Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage (21631 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 31, 2013
Dantedasz:

Ileobatojo,
I thought you said I am the same person as the OP, a while ago? Suddenly I am one of his backers.LOL!

Please. Indulge me. Show me where I said so.

Dantedasz:
The gibberish you posted made no sense to me that is why I am requesting you put it in English.

Stop embarrassing yourself. It's really pathetic.

Suddenly you can't read English because your pointless argument has been blown out of the water?

Dantedasz:
Posters like sisi kill and bukatyne have even made an intellectual effort even if flawed to explain their points logically.

Quite notably, the same cannot be said for you.

Here, let me post this again for your reading pleasure.

ileobatojo:
This re*tarded question has been long asked and answered. Only someone who lacks common sense will believe that this daft question by the OP is a good one. Anyway, since you appear to have problems counting up to one, let's give it another shot. Perhaps practicing your counting has made you perfect. Meryl Streep. Married since 1978.
Now here's a list of prominent and divorced non feminists:
Katy Perry, Madonna, Demi Moore. Add to that list of divorced non feminists probably the majority of divorce in Nigeria both celebrity and non celebrity.
Which leads me back to my question to the OP (or any of you other clowns that wants to answer) that you swooped in to rescue him from answering.
Can you set off this "intellectual debate" by providing proof of your opening statement and the premise for your thread?
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 31, 2013
coogar:

Actually not at all!

I quite enjoy it when an utter halfwit questions the intelligence of his betters. It really gives me a good laugh.

Like I always say, it's like the morbidly obese half ton person calling a size 12 person fat.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by TheMadame(f): 11:00am On Dec 31, 2013
Ewuro707: And here another angle to these wannabe Nigerian feminists and the mixup : Contradicting Marital Duties with flexing as a Feminist cheesy which are two different things IMO.

1. When you marry a good man he will treat you well ( like a princess) and pitch in ( whatever that means) at home, it's a no brainer. Shine your eyes

2. As per bills, cut your coat your coat according to your size. You're not doing anybody a favor paying your bills. If you want good and quality education for your kids, e dey jaburata ( UI vs igbinedoen/ Corona vs Omolewa etc) the choice is yours. If you want Bugatti or Honda halloa , work for it. You wanna stay in VI/banana Iceland vs ketu/ ikorodu, work for it man and that includes you too( woman). And if you marry Adenuga well good for you and that's a bonus plus the shait that comes with alabodoism e.g Gov's wife. OYO oh

SMH. If you see real feminist you go run cheesy

Brilliant write up,I couldn't have put it better.
Are you by any chance my girl jidegirl?

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by SisiKill1: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2013
Dantedasz:
Why not open a thread about it instead of trying to derail this one.

Why am I not surprised you missed the point....which was every movement has its extremes. The guy who coined the word Masculism is a touted as a leading on fighting for men's rights yet as sure as I am that the sky is blue is how sure I am you and many others don't agree with all of his views. Even Christianity and islam have their extremists lead by notable people........does that mean the moderate should be ignored?

For every quotes supposedly uttered by "Feminist" that has been posted there are quotes from men who also don't think much about the institution of marriage too. Why do they get to express theirs and not get called out? Do their quotes carry less weight because they are men? As a feminist who believes equal rights and freedom for all, I find that extremely sexist.

I am all for every group looking out for their own best interests but not at the detriment of another. Can't a man be a man without the subjugation of women.

@ Topic
Letty Cottin Pogrebin - Co founder of Ms Magazine and one of the leading authority on Feminism.

Hilary Clinton

Michelle Obama

I would include Nigerian women....if I knew any. Unfortunately they don't get as much press as their foreign counterparts because they are from a place where many still believe a woman should be barely seen and never heard.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by SisiKill1: 11:09am On Dec 31, 2013
I'll post the quotes mentioned above when I get to a PC.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by sapiosexual(f): 11:12am On Dec 31, 2013
people have to understand that feminism is subjective not objective, and its is not synonymous to man-hating or misandry, rudeness, lack of respect or seeking of superiority over the male folks.Its not a war against men. its a fight against bad policies. So please don't confuse your bitterness, sexual orientation, rudeness, or bad attitude towards men or women with feminism. Stop making we the happy feminist look bad. And if you like don't take of your family in the name of feminism, I wonder under which feminist law it is written that you should be disrespectful or rude. Bitter pseudo feminists.

7 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by TheMadame(f): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2013
PureOhio:
Traditional benefits:
He pays the bride price.
He foots majority of the wedding bill
He pays majority of the bills (school fees, rent/mortgage, miscellaneous )
He gives his wife monthly allowance
When she gets violent, he can't do anything (she's only a woman, she's allowed to be emotional)
Etc

Most Nigerian feminists want these benefits (because it's cultural and it's biblical). Like Ewuro said, eating your cake and having it.

Btw, if these are the benefits and things expected from a married man, in what area is equality needed ?

Brilliant points .
I have always been in favour of equal rights for women but I would Not burn my bra because I want to appear as a feminist or challenge the authority of my husband just because I want to appear as a feminist.

5 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 31, 2013
sapiosexual: people have to understand that feminism is subjective not objective, and its is not synonymous to man-hating or misandry, rudeness, lack of respect or seeking of superiority over the male folks.Its not a war against men. its a fight against bad policies. So please don't confuse your bitterness, sexual orientation, rudeness, or bad attitude towards men or women with feminism. Stop making we the happy feminist look bad. And if you like don't take of your family in the name of feminism, I wonder under which feminist law it is written that you should be disrespectful or rude. Bitter pseudo feminists.

Another fake polymonikering regular poster.

This is getting boring. Why can't you people be bold enough to say what you want to say as your regular selves? This degree of cowardice is so alarming.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2013
Lmao@ ile
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:38am On Dec 31, 2013
ileobatojo:
This re*tarded question has been long asked and answered. Only someone who lacks common sense will believe that this daft question by the OP is a good one. Anyway, since you appear to have problems counting up to one, let's give it another shot. Perhaps practicing your counting has made you perfect. Meryl Streep. Married since 1978.
Now here's a list of prominent and divorced non feminists:
Katy Perry, Madonna, Demi Moore. Add to that list of divorced non feminists probably the majority of divorce in Nigeria both celebrity and non celebrity.
Which leads me back to my question to the OP (or any of you other clowns that wants to answer) that you swooped in to rescue him from answering.
Can you set off this "intellectual debate" by providing proof of your opening statement and the premise for your thread?

I deliberately waited for you to finish huffing and puffing before I will lower the ax.......here goes

Meryl Streep is no feminist....Meryl Streep (born Mary Louise Streep; June 22, 1949)[2] is an American actress of theater, television, and film. She is widely regarded as one of the greatest film actresses of all time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meryl_Streep Kindly show me where she was referred as a feminist in that biography or any other place......

Katy Perry ..... for your reading pleasure i will reproduce a quote from her why her husband divorced her.. In June 2013, she revealed in an interview with Vogue that Brand did not like the idea of her "being the boss" of things and never spoke to her again after texting her about his filing for divorce.
In other words, she wanted to be the 'boss' in her marriage! And that is very consistent with feminist ideology.

Demi Moore ....had a troubled childhood her step father and her mother were alcoholics and often fought each other. ...she and her mother were at a point alcoholics... she even posed nude while pregnant for a magazine once.... see her biography here http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/biographies/demi-moore.html. SHE IS AN UNSTABLE CHARACTER AND HAD MOTHER ISSUES.

Madonna...A new York Times article called Madonna the future of feminism...see here http://www.nytimes.com/1990/12/14/opinion/madonna-finally-a-real-feminist.html add to that the fact that she sells sex in her videos and you begin to understand the wreck she is and why holding down a marriage is difficult.

So my dear, as usual you failed again and there will be no promotion for you from kindergarten class!

4 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2013
dinachi:

I deliberately waited for you to finish huffing and puffing before I will lower the ax.......here goes

Meryl Streep is no feminist....Meryl Streep (born Mary Louise Streep; June 22, 1949)[2] is an American actress of theater, television, and film. She is widely regarded as one of the greatest film actresses of all time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meryl_Streep Kindly show me where she was referred as a feminist in that biography or any other place......

Katy Perry ..... for your reading pleasure i will reproduce a quote from her why her husband divorced her.. In June 2013, she revealed in an interview with Vogue that Brand did not like the idea of her "being the boss" of things and never spoke to her again after texting her about his filing for divorce.
In other words, she wanted to be the 'boss' in her marriage! And that is very consistent with feminist ideology.

Demi Moore ....had a troubled childhood her step father and her mother were alcoholics and often fought each other. ...she and her mother were at a point alcoholics... she even posed nude while pregnant for a magazine once.... see her biography here http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/biographies/demi-moore.html. SHE IS AN UNSTABLE CHARACTER AND HAD MOTHER ISSUES.

Madonna...A new York Times article called Madonna the future of feminism...see here http://www.nytimes.com/1990/12/14/opinion/madonna-finally-a-real-feminist.html add to that the fact that she sells sex in her videos and you begin to understand the wreck she is and why holding down a marriage is difficult.

So my dear, as usual you failed again and there will be no promotion for you from kindergarten class!

Meryl streep
http://www.styleite.com/media/meryl-streep-vogue-profile/#0
http://metro.co.uk/2009/01/19/meryl-streeps-feminist-touch-340683/

Quotes:
Katy Perry: “I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women.”
Demi Moore: “I am a great supporter of women, but I have never really thought of myself as a feminist, probably more of a humanist because I feel like that’s really where we need to be."
Madonna: “I’m not a feminist, I’m a humanist.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/04/celebrity-feminists_n_3867173.html

Now answer the question I asked you. Or do you also have selective English reading abilities like your bff now?

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2013
@sisi_kill,
Please do not misunderstand me.I did not mean disrespect, I just felt masculism as a topic needed a seperate thread.
You know that masculism as a movement was started as an answer to hard core feminism.
Masculism tries to provethat all men are NOT rapists or violent as negatively stereotyped by feminists. Masculism tries to prove that women are equally violent towards men in relationships but that when men complain such complaints are treated with levity.
Violence has no gender. We have violent women and violent men.
We are derailing, so masculism deserves a thread on its own.

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2013
TheMadame:
Brilliant points .
I have always been in favour of equal rights for women but I would Not burn my bra because I want to appear as a feminist or challenge the authority of my husband just because I want to appear as a feminist.

Thank you my dear for being truthful and doing right by yourself. You are an asset to your husband.

Don't mind the rude and uncouth troubled and bitter misandrists who come here to talk thrash about the sacred institution of marriage.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2013
jennykadry: Lmao@ ile

See me see something o JK. They open a thread to bash and insult people, their rudeness is repaid in kind and they are now trying to cry foul. What kind of babies are these for God's sake?

What do they do next? They start creating fake monikers to come and support themselves when they know they have no substance to stand on on their own. It's a total shame I tell you.

Throwing out terms like man hating, lesbian, sexual orientation blah blah blah does not make your nonsense any more impressive. You need to show evidence. That's the only way we will know you have sense and are not just a spambot empty barrel.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by sapiosexual(f): 11:53am On Dec 31, 2013
ileobatojo:

This is getting boring. Why can't you people be bold enough to say what you want to say as your regular selves? This degree of cowardice is so alarming.

where did this one come from now? huh? lipsrsealed. And I was actually in support of some of ur write up o. still support them tho even tho u called me a coward. Just calm down.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 31, 2013
sapiosexual:
where did this one come from now? huh? lipsrsealed. And I was actually in support of some of ur write up o. still support them tho even tho u called me a coward. Just calm down.

I see. With supporters like you, who needs haters?

sapiosexual: people have to understand that feminism is subjective not objective, and its is not synonymous to man-hating or misandry, rudeness, lack of respect or seeking of superiority over the male folks.Its not a war against men. its a fight against bad policies. So please don't confuse your bitterness, sexual orientation, rudeness, or bad attitude towards men or women with feminism. Stop making we the happy feminist look bad. And if you like don't take of your family in the name of feminism, I wonder under which feminist law it is written that you should be disrespectful or rude. Bitter pseudo feminists.

Who were you referring to with all these o jare?
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by EfemenaXY: 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
ileobatojo:

ileobatojo:
See me see something o JK. They open a thread to bash and insult people, their rudeness is repaid in kind and they are now trying to cry foul. What kind of babies are these for God's sake?
What do they do next? They start creating fake monikers to come and support themselves when they know they have no substance to stand on on their own. It's a total shame I tell you.
Throwing out terms like man hating, lesbian, sexual orientation blah blah blah does not make your nonsense any more impressive. You need to show evidence. That's the only way we will know you have sense and are not just a spambot empty barrel.

Haha!

Ile don get more 'victims'. This time, na serious crusade against fake monikers! grin grin

You go girl...'kill' 'em all cheesy cheesy
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by sapiosexual(f): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
ileobatojo:

you need to take a chill pill.

4 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
Efemena_xy:
Haha!

Ile don get more 'victims'. This time, na serious crusade against fake monikers! grin grin

My dear! If they keep their crap away from me, I have no problem with them. But once they approach me with their shyte, then I will call them out for being spambots.

Is YPP not a better person? Chillisauce's time as Chillis nko? That's the way to have a new moniker. Come back recognizable or at least reveal who you are. Not pretending to be someone else so that you can post shyte.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
Efemena_xy:
Haha!

Ileobatojo herself has about 5 different monikers chillis, chillisauce, soul-glo. These are all her monikers! She thinks everybody is like her. That is why she accuses people.

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by sapiosexual(f): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
ileobatojo:

I see. With supporters like you, who needs haters?

Who were you referring to with all these o jare?

lol. based on the op's write up and most comments here they have attributed those qualities to feminists and I'm saying its not true. a woman can be bitter, man hating or homosexual and still not be a feminist. calm down I'm on ur side.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
dinachi:

Thank you for exposing her lies from the pit of hell.
As usual she has moved on to her next hobby after lies. Accusing others of polymonikers when she is actually the master of the game.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
sapiosexual:
you need to take a chill pill.

Take your own advice sir.

I did not address you at all before you decided to come in here with insults yet having no words for the people that started insulting others first. The people I'm responding to are those that deliberately set out to bash me and others. If you include yourself in that list, then it's fair game.

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
sapiosexual:

lol. based on the op's write up and most comments here they have attributed those qualities to feminists and I'm saying its not true. a woman can be bitter, man hating or homosexual and still not be a feminist.

True. And the reverse is also true.

But who are the bitter pseudo feminists that are making happy feminists look bad you were referring to? Come out straight please and stop dancing around the question.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by sapiosexual(f): 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
its Ma not sir. you were the first to accuse me of "poly monikering" and insulting you. Don't worry if i ever feel the need to insult you I will do so directly. its the internet. the worst that can happen is that you ll insult me and type them in caps lock. Today is not the day.

Live long and prosper.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by sapiosexual(f): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
ileobatojo:

True. And the reverse is also true.

But who are the bitter pseudo feminists that are making happy feminists look bad you were referring to? Come out straight please and stop dancing around the question.

its a general thing not a Nairaland thing. pseudo feminist in general. I'm not out to insult you or anything. Jesus! That post has noting to do with you. just let it be.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
Dantedasz:

Thank you for exposing her lies from the pit of hell.
As usual she has moved on to her next hobby after lies. Accusing others of polymonikers when she is actually the master of the game.

Wait o! I thought you weren't able to read my post? How else did you know they were lies? So let me get it straight, your ability to read disappears when you have been thoroughly smacked down and reappears when you see someone else shows up to support you?

And here I was praising you earlier for trying to grow a pair.

Can Dinachi not find better people to support him? In all of NL? This is it?

Lmao! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
Demi more is an unstable character....see the links i posted ealier

Katy Perry wanted to dominate in her marriage...

Madonna is neither here nor there..

Beyonce herself according to the links you posted said that the word feminist can be extreme....and prefers to call herself a modern day feminist which is neither here no there.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
sapiosexual: its Ma not sir. you were the first to accuse me of "poly monikering" and insulting you. Don't worry if i ever feel the need to insult you I will do so directly. its the internet. the worst that can happen is that you ll insult me and type them in caps lock. Today is not the day.

Live long and prosper.

Glad to hear it!

sapiosexual:
its a general thing not a Nairaland thing. pseudo feminist in general. I'm not out to insult you or anything. Jesus! That post has noting to do with you. just let it be.

If you insist.

Long life and prosperity to you too.

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
dinachi: Demi more is an unstable character....see the links i posted ealier

Beyonce herself according to the links you posted said that the word feminist can be extreme....and prefers to call herself a modern day feminist which is neither here no there.

What has all this got to do with the fact that they have publicly said they are not feminists?

And the fact that Meryl streep is a feminist with a long lasting successful marriage?

Do you understand the basic difference between people's character traits and feminism?

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by sapiosexual(f): 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
dinachi: Demi more is an unstable character....see the links i posted ealier

your only focus is on extreme feminism. that's the only type of feminism you acknowledge, so no matter what anyone says you ll only agree with your self. this is not different from saying Muslims are bad people because some of them like like to blow up things. Feminism is a subjective topic. everything writing here is in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Dantedasz:

Ileobatojo,
I thought you said I am the same person as the OP, a while ago? Suddenly I am one of his backers.LOL!
The gibberish you posted made no sense to me that is why I am requesting you put it in English.
The OPs request is simple enough but alas eight pages of cyberspace latter non of you paper weight fake feminists have been able to answer him properly.
Posters like sisi kill and bukatyne have even made an intellectual effort even if flawed to explain their points logically.
On the other hand you Ileobatojo have spent this thread as usual throwing insults like a coward and showing how much an intellectual Lilliputian you are.
I suggest you read up on the subject of feminism properly and stop misrepresenting the movement.

@Ileobatojo,
Now this is called a SMACKDOWN! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Illness Causes 20-year-old To Look-like A Toddler / Slut Walk For Women's Right / Golden Eagle Snatches Kid (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.