Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858998 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by akorangela(f): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
[size=28pt]Style Analysis [/size]

Long sleeve, peplum, tube and shoulder cut attached to the tube in the middle of the lining and main fabric .the bust part definitely has warding and airstay.
Zip at the back, that's about it
weldone ma pls ma as novice in sewin pls how do i go about this blouse plssssssssssss
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by akorangela(f): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
akorangela:
weldone ma pls ma as novice in sewin pls how do i go about this blouse plssssssssssss

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by alofbabe: 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

No they should be cut and sewn together then your lining will be used to cover your seams.
Thank you Ma'am.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mercee1: 4:07am On Dec 03, 2015
Hey every1.just stumbled on this 1daful thread. You all are doing a great job. @ efosaval...browsed through your valisimo website and i'm sold already. iBeg,any awoof for Jan 2016 registration?

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nsaesther: 8:16am On Dec 03, 2015
This is my six pieces skirt tnx ma for ur help I was finding it difficult to cut this pieces.thank ma

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nsaesther: 11:16am On Dec 04, 2015
Morn house pls i dnt kw how to cut breast pad. Can any help me out pls wit diagrams tnx
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
mercee1:
Hey every1.just stumbled on this 1daful thread. You all are doing a great job. @ efosaval...browsed through your valisimo website and i'm sold already. iBeg,any awoof for Jan 2016 registration?

By God's grace just stay tuned to us wink if e dey we go talk am
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
nsaesther:
This is my six pieces skirt tnx ma for ur help I was finding it difficult to cut this pieces.thank ma

You welcome grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
[size=18pt]FULL FLARE TUTORIAL [/size]

When cutting full flares you must consider 3 things.
*Top circumference
*The length of the flare
*The fullness of the flare

1, The top circumference, I call it top because you might decide to place it anywhere on the body. eg upper bust, waist, hip, knee and hem line. The type you place in the above mentioned areas are large compared to the type of circumference you place on your neck, hand or leg area. Now what ever circumference you want and where ever you want it placed on the body you want to ask your self will the circumference be plain or will it have fullness, fullness such as gathers pleats etc......... Remember all this is for the Top circumference.

2, The next thing to consider is the length of the flare which is mostly determined by where you want to place the flare. Flares on the sleeve will definitely be shorter than flares starting from the neck down to the hem or flares starting from the hip down to the hem....... This also means that the way we fold the fabric to cut considering the length we want to achieve differs from each other.

3,The last point is the hemline fullness, this is in one sentence how big or how small you want your flare to be at the base or circumference area. .its how wide the total circumference will be when you spread the flare out.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
[size=18pt]DECEMBER SEWALONG STYLE INSPIRATION
[/size]
Some time last month a lady on our Facebook group asked how to go about achieving styles like this and after I and others explained we all agreed to use the skirt fullness as an inspiration on our December project. So follow the gist on Facebook there is so much to learn from this. You can make something like this too.
https://mobile./176771132388378?view=permalink&id=986838404714976

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
You can make any other top but just try to make sure your skirt flare is this full.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hope u all have started grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
pls is there net inside?. tnx ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nsaesther: 10:46am On Dec 08, 2015
Pls house I have 2 yards of blue material and 1 yard of peach lace I need a simple long skirt and blouse pls diagrams will help Me tnx alot
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by JaneKenedy: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2015
Glamourprincezz:
its so painful dat nairaland had to cut off some pages of dis thread and totally remove my own thread(sad face). thank God i always make notes wen i learn, it wld av bin unbearable. lets continue wt d cowl neck.@ Efosa, blessed are you amongst women.

Pls m so new to ds thread could u pls send pix of ur notes, i beg.
@ Madam Efosa, may God bless u. I hv read earlier pages, was following closey till i discovered d missing pages, was wondering if there's help for us ooo
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oyindamolaasake(f): 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
At last I made it on dis thread.Welldone Mrs Efosal, may God bless d works of ur hand.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EleganceV: 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
My cowl neck. Tkx ma

8 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Cestmoi1(f): 3:19am On Dec 14, 2015
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by jefips: 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
Thank you very much for impacting life. You are doing a wonderful job.please how can I get the dress making book by Allison smith.I reside in Aba Aba state
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by blclothin9: 2:00am On Dec 23, 2015
Please can anyone help with the step by step process of making a pair of trousers
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by jefips: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
please ma how do I cut side pleat
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by jefips: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
how do I cut or make side pleat on a skirt or blouse.I can do normal peat

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Godrep: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
Thank God am finally able to post here.Great work being done here.God bless the moderator.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by diseyi(f): 11:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
helo everybody pls,is dis class still on
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by DellyP: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
I was searching for how to sew trousers when I stumbled on ur thread in nairaland. I had to go back to page 1 and read all thru n really I have learnt a lot. I'm still undergoin training but not in a fashion sch but wat I have learnt here is eye opening. More grace to you Efosaval in this 2016 to do that which you know how to do best. Will be joining ur facebook group right away.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by purediamonds: 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
Great job Mrs Valerie..thumbs up...
For more sewing tutorials and tutorials on pattern drafting and bagmaking join this fun and interactive BBM channel....

BBM pin; C00371216
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Bazekoncept: 12:25am On Jan 06, 2016
Happy new year to you all.... Please will FOUR YARDS OF Ankara fabric be enough for did style ? Any idea on how the front would look like ? Thanks and God bless you all

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Laeroy(f): 7:03am On Jan 07, 2016
Are U a resident in Ijebu ode part of Ogun state, Do u av a good gashion school, or U are an instructor on the basics of sewing, please drop your contact....I'M highly interested in learning his skill.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2016
Happy new year to everyone this is my first post here this year, I hope you all have joined the group on Facebook........ I am the all day. wink

I see so many questions....... Let me start from the first

noncy21:
pls is there net inside?. tnx ma

Yes there is net for volume. I will post my process soon wink those of you on Facebook would have seen it already but I surely would post here too grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2016
jefips:
Thank you very much for impacting life. You are doing a wonderful job.please how can I get the dress making book by Allison smith.I reside in Aba Aba state

Thanks so much, it's actually out of stock now as soon as we have it I will advertise it here.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2016
blclothin9:
Please can anyone help with the step by step process of making a pair of trousers

Kindly go back we have done it before,

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2016
jefips:
how do I cut or make side pleat on a skirt or blouse.I can do normal peat

First imagine you loose the pleats........ You will notice one side will be longer than the other right..... That's how u cut it, it's the long excess you now pleat on the up side

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.