Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,917 members, 7,821,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 (4808 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / Clark Challenges IBB To Public Senility Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

I repeat low lifer,

10kanus, anyanwu, ubani, agbakoba= 40+mm y1bis.

See the dull y1boman's dubious and backward logic grin cheesy grin cheesy

Hahahaha Ok e don dey increase to 10 abi.

I see you have retreated into your merry-go-round of ignorant chit-chat to avoid the painful reality that you were bred on a diet of bullshyte and propaganda all your life grin

Igbos did more for June 12 than you and your backward ilk. Keep making a fool of yourself and I will keep putting up the facts so that non baboons can learn something and avoid your fate

1 Like

Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by simpleseyi: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
We have been together for a long time, there is no way we would not have stepped on each other's toes. However, despite all Ibos did for and against the Yorubas, you will never ever hear a Yoruba man attribute his failure in life to Ibos. Ibos voted for Basir Tofa of the NRC during Abiola Vs Tofa election even when Basir Tofa's people voted for Abiola, but Abiola still won. An Ibo man named Artur Nzeribe went to court to stop the election. Ibos also voted for Shehu Shagari during Sagari Vs Awolowo election. Despite all these, Yoruba will never say Ibos stopped a Yoruba man from being President.

But, if an Ibo man cannot impregnate his wife, it is the Yorubas that caused it. If an Ibo man is caught with cocaine at the airport, it is the Yorubas that caused it. The 2nd Niger bridge has not been built for many years now despite Ibos governors competing with world riches men, it is still the Yorubas that caused it.

Theres was a civil war and Awolowo and Yorubas supported the side that pays the Yorubas more. If Yorubas had supported the Ibos during the war, Hausa /Fulani would have the same feelings Ibos have now, but Hausa / Fulani would have long forgotten about the war.

God has joined us together and we must learn to live together as brothers and sisters until God separates us.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ Superstar1 - ignorance and titus sardine IQ cannot be afforded in your life for much longer. As long as you bring ya scaly fingers to type on a public forum you will learn!

Oya learn of the contributions of the late businessman/politician Senator Polycarp Nwite whose biz was destroyed over the June 12

A frontline Politician and Industrialist, Senator Nwite was a very vocal political activist, who at the height of the ravenous regime of the late General Sani Abacha was one of the arrowheads of the pro-democracy group, National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) ,which insisted on the validation of the June 12, 1993

For his audacity, Nwite was hauled into detention with some of his colleague- senators such as Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State, Ameh Ebute and the late Mark Nwulu ,for unfounded allegations of being involved in the spate of bombings that rocked various parts of the country then.

https://www.nairaland.com/519088/senator-polycarp-nwite-dead

@ Super mumu - notice Mark Nwulu another igbo man grin

You are the definition of mumu. Why you no ask of your yoruba bros Ernest Shonekan who served as Interim Presido? You can't because you are an ignorant joke of a boy cheesy
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
nku5:
You might say you haven't been shaped by the internet but its obvious you have been, especially by NL. For example your pops who is in a better position to have observed the 1st republic loves Zik but you because of the filth u have ingested via the internet is spouting the ludicrous idea that Zik was a yoruba hater. Can you honestly show me any proof that Chinua Achebe (who's son-in-law is yoruba) hated yorubas? When did either of them malign yorubas?

As for the MI6 documents on Zik do you know whose idea the egbe omo oduduwa was in the first place. You would be surprised how much influence the british have over us until today. Go do your homework, you don't have to tell me your findings because you may be too shocked.

Nobody is saying yorubas shouldn't talk about June 12 but yorubas should not lie about June 12. It was NOT a yoruba campaign I must enlighten you again on that. There was no question of any tribe showing solidarity except maybe the north.

I am really sad that now you are old enough to glean through recent history, most of the great yoruba custodians of truth like Gani Fawehinmi are gone.

But seriously why would yorubas be upset that some igbo politicians call APC a yoruba party. After all the likes of ffk have been running his lip over igbos rejecting "yoruba party in the anambra elections and wanting to live in yorubaland". Nobody gets to eat his cake and have it ny brother. Even on NL don't we hear similar things

I believe pops' respect for Zik has to do with the Zik of Africa thing...and probably some superstitions about some people who declared him dead like twice or so, and the people ended up dying before him. He's old skool and I can't fault him on that. But my family has always been proper AG disciples. However, that doesn't negate the fact that Zik was selfish and utterly corrupt. He was used by the Brits for the first election rigging in Nigeria. Even with Igbo's, he left the Biafran ship when he saw it was sinking, to join the Nigerian side, just to protect himself and his investments. Heck, Ifejuna was his cousin - that alone says a lot about him. I definitely can't rate someone who was like that, especially a so-called pan-Africanist. His West African pilot sowed the seed of distrust between Igbo's and Yoruba's. I believe that was why Daily Service was created by the Yoruba's to create a balance. As for the late Chinua Achebe - his last book definitely showed who he was.

That said, internet can't change my relationship(s) with people. You know what? - I'll get a little deeper than I should with a true life story. I've got a very close Igbo friend that's from a part of London I detest a lot. We met in uni, clicked straight-away, and became very close. He grew up with people that probably killed some of the people I grew up with. However, that never changed anything. That's someone I did all the madness I did in uni with. From pressing all kinds of chics together; to getting lean while listening to 2pac and playing games for 24hrs straight; to mad crazy car chasing and adventurous driving around the UK; to making a lot of money together; to having big dream together etc.. One of the trio who later became most famous 3 kings from South London in uni. One time we went to uni party together. I went outside and I must have seen two naija international students getting beat up by yardies. I jumped in trying to break-off the fight. Obviously I had a tool on me and I probably pulled it out. Someone must've called the feds and boom there were feds everywhere. However, he was the one who distracted the feds by cursing them out. I just ran off with my other because what I had on me would've sent me to jail for at least 6 months. Anyway, he ended getting locked up in the police cell for 24 hr and was released the next day but he wasn't charged for anything. So why would I let trivial things like the internet, people's innate sentiments, ethnicity or politics change our relationship? Whenever I think about my uni life (that's one experience I cherish the most), he's always part of it. Memories are deeper than all that. That's a bond that can never be broken because the memories are going to be there forever.

Regardless, I believe it's better to always say it as it's. I believe most Yoruba's don't hate Igbo's, people are just giving back the negative energy. Igbo's also need calm down a little bit before everything gets out of hand. They might think Yoruba's would be a walk-in-the-park and easiest people to pick on for the fall-out of the Biafran war. However, it's scary to dare a group that has an imperial history, with a lot of war-experience, just because they became "sophisticated" in the 21st century.

Moreover, I believe FFK just started talking about Igbo's a few months ago. Before that, he was always full of praises for Igbo women. But it has always been the same with Igbo leaders and most times, they don't hide it. As for June 12 - it probably started as a Southern Nigerian thing - but it later became a Yoruba struggle (with the Itsekiri's and some Urhobo's), with no solidarity from the wider Igbo group, except a few in the minority. I don't think any Igbo leader of note was either killed, exiled or imprisoned for the struggle - I stand to be corrected, though.

Anyway, I don't go chasing Igbo's about on nairaland and you will never catch me on any thread about Igbo states or cities. However, in case you don't know, I'm Ijebu like Awolowo (the man most Igbo's hate for no reason) and he's definitely my "Nigerian Idol." Also, my pops is from Lagos (the state Igbo's.......................). I guess that should paint a clearer picture for you.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
shymexx:

I believe pops' respect for Zik has to do with the Zik of Africa thing...and probably some superstitions about some people who declared him dead like twice or so, and the people ended up dying before him. He's old skool and I can't fault him on that. But my family has always been proper AG disciples. However, that doesn't negate the fact that Zik was selfish and utterly corrupt. He was used by the Brits for the first election rigging in Nigeria. Even with Igbo's, he left the Biafran ship when he saw it was sinking, to join the Nigerian side, just to protect himself and his investments. Heck, Ifejuna was his cousin - that alone says a lot about him. I definitely can't rate someone who was like that, especially a so-called pan-Africanist. His West African pilot sowed the seed of distrust between Igbo's and Yoruba's. I believe that was why Daily Service was created by the Yoruba's to create a balance. As for the late Chinua Achebe - his last book definitely showed who he was.

That said, internet can't change my relationship(s) with people. You know what? - I'll get a little deeper than I should with a true life story. I've got a very close Igbo friend that's from a part of London I detest a lot. We met in uni, clicked straight-away, and became very close. He grew up with people that probably killed some of the people I grew up with. However, that never changed anything. That's someone I did all the madness I did in uni with. From pressing all kinds of chics together; to getting lean while listening to 2pac and playing games for 24hrs straight; to mad crazy car chasing and adventurous driving around the UK; to making a lot of money together; to having big dream together etc.. One of the trio who later became most famous 3 kings from South London in uni. One time we went to uni party together. I went outside and I must have seen two naija international students getting beat up by yardies. I jumped in trying to break-off the fight. Obviously I had a tool on me and I probably pulled it out. Someone must've called the feds and boom there were feds everywhere. However, he was the one who distracted the feds by cursing them out. I just ran off with my other because what I had on me would've sent me to jail for at least 6 months. Anyway, he ended getting locked up in the police cell for 24 hr and was released the next day but he wasn't charged for anything. So why would I let trivial things like the internet, people's innate sentiments, ethnicity or politics change our relationship? Whenever I think about my uni life (that's one experience I cherish the most), he's always part of it. Memories are deeper than all that. That's a bond that can never be broken because the memories are going to be there forever.

Regardless, I believe it's better to always say it as it's. I believe most Yoruba's don't hate Igbo's, people are just giving back the negative energy. Igbo's also need calm down a little bit before everything gets out of hand. They might think Yoruba's would be a walk-in-the-park and easiest people to pick on for the fall-out of the Biafran war. However, it's scary to dare a group that has an imperial history, with a lot of war-experience, just because they became "sophisticated" in the 21st century.

Moreover, I believe FFK just started talking about Igbo's a few months ago. Before that, he was always full of praises for Igbo women. But it has always been the same with Igbo leaders and most times, they don't hide it. As for June 12 - it probably started as a Southern Nigerian thing - but it later became a Yoruba struggle (with the Itsekiri's and some Urhobo's), with no solidarity from the wider Igbo group, except a few in the minority. I don't think any Igbo leader of note was either killed, exiled or imprisoned for the struggle - I stand to be corrected, though.

Anyway, I don't go chasing Igbo's about on nairaland and you will never catch me on any thread about Igbo states or cities. However, in case you don't know, I'm Ijebu like Awolowo (the man most Igbo's hate for no reason) and he's definitely my "Nigerian Idol." Also, my pops is from Lagos (the state Igbo's.......................). I guess that should paint a clearer picture for you.

I was enjoying your post until you brought up ffk. He's a diseased peasant and people who know him say he's always been a racist. Now he's broke and has to come out of the closet to catch people's attention with his madness.

I still disagree that Zik was a tribalist. Achebe had nothing against yorubas, he might have had issues with Awolowo but certainly not an entire race and the reaction of yorubas to igbos in general did a lot of damage by sending everyone to their intellectual trenches. If u can show me where achebe insulted yorubas as a group I will shut my mouth up (for now at least)

I hope your igbo homie doesn't know what u do online. Abeg go drink beer its a sunday. Try freedom park on broad street if you haven't been there yet. Its a more down to earth trip than u have gotten since you've been here I can bet.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by wordcat(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: And op, where did you see the "begging" you put in your title.

It said we backed him, not begged him.

Free education syndrom.

We backed him is quite different from we begged him. The op is still suffering from Xmass drink.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by superstar1(m): 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
nku5: @ Superstar1 - ignorance and titus sardine IQ cannot be afforded in your life for much longer. As long as you bring ya scaly fingers to type on a public forum you will learn!

Oya learn of the contributions of the late businessman/politician Senator Polycarp Nwite whose biz was destroyed over the June 12

A frontline Politician and Industrialist, Senator Nwite was a very vocal political activist, who at the height of the ravenous regime of the late General Sani Abacha was one of the arrowheads of the pro-democracy group, National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) ,which insisted on the validation of the June 12, 1993

For his audacity, Nwite was hauled into detention with some of his colleague- senators such as Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State, Ameh Ebute and the late Mark Nwulu ,for unfounded allegations of being involved in the spate of bombings that rocked various parts of the country then.

You are the definition of mumu. Why you no ask of your yoruba bros Ernest Shonekan who served as Interim Presido? You can't because you are an ignorant joke of a boy cheesy

What is this odeson nku saying.

Your verbose epistle won't save you.
Re: Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 by nku5: 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

What is this odeson nku saying.

Your verbose epistle won't save you.

So you be illiterate sef. Abeg call your interpreter to explain the following to you. You must learn

nku5: @ Superstar1 - ignorance and titus sardine IQ cannot be afforded in your life for much longer. As long as you bring ya scaly fingers to type on a public forum you will learn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Joins Us Investment Bank / $50billion Oil Fraud: Diezani, Aluko, Aiteo, Sahara Energy, Omokore, For Trial / Shame Of A Nation: Nigerians Used Nepa Ladder To Climb Unto Aeroplane (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.