Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,296 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants (135808 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! / What Is The Difference Btw The Dssc And Ssc Of The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by jcomolade(m): 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
Afternoon pls was d different btw DSSC n SSC...cos am an economics and I put in for DSSC
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Exmdy: 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2014
Yeah, there's info. The Info is that Nairaland is back up again and we're waiting for the NA shortlist... Or any prior intel to that which will be made known to all through the same website everybody here got into and any of the Nigerian dailies... They don't give any special #info to anybody.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2014
Im just recovering frm malaria caused by nairaland absence.... I beg help me find all my post ooooo @ zinna, pounds, mimzy, biltomy, azido etc
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by kunlexyfred(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
jcomolade: Afternoon pls was d different btw DSSC n SSC...cos am an economics and I put in for DSSC
Are u ICAN,, ANAN or ACCA certified in addittion to ur degree in economics? If yes, uve applied on the right platform, if u have the intention of practising ur profession in the Nigerian Army! DSSC is for professional while SSC is for those who intend to dump their trained profession and pursue a combat career in the Army! It is also for those who wish to gain short military experience in combat.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
It seems people dnt know this thread still exist.. .... Lets make this thread the way it was. Gbam
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by obiksam(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
You are right I just read through the list is for RRI (Trade / non trade men&women)
samobaba4u:
This is not for dssc/ssc but RRI
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by OptimistFX: 12:06am On Jun 29, 2014
Nawah back to font page, page I saw last at 61. Guys pls fall in sharply and let's continue to enlighten our selves.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by OptimistFX: 12:09am On Jun 29, 2014
kunlexyfred: Are u ICAN,, ANAN or ACCA certified in addittion to ur degree in economics? If yes, uve applied on the right platform, if u have the intention of practising ur profession in the Nigerian Army! DSSC is for professional while SSC is for those who intend to dump their trained profession and pursue a combat career in the Army! It is also for those who wish to gain short military experience in combat.

Other related professional bodies is accepted, those once listed are just among other. Source from the support contact lines on the web site.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by OptimistFX: 12:12am On Jun 29, 2014
My passion.

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by OptimistFX: 12:14am On Jun 29, 2014
That's the standard. Moral on the high side

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by kunlexyfred(m): 7:28am On Jun 29, 2014
$
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by kunlexyfred(m): 7:28am On Jun 29, 2014
OptimistFX:

Other related professional bodies is accepted, those once listed are just among other. Source from the support contact lines on the web site.
I beg to differ Sir! Other related professional courses like CIBN, CIMA, CITN only focus on one aspect of accounting as a profession! CIBN is for banker(even if u are CIBN certified, u are not yet an accountant and ICAN will grant u only exemption in few courses), CIMA focuses on management accounting and CITN on taxation. Going by the NA DSSC advert for finance unit beforce now, professional certification had never be a prerequisite but an 'added advantage' to whoever possess it but this year the protocol changes to @prerequisite and only ICAN and ANAN were requited unlike b4 that they include CIBN.
Also, do u know that there is a battle of supremacy between our national Accounting professional bodies? Most especially ICAN and ANAN that are the core(ACCA is foreign and they all see it as supreme, and if u have ACCA today u could expressly apply for the membership of all other related professional bodies and u will be granted @ease ).
In the light of all these, I think probably, that was y the NA decided to limit it to ICAN or ANAN unlike b4 that it includes CIBN
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by OptimistFX: 6:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
kunlexyfred: I beg to differ Sir! Other related professional courses like CIBN, CIMA, CITN only focus on one aspect of accounting as a profession! CIBN is for banker(even if u are CIBN certified, u are not yet an accountant and ICAN will grant u only exemption in few courses), CIMA focuses on management accounting and CITN on taxation. Going by the NA DSSC advert for finance unit beforce now, professional certification had never be a prerequisite but an 'added advantage' to whoever possess it but this year the protocol changes to @prerequisite and only ICAN and ANAN were requited unlike b4 that they include CIBN.
Also, do u know that there is a battle of supremacy between our national Accounting professional bodies? Most especially ICAN
an

You may be right, but don't forget that computer science is inclusive so what is the relevance of those professional bodies to computer science and how related is computer science to financial management science. Though application is closed but you can call those numbers on the site to authenticate this.

d ANAN that are the core(ACCA is foreign and they all see it as supreme, and if u have ACCA today u could expressly apply for the membership of all other related professional bodies and u will be granted @ease ).
In the light of all these, I think probably, that was y the NA decided to limit it to ICAN or ANAN unlike b4 that it includes CIBN
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by OptimistFX: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
kunlexyfred: I beg to differ Sir! Other related professional courses like CIBN, CIMA, CITN only focus on one aspect of accounting as a profession! CIBN is for banker(even if u are CIBN certified, u are not yet an accountant and ICAN will grant u only exemption in few courses), CIMA focuses on management accounting and CITN on taxation. Going by the NA DSSC advert for finance unit beforce now, professional certification had never be a prerequisite but an 'added advantage' to whoever possess it but this year the protocol changes to @prerequisite and only ICAN and ANAN were requited unlike b4 that they include CIBN.
Also, do u know that there is a battle of supremacy between our national Accounting professional bodies? Most especially ICAN and ANAN that are the core(ACCA is foreign and they all see it as supreme, and if u have ACCA today u could expressly apply for the membership of all other related professional bodies and u will be granted @ease ).

You may be right, but don't forget that computer science is inclusive so what is the relevance of those professional bodies to computer science and how related is computer science to financial management science. Though application is closed but you can call those numbers on the site to authenticate this.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by cricifixo: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
before i say anytin, i want to first of all say a big tank u 2 d OP for resurrecting dis thread after d unfortunate data loss we experienced. now straight to d point, must dos reference letters be written by prominent members of d society like senators, ministers, etc or can i get one from maybe a bank manager or any oda responsible member of d society? pls an urgent response is required. tank u
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
Oh! This thread is still here? halleluyah!
Cricfixo actually 3 category of people that can sign the reference form were mentioned on it , personally I don't like to branch from what is stated & unfortunately answers frm those who know better has been wiped so exercise patience, I'm sure you'll get a better response soon.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nawa oh...
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
cricifixo: before i say anytin, i want to first of all say a big tank u 2 d OP for resurrecting dis thread after d unfortunate data loss we experienced. now straight to d point, must dos reference letters be written by prominent members of d society like senators, ministers, etc or can i get one from maybe a bank manager or any oda responsible member of d society? pls an urgent response is required. tank u
frm a ssc applicant 2012, he said dey dnt check all dose things. They re only concern with ur credentials. Even me also have not got anyone for refree.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by zinaunreal(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
azidomedogo: I can see all our previous post and comments were wiped off due to data loss.Anyway lets continue from 10 JANUARY .All u DSSC/SSC aspirants make una wake up from sleep.welcome back to a new season.mod pls move dis thread to frontpage,it's fun to be here again cheesy
fvck you fvck the mod. & mod better ban me coz I go coz havoc for this thread again. As for the real aspirants, see you at the interview. & lastly, fvck nairaland.. How many people actually make it on this thread any way.. I'm out.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Ajalagideon: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pls i suggest u should not waste ur time, energy and money in signing any thing now. Let them shortlist first. But i know somebody that is applying for the first time wi still do
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by cricifixo: 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
tanx ajisebioyo1 & mimzy007. jst asked asked cos it was part of d requirements 4 ssc candidates including a letter frm d applicants high institution. i jst hope all dis are not dat relevant cos my schl is a long way frm lagos anyway
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by azidomedogo: 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
zinaunreal: fvck you fvck the mod. & mod better ban me coz I go coz havoc for this thread again. As for the real aspirants, see you at the interview. & lastly, fvck nairaland.. How many people actually make it on this thread any way.. I'm out.
The words of a frustrated,spoilt and indiciplined child.it's a pity u are no more relevant again on NA thread.I once told u,your arrogant and rude behaviour will get u a red card.Now u are angry with everyone including NL.I even wonder, who released you from your cage?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 12:21am On Jun 30, 2014
zinaunreal: fvck you fvck the mod. & mod better ban me coz I go coz havoc for this thread again. As for the real aspirants, see you at the interview. & lastly, fvck nairaland.. How many people actually make it on this thread any way.. I'm out.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin watin mod do you oo, as for me i belief
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 12:24am On Jun 30, 2014
I know full well that the shortlisted candidates will see their names lastest on 16th july. We shall also see whether more people will be shortlisted as stipulated by people. gbam

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 12:31am On Jun 30, 2014
We know the number of people dat applied for dssc/ssc after a week of the application wch is smaller compared to last year though the page for that has been wiped off. Now is there anyone here dat applied or that has someone dat applied around june 23rd and 24th to disclose d application number so as to compare to the last year's. Thanks for response
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by OptimistFX: 6:42am On Jun 30, 2014
ajisebioyo1: We know the number of people dat applied for dssc/ssc after a week of the application wch is smaller compared to last year though the page for that has been wiped off. Now is there anyone here dat applied or that has someone dat applied around june 23rd and 24th to disclose d application number so as to compare to the last year's. Thanks for response

Yeah, good question thou has asked. Anyone that applied a day to or on the closing date should update us, and let's start taking the statistics.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by bjreal67(m): 7:25am On Jun 30, 2014
Guys pls I Printed out 2attestation forms, one of them has a space for passport of the referee. also 2 parent declaration form.. pls hint me on what I have missed even b4 d attack n what I'm i to do with the form after signing, what's next after shortlisting is it exam or what plsss I need help because I dnt even knw as per first timer
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by bjreal67(m): 7:38am On Jun 30, 2014
Ajalagideon: Pls i suggest u should not waste ur time, energy and money in signing any thing now. Let them shortlist first. But i know somebody that is applying for the first time wi still do

So that means it after d shortlisting that one will tender d signed papers?... pls don't mind my question o. its my first time sha .. n pls wt abt ds :--
Candidates must submit a letter of
Attestation from their former institutions.?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by bjreal67(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2014
kunlexyfred: Are u ICAN,, ANAN or ACCA certified in addittion to ur degree in economics? If yes, uve applied on the right platform, if u have the intention of practising ur profession in the Nigerian Army! DSSC is for professional while SSC is for those who intend to dump their trained profession and pursue a combat career in the Army! It is also for those who wish to gain short military experience in combat.
@kunlexyfred- must I be certified or is it for economic or accounting alone. because me na Nutrition I read "'?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 10:02am On Jun 30, 2014
I know someone who applied for Ssc on the 23rd. The number was 232--, so approximately 23,500
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by kunlexyfred(m): 10:10am On Jun 30, 2014
bjreal67:
@kunlexyfred- must I be certified or is it for economic or accounting alone. because me na Nutrition I read "'?
if u applied for DSSC in finance dept, a degree in either accounting, economics or computer science plus ICAN or ANAN certification is not negotiable!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 10:14am On Jun 30, 2014
bjreal67: Guys pls I Printed out 2attestation forms, one of them has a space for passport of the referee. also 2 parent declaration form.. pls hint me on what I have missed even b4 d attack n what I'm i to do with the form after signing, what's next after shortlisting is it exam or what plsss I need help because I dnt even knw as per first timer
my dear you should have 1 LG attestation form,2 reference forms (dats the one with a passport photo box),1 parent/ court form & a photo card. So go and print another ref form & ignore one of your parent forms, you only need one of those. After the shortlisting we will report to wherever we are told to & that's where we will present all these papers,the exam will be conducted there too. Those professional bodies discussed are for people who applied under finance corps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

UBA Recruiting / 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. / Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.