Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69478 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by seggs101(m): 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
i think is hausa followed by yoruba
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by victorazy(m): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
irokop: Guys pls permit me to summarise it. No language is incomplete or hard to learn nigerians in china speaks chainise very well so it is for nija ppl in dubai germany spain and others.

Its only ur intrest that maters, iam original nwa afor igbo but i speak french spanish and arab very well as well as my father tongue igb, as some ppl strogle in some subject at school so do ppl strogle in some language it does not mean the language is not leanable.

In my old days at aba i was supprise to seea white woman working in a sychiatric hospital at ngwa road aba and she speaks igbo very well and even write it, have you ask your self how bible was translated in igbo language.

So true!
But e oga, u speak french, spanish, arab and igbo, na wao! U be oracle? grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
How can Igbo be claiming nollywood. Another of their numerous greediness and covetous nature showing again.

When did English become the official language of igbos. It is the official language of Nigeria. Others produce films in their language and English, why can't igbos produce Igbo films too. No wonder, Multichoice can,t give them a station, because they don't have audience.

It is either they are not proud of their culture or they don't have one. Simple. Even efik and ibibio people have started producing films in efik/ibibio

Na wa o. When will they leave tHis their greedy nature.

Nollywood refers to all the films produced in Nigeria.

Therefore all the tribes in Nigeria own Nollywood.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by chi4ik(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Obeyman: Igbo north keeps displaying ur ignorance. Very dull thing.
I won't join issue with U because I'm not a tribalist like you....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
The revenue generating potential of
Nigeria’s film industry otherwise known as
Nollywood, was once again brought to the
fore as the managing director of the
Nigerian Export Import Bank (NEXIM),
Robert Orya disclosed that the industry
generated about N126.4bn ($800m) in the
last three years, thus making it the third
highest movie revenue earner in the
world.
With a consistent production of over
2,400 yearly titles in the past three years
– 2,408; 2,514; and 2,621 in 2008, 2009
and 2010 respectively, NEXIM has
revealed that Nigeria is Africa’s biggest
movie producer. A 2011 data from the
Nigerian Film and Videos Census Board
(NFVCB) indicated that 1,743 and 1,234
movies were respectively registered and
approved. The percentages produced in
2012 in the main languages were English
(44% ), Yoruba (31%), Hausa (24%) and
Igbo (1%).
Meanwhile, the global film and
entertainment industry is reported to have
raked in about N14.3trillion ($90.6billion)
revenue in 2010, with an increased
projection of N16.2trillion ($102billion)
in 2012.
In global rankings, Hollywood still sets the
pace closely followed by India’s
Bollywood with Nollywood coming in at
third place.
-Nigerian Entertainment Today
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jimjones: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.

Rеtard. ibibio is neither spoken in Cross River nor by Cross Riverians. And akwaibom is not in the southeast.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by basilo101: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
01mcfadden:
spoken in the south-south by the people of Akwa Ibom.
u did nt do geography in ur sec sch. WTF is south-south?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:
The revenue generating potential of
Nigeria’s film industry otherwise known as
Nollywood, was once again brought to the
fore as the managing director of the
Nigerian Export Import Bank (NEXIM),
Robert Orya disclosed that the industry
generated about N126.4bn ($800m) in the
last three years, thus making it the third
highest movie revenue earner in the
world.
With a consistent production of over
2,400 yearly titles in the past three years
– 2,408; 2,514; and 2,621 in 2008, 2009
and 2010 respectively, NEXIM has
revealed that Nigeria is Africa’s biggest
movie producer. A 2011 data from the
Nigerian Film and Videos Census Board
(NFVCB) indicated that 1,743 and 1,234
movies were respectively registered and
approved. The percentages produced in
2012 in the main languages were English
(44% ), Yoruba (31%), Hausa (24%) and
Igbo (1%).
Meanwhile, the global film and
entertainment industry is reported to have
raked in about N14.3trillion ($90.6billion)
revenue in 2010, with an increased
projection of N16.2trillion ($102billion)
in 2012.
In global rankings, Hollywood still sets the
pace closely followed by India’s
Bollywood with Nollywood coming in at
third place.
-Nigerian Entertainment Today

The 44% in English consists of all the films produced in English from the industry. Whether Anag, Ijaw, Bini or nupe or igala.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by chi4ik(m): 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
fran6uc: 4 me as an ibo boy i think its hausa den yoruba b4 igbo. Hausa is a straight 4ward language & also if u stay wit dem u'l learn it faster cos dey dont communicate wit anoda language ova dia.
Den yoruba is next cos dey also ve straight 4ward language bt its acuracy is beta acquired (by birth) dan by learning it. Bt i think d language dozn't seem 2
suit doz living outside dia boundary as against hausa.
Igbo! I can confidently tel u dat irrespective of hw long u stay in igbo land as an adult u seldom b a pro in it or beta dan one immersed in it by birth or gets 2 acquire it 4rm childhood (children assimilate faster). Secondly dia's no ibo man who is fluent in as many as 3-4 different dialects because igbo has vast dialects dat are individually distinctive. I speak igbo izugbe (central igbo) & my dialect (amuda, abia) fluently bt i'd look totally foreign 2 an abakaliki or nsuka man. I'm also grabbing owerri too.
Dos of u tribalising dis thread dou uninformed should knw dat yoruba is rampant in music cos lagos is wia most productions are made which makes it easier 4 yorubas witout any knowledge of anoda language 2 fall in2 line. Pple 4rm oda languages are clustered in Lagos 2 do music thereby not being able 2 help learning d yoruba. It might interest u 2 knw dat Nigerian soldiers grind hausa well cos of there base, so locatn is a factor of rampancy.
Dont say d ibos are going extinct cos u'r simply geographicaly immobile abi u no dey c phyno (capital rec) & flavour? I bet u olamide cannot pull a crowd of 2 hundred in ebonyi cos dey dnt undastnd a tin he says.
If u go eastern u 2 wil like dia hits ova dia. (bongo, arabanko et al)

Also pls d igbos dont own nollywood bt dey tend 2 exist around a venture dat pays. PERIOD! Its nt peculiar 2 nollowood bt also in many endeavours. Doz guy just let dia accounts speak 4 dem.
Nnwa-Nne tanx 4 not discriminating against ur fellow IGBO, I hope d rest can learn from U.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by mvem(m): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
The easiest language in Nigeria should be hausa cos of its popularity...It is the most spoken language in Nigeria and one of the major languages of W.Africa.....it is spoken in Mali,Niger,part of cameroun,northern part of Benin,south of Chad e.t.c....its even d language of d nigerian army...all d whole north speak hausas either as 1st or 2nd language....U can see alot of igbos and yoruba speaking hausa but u cant see a northerner person speak igbo or yoruba, i mean hardly....and am not hausa
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by basilo101: 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
jim jones:

Rеtard. ibibio is neither spoken in Cross River nor by Cross Riverians. And akwaibom is not in the southeast.
geopolitical zone is different frm geographical location
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by basilo101: 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Easiest = Hausa
Hardest = Igbo
yoruba is gud for quarelling especially d shout of "Ahhh!!!"

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
I don,t know when we are going to stop being tribalistic over every issue that deals with indegenious tribe in nigeria.As for me I am a yoruba man and I love my language as well as every other languages in nigeria.I appreciate igbo language and hausa and also wish to speak all the languages fluently because that is what made Nigeria.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by chi4ik(m): 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
martinifeanyi: Tru tik guy
tanx bro
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
I don't know when we are going to stop being tribalistic over every issue that deals with indegenious tribe in nigeria.As for me I am a yoruba man and I love my language as well as every other languages in nigeria.I appreciate igbo language and hausa and also wish to speak all the languages fluently because that is what made Nigeria.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Dreyl(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
*yawn* damnit why is frontpage so boring today seun wetin happen
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by irokop(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
victorazy:

So true!
But e oga, u speak french, spanish, arab and igbo, na wao! U be oracle? grin

not magic my dear, the reason is that i traveled to europe by land and i stayed long in so many countries like algeria moroco libya

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yetunsbay(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

ur ogunde didn't lay the history of the industry, nollywood.
Nollywood as an industry started with igbo spoken living in bondage in 92.
Igbos were making movies before the living in bondage but the latter went fast to the world and an industry started.
still adamant
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by paj4love: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: i told you to mention your igbo seasoned musicians that sing purely in igbo then compare them with these guys: yinka ayefele, lagbaja, pasuma, kwam 1, tope alabi, osupa etc.

Note# the above names appear on newspapers, blogs, cable tv and they perform live and win awards home and abroad. Where are their igbo counterparts? Sleeping or non-existing, cos you would have mentioned their names instead of what you wrote up their.

TribalEAST: i told you to mention your igbo seasoned musicians that sing purely in igbo then compare them with these guys: yinka ayefele, lagbaja, pasuma, kwam 1, tope alabi, osupa etc.

Note# the above names appear on newspapers, blogs, cable tv and they perform live and win awards home and abroad. Where are their igbo counterparts? Sleeping or non-existing, cos you would have mentioned their names instead of what you wrote up their.

pls those name you mentioned who are they?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
haykeenz: Bcoz d british colonized a number of countries doesnt make English one of the easiest o.if u ve said one of d widely used,i might av agreed.Easy ke.our evryday written nd oral communication skills r filled wit errors.an assessment of ur thread xplainz it all.
hey dude, am perfect oo, am nt an Englishman. .xo wat happens when u ar told to write in ur own dialect just as u have written. . English was first spoken by Anglo(angle) and saxon tribe in England. A small pagan tribe, by then old or archaic English sounded same as latin, xo when d normandy people conquered england, english was forbbiden,latin were used in their church,and court houses, becos of dat it underwent various modification,English borrowed xo many words frm latin,french,spanish,greek,Afrikaans,swahili,german ,and many others, and then we borrowed it also,just for easy communication. . .xo dude how many naija lang. borrowed words frm English?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by basilo101: 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: running mad?

You mean psquare, don jazzy, dr sid, chidinma etc who are all igbos making hits in yoruba language run mad everytime they do that?
kum 2 kano n see igbos speak hausa more dan dia landlords. My point: ppl must hv 2 speak d language of dia host comunity 2 belong, weda hard or easy
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yetunsbay(m): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Oyedoyinmichael: I don't know when we are going to stop being tribalistic over every issue that deals with indegenious tribe in nigeria.As for me I am a yoruba man and I love my language as well as every other languages in nigeria.I appreciate igbo language and hausa and also wish to speak all the languages fluently because that is what made Nigeria.
9c 1 bro.i tel u each and every1 loves his/her language and dat of others bt sm1 always start dis kind of avenue."I HEREBY MOVE MOTION TO ERASE ANY DISCUSSN THAT IS BEING TRIBALISTIC AND BECOME ONE 9JA AGAIN"
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Area-Fada:
Coming to Lagos back in the mid-1980s I was shocked to see a Yoruba house help who could not understand even pidgin English.

Coming from South-South then, in addition to English, pidgin and two other local dialects, Yoruba was my third Naija language learnt within the family (due to historical mixture of tribes in the family), so it wasn't fluent. But I had no problem communicating in it as needed. I later found out that there were many youths in Lagos who could speak no English/pidgin but just Yoruba.
This is the reason why i laugh when some people say that Pidgin should be made our official language because it can be understood by everyone. I thought so some years ago, atleast for Southern Nigeria until i met several Yoruba people that couldn't converse in pidgin let alone English. It's also evident in some Igbos who live in Igboland and much more common in the North. That's why it's easier for someone to learn Hausa when living in the north or Yoruba when leaving in the west especially states other than Lagos. It's not the same for some states in the South-South because the number of ethnicities in those places are numerous, so people would rather speak pidgin and as you alluded, even old women can speak. it has become more like a lingua franca in those parts.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by slimfashionline(m): 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
I'm Igbo but I must tell u Hausa is the easiest language to learn thank u.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
kennedyugo: Well, have not learned any other Nigerian language save Igbo (sweet Igbo).
Table is known as "okpokoro" in Igbo except the use is not common, but the igbonized 'tebulu' is commonly used
nope,okpokoro means empty container
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Kaysalas(m): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: I'm 'rating' it differently
Hymn.. teach me how you ate rating it so I can learn something new... pls don't turn me down. wink
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by basilo101: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
superstar1: How can Igbo be claiming nollywood. Another of their numerous greediness and covetous nature showing again.

When did English become the official language of igbos. It is the official language of Nigeria. Others produce films in their language and English, why can't igbos produce Igbo films too. No wonder, Multichoice can,t give them a station, because they don't have audience.

It is either they are not proud of their culture or they don't have one. Simple. Even efik and ibibio people have started producing films in efik/ibibio

Na wa o. When will they leave tHis their greedy nature.

Nollywood refers to all the films produced in Nigeria.

Therefore all the tribes in Nigeria own Nollywood.
igbos started nollywood. The first nollywood movie was "Living in Bondage", an igbo movie. Bt all nigerians own nollywood nw
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Kaysalas(m): 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
At last, from page 0 - 19, Naira land can sure help you waste time enjoyably. wink
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ygenius: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bro. Seun we need threads,am bored
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by mvem(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
mvem: The easiest language in Nigeria should be hausa cos of its popularity...It is the most spoken language in Nigeria and one of the major languages of W.Africa.....it is spoken in Mali,Niger,part of cameroun,northern part of Benin,south of Chad e.t.c....its even d language of d nigerian army...all d whole north speak hausas either as 1st or 2nd language....U can see alot of igbos and yoruba speaking hausa but u cant see a northerner person speak igbo or yoruba, i mean hardly....and am not hausa
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Djkels(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
OGONI angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos] / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.