Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 (4800 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / Clark Challenges IBB To Public Senility Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by T9ksy(m): 12:09am On Dec 29, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

That igbos (the majority) are averse to Yoruba people has never been a secret, we've always been honest and upfront about it so learning that the igbos were opposed to an Abiola presidency can't be all that surprising. And we know that it's not an unrequited sentIment. We know our interests would be better protected under the leadership of a Northern extremist (bad as e bad) than a Yoruba man. Anyone who cared to think about it could have guessed how the Igbos would feel about that annulment, no soothsayer needed.

The point here is: did IBB annul the election for us? It was his executive decision after all and I doubt he would have based it on the sentiments of the Igbos (even if we had groveled on our knees all the way to Aso Rock). We were never cool like that.

So wtf are you Igbos always whining that the yorubas would not allow you to become premier of western region in

1951? And i hope we never have to listen to any one of you agitating to be governor of Lagos state- a yoruba city ever again or expect us to

vote an ibo man into aso rock. Thanks for finally admitting what we have always known- ibos are not our friends rather they are our

enemies

5 Likes

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by biafranqueen: 5:52am On Dec 29, 2013
T9ksy:

So wtf are you Igbos always whining that the yorubas would not allow you to become premier of western region in

1951? And i hope we never have to listen to any one of you agitating to be governor of Lagos state- a yoruba city ever again or expect us to

vote an ibo man into aso rock. Thanks for finally admitting what we have always known- ibos are not our friends rather they are our

enemies
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by eggheaders(m): 6:05am On Dec 29, 2013
My two cents to any Igbo still in the south west post 2015, is to get ready because it's definitely about to get ugly. I don't know how this set of Igbos we open our doors to, with love to live peacefully in our land. will have the audacity to yank insult at us at any given opportunity. I know more than 4 igbos in Lagos and Ibadan that their businesses and properties was destroyed in the north and are now living and doing business in the southwest. What did we get for all this kindness except hate from all this never do well sons of nematodes. Definitely the rain of shame is about to fall on all this android from the erosion ridden hellhole.

4 Likes

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2013
Emperor_007: @ OP,
Where did you see the word " beg" or " begged "?

It's either you're English Comprehension is poor, or you're trying to promote falsehood.

Please kindly edit your topic or delete it.

What summarized the write- up is that IBB took "decision", as he clearly stated.

Did you pass through the four walls of an institution? If you did, you would know that it's a crime to edit an intellectual property. Perhaps, you need to go back to elementary school, if the use of English is problem for you.

Again, check the url link. I didn't write the article - I only copied and pasted it. undecided
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 29, 2013
nku5: @OP- I'm very sorry for you that NL had to be the forum you chose to learn about your fatherland.

Your topic is the most hollow, intellectually desolate thing I have ever seen and that people (even the ones who live in nigeria) are shallow enough to jump on your bandwagon shows that nigerians are getting more and more daft. I cry for the future of this country

If a group of igbo hungry politicians in addition to the ones from other parts of the country (yorubaland inclusive) got into bed with IBB and showed "support" for the annulment of June 12, then what about the egba man ernest shonekan, a close kinsman of mko abiola who accepted the interim president joke of an office. What about the nadeco men who conceded to the interim govt joke in the first place.

I almost laughed my arse off when I read that this your topic is supposed to be some kind of response to my description of the contribution of some igbos to the June 12 struggle in another thread. Pathetic camel dung at best

Shymmexx once again accept my sincere condolences for your miseducation. cry

That isn't the point. I believe you need to do away with sentiments and living in denial, and start being objective, like Raggedy_Ann. At the end of the day, the Igbo's don't owe Yoruba's anything and vice versa. Both groups have separate interests - and they would do anything to undermine each other. Once you start painting a perfect picture like that, I believe that would educate the naive and shallow youths in Nigeria about why the country would never work the way it's structured - due to conflicting interests.

Let's agree this man is hungry and he's playing to the gallery. However, you can't deny the fact that an overwhelming majority of Igbo's also shared/share his views. Yes, a few Igbo's might have marched with the Yoruba's - just as some Yoruba's also fought for Biafra - and some were against the war (majority were against the war before the Ore invasion). However, that hasn't stopped Igbo's from blaming all Yoruba's for their woes. I can also cite a few examples for comparative analysis, to buttress my point: some of the slavery abolitionists were white folks - but has that stopped trans-atlantic slavery from being a white crime against black folks? Some of the people who marched with the civil right movements were white folks - but did that stop it from being a march against white oppression, segregation and racism? Also, some of the anti-apartheid crusaders were white folks, how did that change anything? When dealing with issues like this - we need to go with opinions of the majority.

Again, this is the timeline of the events that happened post June 12:

Jul 27, 1993
- Hundreds of northern and eastern Nigerians began to flee their villages after rumors of war began to circulate. The Hausa, Kanuri and Ibos feared that despite Lagos' calm, a new wave of unrest could explode if Babangida reneged on his promise to relinquish power. Within the next few weeks, 10,000 will have fled Lagos.

Feb 1, 1994
- Traditional rulers from the five Yoruba states of the 30-state confederation announced that any future election would fail if the "injustice done to Yoruba through the annulment of the June 12 election" was not corrected.

May 23, 1994
- Nigerians were given the day off to vote on a new Constitutional Conference to sit from June to October to debate how to convert the state to civilian rule. There were neither parties nor issues. Only 10% of the voters turned out. The 273 delegates elected to the constitutional conference were mainly Hausa-Fulani from the north and some Ibo from the southeast. Yoruba politicians did not take part in the conference. In addition to the elected delegates, the military reserved the right to name 96 delegates to the conference.

Aug 1994
- The crisis facing Nigeria after the failed elections was the worst since the Ibo attempted to secede in the Biafra war. Over 100 have been killed in pro-democracy protests. There were some reports of clashes between Yoruba youth and Ibo shopkeepers as the Yoruba attempted to force the Ibo to comply with anti-government strikes. Abiola's trial was put on hold, and he was reportedly suffering from ill-health.

Nov 11, 1995
- Since coming to power in November 1993, Sani Abacha has jailed Moshood Abiola, winner of the 1995 multiparty elections, Beko Ransome-Kuti, leader of the pro-democracy movement, General Olusengun Obasanjo, the only military leader in Nigeria's history to freely give up power to a civilian government. The three are from the Yoruba ethnic group. He has also jailed a powerful northern politician General Sehu Musa Yar'Adva and senior members of the military. After 25 years of extracting oil worth over $200 billion, Nigerians enjoy the same per capita income of $300 that they earned in pre-oil days. During the regime of Ibrahim Babangida, 1985-1993, $12 billion in oil revenues could not be accounted for.

May, 1996
- Former Biafra leader Emeka Ojukwu has declared himself king of the Igbo (Ibo) people after a Nri red cap chief Ahedrack Mbanefo conferred the title upon him. On 19 May, the Oha-na-Eze, the highest power wielding body in Igboland denounced his adoption of the title, claiming there is no king of the Igbo. Critics of Ojukwu contend that no traditional ruler of any of the autonomous communities has the right to confer an all-encompassing chieftancy title on anyone. Ojukwu has presidential ambitions and may use his new title for political gains.

Jun 7, 1997
- Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu who led the Biafra secessionist movement in the 1960s criticized those campaigning for Sani Abacha and said it is the turn of the Igbos to present the next civilian president. His political leadership of the Igbos has come under strong challenge recently.

http://www.refworld.org/docid/469f38c3467.html

^^^^Look at the text in bold and explain why Igbo's didn't show solidarity to the cause, since you alluded to Igbo's supporting Yoruba's? From Ojukwu asking for an Igbo president when an elected Yoruba president is yet to assume office; to Igbo shopkeepers not showing solidarity in Lagos; to Igbo leaders attending the new Constitutional Conference with only the Hausa/Fulani when the other ethnic groups boycotted it; to Igbo's fleeing Lagos.

Anyway, like I asserted earlier on this thread - no hard feelings. However, it's better to tell it as it's than to live in denial. The rift between the two groups has always been. I believe it started with Zik in Lagos and the subsequent creation of the "Egbe Omo Oduduwa" by Awolowo. I believe Zik asked the British governor general back then to cut Lagos away from the western region - and the Egbe Omo Oduduwa objected to that, since Lagos is part of Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by eggheaders(m): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2013
shymexx:

Did you pass through the four walls of an institution? If you did, you would know that it's a crime to edit an intellectual property. Perhaps, you need to go back to elementary school, if the use of English is problem for you.

Again, check the url link. I didn't write the article - I only copied and pasted it. undecided

Bruv, just saw your dairy. Read everything and can't wait for more big ups man.

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2013
eggheaders:

Bruv, just saw your dairy. Read everything and can't wait for more big ups man.

Lmao...thanks for that, bruv.

Keep tearing dem belligerent goons' ar.ses up!! grin cool

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by eggheaders(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao...thanks for that, bruv.

Keep tearing dem belligerent goons' ar.ses up!! grin cool

No time to look em face now. And hope you enjoying your home coming can't wait for you to share the experience with us the religious readers of the shymexx bible.

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2013
eggheaders:

No time to look em face now. And hope you enjoying your home coming can't wait for you to share the experience with us the religious readers of the shymexx bible.

Defo, bruddah. Been to a few clubs - Likwid on the Island is crazy. All kinds of chics and whores everywhere. Still wildin' out.

Got a story to tell.

Inhaled and exhaled some of that naija kush and that made me wanna eat all the world!! grin
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 9:18am On Dec 29, 2013
shymexx:

Let's agree this man is hungry and he's playing to the gallery. However, you can't deny the fact that an overwhelming majority of Igbo's also shared/share his views. Yes, a few Igbo's might have marched with the Yoruba's - just as some Yoruba's also fought for Biafra - and some were against the war (majority were against the war before the Ore invasion). However, that hasn't stopped Igbo's from blaming all Yoruba's for their woes.

^^^^Look at the text in bold and explain why Igbo's didn't show solidarity to the cause, since you alluded to Igbo's supporting Yoruba's? From Ojukwu asking for an Igbo president when an elected Yoruba president is yet to assume office; to Igbo shopkeepers not showing solidarity in Lagos; to Igbo leaders attending the new Constitutional Conference with only the Hausa/Fulani when the other ethnic groups boycotted it; to Igbo's fleeing Lagos.

@ the first paragraph - I can estimate you are in your late twenties and probably got to know about naija via internet sources that are probably the ejaculations of bitter lost folk who use the web for tribalism and seek to entrap young cats who might not suspect.

Let me clear the air on something. Some igbos with hangups over the war like the scarecrow who's interview you posted would have been exploited by the northern military regime that doesn't give you the right to say that "most igbos" saw the June 12 fight as a chance to get one over the yorubas. I know you are ignorant of the fact and I tell u it will not be well with the people that sow such thoughts in the mind of the youth. Until the last few years nobody saw it as a yoruba fight but its unfortunate how its being spun today. Abiola won ALL OVER NIGERIA my guy. In the east his philantropic monuments stand until today as well.

Is it logical that he would win a free and fair election by a landslide in the east if igbos didn't like him??

@ the second paragraph -

Its funny you would dumb down such an extensive item of history like june 12 by tagging sections of the country based on a couple of disjointed news articles without tegard for the bigger picture.

I also noticed that you didn't bolden the paragraph about the yoruba head of interim govt ernest shonekan which buried the struggle finally. You didn't even post the story of the meeting between some yoruba nadeco leaders and the northern military junta who agreed to the lameduck interim govt in the first place.

So what if a couple of igbo traders were trying to be smart by opening their shops? Do you think traders give a fvck about politics and are part of ANYBODY'S political plans? Don't make laugh. , So what if igbos who were barely twenty years out of a civil war sent their wives and kids home? Then I was a teenager and I lived in Palmgrove area of Lagos Mainland. I have a nasty scar on my shin from falling into a gutter after running from anti-riot poice for burning tyres on ikorodu road so don't give me that weak e-warrior gist about igbos and june 12.

You are lucky I'm not in lagos I would have tracked u down with a pound of kush and bottle of alomo bitters and talked some serious sense into you.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2013
nku5:

@ the first paragraph - I can estimate you are in your late twenties and probably got to know about naija via internet sources that are probably the ejaculations of bitter lost folk who use the web for tribalism and seek to entrap young cats who might not suspect.

Let me clear the air on something. Some igbos with hangups over the war like the scarecrow who's interview you posted would have been exploited by the northern military regime that doesn't give you the right to say that "most igbos" saw the June 12 fight as a chance to get one over the yorubas. I know you are ignorant of the fact and I tell u it will not be well with the people that sow such thoughts in the mind of the youth. Until the last few years nobody saw it as a yoruba fight but its unfortunate how its being spun today. Abiola won ALL OVER NIGERIA my guy. In the east his philantropic monuments stand until today as well.

Is it logical that he would win a free and fair election by a landslide in the east if igbos didn't like him??

@ the second paragraph -

Its funny you would dumb down such an extensive item of history like june 12 by tagging sections of the country based on a couple of disjointed news articles without tegard for the bigger picture.

I also noticed that you didn't bolden the paragraph about the yoruba head of interim govt ernest shonekan which buried the struggle finally. You didn't even post the story of the meeting between some yoruba nadeco leaders and the northern military junta who agreed to the lameduck interim govt in the first place.

So what if a couple of igbo traders were trying to be smart by opening their shops? Do you think traders give a fvck about politics and are part of ANYBODY'S political plans? Don't make laugh. , So what if igbos who were barely twenty years out of a civil war sent their wives and kids home? Then I was a teenager and I lived in Palmgrove area of Lagos Mainland. I have a nasty scar on my shin from falling into a gutter after running from anti-riot poice for burning tyres on ikorodu road so don't give me that weak e-warrior gist about igbos and june 12.

You are lucky I'm not in lagos I would have tracked u down with a pound of kush and bottle of alomo bitters and talked some serious sense into you.

You could make your point without insulting a war hero and a titled chief.

It seems like you have eaten too much amala and oily soup and it's affecting your brain. Time to come home for some cleansing.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 29, 2013
nku5:

@ the second paragraph -

I definitely didn't get to know about naija politics solely from the internet. I don't really want to go too deep into my family tree/background. However, my grandpops was deep in Lagos politics in the 60s, 70s and 80s. I've got a father who isn't into politics (physically), but all he ever talks about is politics. And I was raised from a young age to watch the news. That was like a ritual in my house, growing. So best believe I understand politics. Maybe, I'm late-comer in Nigerian politics (or probably African politics) - but I've always known bits and pieces of it, via my pops. I just never really paid much attention to it. However, this has nothing whatsoever to do with tribalism. I try my best possible all time, to apply my understanding of international politics (something I've always discussed everywhere from when I was a teen) - especially UK, American, European etc. to the Nigerian scenario - for a more balanced view.

That said, I don't think Yoruba's are the ones sowing any thoughts into the minds of people. I believe the Igbo's are the architect of their own misfortunes. The ludicrous statement this guy made in the article also adds credence to that. Also, most of the most vocal Igbo leaders are anti-Yoruba. We can start from Zik (btw, my pops adores Zik but personally I think he was overrated after reading some of the declassified MI6 documents) and his west African Pilot, to Chinua Achebe, to some of the current crop of Igbo leaders and governors. You can't keep maligning people for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and expect them not to react, despite their alleged "sophistication." At the end of the day, Igbo's sowed the seed and they're the ones watering it and giving it the energy to grow, with their utterances. Also, if you look at it critically - apart from the civil war, which was a war of necessity (for both sides; Igbo's were fighting for their survival and the Yoruba's subsequently joined the fray to protect their homeland from invasion) - I honestly don't think the Yoruba's have wronged the Igbo's to deserve so much bile and hatred from the group. You would agree with me that the only time Igbo leaders get the support of most Igbo's, is when they make anti-Yoruba statements. From Zik and his cross-carpetting nonsense; to the late Achebe and his book; and recently the statement credited to an Igbo leader about APC being a Yoruba party, and Awolowo and his people who killed 3 million Igbo's. Moreover, in the scheme of things, the real rivalry is between the Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani. That has been there since the early part of the 19th century before the amalgamation. Igbo's just jumped into the fray for absolutely no reason whatsoever and the backlash is what's happening now.

Yes, I understand a lot of Igbo's voted for him. However, the point of contention is the aftermath. Igbo's protected their own interest(s). The same way Awolowo and Yoruba's protected Yorubaland during the civil war, despite visiting the East before the civil war. No hard feelings there. But why should Igbo's be the only ones with the privilege to talk about whatever Awolowo did during the civil war, yet Yoruba's shouldn't talk about the aftermath of June 12 and lack of solidarity from the wider Igbo group? I understand some Igbo's supported the struggle - just the same way people like Wole Soyinka was jailed for Biafra and a few Yoruba's fought side-by-side with Biafrans.

Anyway, I don't hate Igbo people but I don't like Igbo politics and the anti-Yoruba sentiments. And as for whatever I do on nairaland - it's give and take. However, I'll always be loyal to my identity. All in all, it's just a case of being wary and understanding the mindset of other side about you, so as to prepare for all eventualities. The world is about survival of the fittest and sleeping is like the cousin of death, in the scheme of things. If Igbo's can stop their anti-Yoruba sentiments, I'm sure most Yoruba's would prefer to align with Igbo's than any other group(s) in Nigeria. Personally, I fvcks with a lot of Igbo and I definitely won't let what innate anti-Yoruba sentiments mess with relationships I've built with individuals over the years - and some since I was a kid. However, I'll always acknowledge the wider anti-Yoruba sentiments among the wider Igbo group.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 10:55am On Dec 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You could make your point without insulting a war hero and a titled chief.

It seems like you have eaten too much amala and oily soup and it's affecting your brain. Time to come home for some cleansing.

I we n'iwe nwanna. Sorry for my choice of words. I disagree with Chief Osuigwe's representation of Igbos hence my irritation.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2013
ThankGod it was annulled, the death of abiola really struck my yoruba brothers. grin grin grin grin
ThankGod igbos were behind it
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 29, 2013
ThankGod it was annulled, the death of abiola really struck my yoruba brothers. grin grin grin grin
ThankGod igbos were behind it. I know it was nt BEGGING, they TOLD ibb to cancel it. Igbos don't beg, thats wot u know, we have self-esteem which u call pride.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by superstar1(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2013
God bless you Shymexx.

Let Nku_chuks keeps living in delusion of how handful y1bos fought for June 12.

Mark my word, it is easier for an Haitian to become the president of Nigeria, than for the most qualified y1boman on planet earth to rule us.

It has never and it will never happen.

They are dustbins of this country and it will forever be. They are greedy ingrates, with covetous eyes.

They hate us and we will forever hate them.

We will forever rule and lord it over them. Simple.

They should just only pray hard that 2015 does not degenerate into something else. They had better be prepared for the worst.

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2013
shymexx:

I definitely didn't get to know about naija politics solely from the internet. I don't really want to go too deep into my family tree/background. However, my grandpops was deep in Lagos politics in the 60s, 70s and 80s. I've got a father who isn't into politics (physically), but all he ever talks about is politics. And I was raised from a young age to watch the news. That was like a ritual in my house, growing. So best believe I understand politics. Maybe, I'm late-comer in Nigerian politics (or probably African politics) - but I've always known bits and pieces of it, via my pops. I just never really paid much attention to it. However, this has nothing whatsoever to do with tribalism. I try my best possible all time, to apply my understanding of international politics (something I've always discussed everywhere from when I was a teen) - especially UK, American, European etc. to the Nigerian scenario - for a more balanced view.

That said, I don't think Yoruba's are the ones sowing any thoughts into the minds of people. I believe the Igbo's are the architect of their own misfortunes. The ludicrous statement this guy made in the article also adds credence to that. Also, most of the most vocal Igbo leaders are anti-Yoruba. We can start from Zik (btw, my pops adores Zik but personally I think he was overrated after reading some of the declassified MI6 documents) and his west African Pilot, to Chinua Achebe, to some of the current crop of Igbo leaders and governors. You can't keep maligning people for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and expect them not to react, despite their alleged "sophistication." At the end of the day, Igbo's sowed the seed and they're the ones watering it and giving it the energy to grow, with their utterances. Also, if you look at it critically - apart from the civil war, which was a war of necessity (for both sides; Igbo's were fighting for their survival and the Yoruba's subsequently joined the fray to protect their homeland from invasion) - I honestly don't think the Yoruba's have wronged the Igbo's to deserve so much bile and hatred from the group. You would agree with me that the only time Igbo leaders get the support of most Igbo's, is when they make anti-Yoruba statements. From Zik and his cross-carpetting nonsense; to the late Achebe and his book; and recently the statement credited to an Igbo leader about APC being a Yoruba party, and Awolowo and his people who killed 3 million Igbo's. Moreover, in the scheme of things, the real rivalry is between the Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani. That has been there since the early part of the 19th century before the amalgamation. Igbo's just jumped into the fray for absolutely no reason whatsoever and the backlash is what's happening now.

Yes, I understand a lot of Igbo's voted for him. However, the point of contention is the aftermath. Igbo's protected their own interest(s). The same way Awolowo and Yoruba's protected Yorubaland during the civil war, despite visiting the East before the civil war. No hard feelings there. But why should Igbo's be the only ones with the privilege to talk about whatever Awolowo did during the civil war, yet Yoruba's shouldn't talk about the aftermath of June 12 and lack of solidarity from the wider Igbo group? I understand some Igbo's supported the struggle - just the same way people like Wole Soyinka was jailed for Biafra and a few Yoruba's fought side-by-side with Biafrans.

Anyway, I don't hate Igbo people but I don't like Igbo politics and the anti-Yoruba sentiments. And as for whatever I do on nairaland - it's give and take. However, I'll always be loyal to my identity. All in all, it's just a case of being wary and understanding the mindset of other side about you, so as to prepare for all eventualities. The world is about survival of the fittest and sleeping is like the cousin of death, in the scheme of things. If Igbo's can stop their anti-Yoruba sentiments, I'm sure most Yoruba's would prefer to align with Igbo's than any other group(s) in Nigeria. Personally, I fvcks with a lot of Igbo and I definitely won't let what innate anti-Yoruba sentiments mess with relationships I've built with individuals over the years - and some since I was a kid. However, I'll always acknowledge the wider anti-Yoruba sentiments among the wider Igbo group.

You might say you haven't been shaped by the internet but its obvious you have been, especially by NL. For example your pops who is in a better position to have observed the 1st republic loves Zik but you because of the filth u have ingested via the internet is spouting the ludicrous idea that Zik was a yoruba hater. Can you honestly show me any proof that Chinua Achebe (who's son-in-law is yoruba) hated yorubas? When did either of them malign yorubas?

As for the MI6 documents on Zik do you know whose idea the egbe omo oduduwa was in the first place. You would be surprised how much influence the british have over us until today. Go do your homework, you don't have to tell me your findings because you may be too shocked.

Nobody is saying yorubas shouldn't talk about June 12 but yorubas should not lie about June 12. It was NOT a yoruba campaign I must enlighten you again on that. There was no question of any tribe showing solidarity except maybe the north.

I am really sad that now you are old enough to glean through recent history, most of the great yoruba custodians of truth like Gani Fawehinmi are gone.

But seriously why would yorubas be upset that some igbo politicians call APC a yoruba party. After all the likes of ffk have been running his lip over igbos rejecting "yoruba party in the anambra elections and wanting to live in yorubaland". Nobody gets to eat his cake and have it ny brother. Even on NL don't we hear similar things
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 11:53am On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1: God bless you Shymexx.

Mark my word, it is easier for an Haitian to become the president of Nigeria, than for the most qualified y1boman on planet earth to rule us.

They are dustbins of this country and it will forever be. They are greedy ingrates, with covetous eyes.

They should just only pray hard that 2015 does not degenerate into something else. They had better be prepared for the worst.

Abeg I am trying to have a cerebral discussion, keep your baboon thought patter to yourself. You have no facts to even try and mix with your motorpark opus.

Without the input of the likes of Chima Ubani would the June 12 struggle have even taken off at all? Where was your coke addict yoruba hero ffk during the struggle? Though with the animal songs some of u are singing these days I am beginning to believe that non-yorubas were naïve to have carried the struggle on their heads. Chris Anyanwu, a beautiful journalist and magazine publisher almost lost her sight in abacha's detention cells for writing against the despot. She spent 3 years in detention and now aimless and totally useless entities can talk rubbish about igbos not standing up to be counted. You remind me of those touts in lagos who run after danfo buses with igbo in their mouth and cane in the other while their mates are at work

What was the contribution of you or anybody in your village to june 12. Cheap comedian grin

2 Likes

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by superstar1(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
nku5:

You are joker and an ignorant one at that. You have no facts to even try and mix with your motorpark opus.

Without the input of the likes of Chima Ubani would the June 12 struggle have even taken off at all? Where was your coke addict yoruba hero ffk during the struggle? Though with the animal songs some of u are singing these days I am beginning to believe that non-yorubas were naïve to have carried the struggle on their heads. Chris Anyanwu, a beautiful journalist and magazine publisher almost lost her sight in abacha's detention cells for writing against the despot. She spent 3 years in detention and now rudderless and totally useless entities can talk rubbish about igbos not standing up to be counted. You remind me of those touts in lagos who run after danfo buses with igbo in their mouth and cane in the other while their mates are at work

What was the contribution of you or anybody in your village to june 12. Cheap comedian grin

Hahahhahhahah.

You are ranting again. The OP first post says it all.

Yorubas will always be your albatross.

We are your Sword of Damocles.

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Emperor007: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
[s]
shymexx:

[/s]

^^^

Please stop deceiving yourself or playing dull.

Firstly, you've agreed that the caption is not correct ( didn't best represent its topic or should not have been used for the content referenced ).

Secondly, if you're not in support of it, you should have made a statement directly below for people to know your perspective on it.

Your sole aim of posting it was to give people the impression that Igbos annulled June 12, not IBB, huh? Which is part of the issue ( reason ) why people like me come online, to correct the falsehood and propaganda being perpetuated by some media / people to rubbish others.

2 Likes

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

Hahahhahhahah.

You are ranting again. The OP first post says it all.

Yorubas will always be your albatross.

We are your Sword of Damocles.

grin cheesy grin grin

What a brainless self-servicer. Igbos fought more for June 12 than you and your entire village. If e pain you too much go and ... (Fill in the blank space)

grin
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by superstar1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
nku5:

What a brainless self-servicer. Igbos fought more for June 12 than you and your entire village. If e pain you too much go and ... (Fill in the blank space)

grin

Hahahhaha. grin cheesy grin cheesy

Another whining, stepped up to the next level. We are used to it.

Glory seekers.

Born losers.

Y1bos that could not even fight for themselves without their tails in between their legs, will now fight for someone.

Again,I refer you to first post.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by chino11(m): 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Whether it was Igbo or IBB that annulled it, its still a good omen for the country..

These bloody yorobass need to understand that we are their masters..

Emperor_007: [s][/s]

^^^

Firstly, you've agreed that the caption is not correct ( didn't best represent its topic or should not have been used for the content referenced ).

Secondly, if you're not in support of it, you should have made a statement directly below for people to know your perspective on it.

Your sole aim of posting it was to give people the impression that Igbos annulled June 12, not IBB, huh? Which is part of the issue ( reason ) why people like me come online, to correct the falsehood and propaganda being perpetuated by some media / people to rubbish others.

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

Hahahhaha. grin cheesy grin cheesy

Another whining, stepped up to the next level. We are used to it.

Glory seekers.

Born losers.

Y1bos that could not even fight for themselves without their tails in between their legs, will now fight for someone.

Again,I refer you to first post.

Chai riff-raff alert !

I overestimated your intelligence o.
Oya educate yourself. Free education is available for you today

"Abubakar freed many of our leaders and colleagues who were in the gulag including the likes of Chief Bola Ige, first elected governor of old Oyo State, Alhaji Lam Adesina, who was destined to become the next elected governor of Oyo State, Dr Ransome-Kuti, Mrs Chris Anyanwu, the publisher of TSM magazine, George Mba of TELL, Ben Charles-Obi, Kunle Ajibade of the TheNews and many others, but not the great man, Moshood Abiola"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/abiola-june12-and-the-paschal-question/

Just a handful from one article o.

Where were u and your village during june 12?

cheesy
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by superstar1(m): 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
nku5:

Chai riff-raff alert !

I overestimated your intelligence o.
Oya educate yourself. Free education is available for you today

"Abubakar freed many of our leaders and colleagues who were in the gulag including the likes of Chief Bola Ige, first elected governor of old Oyo State, Alhaji Lam Adesina, who was destined to become the next elected governor of Oyo State, Dr Ransome-Kuti, Mrs Chris Anyanwu, the publisher of TSM magazine, George Mba of TELL, Ben Charles-Obi, Kunle Ajibade of the TheNews and many others, but not the great man, Moshood Abiola"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/abiola-june12-and-the-paschal-question/

Just a handful from one article o.

Where were u and your village during june 12?

cheesy

I repeat glory hunter, 5 y1bos fought for June 12 has turned to y1bos fought for June 12.

In y1boland, 5 is greater than 40+mm .

I refer you to the first post again. Those are the kind of worthless elders that abound in alaigbo. Instead of them to look for the unity of the country, he is busy spewing rubbish at his near-grave age.

He should be an embarrassment to you all.

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Emperor_007: [s][/s]

^^^

To be honest, engaging you is a waste of time, you peon.

If you've got a problem with the header, take your tears to whoever wrote the article.

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1: God bless you Shymexx.

Superstar, no Fiasco...but you've got the Lupe flow. grin
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

I repeat glory hunter, 5 y1bos fought for June 12 has turned to y1bos fought for June 12.

In y1boland, 5 is greater than 40+mm .

I refer you to the first post again. Those are the kind of worthless elders that abound in alaigbo. Instead of them to look for the unity of the country, he is busy spewing rubbish at his near-grave age.

He should be an embarrassment to you all.

Cowardly riff-raff!

Oya see another brave igbo man's contribution while you were soaking garri in your farm and shating gbama with ffk while wankin to igbo girls pictures-

What was your experience like in the struggle?

Many things have been spoken and narrated before about my experiences in that period. I want to appeal to you, let’s shift our attention from our experiences in NADECO, let’s shift to motivation; what really pushed us into the struggle and what is the position of those things in Nigeria today.

But Nigerians still want to know?

Anyway at the beginning, I was picked at home one morning by a group of policemen led by someone who later became DIG in this country and before he died in a crash we later became friends. Together with one retired ACP who was a CSP then. I was led to the Force Headquarters. While there, I was told I was carrying arms and ammunition and then, they brought a paper for me to write statement.
They also brought a paper allegedly prepared by me as NADECO’s Chairman of Action Committee where I had allegedly recommended massive arms and ammunition importation. I made it clear that if I prepared the paper brought to me, they won’t see it in the first place. They also made remarks about Dr. Beko Kuti and some other members of NADECO until the wee hours of the following day. Later, I learnt they were looking for cars and I asked what for?

They said we were travelling to my hometown. It was around 4am that early morning. I said ‘No, I am not travelling anywhere,’ and that whatever they want to do to me, they should do it there. I said ‘I am not going.’ I even told them that they take me back to my house because I won’t stay at the Force Headquarters. In the morning, they were all around. We took off to the airport. Four plain cloth policemen were with me. We flew to Port Harcourt, from there we drove to my hometown and to my house. While there, they said I should come inside and join them in searching but I declined.
One of them threatened me that what happens if they plant something capable of putting me in serious trouble, I said that will be between them and their conscience. I remained at my balcony while they conducted their search of the whole house. I overheard one of them saying this man has nothing to hide and that is where it ended and I was flown back to Lagos.
There was so much harassment meted out at me thereafter purposely to break me down. I don’t want to go into all that. But at a time, I decided to send message to Abacha. Admiral Akhigbe was by then the Naval Chief. The message I sent then was that I shouldn’t be subjected to unnecessary  harassment after serving my country well defending her territorial integrity"

Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu (Rtd)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/june-12-i-wish-we-could-play-it-back-again-kanu-nadeco-chairman/
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by 500GP: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
IT'S NOT TRUE...
THAT'S NOT THE REASON WHY IBB ANNUL JUNE 12.....
AL MUSTAPHA DIVULGED THE SECRET WHEN HE WAS RELEASED FROM PRISON BY GEJ....
AL MUSTAPHA, IBB, SAMUEL DOE (LIBERIA ) KUDIRAT ABIOLA
ARE THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE CANCELLATION OF JUNE 12..........
IT'S SAMUEL DOE MONEY(LOOTED MONEY FROM LIBERIA ) THAT HE (SAMUEL DOE ) KEPT WITH IBB CAUSED THE CANCELLATION OF JUNE 12 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by superstar1(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
nku5:

Cowardly riff-raff!

Oya see another brave igbo man's contribution while you were soaking garri in your farm and shating gbama with ffk while wankin to igbo girls pictures-

What was your experience like in the struggle?

Many things have been spoken and narrated before about my experiences in that period. I want to appeal to you, let’s shift our attention from our experiences in NADECO, let’s shift to motivation; what really pushed us into the struggle and what is the position of those things in Nigeria today.

But Nigerians still want to know?

Anyway at the beginning, I was picked at home one morning by a group of policemen led by someone who later became DIG in this country and before he died in a crash we later became friends. Together with one retired ACP who was a CSP then. I was led to the Force Headquarters. While there, I was told I was carrying arms and ammunition and then, they brought a paper for me to write statement.
They also brought a paper allegedly prepared by me as NADECO’s Chairman of Action Committee where I had allegedly recommended massive arms and ammunition importation. I made it clear that if I prepared the paper brought to me, they won’t see it in the first place. They also made remarks about Dr. Beko Kuti and some other members of NADECO until the wee hours of the following day. Later, I learnt they were looking for cars and I asked what for?

They said we were travelling to my hometown. It was around 4am that early morning. I said ‘No, I am not travelling anywhere,’ and that whatever they want to do to me, they should do it there. I said ‘I am not going.’ I even told them that they take me back to my house because I won’t stay at the Force Headquarters. In the morning, they were all around. We took off to the airport. Four plain cloth policemen were with me. We flew to Port Harcourt, from there we drove to my hometown and to my house. While there, they said I should come inside and join them in searching but I declined.
One of them threatened me that what happens if they plant something capable of putting me in serious trouble, I said that will be between them and their conscience. I remained at my balcony while they conducted their search of the whole house. I overheard one of them saying this man has nothing to hide and that is where it ended and I was flown back to Lagos.
There was so much harassment meted out at me thereafter purposely to break me down. I don’t want to go into all that. But at a time, I decided to send message to Abacha. Admiral Akhigbe was by then the Naval Chief. The message I sent then was that I shouldn’t be subjected to unnecessary  harassment after serving my country well defending her territorial integrity"

Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu (Rtd)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/june-12-i-wish-we-could-play-it-back-again-kanu-nadeco-chairman/

Rear admiral ndubuisi kanu = 40+mm y1bos grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

Rear admiral ndubuisi kanu = 40+mm y1bos grin cheesy grin cheesy

Oya baboon.

While u were wankin your life away this brave igbo man was fighting so that one day you could be free to display your ignorance all over the internet as you are doing now. Read and drop dead if you can't stand the pain. self-servicer!

"Let me share my little experience about my encounter with the late Abiola. At the peak of the annulment of the June 12, 1993, presidential election won by Abiola, the Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) under the supervision of the late Comrade Chima Ubani, who doubled then as the general secretary of a coalition of pro-democracy and human rights groups, the Campaign for Democracy (CD), invited student union and pro-democracy leaders across the nation to the Yaba, Lagos, office of the CLO. I was then the Lagos State publicity secretary of the organisation. The meeting was solely called to mobilise Nigerians for a mass protest against the wicked action of the Ibrahim Babangida-led military junta that annulled the election described as the freest and most credible election ever held in Nigeria."

http://goldmyne.tv/what-is-so-special-about-unilag/

Chima Ubani did more for ingrates like you than what 10 million ffks and tinubus can ever do.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by superstar1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
nku5:

Oya baboon.

While u were wankin your life away this brave igbo man was fighting so that one day you could be free to display your ignorance all over the internet as you are doing now. Read and drop dead if you can't stand the pain. self-servicer!

"Let me share my little experience about my encounter with the late Abiola. At the peak of the annulment of the June 12, 1993, presidential election won by Abiola, the Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) under the supervision of the late Comrade Chima Ubani, who doubled then as the general secretary of a coalition of pro-democracy and human rights groups, the Campaign for Democracy (CD), invited student union and pro-democracy leaders across the nation to the Yaba, Lagos, office of the CLO. I was then the Lagos State publicity secretary of the organisation. The meeting was solely called to mobilise Nigerians for a mass protest against the wicked action of the Ibrahim Babangida-led military junta that annulled the election described as the freest and most credible election ever held in Nigeria."

http://goldmyne.tv/what-is-so-special-about-unilag/

Chima Ubani did more for ingrates like you than what 10 million ffks and tinubus can ever do.

I repeat low lifer,

10kanus, anyanwu, ubani, agbakoba= 40+mm y1bis.

See the dull y1boman's dubious and backward logic grin cheesy grin cheesy

In your logic, Soyinka and victor banjo, ademoyega fighting for Biafra = Yorubas supporting ojukwu's pet project/NGO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It Can Only Happen In Nigeria - See Picture / Gov Excited As Leopard Spotted In Yankari After 2 Decades Of Extinct (photos) / VP Osinbajo At EITI Conference Calls For Global Action Against Corporate Secrecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.