Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? (41889 Views)

The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by Mortipher: 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
As at 3 years ago;
So what happened? Did the bulletproof work?

OmoOgunmola:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am amazed at how far we have gone soo backwards as Africans. This I must attribute to Neo-colonial programming. I read several comments from educated illiterates who will believe in nothing but what they are programmed to do by that certificate from one of the so called accredited Universities. Don't get me wrong, I have two masters degrees too, but I still think outside the programming box.
To go straight to the point: African Bullet Proof Works! I have three as I write = I sold one to a US police officer in Baltimore Maryland (USA)and yes, we tried it with over 32 rounds of ammunition! (on a Rooster)
I am a descendant of Bashorun Ogunmola in Ibadan, but I now reside in the US and visits my hometown at least three times a year.
There are several types of Yoruba bulletproof:
Ayeta - A force diverts the bullet to another direction
Areta - Reduces the force of the bullet (Feels like a you are hit with peanuts)
Afeta - Takes the bullet to another dimension (The bullet will never be found)
Asaki - The gun power in bullet becomes wet instantly (The gun wont sound)
Tidijo - A force block the barrels and will backfire
Agbefo - A force actually moves you out of arms way ( will be so fast that it will not be visible to human eyes)
In my next visit to Nigeria, I will invite 5 Nairalanders to Ibadan to witness how intelligent we are. Several educated and religious people swear that this things doesn't work and states that they don't believe in it, still they carry cellphones around - Ignorants!
I know this write up will follow with several comments and questions - I cant wait
Note: while at this, please read more on Bermuda Triangle (Isle of Devil) - Where ships, Planes and humans have been disappearing for years. If a powerful force can cause 5 planes and ships to disappear within minutes, why do you think its impossible for my father to disappear at will?
http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/bermuda-triangle.htm

Since you claim you are in the US, it even makes it easier. I live in Texas. I can fly in to wherever you are to see the "ayeta" tested any time. We don't need to go all the way to nigeria. I just bought a Go Pro camera that we can use to record it. You game?
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by eposho: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Mortipher:
As at 3 years ago;
So what happened? Did the bulletproof work?

My grandfather of blessesd memory ,who was the olisa of our town,was presented with one ayeta , at an old age he doesn't see the need for one then,I was the only male staying with him then. He asked me, the elderly fella that presented the charm , nd him,to go test the potency @ Our 1acre garden but on our dog .
The dog was tied, the dane gun was loaded and shot severally . surprisingly the dog only barked and barked.
I was terified. @ that age.
Because I was a witness my grandfather returned the charm as a precaution, he was over 80 then.
He lived up to 109.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by hakimi1974(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2016
ODESHI NO DEY FOR FOR THE KIND MODERN ASSAULT RIFLE WEY DEM DEY PRODUCE NOWADAYS E.G THE TYPE WEY D.S.S DEY USE
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by goldedprince: 4:48am On Apr 21, 2017
funtanherb:
I was travelling with my Father one day...He was shot by robbers and the Guy that shot the Gun died immediately this is call badijo in african vodoo and we were detained by the police for 3 days over this...How about that ?
huh
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by goldedprince: 5:48am On Apr 21, 2017
well, i took time to read everything on this thread. i got an australian friend that is so interested in this. in fact , he actually thinks i have it cos of my confidence in time of chaos. before i go further , i must let you know am an agnostic. i neither believe this thing works or not. all i need is real life proof. if there is anyone here that has real life proof, let me know and i will be down to see it happen. if i confirm, i will introduce my friend who is willing to pay atleast 3k usd for this.
note, i wont meet you to shoot you or any think like that. just download a skype app, and lets see you shoot yourself a few time or get someone to shoot you. if you survive, then we got a deal. if you die in the process, you are on your own

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2019
3kay945:
My take, African juju works only in some certain and peculiar regions to certain people too, .
It potency is not universal..
Once again, I tried the Odeshi of knives penetration while in school and it worked.

Hello sir, good evening. I saw this post. Can you tell me more about this.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by 3kay945(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2019
Freehuman:

Hello sir, good evening. I saw this post. Can you tell me more about this.

Hmm, ok. I was in tertiary institution then, it happened that one of my friend who claimed to be fortifying himself from cultist, brought this thing he called charm. Something wrapped up with white thread or so, all you have to do is to shake the stuff close to your ear and it was believe that knife wouldn't cut you.
I did try it and was shocked with the result. Cos ordinary the knife I tried on my hand( below elbow and lap or so) would definitely cut me but it didn't.

Please note that I was scared to ask someone stab me, neither did I tried to apply much force.

However, the little force I applied would have cut my hand on a good day.

So, please don't take this as a proof that any charms or stuff work. It is just my little observation and I only did it once.

Thanks cool
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2019
3kay945:

Hmm, ok. I was in tertiary institution then, it happened that one of my friend who claimed to be fortifying himself from cultist, brought this thing he called charm. Something wrapped up with white thread or so, all you have to do is to shake the stuff close to your ear and it was believe that knife wouldn't cut you.
I did try it and was shocked with the result. Cos ordinary the knife I tried on my hand( below elbow and lap or so) would definitely cut me but it didn't.

Please note that I was scared to ask someone stab me, neither did I tried to apply much force.

However, the little force I applied would have cut my hand on a good day.

So, please don't take this as a prove that any charms or stuff work. It is just my little observation and I only did it once.

Thanks cool

Thank you Sir.
I'm a sceptic and agnostic. I really seek knowledge on certain "African Sciences" .

Thanks once again Sir.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by 3kay945(m): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
Freehuman:

Thank you Sir.
I'm a sceptic and agnostic. I really seek knowledge on certain "African Sciences" .

Thanks once again Sir.

You welcome.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by KingAzubuike(f): 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Obinoscopy:
I don't believe in such. However there was an incidence I had when I was on call in Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital Casualty Unit that made me re-consider my beliefs. The corpses of three dead Vigilante men were brought to the unit for confirmation if they're dead by a doctor. Also two of them who sustained injuries were examined by the doctors on duty. One of the survivor narrated what happened. He said they were ambushed by armed robbers who opened fire on them. The lucky ones were able to leave their patrol van and escape while three of them were stuck in the vehicle. The armed robbers were then able to remove the charm armulet from those three vigilante member who were stuck and opened fire on them. That was how they were able to kill them. When the two members who survived were asked to remove their shirts so that the doctor can examine him for injuries, low and behold, there was no wound! Yes no wound! I saw them with my very own eyes. I only observed that several parts of their body were swollen as if they were flogged with a metal. When asked, they said the bullets hit them while they were on the run but the charm on their neck made the bullets bounce off shocked

My view about this african bullet proof changed after that. I now accept that these african bullet proof charms actually work. HOWEVER they have a very high failure rate. And such charms won't work on any true christian.
Most robbers and thugs make use of locally made guns. These guns aren't superb /effective but at least can do some damage.

Asides that, those kinda guns don't use normal bullets. They make use of pellets which are replicas of bullets. Pellets are inacurate from long range but a little accurate from short range. They were designed by Western hunters to injure animals but can also kill if it hits vital organs.. That's why you hear cases of a person being shot and it didn't penetrate or he only had a swollen spot. It's either the shooter missed his shot ( which us usually the most common scenerio) or the pellets didn't do enough damage.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by KingAzubuike(f): 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
PureNigerian:
I can't believe at this day in age we still believe in this crap.
What will stop the bullets bellow
Exactly as I explained above .

Let them try the odeshi on a military standard calibre
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by KingAzubuike(f): 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kassidy90:
If u have doubts visit my home town, Ado-Odo in Ogun state, a trial will convince u, even african bomb made with local fowl's egg......I no won talk much jst visit der...then u knw say witchcraft pass aircraft
Lol bomb made with foul egg . grin.. una no go kill person.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by Obinoscopy(m): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Most robbers and thugs make use of locally made guns. These guns aren't superb /effective but at least can do some damage.

Asides that, those kinda guns don't use normal bullets. They make use of pellets which are replicas of bullets. Pellets are inacurate from long range but a little accurate from short range. They were designed by Western hunters to injure animals but can also kill if it hits vital organs.. That's why you hear cases of a person being shot and it didn't penetrate or he only had a swollen spot. It's either the shooter missed his shot ( which us usually the most common scenerio) or the pellets didn't do enough damage.
Hmmmmm, you are right.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
I do believe in juju and it use as a bullet proof but just not in the same way as it looks in the movies. I think it’s something more complicated than that and there are some repercussions to using such charms.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by MFerrara(m): 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
huxley:
I would like to see someone who has been bullet-proofed submit to test at a firing range. Don't you think that this would be more objective.

Or similar still, bullet-proof a goat, pig, or cow and test if the animal is resistant to bullet. That is what I would do before paying for such services.

It'd be very easy to set up as well - just buy a random animal, make him "bullet proof", shoot it and see the results. My money is on it being dead at that point, but that's just me.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by sharpwriter(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
1bunne4lif:
i think it works. I tried injecting a papa with the smallest needle but unfortunately, it couldn't penetrate the skin. I had to go and buy alligator pepper and bitter cola before it entered.
Sorry bro. I can see that you are still active. Please how did you use the alligator pepper and Bitter cola to finally penetrate his skin?
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by oglove231: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2022
Who is Ready To Test Is Odeshi Or Ayeta real life in Front of a live streaming camera?

Payment can be made, if insisted.

Gun Type will be AK47 or Any Modern Riffle
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by oglove231: 11:13am On Oct 02, 2022
Who is Ready To Test Is Odeshi Or Ayeta real life in Front of a live streaming camera?

Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by UCHIHAmask: 1:42am On Oct 03, 2022
oglove231:

You still on this!!
Is it that you really want to be convinced (agnostic) or you just making fun of the belief.
Re: Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? by Elliotwaveforec: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
Hmnn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures / Photo Of Ooni Enitan Adeyeye-Ogunwusi As A Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.