Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won (18417 Views)

'Consequences' Short Story Contest / The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest / Short Story Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by sisqology(m): 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2008
No important or sensible energy can be wasted
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by samir101ng(m): 5:22am On Aug 13, 2008
N25,000 for a short story for a movie, hmmm, shocked shocked shocked. Haba Seun, even by naija standards thats low. Imagine getting 25K for a movie that you are probably going to make millions on. If you are willing to give 25km trust nigerians you will be making a huge profit on the side. Why dont you add like 5-10% of the gross earnings of the movie ? Now thats motivation enough.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by NaijaEcash(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2008
@samir101ng
How are you going to calculate the 5-10% of unknown earnings from the movie? I'm just curious.

I didn't want to say anything on this thread, but after reading the reactions of so many Nairalander, I felt I should air my view.

Seun, has just made a proposal. He never said in his first post or subsequent replies that there is no room for bargaining. So, I personally feel that if a writer is convinced that he is too good for the amount being offered, he should write a story, "a masterpiece" and then schedule a meeting with Seun in the presence of a lawyer grin

There under a conducive atmosphere, he can ask Seun to read through the story and decided if it is what he wants. If Seun accepts it as the best, then the negotiation will start. Trust me the lawyer will ensure that everyone keeps to the agreement because he too would have built his X% into the whole deal wink

If you feel that is too cumbersome, then take the N25,000 being offered or forget it. Calling the offer a SCAM is outrageous. Nobody is being defrauded here. So I don't see the need for such accusation. So many people have writing for Nollywood movie directors without earning a kobo, and believe it or not, 25,000 for a venture that is just taking off is not PEANUT! Seun still bear the risk of the movie becoming a success. If you want to share from the proceed of the movie, then you must be willing to delay gratification!

That's my personal view anyway. Enjoy!
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by james1(m): 10:39am On Aug 13, 2008
Hey Seun.
How are you and yours?
Now to business of the moment,writing.
Make it simple:look up articles in nairaland pages,no doubt you will see articles that hold you spellbond and cause your adrenaline to raise to alarming proportions,contact the person(s) responsible for the write-up and do business.
Writing is very big business.
You will only get first rate storytellers through that medium.get ready to spend more or be ready to leave the rights of such to the writer.that is:he will forever receive royalties accruing from that movie.chances are,it might be a hit movie!
James say so. cool
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by iyc(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2008
Hey folks, this is indeed a forum and people are allowed to air their views, but it is unwise to let people go on rambling for the heaven of it. I did not intend to be rude to anyone, but we are adults and should be willing to learn: if you do not understand what is on ground, read, ask and learn.

Talk is cheap, but it is not advised that people just talk for the fun of it. Do you go and tell the organisers of a promotion or contest that their prizes are cheap? No!!! If the prize on offer is too small for you, then move on to more attractive things. I believe that some of the purposes of this forum include to bond, learn and progress. Let's stay positive and shun unnecessary criticism, petty name calling and backbiting.

Something has been offered and interested parties should go for it, while the gurus who only like to talk can keep on talking. Its just that some of us get irritated when so many supposedly enlightened people miss the very obvious point. Writers, fire on.

Cch3coo, since you are so enlightened, i think your energy and love for talk can be directed at trying out for the 25k. Nobody is running anybody down. A harsh word here or there does not always imply rudeness. Or when your dad rebukes you with harsh words, do you say he's being rude. Bro pls get the point
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by jite(f): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2008
hi guys
I wonder why there so much talk about writing a short story. See this as a challenge, it shouldn't be just about the money. Yes, 25k is small but what happened to humble beginnings. If you are a pro don't take part. Personally I love writing and i'm going to write
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by iyc(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2008
Jite that is precisely the spirit. Someone, our admin chairman, has put a prize on offer for a task. Everybody is talking about the money, only one person, as we have learnt, has taken up the challenge.

It is imperative that everyone understands that the money is only there to heighten the value of the work done, and compensate for the effort. If anyone is so good at writing, and believe they deserve more value for their effort, then please go pro. There are no limitations there. This is for the rest of us greenhorns okay.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by origina9ja(f): 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2008
anways seun i no mind
but make person help me out ooo
25,000 naira 4 pounds na how much undecided
hope it not wat i'm thinkin i neva know if i go do this deal ooo
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Cch3coo: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2008
it's just a little over one hundred Pounds Sterling.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Sisikill: 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2008
iyc:

Hey folks, this is indeed a forum and people are allowed to air their views, but it is unwise to let people go on rambling for the heaven of it. I did not intend to be rude to anyone, but we are adults and should be willing to learn: if you do not understand what is on ground, read, ask and learn.

Talk is cheap, but it is not advised that people just talk for the fun of it. Do you go and tell the organisers of a promotion or contest that their prizes are cheap? No!!! If the prize on offer is too small for you, then move on to more attractive things. I believe that some of the purposes of this forum include to bond, learn and progress. Let's stay positive and shun unnecessary criticism, petty name calling and backbiting.

Something has been offered and interested parties should go for it, while the gurus who only like to talk can keep on talking. Its just that some of us get irritated when so many supposedly enlightened people miss the very obvious point. Writers, fire on.

Cch3coo, since you are so enlightened, i think your energy and love for talk can be directed at trying out for the 25k. Nobody is running anybody down. A harsh word here or there does not always imply rudeness. Or when your dad rebukes you with harsh words, do you say he's being rude. Bro please get the point

Point, Set, and Match!!!
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Seun(m): 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2008
samir101ng:
Imagine getting 25K for a movie that you are probably going to make millions on.
All you'll be submitting is a short story.  The journey from short story to movie is complicated and unpredictable.

Why don't you add like 5-10% of the gross earnings of the ovie ? Now thats motivation enough.
If I give you 10% for a short story, what % will I give the scriptwriter? What % will I give each actor? What % will be left?

bobby101:
hello, can names be mentioned in the stories
I don't understand this, but the answer is probably yes.  How can you write a story without names?

and are you selecting  more than one story, because I can't waste my energy o shocked
If you don't think you can possibly win, then I guess you shouldn't waste your time.  Unless you value feedback.

jite:

I wonder why there so much talk about writing a short story. See this as a challenge, it shouldn't be just about the money. Yes, 25k is small but what happened to humble beginnings.
Thank you! That's one of the reasons why I don't want to raise the prize: I want a winner who actually loves writing.

Personally I love writing and I'm going to write.
Bingo.

I'm going to look for a way to honor or compensate those who narrowly miss out on the prize.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by origina9ja(f): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2008
Cch3coo:

it's just a little over one hundred Pounds Sterling.

jesu oluwa wa shocked shocked
waitin i gi use dat money do
i even think say na 1 big lipsrsealed
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by toyemi(m): 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2008
Bros, Tha is nice of you for introducing this kind of stuff. Not becos of the money attached but propelling an avenue for some of us who love writting to re unite us back to wondaful memories like secondary school days. Although my schedule is tight but will be involved.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by playahP(m): 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2008
SIR,if u need me to write a really good movie for u then u must pay half of the sum, maybe about 10k to ma account b4 i do any story for u, i have written songs and movies for top artist, i wrote kini big deal
and i wrote behind closed doors for some popular artist which i dont wanna say there names.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Sisikill: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ Seun
Sooooo, should I have my lawyers draw up the papers?

You know for me being your advisor?

'Member? cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-157754.32.html#msg2628293

Lol, sorry. . . couldn't resist. tongue
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by StephenP(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2008
playah P:

SIR,if u need me to write a really good movie for u then u must pay half of the sum, maybe about 10k to ma account before i do any story for u, i have written songs and movies for top artist, i wrote kini big deal
                              and i wrote behind closed doors for some popular artist which i don't want to say there names.
contact me on 08054816171

Isn't 10,000 too little for you? I mean you're someone who's written songs for and worked with so many popular artists, right? Shouldn't you ask for at least a million? Lest I forget, how does one write movies for musicians??
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by petroy(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2008
forget it, this is stealing, they want to sale your story to other company for better money at least 1,000,000/5,000,000, why you crack ur brain writing, they sit down to calculate what they can bring out, at the end of the day, nobody will get the prize, cos you don't know the owner of the mail. Dont write,
this is fake
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by SMC(f): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2008
playah P:

SIR,if u need me to write a really good movie for u then u must pay half of the sum, maybe about 10k to ma account before i do any story for u, i have written songs and movies for[b] top artist[/b], i wrote kini big deal
and i wrote behind closed doors for some popular artist which i don't want to say there names.
contact me on 08054816171
StephenP:

Lest I forget, how does one write movies for musicians??

The guy never wrote that he wrote movies for musicians. He said he had written [both songs and movies] for "top artist" (sic). The last time I checked, an artist included an actor and people who work in one of the performing/visual arts.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by StephenP(m): 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2008
SMC:

The guy never wrote that he wrote movies for musicians. He said he had written [both songs and movies] for "top artist" (sic). The last time I checked, an artist included an actor and people who work in one of the performing/visual arts.

In everyday English, no one uses the term artists to mean actors. It is a term mostly used for musicians and those who create an art piece.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by topup: 5:16am On Aug 15, 2008
Unfortunately StephenP I must be 'that annoying person, who always has to butt in', yes I have heard a few actors and actresses call themselves artists or have been refered to as artists.

Simply because these ones are probably either conceited in their work or very passionate/emotional about it.

You can kinda see where they come from after all graduating from the 'School of Arts' and also many of them call themselves artists because they feel their talent doesn't just stop at acting; singing (though some of them should stick to keeping their mouths closed), dancing, I mean Jennifer Lopez would call herself an artist I guess, though she acts, sings, can dance etc,
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by fyneboye(m): 8:33am On Aug 15, 2008
Seun if u need people to help u do ur assigment u can politely ask than the way u posted it. well i know some persons will CRACK their brains out to assist you. WELL DONE,
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by goodking1: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2008
seun how many story have post? people ll like to post good story 4 you to make your money, but that is too bag to make money from other people script
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by JUNIT1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2008
should we write the story here or what, but 25k o kere gan, oh, kini yen ni dollars gon, aba
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Seun(m): 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2008
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2008
@Seun,
as your treasurer, send the money to my account for safe keeping.
We don't want it to get lost. wink
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by MrCrackles(m): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

@Seun,
as your treasurer, send the money to my account for safe keeping.
We don't want it to get lost. wink

419 syndicate! grin
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Sisikill: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2008
Lawd-a-mercy!! Even the White house people didn't do this much delibration before evading Iraq!!

@ Ruby_Pearl
All proposals MUST go thru the Advisor, so better start packing some Ghana must go type present, if you know what I mean. wink
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by TrueBrit: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2008
Sisikill:

Lawd-a-mercy!! Even the White house people didn't do this much delibration before evading Iraq!!

Eh, don't you mean[b] invading[/b]? lipsrsealed The Iraqi's would have sure been happy if the Americans had evaded their country.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Sisikill: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2008
True Brit:

Eh, don't you mean[b] invading[/b]? lipsrsealed The Iraqi's would have sure been happy if the Americans had evaded their country.

Oh my! Blast my trigger happy fingers. . . thank you grin
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by StephenP(m): 3:35am On Aug 16, 2008
moa baby:

well number 1
if u have it flaunt it if u don't flaunt it not.
number 2
it makes them look sexy
number 3
we feel sexy and attractive while showing off
number 4
boys get attacted to it shocked :owhether the girl is fine or ugly
number 5
its a gift from God almighty. wink kiss

number 6
What on Earth are you talking about?
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by agent911(m): 6:56am On Aug 16, 2008
Good morning Mr. Seun, there is a defficiency of understanding in this note sent to me!

It has been over Ten years I left secondary School, so I may not still remember the last day I visited The Ministry of Education. So how can I know what is still happening in there?

This is a competition, isn't it? Even the money is too cheap, because right from the response of people responding to this brief, i discovered that you will have to increase the "Winning emolument" for you to get result.

They needed high pay before they can respond, isn't it?

O! I just looked down at the subject below, this is a pool either, that means if 200 people passes the Exam, you will all give them 25,000 Naira each (25,000 multiply by 200 people = N5,000,000.00 only.

Can you pay such a money?

Pls, think after it.
Re: Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won by Seun(m): 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2008
Hmmm, we'll see, I guess. We'll see. Thanks for dropping your comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 88th Birthday Today / Chinua Achebe Signing A Copy Of His Book 'Anthills Of Savanna' (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.