Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Show Me Just One Verse...just One - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Show Me Just One Verse...just One (2682 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by PastorOluT(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: Christians!!!....I want you to show me just one verse...where jesus himself unequivocally or explicitly said "I am God,Worship me"....I don't want verses like I am light,or I am this or I am that...I want a clear statement...very clear. or can gggod come to this world as u have claimed and not leave one single explicit verse...rather than verses we can give different meaning to.wwwaiting....

Smile, u sure know even 100 verses would never convince u for ur mind is made up.

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by onetrack(m): 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
For the OP:

The Quran says that Jesus was born of a virgin, and that god commanded the angel Gabriel to go and blow into Mary's va.gina, which is how she got pregnant. So who is Jesus' father?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: Christians!!!....I want you to show me just one verse...where jesus himself unequivocally or explicitly said "I am God,Worship me"....I don't want verses like I am light,or I am this or I am that...I want a clear statement...very clear. or can gggod come to this world as u have claimed and not leave one single explicit verse...rather than verses we can give different meaning to.wwwaiting....

I believe you will be waiting a long time for that one verse, rather you will get hundreds of verses, allegories, inferences, extrapolations, but never the explicit statement you seek. The fact of the matter is Jesus never said any such nonsense as "worship me I am God" and why would he? To a first century Jew it would be anathema. Worse is the fact that Jesus wrote nothing down, or at least his writings never survived therefore there are no accurate renderings of what he actually said. None of the gospel writers wre witnesses or contemporaries, our most reliable and earliest gospel writer, the anonymous author of Mark was not actually aware of the "virgin birth" of Jesus neither were majority of first century Jews. I await said verse with intetest.

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sarassin:

I believe you will be waiting a long time for that one verse, rather you will get hundreds of verses, allegories, inferences, extrapolations, but never the explicit statement you seek. The fact of the matter is Jesus never said any such nonsense as "worship me I am God" and why would he? To a first century Jew it would be anathema. Worse is the fact that Jesus wrote nothing down, or at least his writings never survived therefore there are no accurate renderings of what he actually said. None of the gospel writers wre witnesses or contemporaries, our most reliable and earliest gospel writer, the anonymous author of Mark was not actually aware of the "virgin birth" of Jesus neither were majority of first century Jews.

I await said verse with interest.

@Sarassin

You'll wait sotay, and be on a lonnnnnng thing. Sorry grin

There is no verse per se, to repeat or quote verbatim from, for dareabiola98 or for you

Are you both happy and now pleased?

However on the basis of evidence and reasoning from other verses, it is a fact, Jesus is Lord, is God and was worshiped

In Luke 4:8: when satani, told Jesus he will give things to Jesus if he Jesus will fall down and worship satani

Jesus answered
satani, saying: “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.”

Sarassin, we wonder whatever is it, the Magi did, when they went to meet Jesus to do what they did and why?

Sarassin, we also wonder whatever is it Herod lied about, that he too, would like to do same, as the Magi. Huh?

What was it the Magi did to Jesus?

Y'all should just suck it up and pack in the whinging!!! angry angry angry grin

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Trottle: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
How can a son of a Spiritual Force/God be a man?

A son of a God has to be of the same species right?

Can a dog give birth to a chicken?

WHAT NONSENSE! angry
grin grin
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
BabaGnoni:

OK, dareabiola98, I hear you

but please when someone does a "proskuneo" or is it a "prosekunesan" with a spiritual reverence to it, what has that someone just done?
Means to worship....and in the greek bible its nowhere to be found
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
You can iinfer...there's no such verse rather what there's are verses you can give different meaning and even christian give different interpretations to...
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
Rather....there are tons of verses where he claimed of the One True God
what was jesus's reply when he was asked of the first commandment: The first commandment “Hear, O’ Israel: The Lord our God is One Lord”; (Isaiah 43:10-11):
“... that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He; before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside Me there is no saviour”; (Isaiah 44:6):
From Isaiah 45:18, alone we can conclusively say that God alone was the Creator and no one else, not even Jesus, participated in the creation.
See further: Deuteronomy 4:35; Exodus 8:10; Il Samuel 7:22; 1 Kings 8:23; I Chronicles 17:20; Psalms 86:8,89:6 and 113:5; Hosea 13:4; Zechariah 14:9.
.” (I Timothy 2:5): “For there is ONE GOD, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” Look to the expression the man Christ Jesus...
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
BabaGnoni:

@Sarassin

You'll wait sotay, and be on a lonnnnnng thing. Sorry grin

There is no verse per se, to repeat or quote verbatim from, for dareabiola98 or for you

Are you both happy and now pleased?

However on the basis of evidence and reasoning from other verses, it is a fact, Jesus is Lord, is God and was worshiped

In Luke 4:8: when satani, told Jesus he will give things to Jesus if he Jesus will fall down and worship satani

Jesus answered
satani, saying: “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.”

Sarassin, we wonder whatever is it, the Magi did, when they went to meet Jesus to do what they did and why?

Sarassin, we also wonder whatever is it Herod lied about, that he too, would like to do same, as the Magi. Huh?

What was it the Magi did to Jesus?

Y'all should just suck it up and pack in the whinging!!! angry angry angry grin

I take it from the turkey-speak above that you do not agree with me.

Of course there is no such explicit verse in the Good Book, it amounts to little more than a pious indulgence to claim Jesus is God. Frankly I could care less.

Your arguments are not that clever, it is painfully obvious whom and what Jesus referred Satan to.
It is crystal clear that the context of the use of the word "worship" in connection with the magi and King Herod was "homage" or "obeisance".

I guess since half-baked ministers have taken over, all the sunday schools have gone to the dogs!
Judges in England are addressed "Your worship". I suppose you think they are God and are worshipped too.??

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed....(From the NIV Bible, Matthew 16:39)"

"So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.  (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 26:44)"

"One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.  (From the NIV Bible, Luke 6:12)"

Matthew 26:36-44

36.  Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray."
37.  He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled.
38.  Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."
39.  Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
40.  Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter.
41.  "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
42.  He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."
43.  When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy.
44.  So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, SAYING THE SAME THING. Jesus said "no vain repetitions" in Prayers(Matthew 6:5-cool".  But how many times did Jesus pray over the same thing in such a small period of time?   3 times in Matthew 26:36-44, and endlessly in Luke 6:12
. The bible portrays Jesus as a Man that needed God..He was troubled and persistent in prayer...How can he be God!....How can one unequivocal verse have much power over these.Or do you not read this bible.Pls pple...I'm not calling you to anything,All I want you to see is who Jesus truly was.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Mintayo(m): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2013
dareabiola98: Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed....(From the NIV Bible, Matthew 16:39)"

"So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.  (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 26:44)"

"One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.  (From the NIV Bible, Luke 6:12)"

36.  Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray."
37.  He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled.
38.  Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."
39.  Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
40.  Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter.
41.  "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
42.  He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."
43.  When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy.
44.  So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, SAYING THE SAME THING. Jesus said "no vain repetitions" in Prayers(Matthew 6:5-cool".  But how many times did Jesus pray over the same thing in such a small period of time?   3 times in Matthew 26:36-44, and endlessly in Luke 6:12
. The bible portrays Jesus as a Man that needed God..He was troubled and persistent in prayer...How can he be God!....How can one unequivocal verse have much power over these.Or do you not read this bible.Pls pple...I'm not calling you to anything,All I want you to see is who Jesus truly was.
You sure want to knw what Jesus really was? When you already v it in mind that He is a messenger of Allah and a muslim?smhh...
If you want to know who Jesus really was,leave ur biased and reprobate mind and study d Bible asking the Holy Spirit to help you...

2 Likes

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 5:34am On Dec 29, 2013
Sarassin:

I take it from the turkey-speak above that you do not agree with me.

Of course there is no such explicit verse in the Good Book, it amounts to little more than a pious indulgence to claim Jesus is God. Frankly I could care less.

Your arguments are not that clever, it is painfully obvious whom and what Jesus referred Satan to.

It is crystal clear that the context of the use of the word "worship" in connection with the magi and King Herod was "homage" or "obeisance".

I guess since half-baked ministers have taken over, all the sunday schools have gone to the dogs!

Judges in England are addressed "Your worship". I suppose you think they are God and are worshipped too.??

@Sarassin

Saracen, DBS and please wipe off the smug look.

Listen to yourself and think how possibly can judges in England be God and worshiped too? Hmm? SMH.

Saracen, "Your worship" is merely an English tradition which is a form of address for magistrates, mayors and certain other dignitaries

Now this is wiping the egg on your face and correcting your over-sabi, fake image plus your straw man false claim:

Judges are addressed, ACTUALLY as "My Lord"/"My Lady" and referred to as "Your Lordship"/"Your Ladyship"

Wonder what was peculiar about this child that the magi and a King; Herod, would want to pay "homage" or "obeisance" to Him?

No precedent to this. The Magi and a King Herod thing had never happened before and hasn't happened, again, since that, one incident.

We all agree that, of course there is no such explicit verse

conclusions however, can be reached on the basis of evidences and reasoning from other verses, that Jesus is Lord, is God and was worshiped

Sarassin, for all I care, this topic, at this juncture, can Go and DIE!
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ireneidiva(f): 5:42am On Dec 29, 2013

He never said he was God. God asked all men to come to him through Jesus rather.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2013
dareabiola98: Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed....(From the NIV Bible, Matthew 16:39)"

So you don't know that Jesus is the Son of man?

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
BabaGnoni:

@Sarassin

Saracen, DBS and please wipe off the smug look.

Listen to yourself and think how possibly can judges in England be God and worshiped too? Hmm? SMH.

Saracen, "Your worship" is merely an English tradition which is a form of address for magistrates, mayors and certain other dignitaries

Now this is wiping the egg on your face and correcting your over-sabi, fake image plus your straw man false claim:

Judges are addressed, ACTUALLY as "My Lord"/"My Lady" and referred to as "Your Lordship"/"Your Ladyship"

Wonder what was peculiar about this child that the magi and a King; Herod, would want to pay "homage" or "obeisance" to Him?

No precedent to this. The Magi and a King Herod thing had never happened before and hasn't happened, again, since that, one incident.

We all agree that, of course there is no such explicit verse

conclusions however, can be reached on the basis of evidences and reasoning from other verses, that Jesus is Lord, is God and was worshiped

Sarassin, for all I care, this topic, at this juncture, can Go and DIE!

There's really no need for you to throw your toys out of your pram. I expected reasoned opinion from you, however like the rest of your hordes the red mist descends amidst a vitriolic haze whenever legitimate questions are asked of a religion you clearly know nothing about, yet profess an adherence to. Here's food for thought.

"Conclusions however can be reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning from other verses that Jesus is NOT God, never claimed to be, nor asked to be worshipped as God."

Have a good day.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sarassin:

There's really no need for you to throw your toys out of your pram.

I expected reasoned opinion from you, however like the rest of your hordes the red mist descends amidst a vitriolic haze whenever legitimate questions are asked of a religion you clearly know nothing about, yet profess an adherence to. Here's food for thought.

"Conclusions however can be reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning from other verses that Jesus is NOT God, never claimed to be, nor asked to be worshipped as God."

Have a good day.

". . . throw your toys out of your pram"

- Ah! Cor blimey, what an original remark Saracen grin grin
- Congratulations. Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on? grin

You know your problem, Sarassin?

You're far too quick to descend to barefaced lies and fabrication with people who disagree with your stance.

and so your shift and switch from "Jesus is Lord, is God and was worshiped" on hand to "Jesus is NOT God, never claimed to be, nor asked to be worshipped as God."

I rest my case and need say no more.

Have a good day too, friend, brother.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
BabaGnoni:

". . . throw your toys out of your pram"

- Ah! Cor blimey, what an original remark Saracen grin grin
- Congratulations. Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on? grin

You know your problem, Sarassin?

You're far too quick to descend to barefaced lies and fabrication with people who disagree with your stance.

and so your shift and switch from "Jesus is Lord, is God and was worshiped" on hand to "Jesus is NOT God, never claimed to be, nor asked to be worshipped as God."

I rest my case and need say no more.

Have a good day too, friend, brother.

You really should get rid of the chip on your shoulder, its rather weighing you down heavily.

More dissembling from you.

Accusations of barefaced lies and fabrication from a poster who claims Jesus is God,..........priceless!

Like you said, i need say no more.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sarassin:

You really should get rid of the chip on your shoulder, its rather weighing you down heavily.

More dissembling from you.

Accusations of barefaced lies and fabrication from a poster who claims Jesus is God,..........priceless!

Like you said, i need say no more.

Wonders shall never cease shocked shocked shocked, talk about the pot calling the kettle black kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Demons Are Real - My Encounter With A Demon! Real Life! No Vision! My Story / "I Am An Atheist. Why Should I Consider Becoming A Christian?" / Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.