Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

My Genotype Issue "AS" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Genotype Issue "AS" (1171 Views)

Family Issues: My Genotype,my Love / How Do U Handle An Issue As Complex As This? / My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Genotype Issue "AS" by DaaSlim(m): 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
I don't know how to define diz problem specifically.
I am 31 years old. My blood genotype is AS.
Since last 4 years that i have made up my mind to go for a serious relationship that can leads to marriage, all the ladies i came across are AS.
If perhaps, i meet AA, i will not like her or she will not be my choice of lady.
Its getting frustrating as the year pass by.

Please shear your view with me and encouragements.
Thanks.
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by pasqal09: 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Keep searching till you get a good lady you like with AA blood genotype.
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by DonaldGenes(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Op, should i comment?
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Emmyk(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
If procreation is one of the reasons you are marrying, then keep searching till you find the right one (AA).

It's a risky something o, if you go for AS, with the aim of procreation.

Cheers. wink
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by eluquenson(m): 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Don't let that deter you from your marriage, AS genotype can go for AS if you are financially buoyant & ready to take the task if you have a sickle cell child, but the possibility is 1 out of every 4, but you can be lucky if you decide to go for just 2 & you may not have a sickle cell child.
I will advise you go for your heart desire regardless of genotype, its the peace of mind that matters most. I have a colleague that is SS & she's performing well
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
eluquenson: Don't let that deter you from your marriage, AS genotype can go for AS if you are financially buoyant & ready to take the task if you have a sickle cell child, but the possibility is 1 out of every 4, but you can be lucky if you decide to go for just 2 & you may not have a sickle cell child.
I will advise you go for your heart desire regardless of genotype, its the peace of mind that matters most. I have a colleague that is SS & she's performing well

Don't mislead this guy abeg! Who told you SS is one out of every 4? I've see AS couple with 3 SS kids out of 5, so?

@OP, better keep searching till you find the right match- AA. Even if you are rich, you won't be happy when they have crises. BOL in your search.
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by DaaSlim(m): 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
eluquenson: Don't let that deter you from your marriage, AS genotype can go for AS if you are financially buoyant & ready to take the task if you have a sickle cell child, but the possibility is 1 out of every 4, but you can be lucky if you decide to go for just 2 & you may not have a sickle cell child.

I'm very scared. I have meet good number of ladies that are my taste, but the genotype is the problem. I don't want to risk it.
I have a good job and i don't want to mess up my life/generation.
Thanks for your advice.
God bless!
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sometimes I wonder why men want a perfect lady, is it a crime bringing out the woman u want in a woman?
One of the AA that's nt ur specs, work on her.
*they nt ur specs after sampling abi after havin convo with them? *
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by pasqal09: 9:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dyt: Sometimes I wonder why men want a perfect lady, is it a crime bringing out the woman u want in a woman?
Working on a woman? Tell me that is a joke?
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
pasqal09:
Working on a woman? Tell me that is a joke?

Oh yh
So its women dat can work on a man?
Smh
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by pasqal09: 9:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dyt:

Oh yh
So its women dat can work on a man?
Smh

If u aren't compatible with someone. Its best you quit and look for someone else. This "working on" shit never works.
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
pasqal09:

If u aren't compatible with someone. Its best you quit and look for someone else. This "working on" shit never works.

U think so?
Why do marriage work?
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by pasqal09: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
Marriage works only if ur partner is compatible with u

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
And what makes compatibility?
Yimu
One thing u don't know is, partners bend rules to please themselves
Like this what makes u happy, I love you, why can't I do it
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by vislabraye(m): 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2013

That's a very bad advice you are giving him. Is he your enemy ?
Probability is one out of four meaning that it is possible for any child to get SS. Its a probability. Even if he decides to get one child, that child can be a sickler.

May be U don't know the trauma the parent and child go through. You think its a joke ?

@poster. Ps don't risk it for anything. Just look for an AA and continue from there. Avoid unnecessary heartache. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by pasqal09: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dyt: And what makes compatibility?
Yimu
One thing u don't know is, partners bend rules to please themselves
Like this what makes u happy, I love you, why can't I do it

Loving someone and being compatible with them are very different things
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 9:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
pasqal09:

Loving someone and being compatible with them are very different things

I didn't say they were same
Just pointed out to u that both works together
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by pasqal09: 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dyt:

I didn't say they were same
Just pointed out to u that both works together

Then we are saying the same thing.
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
pasqal09:

Then we are saying the same thing.

Lol
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by pasqal09: 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dyt:

Lol
Did I say something funny?
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
pasqal09:
Did I say something funny?

Lmao
U are funny
Hehehehehe
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by pasqal09: 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dyt:

Lmao
U are funny
Hehehehehe
undecided
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Rhemar(m): 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
just keep searching till u find someone wt d right genotype 'AA' to avoid d risk involved

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by DaaSlim(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2013
Thanks guyz , your candid advice goes a long way.
I recently met a Nurse lady and she was trying to convince me about the genotype issue.
She is also AS and she told me they now have a medical check up about the pregnancy before the baby form.
I don't want to risk the shit!

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by DaaSlim(m): 7:56am On Dec 28, 2013
Dyt: Sometimes I wonder why men want a perfect lady, is it a crime bringing out the woman u want in a woman?

*smile@ sampling.
I'm not that kind of man. I never criticizes on any guy who sample anyway.
But to answer and clarify you, i'm not in Nija and that is why it makes the searching a difficult one for me.
So, the few i have met are all my genotype (AS).
No sampling/convo smiley
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by eluquenson(m): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2013
vislabraye:

[s]That's a very bad advice you are giving him. Is he your enemy ?[/s]
Probability is one out of four meaning that it is possible for any child to get SS. Its a probability. Even if he decides to get one child, that child can be a sickler.

May be U don't know the trauma the parent and child go through. You think its a joke ?

@poster. Ps don't risk it for anything. Just look for an AA and continue from there. Avoid unnecessary heartache. Goodluck.

What trauma?
Don't you know in every marriage, Love & peace of mind is the most paramount. If @Op Love an AS babe let him go for it, as we have rightly seen on the thread now, there is now a way out of it , so why ponder on it again. I beg @Op go for your heart desire cos some AA can even make life miserable for you.
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by vislabraye(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2013
eluquenson:

What trauma?
Don't you know in every marriage, Love & peace of mind is the most paramount. If @Op Love an AS babe let him go for it, as we have rightly seen on the thread now, there is now a way out of it , so why ponder on it again. I beg @Op go for your heart desire cos some AA can even make life miserable for you.

My brother, the risk of SS is high Oh !! Unless he knows of a way to prevent himself from getting an SS, he should go ahead.
I know of some families with an SS child. It wasn't easy for them and @ the end of the day, the child died. As SS lady got married and she died during pregnancy.
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 10:10am On Dec 28, 2013
Daa Slim:

*smile@ sampling.
I'm not that kind of man. I never criticizes on any guy who sample anyway.
But to answer and clarify you, i'm not in Nija and that is why it makes the searching a difficult one for me.
So, the few i have met are all my genotype (AS).
No sampling/convo smiley

Women are scarce in that part of the world?
*raises eyebrow*
Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 10:12am On Dec 28, 2013
Daa Slim: Thanks guyz , your candid advice goes a long way.
I recently met a Nurse lady and she was trying to convince me about the genotype issue.
She is also AS and she told me they now have a medical check up about the pregnancy before the baby form.
I don't want to risk the shit!

Hey brother
Don't go there
U wanna keep aborting the babies?
Can u stand the trauma, u got that heart to carry along?
Young man forget that thing and go for AA

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by Dyt(f): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2013
eluquenson:

What trauma?

And do u know what keeps love going?
What gives peace of mind?
Breeding kids that cld die anytime soon?

OP
Madaloun o

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Issue "AS" by sammycarz(m): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2013
I'm also havin the same issue...just trust in God

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"WIFEY" Wahala. / Oyibo Who Needs Advice / Is Love Blind? (the Most Debatable Love Question)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.