Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons (181382 Views)

2015 In Review: My Lessons For The Year. Share Yours. / Towards Achieving Financial Independence! / Your Dream Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by McWhillion(m): 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
chiboy429:

Please bro i need them too .

This is my email add chiboy429@GMAIl.COM
Download it through this link, its faster

https:///ppSL5eNd
tell me if you were able to download it.
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by chiboy429(m): 12:40am On Oct 12, 2014
McWhillion:

Not still possible
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by McWhillion(m): 3:32am On Oct 12, 2014
chiboy429:

Not still possible
check your mail
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Joy83(m): 6:15am On Oct 12, 2014
McWhillion:

I have downloaded it... Thank you boss!
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Bigdreams(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hi all,

Please, if you are a recent graduate and need your CV to be professionally re-written, I am willing to offer my professional CV writing service to the first person that quotes me and indicates interest.

Once you do that, I'll get back to you and have you forward your current CV to my email.

Thanks.

Oga Xfire, keep the fire burning.

God bless you all.

Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by chiboy429(m): 11:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
McWhillion:
check your mail

Thanks mcwhillion i got it
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by shakol91(m): 12:50am On Oct 14, 2014
@ xfire, please is there any hope for someone that studied Accounting Education with cgpa of 3.26. I don't just understand maybe applying for any relevant certificate course will be the best option now because with that cgp I know is only God that can help in labour market or what do you think is the best option. Presently no longer interested in the course and wished to change to something else due to poor accounting knowledge or do you think something can be done concerning that. Both Accounting and non-accounting gurus in the house can also help.
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by ibnSalaudeen(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2014
Bigdreams:
Hi all,

Please, if you are a recent graduate and need your CV to be professionally re-written, I am willing to offer my professional CV writing service to the first person that quotes me and indicates interest.

Once you do that, I'll get back to you and have you forward your current CV to my email.

Thanks.

God bless you all.
yes, I'm interested
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Bigdreams(m): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2014
ibnSalaudeen:

yes, I'm interested

Ok.

Send your current CV to bigdreamsconcept@gmail.com as soon as possible.
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by shakol91(m): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
shakol91:
@ xfire, please is there any hope for someone that studied Accounting Education with cgpa of 3.26. I don't just understand maybe applying for any relevant certificate course will be the best option now because with that cgp I know is only God that can help in labour market or what do you think is the best option. Presently no longer interested in the course and wished to change to something else due to poor accounting knowledge or do you think something can be done concerning that. Both Accounting and non-accounting gurus in the house can also help.
PLS HELP A BROTHER
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by onyeogalu1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bigdreams:
Hi all,

Thanks.

God bless you all.

angry angry
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Evergreen4(m): 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bigdreams:
Hi all,

Thanks.

God bless you all.
Pls sir, can I send mine too?
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by ibnSalaudeen(m): 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bigdreams:

Ok.

Send your current CV to bigdreamsconcept@gmail.com as soon as possible.
u got mail, sire
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by meiloya: 6:47am On Oct 15, 2014
Concerned people, kindly visit this new thread and state your views ..Imagine ...

https://www.nairaland.com/1949842/strategic-career-move-which-take
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Nafizzey(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2014
Bigdreams:
Hi all,

Thanks.

God bless you all.
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by DrFunmi(f): 10:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
shakol91:
But yours is Accounting Education na. You can still go into education even with a 2.2. It will only limit you if you want to gain real work experience from big firms.
Only you know your capability. If you think you can compete with others in the accounting discipline, then switch to something else you can handle. Otherwise, consider going for ICAN/ACCA or even masters.
Remember that you can have a masters in another discipline in education if you can't cope with accounting.
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Odunharry(m): 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
McWhillion:
yup, would send it in the night
harryexcel@rocketmail.com
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
I don't get it,is creating a thread that difficult We don't want to lose the essence of this thread,those advertising please kindly go create yours
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Fkforyou(m): 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
McWhillion:

. Dude pls can you send to my email, faruk10on10@yahoo.com
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by superfavour(m): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
Xfire,Where can I do offshore medical?
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by shakol91(m): 12:16am On Oct 17, 2014
DrFunmi:

But yours is Accounting Education na. You can still go into education even with a 2.2. It will only limit you if you want to gain real work experience from big firms.
Only you know your capability. If you think you can compete with others in the accounting discipline, then switch to something else you can handle. Otherwise, consider going for ICAN/ACCA or even masters.
Remember that you can have a masters in another discipline in education if you can't cope with accounting.
yes mine is education but I don't like it that way,I had no option than to settle for education/accounting during my admission process. My area of interest was management (social science) unfortunately I wasn't offered. I don't want to continue with education because teaching is not my area of interest. You said maybe I should consider ICAN/ACCA,do you think someone with poor accounting knowledge can pass any of the two? Please I need your help guys
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Capableben(m): 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
nabsprada:
morning kemitola,graduated from MAUTECH(formerly FUTY)

Repping futy anywhere, anytime...

.....LEaRNiNg from BehiNd ThE sCeNEs
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by xfire: 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
shakol91:
yes mine is education but I don't like it that way,I had no option than to settle for education/accounting during my admission process. My area of interest was management (social science) unfortunately I wasn't offered. I don't want to continue with education because teaching is not my area of interest. You said maybe I should consider ICAN/ACCA,do you think someone with poor accounting knowledge can pass any of the two? Please I need your help guys
You know your intellectual capabilities more than anyone else on this forum. You already have a good knowledge of what accounting is, given the fact that you studied accounting education. Only you can determine whether you can pass ICAN or not. No one else can.
It seems you aren't confident of your accounting knowledge and you also aren't interested in education. What then do you want exactly?

1 Like

Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by xfire: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
superfavour:
Xfire,Where can I do offshore medical?
I do not understand the question clearly. Kindly explain further in an oil and gas related thread.
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by shakol91(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
xfire:

You know your intellectual capabilities more than anyone else on this forum. You already have a good knowledge of what accounting is, given the fact that you studied accounting education. Only you can determine whether you can pass ICAN or not. No one else can.
It seems you aren't confident of your accounting knowledge and you also aren't interested in education. What then do you want exactly?
thanks for your reply sir. Pls I need you to clear the issue of cgpa first,it was stated in my first post where I mentioned your name. Secondly I believe I can still cope if I choose to proceed in any Accounting professional course,but NO. After my 4yrs in uni studying accounting edu,I have decided to drop the course and choose something else like "management" that has nothing to do with cramming of formats. I want to know maybe I can further by majoring in management @ master level. I just don't want to have anything to do with accounting again
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by xfire: 7:20am On Oct 18, 2014
shakol91:
thanks for your reply sir. Pls I need you to clear the issue of cgpa first,it was stated in my first post where I mentioned your name. Secondly I believe I can still cope if I choose to proceed in any Accounting professional course,but NO. After my 4yrs in uni studying accounting edu,I have decided to drop the course and choose something else like "management" that has nothing to do with cramming of formats. I want to know maybe I can further by majoring in management @ master level. I just don't want to have anything to do with accounting again
With a 2.2, it will most likely be tougher but it isn't ominous. There is always hope in every situation. Many organizations set the bar at 2.1. And 2.2 graduates have significantly fewer job opportunities to pursue irrespective of course of study. That's the reality everywhere, even with a CGPA of 3.49. I will advise you to always include your CGPA on your CV.
Knowing the reality will make you toughen up and brace up for the future so that you can take proactive steps towards ameliorating the effect. Knowing what to expect shouldn't make you worried. I once did an article on that on jarushub and I can either provide the link or post it here later.
Of course, you can major management at masters level. Management is one of the few career fields that almost every graduate can major in. Many institutions in Nigeria have different management courses. I know Unilag runs a Masters in Management. Some universities also run executive MBA programmes. There are different options available to you. Take time to check out the schools, courses and requirements. You may also not want to limit yourself to Nigerian institutions.
Nothing beats work experience so try also to be open employment opportunities too.

1 Like

Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by shakol91(m): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
xfire:

With a 2.2, it will most likely be tougher but it isn't ominous. There is always hope in every situation. Many organizations set the bar at 2.1. And 2.2 graduates have significantly fewer job opportunities to pursue irrespective of course of study. That's the reality everywhere, even with a CGPA of 3.49. I will advise you to always include your CGPA on your CV.
Knowing the reality will make you toughen up and brace up for the future so that you can take proactive steps towards ameliorating the effect. Knowing what to expect shouldn't make you worried. I once did an article on that on jarushub and I can either provide the link or post it here later.
Of course, you can major management at masters level. Management is one of the few career fields that almost every graduate can major in. Many institutions in Nigeria have different management courses. I know Unilag runs a Masters in Management. Some universities also run executive MBA programmes. There are different options available to you. Take time to check out the schools, courses and requirements. You may also not want to limit yourself to Nigerian institutions.
Nothing beats work experience so try also to be open employment opportunities too.
thank you very much sir. God bless you for your wonderful replies. Please I'll be very grateful if you can post the jarushub link for me
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by shakol91(m): 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
@nairalanders especially marketers, Please I will be very happy if anyone is able to share "marketing skills" with me, Either by comment or a link. Pls I need it urgently
Re: Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons by Odunharry(m): 1:10am On Oct 19, 2014
xfire morning
I am in my final year my cgpa is currently on second class upper division..
Studyin Accounting education and i am really thinking of going for a professional examination...(CIPM) is what i have in mind though.
I have always love to work in corporate organisations..
I love teaching too right from when i was young..

Would u advice me take professional exam or go for a masters first.?
My childhood drm is working in a large corporate firm..

What are the chances of breakng through the corporate world knowing fully well i am an Educational student...

Thanks very much for ur input.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (40) (Reply)

Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?' / How To Become A Nse, Coren Registered Engineer In Nigeria / CFA Candidates In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.