Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,208 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants (135807 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! / What Is The Difference Btw The Dssc And Ssc Of The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by kunlexyfred(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2014
ajisebioyo1: I know full well that the shortlisted candidates will see their names lastest on 16th july. We shall also see whether more people will be shortlisted as stipulated by people. gbam
bros, what is d source of ur info? Going by history of NA short service annual convergence and d law that backs it, I would have love to contest d credibility of the source and genuity of d info, but LET ME GIVE U A BENEFIT OF DOUBT.
Nothing is impossible
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by gambudu: 10:19am On Jun 30, 2014
OptimistFX:

You may be right, but don't forget that computer science is inclusive so what is the relevance of those professional bodies to computer science and how related is computer science to financial management science. Though application is closed but you can call those numbers on the site to authenticate this.
yea.comp sc.u just made a valid point.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by gambudu: 10:28am On Jun 30, 2014
kunlexyfred: if u applied for DSSC in finance dept, a degree in either accounting, economics or computer science plus ICAN or ANAN certification is not negotiable!
wait and see when pple with no professional qualificatn will make d list.unless no be nigerian army!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by kunlexyfred(m): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2014
mimzy007: I know someone who applied for Ssc on the 23rd. The number was 232--, so approximately 23,500
That is still pretty high! Going by last year's Stat, it was around 30,000+.
I'm so sure those guys will never shortlist more than 30per state and 20 Fct cos it was freshly introduced last year!
Also, despite d noise making mass recruitment, I'm sure they won't enlist more than 2batches per state and 1and half for FCT.
A standard batch is 4-5 but NA uses 4 but last year 5 were enlisted for SSC while 6 for DSSC!
Chai!!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2014
That's why I said that info should be taken with a pinch of salt, we will know when we see it. I was told after they resumed for training NA picked 1 per state from Makurdi & moved them to KD to join Ssc so it became Ssc 6, Dssc 5
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by kunlexyfred(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2014
gambudu: wait and see when pple with no professional qualificatn will make d list.unless no be nigerian army!
Guy, I understand ur point in the face of nepotism, godfatherism and mediocrity that has plaqued not only enlistment in the Armed forces but the whole system in our beloved country!
However, I don't knw if u were @kaduna last year but if u were there and very concious of happenings, u would notice a guy who had a Major Gen has his sponsor was one of those that were first evicted courtesy apptitude test in a particular state and also Ondo(my state). D system is changing!
All d best .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by gambudu: 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
kunlexyfred:
Guy, I understand ur point in the face of nepotism, godfatherism and mediocrity that has plaqued not only enlistment in the Armed forces but the whole system in our beloved country!
However, I don't knw if u were @kaduna last year but if u were there and very concious of happenings, u would notice a guy who had a Major Gen has his sponsor was one of those that were first evicted courtesy apptitude test in a particular state and also Ondo(my state). D system is changing!
All d best .
well,u said aptitude test and not as a result of unavailability of professional qualification was d candidate screened.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by poundsmaker(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hi guys.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by bjreal67(m): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
kunlexyfred: if u applied for DSSC in finance dept, a degree in either accounting, economics or computer science plus ICAN or ANAN certification is not negotiable!
Thanks @kunlexyfred I think I'm now informed
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by bjreal67(m): 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
mimzy007: my dear you should have 1 LG attestation form,2 reference forms (dats the one with a passport photo box),1 parent/ court form & a photo card. So go and print another ref form & ignore one of your parent forms, you only need one of those. After the shortlisting we will report to wherever we are told to & that's where we will present all these papers,the exam will be conducted there too. Those professional bodies discussed are for people who applied under finance corps.
Wow thanks mimzy007..
So pls when might this shortlisting be and in preparation for the exam should I limit my self to current affairs and GMAT alone?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
mimzy007: That's why I said that info should be taken with a pinch of salt, we will know when we see it. I was told after they resumed for training NA picked 1 per state from Makurdi & moved them to KD to join Ssc so it became Ssc 6, Dssc 5
with the directive from d president i believe the number will increase compared to previous ones. This statement was made by army PRO on may 22 " A highly placed military source, who confided in our correspondent, had said that   President Goodluck Jonathan issued the directive for more recruitment into the army in March after the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Kenneth Minimah, had briefed him about the operations of the army" with the look of things now, the directives of d president abt recruitment is still going on as he said without any hesitation.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
bjreal67:
Wow thanks mimzy007..
So pls when might this shortlisting be and in preparation for the exam should I limit my self to current affairs and GMAT alone?
This what one for us posted a while back
Exam: From last Screening Experience:
The Exam comprised of English, Mathematics without Calculator and General Paper.
Be conversant with Current Affairs (Local & to some extent International), Simple Mathematical Arithmetics (Simplifications, Algebraic expressions, e.t.c.), Fill in the gap kind of Comprehension/Lexis & Structure, Words nearest & opposite in meaning, e.t.c. and finally, an Essay on the topic: Why you want to join Nigerian Army. You're wlc.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by bjreal67(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
mimzy007: This what one for us posted a while back
The Exam comprised of English, Mathematics without Calculator and General Paper.
Be conversant with Current Affairs (Local & to some extent International), Simple Mathematical Arithmetics (Simplifications, Algebraic expressions, e.t.c.), Fill in the gap kind of Comprehension/Lexis & Structure, Words nearest & opposite in meaning, e.t.c. and finally, an Essay on the topic: Why you want to join Nigerian Army. You're wlc.
Ok thanks... will soon go for attestation in my school so that I will be ready.
bt my ref are just the chairman n d sec, hop dt will do.. I'm sorry abt the too much questionsssss
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by gambudu: 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2014
ajisebioyo1: with the directive from d president i believe the number will increase compared to previous ones. This statement was made by army PRO on may 22 " A highly placed military source, who confided in our correspondent, had said that   President Goodluck Jonathan issued the directive for more recruitment into the army in March after the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Kenneth Minimah, had briefed him about the operations of the army" with the look of things now, the directives of d president abt recruitment is still going on as he said without any hesitation.
true.i watched it on the news
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
Bjreal,with the Chairman & Sec as your refs you are ok.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mkoabiola: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
Good to see d thread back to normal ,
I hail all prospective officers.
NA will never never pick more than 8 or 10 per state.
It is d feed back dey gv d president that he will blv,
D only mass recruitment that can b done is d RI 71 and not for Dssc/ssc.
Quote my writing.
Victory is frm God alone

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by poundsmaker(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
wink yawning..............
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
mko abiola: Good to see d thread back to normal ,
I hail all prospective officers.
NA will never never pick more than 8 or 10 per state.
It is d feed back dey gv d president that he will blv,
D only mass recruitment that can b done is d RI 71 and not for Dssc/ssc.
Quote my writing.
Victory is frm God alone
im not disputing ur fact bro bt no one knows all at d same time, i av an inlaw that told me army is short of officers that hardly u will see an officer following a 40 man troop. With this i also agreed that army is short of officers and dey will need more...
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by OptimistFX: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
The recruitment RRI list is out check at https://www.facebook.com/NigerianArmy/posts/540608699384793 to those that are conversant with it, kindly check the list and inform the house if there is any changes from the usual process, eg selected number per state.
That should give us insight of what will happen regard to DSSC/SSC.
What do you think house?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by poundsmaker(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Moral is getting higher.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by obiksam(m): 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
mimzy007: This what one for us posted a while back

Thanks for this info
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by jaba11: 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mimzy007 thanks 4 this info. I printed only 1 reference form which has been signed, unknown to me that is suppose to be 2 Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
Obiksam & Jaba, you're wlc guys.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by arantess: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
Una don start again abi....make I go report Una sef

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by azidomedogo: 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
arantess: Una don start again abi....make I go report Una sef
pls do it fast.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by GreenBobo: 7:06am On Jul 01, 2014
I am by this notice volunteering to become an e-police over this thread. In other words,I shall use the report button against any handle that attempts to derail this thread. You're all by this notice advised to be guided, to be cool and above all, to treat your fellow compatriots with utmost civility!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by bjreal67(m): 8:30am On Jul 01, 2014
mimzy007: Obiksam & Jaba, you're wlc guys.
Gud am mimzy, thks for d info, but please I want clarification on the attestation from institution where I finish.. some person told me it statement of result is this true?? and for this attestation is it from the school admin (registrar) or from my faculty??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

UBA Recruiting / 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. / Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.