Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" (51238 Views)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Mudley313: 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mr Aboki:

The real story:

[img]http://beautyofthebible.files./2009/10/oh-crap.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mudley313:

The real story:

[img]http://beautyofthebible.files./2009/10/oh-crap.jpg[/img]

If Noahs Story Happened today

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Swiftboy(m): 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
This articles has dealt with most of the questions asked! Read and reason...beside there're things we cant explain with our 'scientist' knowledge.
Joshthefirst: Here's some evidence of the great flood from answersingenesis:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v3/n2/world-graveyard

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v3/n1/high-dry-sea-creatures

And how noah could fit in all the abimals:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab3/how-could-animals-fit-on-ark

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Frankenstein: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
mazaje:

According to the bible the flood happened about 6000 years ago, pretty most of the species available on earth existed at that time. . .

the earths landscape wasn't different 6000 years ago. . .Mount Everist alone is over 60 million years old according to scientific dating. . .The mythical flood did not create any ajor mountain any where. . .Most of the major mountains are millions of years old according to scientist. . .I told you in another thread that people were living and writing their own histories in places like china, india, egypt and south america uninterupted 6000 years ago. . .There is no evidence what so ever to show that the earth was once flooded, its just a jewish myth and fairy tale, many christians know this and are now saying that the flood was a local flood and not a global one. . .There is NO evidence for a global flood any where. ..

Continents were formed very long ago and not 6000 years ago. . .
It's funny how you kept using "according to scientists" to back your counter claims. Scientific theories are known to change. Let me school you
About 100 years ago, an atom was the smallest, indivisible part of an element according to a particular scientist. But years later, someone came up with radioactive bombardment and some laws were changed.
Maybe in the near future, people will be laughing at us for believing in the results of carbon dating.
Believe it or not, science isn't infallible, God is!

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by manjiggy(m): 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
mazaje:

I have told you many times to stop telling lies for Jesus. . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/egyptians/

http://io9.com/5828524/5000+year+old-carving-depicts-egypts-earliest-known-pharaoh

I gave you some links on China as well. . .still waiting for you to probide any historical evidence to show that there were no people licing in China, India and Egypt 4300 years ago. . .

Carbon dating is 95% accurate. . .It is not the only method of dating available. . . As peterphd as said, if you and the deluded people whose work you keep reading to remain ignorant actually believe that carbon dating is wrong then come forward show that it is wrong and win a Nobel peace price. Your deluded people in answers in genesis just keep poking holes by pointing at wrong or distorted studies to decieve people. They know very well that they are lying else they would have come out in the open challenge the method and win a Nobel peace price. . .the fact that they can't says it all. . .Where is your historical evidence to show that there were no people living in India, China and Egypt before, during and after the flood?. . .Where is it?. . .

The flood remains a myth, remember according to the story rainbows began to appear on earth after the flood as a convenant between yahweh and his people to let them know that he will never destroy the earth with water again. . .This is very false because rainbows are simply a refraction of water droplets when they come in contact with water droplets in the atmosphere, rainbows have been occuring for millions of years. . .Provide your evidence to show that water droplets in the atmostphere does not refract against light 4300 years ago. . .Infact rainbows occur in planet mars. . .Who did your god have a convenant with in that planent?. . .Stop believing nonsensical mythocal stories. . .Christians that really have looked at it acknowlwdge that it is false but had to say that it is a local flood so that they can keep believing, the foolish one will go to any extent to tell lies just so that they can justify their belief, example answers in genesis. . those guys are pure liars and fruadsters. . . .

Is there a possibility that people lived in China before the flood. Got wiped out by the flood and some other settled down there again?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
1st ola:

According to the bible, Noah was a Drunk...

Do you believe that? undecided
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe that? undecided

We shouldnt believe the Bible?!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
mad nigerian:

Some plausible answers....

1.The Ark was bigger than we thought...since humans were taller back then

2.The Ark was probably a spaceship.....there is a school of thought that posits that the people who lived in Noah's day were scientifially advanced, and lost all that during the flood.[url]http://www.barry.warmkessel.com/NOAH.html#4
[/url]
3.The flood was local......research proves that there was a major local flood thousands of years ago.

Anyway....all the above is speculative!

Some of your assumptions are educated while others are not. cool
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
amuneke-uto:
faith is the answer. just believe that it happened the way it is stated in the bible. period. don't add and do not subtract.

Basically, you are saying take it or leave it. Therein lies the problem. I can not take it or leave it. So if I have no faith, I am a DEMON and will not make Heaven because I do not believe in THINGS I consider to be LIES? If these things are true, why do I need faith. What is wrong in the actual facts being presented. History has told us that when something is true good to be true or has inconsistencies without any factual backing, it is usually a LIE.

My question is this : WHY is it so HARD to believe that those who WROTE the bible LIED?
Why is it that now that we have a means of checkmating all the FAKE stories told, they never HAPPEN again?
Why did all these happen when there was no means of documenting it?
Simple answer - IT IS RIDDLED WITH LIES.

I believe in GOD but I do not believe in ANY BOOK OR ANY INSTITUTION because they are filled with lies. Yes NOAH probably built that ark. YEs there was probably a flood in some isolated parts of the world. Every other thing is a BIG FAT LIE

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Frankenstein: 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mr Aboki:

My Nigga..

Did you just compare the Ark to the Pyramids?! grin

The Pyramids for starters was built by so many people.. The fact that their survey tools wey archaic, the principles they used are just also as acurate as the tools we have today. Infact, students of Geomatics Engineering study these ancient survey methods today in class in order for them to fully appreciate how we got here.

The problem here with Noah's story is not the fact that he was able to build a ship of that Magnitude in a time even before Moses (which means before the Pyramids as well as Egypt is a direct descendant of one of the sons of Noah according to the Bible), but the whole story itself..

The issues surrounding the number of people it allegedly took to build the Ark according to the Bible (because everyone in the town Which I imagine couldnt be that plenty all called Noah a Drunkard), the fact that Noah was said to be 600years old and his sons over 100 years (And Methuselah who was alive at the time was about 1000 years old) at the time..

The gathering of all Animals from the entire world which first of all is a feat on its own, howhe managed to cater to that many number of animals for 1 year, how a ship of that size even stayed afloat with that number of cargo is another matter, How he catered to Fresh water fishes (which couldnt have possibly survived in the sea as it were, How he managed to keep animals like the Penguins, Grizzly bears and other animals that only survive in cold regions cool, how he was able to contain the insects like Mosquitoes and co (some of which have a life cycle that is very short), e.t.c..

The whole story sounds like a myth.. The ages of the Characters involved alone gives it away..
5000 people were fed with five loaves of bread. I'm sure you don't believe that too. The problem here is that some people are trying to use physical knowledge to understand spiritual things which is impossible.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

Not that I'm doubting this ark story mind you. Its in the Bible after all, so it must be true. I'm just curious about a few technicalities. I'm sure you have good explanations for all of them.
Omo see ur username; Evil brain....
So Funny n scary....
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 6:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
Frankenstein: 5000 people were fed with five loaves of bread. I'm sure you don't believe that too. The problem here is that some people are trying to use physical knowledge to understand spiritual things which is impossible.

There are thousands dying in Africa today of hunger. We need some of that special bread. What makes people from back then different from people today?

3 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Frankenstein: 6:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

Basically, you are saying take it or leave it. Therein lies the problem. I can not take it or leave it. So if I have no faith, I am a DEMON and will not make Heaven because I do not believe in THINGS I consider to be LIES? If these things are true, why do I need faith. What is wrong in the actual facts being presented. History has told us that when something is true good to be true or has inconsistencies without any factual backing, it is usually a LIE.

My question is this : WHY is it so HARD to believe that those who WROTE the bible LIED?
Why is it that now that we have a means of checkmating all the FAKE stories told, they never HAPPEN again?
Why did all these happen when there was no means of documenting it?
Simple answer - IT IS RIDDLED WITH LIES.

I believe in GOD but I do not believe in ANY BOOK OR ANY INSTITUTION because they are filled with lies. Yes NOAH probably built that ark. YEs there was probably a flood in some isolated parts of the world. Every other thing is a BIG FAT LIE
You are full of unbelief. People like you look for facts and signs to believe but that's not how it works, OK. Has your science found any explanation to the healings and miracles that happen all over the world everyday? Or are they just staged performances meant to deceive people.. the only lame explanation science has got. Mind you, I've witnessed these supernatural occurrences myself.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by khattab02: 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
adexsimply:
You mean we should get our answer from a 2 minutes 26 seconds-trailer? grin grin
And when did Hollywood start supporting the bible? Can't wait to watch that movie..Emma Watson? shocked Very Great!!!
Lol!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
kado:

how dıd the ship manage to hold shark and whale? Why did he save snakes? Pls.i need answers?

Try and make educated assumptions. The recorded truth is that birds and air breathing terrestial animals were aboard the Ark and not fishes.

"Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you, to keep them alive" (Genesis 6:20; 7:15, 22)).

You see that it was only land-dwelling, air breathing animals that had to be included on the Ark ("In which is the breath of life" Genesis 7:15, 22)
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
NovusHomo:

Its a myth. It never existed.

If you insist that it is a myth then it's a true myth. cool
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
jayAjoku:

answer this is there anything too hard for God...?

With God nothing is impossible. wink
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Frankenstein: 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

There are thousands dying in Africa today of hunger. We need some of that special bread. What makes people from back then different from people today?
This world is not our home. Death is just a curtain. People have being dying for several reasons since the beginning. But as our Lord lives, no righteous man or woman will die of hunger.
By the way, this isn't the issue here. Since you believe 5000people were fed with just five loaves of bread. Why should fitting every living thing in one ark be a tough job for the Almighty God?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
born2fuck:

The Noar Ark, the fish that swallow jonah... God should help us

With God all things are possible. Do you believe?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Frankenstein: You are full of unbelief. People like you look for facts and signs to believe but that's not how it works, OK. Has your science found any explanation to the healings and miracles that happen all over the world everyday? Or are they just staged performances meant to deceive people.. the only lame explanation science has got. Mind you, I've witnessed these supernatural occurrences myself.

You do not know me so do not go around generalizing. What is wrong if I chose not to believe STORIES?
Am I a DEMON for choosing not to believe something that doesn't look or sound logical? Why does it have to be in SECRECY? If it is true, why does it have to be RESTRICTED to a CERTAIN few? Are all MEN no longer EQUAL? The issue here has nothing to with science or me believing science. It is simply htat the story of NOAH's ARK and the flood that wiped out humanity is a lie. Show me evidence that proves otherwise and do NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ASK ME TO HAVE FAITH because that is a lame excuse.

Abeg answer my question?

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If you insist that it is a myth then it's a true myth. cool

It is not a myth, It is a lie.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Frankenstein: This world is not our home. Death is just a curtain. People have being dying for several reasons since the beginning. But as our Lord lives, no righteous man or woman will die of hunger.
By the way, this isn't the issue here. Since you believe 5000people were fed with just five loaves of bread. Why should fitting every living thing in one ark be a tough job for the Almighty God?

I guess you did not "get" the sarcasm in my response. It is obvious I do not believe it that's why I said we need that special bread to eradicate famine in Africa. By the way, go to South Sudan, Somalia, congo and you will realize that people are dying of hunger every day so you may want to adjust your statement. Are those people dying not GOOD humans?

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by PALCHUX(m): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
one thing u guys don't knw is that most of the stories in the bible are of the Hebrew mythology

2 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Frankenstein: 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

You do not know me so do not go around generalizing. What is wrong if I chose not to believe STORIES?
Am I a DEMON for choosing not to believe something that doesn't look or sound logical? Why does it have to be in SECRECY? If it is true, why does it have to be RESTRICTED to a CERTAIN few? Are all MEN no longer EQUAL? The issue here has nothing to with science or me believing science. It is simply htat the story of NOAH's ARK and the flood that wiped out humanity is a lie. Show me evidence that proves otherwise and do NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ASK ME TO HAVE FAITH because that is a lame excuse.

Abeg answer my question?
Atheists claim that the world wasn't created by God and yet have no clue how the universe came into existence.
You want me to give you proofs, go to the book of Genesis and read up. A scientist can't prove that alkanes have a tetrahedral structural formula to a lay man that doesn't know the meaning of chemistry. No matter what I tell you, your unbelief will always make you see otherwise.
First of all, you have to understand who God is before you understand his works.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Frankenstein: 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

Abeg answer my question?
Atheists claim that the world wasn't created by God and yet have no clue how the universe came into existence.
You want me to give you proofs, go to the book of Genesis and read up. A scientist can't prove that alkanes have a tetrahedral structural formula to a lay man that doesn't know the meaning of chemistry. No matter what I tell you, your unbelief will always make you see otherwise.
First of all, you have to understand who God is before you understand his works.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by precious00: 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
In the words of Robert Pirsig's "when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion"
Noahs story is just like telling me that santa claus is real....religion has washed away our sense of reasoning all in the name of faith....

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
mkmyers45:

Your falling to account for marine life is inconsiderate.....

Freshwater marine life and many salt water animals will die due to huge change in salinity

Also how much food will non-hibernating animals and 8 human beings consume in a year?

It is true that most saltwater fish cannot live in freshwater, and most freshwater fish cannot live in saltwater. Most ocean fish can survive considerable reductions in the salinity of water, even though they cannot go all the way to the near-zero salinity of fresh water. In constrast, most freshwater life is intolerant to more than a slight elevation of salt levels in the water. There is also a range of brackish water that would be tolerated by nearly all ocean fish as well as a significant fraction of freshwater fish.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by dharamanil(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Joshthefirst: nope, the flood got them all. It is recorded to be global, and the flood actually happened about 4500 years ago.

let's tackle this mathematically then, no need to make assumptions. Do the maths, and you'll see that its actually even more evidence of the fact that the global flood happened about 4,500 years ago. You will have about 6.8 billion people if you do the maths with a generation period of 150 h is very conservative. Human population doubles every 50 years about, inspite of natural disasters and deaths) bros abeg u are mouthed. Some people might call me an ignorant person for this post but I must confess I like the way u try hardto make ppz understand what u talking abt. Itshows the level of knowlege u have. R E S P E C T

If you do similar geometric mathematical reconciliation with even an age like 50,000 years, with only a single set of parents and a conservative generation period, we will have an impossible number of human beings (more than 90 zeros at the back of the 1).

So doing the maths well will even prove that the earth is younger than we think, and that a global disaster must have happened 4500 years ago that reduced humanity to a population of 8.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Frankenstein: Atheists claim that the world wasn't created by God and yet have no clue how the universe came into existence.

You tell me to go to Genesis and read up? Here's my question to you. What proof is there besides what was WRITTEN and TYPED by MAN.
MAN wrote the bible so why should I just believe it. Isn't it possible they could have put some lies in there.

MAN wrote LACOMBES (heard from the old timers that book used to be hard) and people used it in primary school. If LACOMBES had written 2 + 2 = 7 without any proof, would anyone have believed it. Would faith LEAD you to believe 2 + 2 = 7?
If you can answer this, I will believe everything in the BOOK

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
mazaje:

Many many thing are too hard for god. . .example no go can heal an amputee and restore his or her amputated limbs back. . .

Many of you choose not to believe in the Global Flood because it speaks of the Judgment of God on sin.

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved to fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" (2 Peter 3:3-8 ).
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
xynerise:

Noah's ark----The Titanic

The professionals built the titanic and the amateurs built Noah's Ark. cool
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Emma8043:

oboi see jamb question

That's how evil brain must have failed Jamb questions without difficulties, he was attending to the wrong questions. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? / Deeper Life Lady Lists '20 Facts' About Godly Female Members Of Her Church / Prophet Has Sex With His Church Member's Wife And Threatens To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.