Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Show Me Just One Verse...just One - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Show Me Just One Verse...just One (2683 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 8:51am On Dec 28, 2013
ooman:

pls post the verse where Jesus stated that "I am the only begotten son of God".
Thanks
have you ever heard where God said "dis is my beloved son in whom im well pleased"?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 8:55am On Dec 28, 2013
BabaGnoni:

In Luke 4:8: when satani, told Jesus he will give things to Jesus if he Jesus will fall down and worship satani

Jesus answered
satani, saying: “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.”
1. U mean to tell me Satan who was aware that Jesus created(abi no be him be the creator ni) him was gelling God to worship Him.
2. Does Jesus's reply mean he's to be worshipped...he said worship your lord and serve him only(if he was God,he would have said me,abi can't u read these things ur posting ni)(only wc jesus used there proves God is 1 (monotheism) wc u don't believe in)
3. Jesus demonstrated that u should worship the lord only when he also worship in gethsame and many other places.
4. You mean to tell me that God was worshiping another God.this ur reply vividly claims that jesus neva was worth worshiping..if he was satan wouldn't direct that question to him..as u know very well that God worship no one(wc jesus did)...and even after he had directed the question...for the benefit of the 2billion christians today,u think jesus couldn't have said.."I am God,I bow to no one"...rather than jesus directing him to worship another lord...because in the composition of jesus's reply,he was reffering to a third person.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2013
Image123:

duh, you're muslin. Do i really have time for these? Anyway, i heard that your holy book says you fellows should listen to us(believers) or so. Is that not true? Why are you disobeying that?

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: have you ever heard where God said "dis is my beloved son in whom im well pleased"?
many others were reffered to as God's Son in the bible.the problem I have with the term "Son" is just like I have with "Lord"...in ancient hebrew,leaders were called rabbis,a term used also for the creator..the translators of the bible just choose words and this has caused so much problem.If u can translate the words of jesus(if it still exists) back to aramaic,u'd see clearly that ur on a manifest error
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: many others were reffered to as God's Son in the bible.the problem I have with the term "Son" is just like I have with "Lord"...in ancient hebrew,leaders were called rabbis,a term used also for the creator..the translators of the bible just choose words and this has caused so much problem.If u can translate the words of jesus(if it still exists) back to aramaic,u'd see clearly that ur on a manifest error

Before Jesus, how many people did God refer to as His Son?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: many others were reffered to as God's Son in the bible.the problem I have with the term "Son" is just like I have with "Lord"...in ancient hebrew,leaders were called rabbis,a term used also for the creator..the translators of the bible just choose words and this has caused so much problem.If u can translate the words of jesus(if it still exists) back to aramaic,u'd see clearly that ur on a manifest error
since you r so knowledble and vast in the bible, kindly point to us here anywhere in d bible where God himself made dat remark concerning any other person. remenbr he said dis twice abt Jesus
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98:
1. U mean to tell me Satan who was aware that Jesus created(abi no be him be the creator ni) him was gelling God to worship Him.
2. Does Jesus's reply mean he's to be worshipped...he said worship your lord and serve him only(if he was God,he would have said me,abi can't u read these things ur posting ni)(only wc jesus used there proves God is 1 (monotheism) wc u don't believe in)
3. Jesus demonstrated that u should worship the lord only when he also worship in gethsame and many other places.
4. You mean to tell me that God was worshiping another God.this ur reply vividly claims that jesus neva was worth worshiping..if he was satan wouldn't direct that question to him..as u know very well that God worship no one(wc jesus did)...and even after he had directed the question...for the benefit of the 2billion christians today,u think jesus couldn't have said.."I am God,I bow to no one"...rather than jesus directing him to worship another lord...because in the composition of jesus's reply,he was reffering to a third person.

On the basis of evidence and reasoning from other verses, Jesus is Lord and was worshiped

In Luke 4:8: when satani, told Jesus he will give things to Jesus if he Jesus will fall down and worship satani

Jesus answered
satani, saying: “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.”

So dareabiola98 we wonder whatever is it the Magi did, when they went to meet Jesus to do what they did and why?

dareabiola98 we also wonder whatever is it Herod lied about, that he too, would like to do same, as the Magi. Huh?

What was it the Magi did to Jesus?

Answer now!

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 10:11am On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: since you r so knowledble and vast in the bible, kindly point to us here anywhere in d bible where God himself made dat remark concerning any other person. remenbr he said dis twice abt Jesus
please dis question demands answer if u also want answers to your future questions
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 11:05am On Dec 28, 2013
Psalm 82:6  "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' "
I think this 1 is enof
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: Psalm 82:6  "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' "
I think this 1 is enof
who was speakin there nd wch ppl was been referd to there. i wld also like to know d version u quoted frm or did u insert d son inthere urself?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: who was speakin there nd wch ppl was been referd to there. i wld also like to know d version u quoted frm or did u insert d son inthere urself?
have u checked ur own bible?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 11:53am On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: have u checked ur own bible?
of course i av. y dnt u cross check urs
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 12:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
Cos I gave one abi......You shouldn't take the Son literarilly read:
Read Exodus 4:22.
And thou (Moses) shalt say unto Pharaoh, thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn.”
Read now II Samuel 7:13-14 and I Chronicles 22:10. “He (Solomon) shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father and he shall be My son.”
It will be even more confusing when you read Jeremiah 31:9: “I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.” In Exodus 4:22 just now, Israel was called firstborn too. Who is the real firstborn? Israel or Ephraim? Common people can also be children of God; read Deuteronomy 14:1.“Ye are the children of the Lord your God.”
Common people can also be called firstborn; read Romans 8:29.
Long before Jesus was born, God said to David (Psalm 2.7): “I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me (David), Thou art My son; this day have I begotten thee.” So David is also God’s begotten son, and he was before Jesus. You see the meaning of “son of God” is not literal but metaphorical. The Bible makes it clear that anyone who obeys God is beloved to God and is called son or children of God. Jesus also said that God is not only his Father, but also your Father as stated in Matthew 5:45,48.“That ye may be the children of your Father”; and “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”As you can see in many passages of the Bible people are called “first born”, “begotten son”, “sons of God” and “children of God” which signify love and affection and nearness to God, and is not exclusive to Jesus alone.
there are sons and daughters in tons buh lemme stop here.....I ask this question though...on what basis do you make Jesus the Son of God...because he had no father?...Allah says in the qur'an "the similitude of jesus is like that of adam in front of Allah"...if u feel jesus is son of God because he had no father...then adam is a greater Son..he had no father and mother..we even hear of one who had no relatives in the bible.So ponder
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: Psalm 82:6  "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' "
I think this 1 is enof

In that sense, every being is God's offspring including the devil and angels. We are referring to the sense in which Jesus Himself spoke as being the ONLY Son.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2 Likes

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: Cos I gave one abi......You shouldn't take the Son literarilly read:
Read Exodus 4:22.
And thou (Moses) shalt say unto Pharaoh, thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn.”
Read now II Samuel 7:13-14 and I Chronicles 22:10. “He (Solomon) shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father and he shall be My son.”
It will be even more confusing when you read Jeremiah 31:9: “I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.” In Exodus 4:22 just now, Israel was called firstborn too. Who is the real firstborn? Israel or Ephraim? Common people can also be children of God; read Deuteronomy 14:1.“Ye are the children of the Lord your God.”
Common people can also be called firstborn; read Romans 8:29.
Long before Jesus was born, God said to David (Psalm 2.7): “I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me (David), Thou art My son; this day have I begotten thee.” So David is also God’s begotten son, and he was before Jesus. You see the meaning of “son of God” is not literal but metaphorical. The Bible makes it clear that anyone who obeys God is beloved to God and is called son or children of God. Jesus also said that God is not only his Father, but also your Father as stated in Matthew 5:45,48.“That ye may be the children of your Father”; and “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”As you can see in many passages of the Bible people are called “first born”, “begotten son”, “sons of God” and “children of God” which signify love and affection and nearness to God, and is not exclusive to Jesus alone.
there are sons and daughters in tons buh lemme stop here.....I ask this question though...on what basis do you make Jesus the Son of God...because he had no father?...Allah says in the qur'an "the similitude of jesus is like that of adam in front of Allah"...if u feel jesus is son of God because he had no father...then adam is a greater Son..he had no father and mother..we even hear of one who had no relatives in the bible.So ponder
u r wrong God wasnt speakin to davidbut was referin to JESUS. note dat d bible said "the lord said to my lord"

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Image123:

In that sense, every being is God's offspring including the devil and angels. We are referring to the sense in which Jesus Himself spoke as being the ONLY Son.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I qouted above;Long before Jesus was born, God said to David (Psalm 2.7): “I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me (David), Thou art My son; this day have I begotten thee.” So David is also God’s begotten son, and he was before Jesus. You see the meaning of “son of God” is not literal but metaphorical.who's lying here...Beggoten has been changed to chosen in some versions of the bible...I don't know what ur trying to prove but all the above verses called pple Sons of God..So why is jesu's Sonship any different
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: u r wrong God wasnt speakin to davidbut was referin to JESUS. note dat d bible said "the lord said to my lord"
David (Psalm 2.7): “I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me (David), Thou art My son; this day have I begotten thee...God was talking to david..Read the bible commentry..He was reffering to som1 present
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: I qouted above;Long before Jesus was born, God said to David (Psalm 2.7): “I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me (David), Thou art My son; this day have I begotten thee.” So David is also God’s begotten son, and he was before Jesus. You see the meaning of “son of God” is not literal but metaphorical.who's lying here...Beggoten has been changed to chosen in some versions of the bible...I don't know what ur trying to prove but all the above verses called pple Sons of God..So why is jesu's Sonship any different

Very simple. i'm aware of all God's offspring being referred to as children of God. Jesus is also aware. The point you need to get is the distinction Jesus Himself made referring to Himself as the ONLY begotten of God. Even when you change begotten to chosen, the fact remains that Jesus is not like everyone else before Him. God asked the angels to worship Him. Do you know any man like that? Learn to listen to we believers, i heard that your holy book says so.

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Image123:

Very simple. i'm aware of all God's offspring being referred to as children of God. Jesus is also aware. The point you need to get is the distinction Jesus Himself made referring to Himself as the ONLY begotten of God. Even when you change begotten to chosen, the fact remains that Jesus is not like everyone else before Him. God asked the angels to worship Him. Do you know any man like that? Learn to listen to we believers, i heard that your holy book says so.
its either that Jesu in the bible was Lying or that God in the bible was Lying...some1 has to be...the angels bowed to Adam also as God commanded them.what does that make him
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: David (Psalm 2.7): “I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me (David), Thou art My son; this day have I begotten thee...God was talking to david..Read the bible commentry..He was reffering to som1 present
you need to read and digest dis
matt 2236 Master, which is the great
commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou
shalt love the Lord thy God with
all thy heart, and with all thy
soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great
commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as
thyself.
40 On these two
commandments hang all the law
and the prophets.
41 While the Pharisees were
gathered together, Jesus asked
them,
42 Saying, What think ye of
Christ? whose son is he? They say
unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then
doth David in spirit call him Lord,
saying,
44 The LORD said unto my Lord,
Sit thou on my right hand, till I
make thine enemies thy
footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord,
how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to
answer him a word, neither durst
any man from that day forth ask
him any more questions.
you cant understand d bible wen u pick a verse in isolation. besides i wonder d version of bible u r twistin all dis frm
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
[/color]I might add that the Greek word used for what the Biblical editors mistranslate as "Worshipped" is 'prosekunesan'.  It is derived from 'proskuneo' (4352), which literally means bow, crouch, crawl, kneel or prostrate.  Interestingly, there is absolutely no text of prayer associated with the recorded acts of "prosekuneo" to Jesus{peace be upon him} in the Bible.[color=#770077]That is why, for example when dealing with the subject of the three wise sages encountering the infant Jesus{peace be upon him} as recorded in Mathew 2:11, instead of using the word "worshipped", the 'New English Bible' translates the text of the quoted verse as: "bowed to the ground". 

Furthermore, in the 'New Revised Standard Version' the text of the quoted verse reads: "they knelt down and paid him homage"
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: you need to read and digest dis
matt 2236 Master, which is the great
commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou
shalt love the Lord thy God with
all thy heart, and with all thy
soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great
commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as
thyself.
40 On these two
commandments hang all the law
and the prophets.
41 While the Pharisees were
gathered together, Jesus asked
them,
42 Saying, What think ye of
Christ? whose son is he? They say
unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then
doth David in spirit call him Lord,
saying,
44 The LORD said unto my Lord,
Sit thou on my right hand, till I
make thine enemies thy
footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord,
how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to
answer him a word, neither durst
any man from that day forth ask
him any more questions.
you cant understand d bible wen u pick a verse in isolation. besides i wonder d version of bible u r twistin all dis frm
please reply dis or its obvious u jst want to lead innocent christians astray. if i should open a thread in d islam section i will get a ban but you can freely express ur views here. why r muslims so insecure?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 2:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: its either that Jesu in the bible was Lying or that God in the bible was Lying...some1 has to be...the angels bowed to Adam also as God commanded them.what does that make him

You're not listening to us oh.None of them is lying, hopefully you've seen what Jesus said, talking about being distinctive. i don't know where God commnded angels WORSHIP Adam in the Bible, even though Jesus came to earth as a type of Adam anyway.

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98:

I might add that the Greek word used for what the Biblical editors mistranslate as "Worshipped" is 'prosekunesan'. 

It is derived from 'proskuneo' (4352), which literally means bow, crouch, crawl, kneel or prostrate. 

Interestingly, there is absolutely no text of prayer associated with the recorded acts of "prosekuneo" to Jesus{peace be upon him} in the Bible.

That is why, for example when dealing with the subject of the three wise sages encountering the infant Jesus{peace be upon him} as recorded in Mathew 2:11,

instead of using the word "worshipped", the 'New English Bible' translates the text of the quoted verse as: "bowed to the ground". 

Furthermore, in the 'New Revised Standard Version' the text of the quoted verse reads
: "they knelt down and paid him homage"

Omi eko, eko noni.

Carry go, go siddon jaare

Homage is worship, whether you like it or not.

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
Image123:

You're not listening to us oh.None of them is lying, hopefully you've seen what Jesus said, talking about being distinctive. i don't know where God commnded angels WORSHIP Adam in the Bible, even though Jesus came to earth as a type of Adam anyway.
dont mind hin jare. he is mistaking d koran for d bible

2 Likes

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: please reply dis or its obvious u jst want to lead innocent christians astray. if i should open a thread in d islam section i will get a ban but you can freely express ur views here. why r muslims so insecure?
I didn't get the point ur trying to prove with the speech u gave above.The thread reads:....provide 1 verse from the bible where Jesus claimed to be God or where he asked people to worship him. SIMPLE!!!...u're the one changing the subject maybe u shud (brief with ur speeches cos I couldn't get the point u were trying to prove
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
BabaGnoni:

Omi eko, eko noni.

Carry go, go siddon jaare

Homage is worship, whether you like it or not.
Did jesus speak english abi wetin be homage for this talk.... embarassed
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: I didn't get the point ur trying to prove with the speech u gave above.The thread reads:....provide 1 verse from the bible where Jesus claimed to be God or where he asked people to worship him. SIMPLE!!!...u're the one changing the subject maybe u shud (brief with ur speeches cos I couldn't get the point u were trying to prove

By the way, the whole Bible is Jesus. HE is the Word. The Scripture is filled with pssages that tell us Jesus is God. Do you think Jesus is God?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by oyeludef(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: I didn't get the point ur trying to prove with the speech u gave above.The thread reads:....provide 1 verse from the bible where Jesus claimed to be God or where he asked people to worship him. SIMPLE!!!...u're the one changing the subject maybe u shud (brief with ur speeches cos I couldn't get the point u were trying to prove
read it u r an intellectual.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98:

Did jesus speak english abi wetin be homage for this talk.... embarassed

OK, dareabiola98, I hear you

but please when someone does a "proskuneo" or is it a "prosekunesan" with a spiritual reverence to it, what has that someone just done?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by COvo(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
@OP I think you are crazy,u need your drugs.If you don't wanna worship God then don't worship him.You'll suffer the consequences yourself.

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by kevoh(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2013

John:1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John:1:2: The same was in the beginning with God.

John:1:3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John:1:4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John:1:5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John:1:6: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
John:1:7: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
John:1:8: He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
John:1:9: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
John:1:10: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
John:1:11: He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
John:1:12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John:1:13: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John:1:14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Take note of the bolded and the emphasis on WORD. Jesus christ is the WORD that was with God and was God and then the WORD (Jesus Christ) became flesh (human form) and dwelt among us. God is worshipped by all who believe in him. If Jesus christ is God as the above verses pointed out then it is just natural for those who believe in him to worship.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Vs Service / 'prophet' Suleiman's 2014 54 Fake Prophesies Debunked / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.