.

happy Christmas people . remember to tell a friend about this wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

I cut it this way because I want to join the sides to the centre part before I shape out my neck.

Ok got ya. This is how I usually do mine, I was thinking it was another method. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
I have started my own joining hope you have started yours too wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:22am On Dec 10, 2014
How are your projects coming people....any questions or issues? ?? Let me know so we go over them together.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2014
all this things is confusing oooo have been in school all dz while dz shoulder,arm,length,neckdepth,burst,breastcup etc coming home dz weekend still a babe in sowing I don't know whether anybody can volunteer to teach me bit by bit on bbm Or whatsapp Or madam efosa I miss my machine
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bukkie80(f): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
Pls I need help on this style.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tayben015(f): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2014
Madam Efosaval,weldone ma,pls ma what is the name of that white material you used at the bust? God bless you.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oduamine: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2014
@tayben015 she used gumstay and *woodin*(i dont know the spelling but if pronounce it at where they sell tailoring material they will give u but dont buy the hard one)
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by SexySapphire(f): 11:41am On Dec 17, 2014
I actually find dis off-shoulder cut difficult, I don't think I can get it right till I see someone making it in ma presence.

I don't know if anyone can remember dis project from b4 the NL crash. I actually just made mine and I made a skirt wit it, I wanted to make 6 pieces buh had to make do with the other type of 6pieces( can't rem the name) due to insufficient material. I had just 2yards. I can't wait to rock it with a black trouser.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tayben015(f): 9:57am On Dec 18, 2014
@ oduamine,thanks and God bless.pls will linning come after the gumstay and woodin?
oduamine:
@tayben015 she used gumstay and *woodin*(i dont know the spelling but if pronounce it at where they sell tailoring material they will give u but dont buy the hard one)
@ oduamine,thanks and God bless.pls will linning come after the gumstay and woodin?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oduamine: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2014
@tayben015 yes lining come after all the interfacing
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
SexySapphire:
I actually find dis off-shoulder cut difficult, I don't think I can get it right till I see someone making it in ma presence.

I don't know if anyone can remember dis project from b4 the NL crash. I actually just made mine and I made a skirt wit it, I wanted to make 6 pieces buh had to make do with the other type of 6pieces( can't rem the name) due to insufficient material. I had just 2yards. I can't wait to rock it with a black trouser.

Oh yes......I love it so much dear.it really looks good.weldone. hummmmmm and this your gele self nor be small ting o gringrin really well done.

So sorry to all that I have not been active here.but all that will change come January as I will be going back to teaching full time.trust that you would get more updates from us here.it means more sew along projects and faster updates.so get ready o.it will be fun.winkgrin

We are vacating today for the year.our general photo shoot is tomorrow 20th. The school will resume on the 5th of January. Here is saying thanks to all that did business with us this year.to all our students this year and to all our well wishers we say thank you for making our 2014 wonderful. May the grace of God be with us all as we celebrated the season.

Registration is on going for the coming year and our 25k discount offer is also still on and will close on the 5th of January. Congratulations to all that have paid and gotten the discount already. grin

for those planing to pay here is the details. Before now the fee used to be 85k for 3months, 140k for 6 months but for the discount price which applies from now till the 5th of January you get to pay 60k for 3months and 115k for 6 months grin yes that's so cool.

The schools account is Valisimo Fashions, Fidelity bank 4010792028. Yes you can pay during the break just come with your teller on the 5th of Jan with 4 passport for registration.
Call or WhatsApp me on 08096577157 for more details
happy holidays people enjoy grin

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by SexySapphire(f): 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

Oh yes......I love it so much dear.it really looks good.weldone. hummmmmm and this your gele self nor be small ting o gringrin really well done.

So sorry to all that I have not been active here.but all that will change come January as I will be going back to teaching full time.trust that you would get more updates from us here.it means more sew along projects and faster updates.so get ready o.it will be fun.winkgrin

We are vacating today for the year.our general photo shoot is tomorrow 20th. The school will resume on the 5th of January. Here is saying thanks to all that did business with us this year.to all our students this year and to all our well wishers we say thank you for making our 2014 wonderful. May the grace of God be with us all as we celebrated the season.

Registration is on going for the coming year and our 25k discount offer is also still on and will close on the 5th of January. Congratulations to all that have paid and gotten the discount already. grin

for those planing to pay here is the details. Before now the fee used to be 85k for 3months, 140k for 6 months but for the discount price which applies from now till the 5th of January you get to pay 60k for 3months and 115k for 6 months grin yes that's so cool.

The schools account is Valisimo Fashions, Fidelity bank 4010792028. Yes you can pay during the break just come with your teller on the 5th of Jan with 4 passport for registration.
Call or WhatsApp me on 08096577157 for more details
happy holidays people enjoy grin
Thanks so much. I wish u all the very best as u venture into the new year. Thanks for impacting positively in ma life in 2014, hope to see more of u in the coming year. God bless u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nafee1: 10:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
haloooooo ma! I just came across your thread, so decided to try d last project you posted. though I used same method in making 8 pieces, my biggest challenge was shaping the last flare. U've bn doing a great work here, may God cont. to bless and protect u. Thank you so much for d wonderful tutorials. below was what I made. please if u notice any mistake, pls correct me. happy Xmas in advance.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
thank you ma, for a wonderful year of delightful projects...God bless you ma, happy holidays
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by iclass: 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
@ Nafee1 good job! I love your fabric.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas Ladies!!!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sunshyng: 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hi! Can I get ur bbm pin or whatsapp number, have got some questions to ask. Thanks as I await ur responce

bafm:
Rocking my crowl neck top
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nykbrown(f): 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
Thank you and please let the tutorial continue it been of great help
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toluh(f): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Please help my top thread keeps breaking.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:31am On Jan 01, 2015
Let me officially welcome you all to 2015.i am so happy we all made to this new year.i have high hopes for this year as regards things in general.

For me 2015 is a new year for me to celebrate God be thankful and contented for what I have got,help others come to know God and Christ In my own little way.will not listen to negative talks that can only bring the mind down.but continue to be strong for those who appreciate my little effort. Most importantly I want to stay true to my self remembering that I am accountable to God at the end of the day.

I have written my 2015 goals and I have placed it in front of my dressing mirror as this would make me see it every morning. I did not set unrealistic goals for my self o .but I made sure that they are significant enough to change my life if I get round to accomplish them.with God's help I know they will all come to pass.

I hope you will do the same also.

U will hear more from me this year here god willing so plus get ready o.the sew alongs will be quick I promise.i just hope u guys too will encourage me by doing the assignments too.we will not do complicated styles so that we don't suck out the fun in the group. They will be simple achieve able designs that you can all wear out and be proud that u made it.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:49am On Jan 01, 2015
Nafee1:
haloooooo ma! I just came across your thread, so decided to try d last project you posted. though I used same method in making 8 pieces, my biggest challenge was shaping the last flare. U've bn doing a great work here, may God cont. to bless and protect u. Thank you so much for d wonderful tutorials. below was what I made. please if u notice any mistake, pls correct me. happy Xmas in advance.

It's not in my style not commend a good job.forgive me for not seeing this sooner. It's beautiful on u dear. gringrin no jokes .welldone .we gonna do more projects soon so make sure you start getting your fabrics ready
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ozedresources: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=EFOSAVAL post=27723498]

Please could you explain how to link the 9 inches to the knee and waist? It's confusing to me. Thanks.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ejuski: 12:08am On Jan 02, 2015
Thank you so much ma Efosa for being a blessing and inspiration to me in 2014. God bless you and increase your Coast.Amen..Happy new year.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:57am On Jan 02, 2015
Ozedresouces please could u be more specific. I don't know what u referring to myself.

Ejuski thanks so much for being a part of my 2014 too.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tenajtek(f): 1:36am On Jan 02, 2015
Hello efosaval. Happy new year! Please do you have a blog or site where I can catch up on lost tutorials? Also I didn't see the instructions for positioning of the dart. I got the dart length, but what is the distance between the darts, or the distance from the center/middle of the skirt? Sorry I am taking you to 2014. Well, I am sure other readers can also reply this post so you are sure they know it too. Oya readers, over to you! wink wink wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Patajun: 8:50am On Jan 02, 2015
Happy new year!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ozedresources: 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
Ma please could u explain the 9 inches between the waist and knee for 6pcs skirt.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ozedresources: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Next we link the knee to the base of the circumference . (9 inch from the center knee to the 24 in at the base)

Good day ma, could u kindly explain how to link the 9 inches from the centre knee to the 24 at the base for a 6 pcs skirt. Thank u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.