Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69394 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by NeuroBoss(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
The truth is no language is easy because you have to learn every other words in the other language to make a quick mental translation. And again, you conjugate in mostly all languages. I.e the present tense conjugation of 'cho' in Igbo is done the same way as 'fé' in Yoruba, 'wollen' in German, 'querer' in Spanish and 'vouloir' in French. It may only seem easy when you learn languages in the same family. I'm a polyglot. I speak 7 languages and still counting. As experienced as I am with the previous international languages I learnt, I'm struggling with a new one
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kaysalas:
VEX IF YOU LIKE, but my guy, percentage makes up a hundred. Where you see 75%,65% and 39%?
LEARN IN CASE OF NEXT TIME!
I'm 'rating' it differently
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Toks2008(m): 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: another yoruba fallacy,claimin dt it was d yorubas dt started nollywood sad ;(,livin in bondage was d ist nollywood movie dt made wat is it today n it was produced in igbo language

Though this is a digression but it was Yoruba films that laid the foundation of Nollywood before the branding talking about the Herbert ogundes,the Baba salas, the Adeloves,the popular Igbo irumole that Igodo copied and so on.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by onlymase(m): 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa!
I've stayed in Benin for the past 16 years and cant speak Edo language but I started speaking Hausa in one year during my nysc[email][/email]
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by noble4d(m): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa language is so sweet and romantic..I'm Benin.. I speak the three main languages but Hausa is the easiest

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Speakdatruth: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
tink z hausa. liv dia b4
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Gbaskybabe(f): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Egba language is the most easiest among yoruba language.Egba ba wa o!!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by pazienza(m): 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ohraybs:
Seriously,nw I see ow ur tinking is,Bro,will b bad if I start callin you names,buh I am a matured guy,buh wah I will tell you is that Igbo Language aint recognised at all,unlike Yoruba and Hausa,Guy,go look at the slogan na(WAZOBIA),tell me,where una dey,no be last......Am not tryin to b a racist here,buh I hve given u d truth bout dis issue.......Yoruba Nollywood is far better dan Igbo,and Igbo films aint popular like Yoruba......Happy New Year Dude.....

Don't be dense. English nollywood is Igbo nollywood, the Igbo man decided to present igbo movies in English cos he wanted to reach more audience and make money too. The yorubas in contrast decided to stick with yoruba language for their movies which made their movies unattractive to non yorubas and hence less lucrative.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by pazienza(m): 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
the_ripper3:

These infantile droppings again? Which people started nollywood? Herbert Ogunde abi urself? The likes of Living in Bondage, cricle of doom,Rattlesnake, Nneka the pretty serpent were blockbuster movies wen they came out. The number one aim of a producer is to make increase viewership and make sales ultimately. The igbo producers understood this and started making movies in English which portrayed strictly igbo culture e.g igodo, ekulu, a cry for help and a plethora of them with igbo spoken. Or have u seen an Oba or Deji in a nollywood movie? That is the exclusive property of the yorubas. Igbos aren't competing with the yorubas over Nollywood. The stats are there. Kudos to the likes. Of Kenneth Nnebue and Andy best. Yorubas should continue to revel in their not-so -popular yoruba-wood. That is why most of dem aren't even known outside the shores iragbiji and osogbo.

Good reply.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
pazienza:

Don't be dense. English nollywood is Igbo nollywood, the Igbo man decided to present igbo movies in English cos he wanted to reach more audience and make money too. The yorubas in contrast decided to stick with yoruba language for their movies which made their movies unattractive to non yorubas and hence less lucrative.
if it were for the igbos alone, it would have been called igbowood but it is called [b]N[/b]ollywood and the N stands for nigeria just like G in [b]G[/b]hollywood stands for ghana, or do you see the ashantis laying sole claim to ghollywood?

Nollywood is owned by all tribes in nigeria, it just has the yoruba, hausa, igbo and english arm. Educate yourself

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by neweraking: 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
that ash hole man is lost
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by rman: 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

IGWE IS NOT DBANJ FIRST SONG THAT BROUGHT HIM TO THE LIME LIGHT ...
IT'S "WHY ME "..

IGWE IS NOT THAT ALL A HIT SONG.. ALL THE LYRICS IN IGWE COMPRISES OF ENGLISH N YORUBA LANGUAGE

Why me or " MO BO LOWO WON ". I think the later is the one that brought him to lime light
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Jimmyo3(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Try Efik and Mbube so sweet...
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by sol2galay: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
sincerely speaking hausa is the easiest nigeria language,i jst spent less than a week in the north and i am able to count thier numerical frm 1 to 100 and can understand some of thier few word.bt i ve been in lagos for 10yrs bt dont know they call 1 in yoruba. for those that said yoruba is simplier than igbo how come chinese ppl who have not stepped thier foot in african soil speak igbo and bear igbo names like chioma,oby,okeke,chima,ada etc? if you have being to china u bear me witness.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
Toks2008:

Though this is a digression but it was Yoruba films that laid the foundation of Nollywood before the branding talking about the Herbert ogundes,the Baba salas, the Adeloves,the popular Igbo irumole that Igodo copied and so on.
go read d history of nollywood n stp spreading propaganda sad sad
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by SPSpecial(m): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
the_ripper3: Yorubas and their prattling. Omotola Jalade featured on Forbes Magazine is arguably d biggest Yoruba actress and never acted Yoruba movies.

Who sabi all dis bleached up sikira sindodo, ashewo to re Mecca and other lesbians wey full Ofe-m-m-anu-wood?

Even Mercy Johnson of yesterday speaks flawless Igbo and isn't even igbo and bigger than all Ofe-mm-anu-wood ladies. The just concluded BBA had housemates speaking igbo and some African housemates speaking words like chineke, igwe and co. Jim iyke was nearly mobbed the other day in an African country

Which of-e-mm-a-n-u actor is that well known in Nigeria let alone cameroon or Kenya.

Of-em-ma-nu-wood should chill and make movies to entertain their agbero and bleached up sisters. Igbos don't care.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: Why are igbos ashamed to speak full igbos in nollywood movies must they always use english?
early nollywood movies wia produced in igbo language before igbos decided to start producin in english for it to sell world wide
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Toks2008:

ur ogunde didn't lay the history of the industry, nollywood.
Nollywood as an industry started with igbo spoken living in bondage in 92.
Igbos were making movies before the living in bondage but the latter went fast to the world and an industry started.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Namady(m): 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.
grin
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.
So Akwa Ibom and cross river na south east abi SMH
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: early nollywood movies wia produced in igbo language before igbos decided to start producin in english for it to sell world wide

Even at that, Igbo spoken movies are still produced, and it received a big boost in 2013
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: if it were for the igbos alone, it would have been called igbowood but it is called [b]N[/b]ollywood and the N stands for nigeria just like G in [b]G[/b]hollywood stands for ghana, or do you see the ashantis laying sole claim to ghollywood?

Nollywood is owned by all tribes in nigeria, it just has the yoruba, hausa, igbo and english arm. Educate yourself
mumu,why then is hausa movie industry not called hausawood instead of kannywood
yorubas shud stick wit their own movie industry jst lik d hausas n stp claomin wat they knw ntin abt
Nollywood remains igbo pride n igbo property cool cool
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

Even at that, Igbo spoken movies are still produced, and it received a big boost in 2013
dts true,i hv sum of d nollywood movies produced in igbo language..
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
Smily202: You want to know the easiest Language.........How many lang do u speak. .....

mtchewwwe
am fluent in igbo, latin,pidgin and bini . .

Ur turn
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Funjosh(m): 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
All of the above. Dont ask me because i cant explain.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ayekotoo:
no one disputes these with you. what I believe they are asking is that yoruba speaking movies are more popular/ better than Igbo speaking movies which are even insignificants

Yoruba movies are inexistent in the east while Igbo movies are there.
Igbos in SS/SE don't even know yoruba movies exist,those that are even aware say via dstv don't watch it and don't know anything abt it.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MANOSUB(m): 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bini is the easiest. I tried learning yoruba but those guys dnt make it easy. I find myself learning igbo very smoothly
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by irokop(m): 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
Guys pls permit me to summarise it. No language is incomplete or hard to learn nigerians in china speaks chainise very well so it is for nija ppl in dubai germany spain and others.

Its only ur intrest that maters, iam original nwa afor igbo but i speak french spanish and arab very well as well as my father tongue igb, as some ppl strogle in some subject at school so do ppl strogle in some language it does not mean the language is not leanable.

In my old days at aba i was supprise to seea white woman working in a sychiatric hospital at ngwa road aba and she speaks igbo very well and even write it, have you ask your self how bible was translated in igbo language.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
Shedysworld: Yoruba is the easiest, almost every Nigerian can speak at least a word in yoruba
gbam
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: if it were for the igbos alone, it would have been called igbowood but it is called [b]N[/b]ollywood and the N stands for nigeria just like G in [b]G[/b]hollywood stands for ghana, or do you see the ashantis laying sole claim to ghollywood?

We are talking of English nollywood, its owned by igbos.
Mere presence of few Yoruba actors doesn't amount to ownership.
U ppl were the ones saying that igbos now act in Yoruba movies, does that mean igbos own Yoruba nollywood?
The only kwanta there is that 2moro, Yoruba will start whinning that igbos want to dominate them in their own industry, u know Una sabi talk that kind insecurity talk.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MrPriest: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Try Pigin English; the Nigeria most widely accepted language.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.