Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,087 members, 7,957,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers (12480 Views)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Africans Agree Somalis, And Ethiopians Best Looking Africans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
I have a friend who is Isaaq, Saád Musa.

btw isnt Dir different from Isaaq?

Well Dir is a group of various sub clans....isaaq is the biggest dir subclan most isaaq claim to descend from sheikh isaaq who came from present day iraaq to somalia in the 10th century...but this is probably a legend....isaaqs are dirs and descend from irir Samaali ....so in politics isaaqs are grouped with dir but they always act as an independent clan
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somali King:

And we had a bantu women as family and minority people rights minister in the former administration 2008-2012
Bantu people have the same rights as any somali...sometimes they are treated bad but there are some pure somali looking smal clans like Midgaans who are even treated worst than bantu

During siad barre rule calling somebody slave because he was bantu was illegal and punishible with prison

I read that Yibir and Madhiban speak a different Somali dialect than the rest and that they keep this as a secret from other clans.

Also I heard the Yibir practice magic, amulets, etc. Does this point to the older Somali religion? we dont know.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Adamskuty(m): 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somalia..king,is it true that somalis only began having bantu slaves during the 18th to 19th century?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

I read that Yibir and Madhiban speak a different Somali dialect than the rest and that they keep this as a secret from other clans.

Also I heard the Yibir practice magic, amulets, etc. Does this point to the older Somali religion? we dont know.

Thats true they speak standard somali but also have a strange dialect and nobody can undrestand it
Yibir are belived to be jews from the falasha community in ethiopia but they are muslim now....they are famous for the magic practise

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
hmm.......some say they are first Somali aboriginal settlers.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by macof(m): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somali king You never answered my question undecided
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Adamskuty: Somalia..king,is it true that somalis only began having bantu slaves during the 18th to 19th century?

Well they started in the 15th century...but we have to distinguish north central.somalis who were nomads and have no interest in having slaves while southern somalis established some muslim sultanates and traded with the arabs of oman....the arabs sold them slaves from tanzania

Somalis used them in plantations
Bantu have a reputation of hard working people

In the 19th centuries most bantus were freed or escaped because the somali sultanates were forced ti abolish slavery by the europeans
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
macof: Somali king You never answered my question undecided

What question? Sorry i probably did not see it..can you repeat?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
hmm.......some say they are first Somali aboriginal settlers.

Well the aboriginal settlers if northeb somalia are the modern day somalis...the center and the south was inhabited by ormos,bantus and bushmen like peoples ....somalis gradually migrated south abd occupied modern day somalia
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by macof(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somali King:

What question? Sorry i probably did not see it..can you repeat?

Lets say I choose to migrate to Somalia, I get an apartment and construct an altar dedicated to the primordial forces of my Yoruba tradition.
When people get to know about this, what would be their reaction?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
macof:

Lets say I choose to migrate to Somalia, I get an apartment and construct an altar dedicated to the primordial forces of my Yoruba tradition.
When people get to know about this, what would be their reaction?

Probably bad...people will be angry...not because you are youruba but because the dont like pagan stuff...even if it was christian or jew they will be angry.....most somalis are very devote muslims they will nof accepte even our old pre islamic religion to be practiced.....anyway i think that everyone should be free to practice his religion or to be atheist

2 Likes

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

@Yousuf : Because it is the true religion of your people as the God gave you.

Why cant I accept your Somali decision of islam?

Did you hear what happened in that mall in Nairobi, Kenya recently? Go figure. .

No I dont respect islam. Considering what it did to my fellow Tribesmen.

Well it was our decision to change our religion, so it shouldn't bother you at all. You are neither Somali nor Waaqist. it is as simple as that.

Why do you think that attack didn't affect Muslims? Someone I knew personally died in that attack and that person was Muslim too.
You are generalizing Muslims as if we all represent Islam. No! Islam is perfect but Muslims are far from it. You are thinking exactly like what the mainstream media wants you to believe, if the terrorists were white or non Muslim, the attack would have been written off as an act of mentally ill sociopaths. But since they were extremists, black, from immigrant background and Muslim the media couldn't believe their luck.... A chance to blame all those groups.
The attack was all about politics, the KDF and the Somali National Army took over the whole of Somalia's border regions cutting Alshabab off from Kenya and their main supply of brainwashed kids - Jomo Kenyatta airport where extremists landing there would face interrogation as much as the ones landing in Mogadishu or Kismayu. Alshabab retaliated in a strategic palce... but you see this attack along with everything else that happens in that region on a daily basis has nothing to do with Islam just as LRA, IRA and KKK has nothing to do with Christianity or any other religion that is blamed due to people misinterpreting the holy books to suit their twisted ideas.

PAGAN 9JA:
why I called you Arab slaves? because of that provocative language used by Ajuran and co. calling us apes, etc.
Also what is Somalia doing in the Arab Union?
Why have Somali women started dressing up like Arabs in the last 50yrs. These are all questions that need to be answered.

Ajuran wasn't even in that topic, he was busy comparing hair and noses with Adamskuty and co.

Somalia is believed to be in the Arab league because of the proximity, similar interests, many Somalis consider themselves to be Somalized arabs (including the Somali persident at that time Mohamed Siad Barre who is hails from the Darod clan) and also Somalis are old allies with the Arabs during the Ajuuraan-Portuguese wars and Adal-Abyssinian wars.

Although Somalis were 100% Muslim for many centuries, our people became more and more aware of their religion, especially the last 100 years starting with Sayyid Muhammad Abdullah Hassan's campaign against the Christian British, Ethiopian and Italian forces. That made people more aware of Islam and started adhering more to their religion. There are more liberal Somalis than religious ones, most barely meet the 5 pillars of Islam.

PAGAN 9JA:
why did I bring up religion?

Ethnic Religion and Culture is interrelated. I wanted to see, if he really meant what he is trying to say over here about "Somali and Nigeria" are brothers, and anti-foreign influence, etc. whether he was fanatical about islam and would disrespect Nigerians following Traditional Religion, etc.

This topic isn't about religion. That's what I meant.

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by macof(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somali King:

Probably bad...people will be angry...not because you are youruba but because the dont like pagan stuff...even if it was christian or jew they will be angry.....most somalis are very devote muslims they will nof accepte even our old pre islamic religion to be practiced.....anyway i think that everyone should be free to practice his religion or to be atheist

Ok. I understand, different people with different mind set

But if thats the case I would flee and return back to my home in Nigeria were am free to construct Anything in my compound grin grin
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
macof:

Ok. I understand, different people with different mind set

But if thats the case I would flee and return back to my home in Nigeria were am free to construct Anything in my compound grin grin

Well somalis accept people who practice their religion in private but pagan religion would be wierd....somalis are more used to see christians and jews
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
yousuf12:

Well it was our decision to change our religion, so it shouldn't bother you at all. You are neither Somali nor Waaqist. it is as simple as that.

Doesnt matter. If Im neither, doesnt mean I dont have my own brain and reasoning.

You asked me my opinion and I gave it to you.

Why do you think that attack didn't affect Muslims? Someone I knew personally died in that attack and that person was Muslim too.
You are generalizing Muslims as if we all represent Islam. No! Islam is perfect but Muslims are far from it. You are thinking exactly like what the mainstream media wants you to believe, if the terrorists were white or non Muslim, the attack would have been written off as an act of mentally ill sociopaths. But since they were extremists, black, from immigrant background and Muslim the media couldn't believe their luck.... A chance to blame all those groups.
The attack was all about politics, the KDF and the Somali National Army took over the whole of Somalia's border regions cutting Alshabab off from Kenya and their main supply of brainwashed kids - Jomo Kenyatta airport where extremists landing there would face interrogation as much as the ones landing in Mogadishu or Kismayu. Alshabab retaliated in a strategic palce... but you see this attack along with everything else that happens in that region on a daily basis has nothing to do with Islam just as LRA, IRA and KKK has nothing to do with Christianity or any other religion that is blamed due to people misinterpreting the holy books to suit their twisted ideas.

Thats what you all say. There are some good things and some bad things in the Qur'an and Hadeeth.

The fact of the matter is, in the name of these religions, a lot of attrocities have been commited around the world, throughout the ages.

Ajuran wasn't even in that topic, he was busy comparing hair and noses with Adamskuty and co.

It was a payback for his previous posts.

Somalia is believed to be in the Arab league because of the proximity, similar interests, many Somalis consider themselves to be Somalized arabs (including the Somali persident at that time Mohamed Siad Barre who is hails from the Darod clan) and also Somalis are old allies with the Arabs during the Ajuuraan-Portuguese wars and Adal-Abyssinian wars.

These Arabs you speak of during Ajuran ,etc. Where were they from?

Although Somalis were 100% Muslim for many centuries, our people became more and more aware of their religion, especially the last 100 years starting with Sayyid Muhammad Abdullah Hassan's campaign against the Christian British, Ethiopian and Italian forces. That made people more aware of Islam and started adhering more to their religion. There are more liberal Somalis than religious ones, most barely meet the 5 pillars of Islam.

True. Its not just in Somalia, but in mainland Arabia as well.

I cannot say whether that is a good thing though, seeing the state of Somalia today.

This topic isn't about religion. That's what I meant.

I have expressed my opinion on this before.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by ladionline: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
I'm laughing at macof right now, your somalia passport is on process! take it as my ogunxmas present to you. btw, Somalia king and yusuf, pagan9ja and all contributors, this is a wonderful thread. We can get to know people from the neighbourhood more and make good friendship across culture divides. I have not seen god or spirit all my life, but people I see daily are gods and words and post I read daily are spirits. Having open mind is the threshold of the true religion, 'brotherhood of man'. This religion is live on this particular thread. Who knows that somethimg like this can come from Ajuran's homeland? Love is good hate is bad. thanx to you all for making this enligthenment possible in just one day.

3 Likes

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Doesnt matter. If Im neither, doesnt mean I dont have my own brain and reasoning.

You asked me my opinion and I gave it to you.

That doesn't make sense, you hate the fact that Somalis are Muslim because you have your own brain? I don't understand what you are trying to say.
You gave me your opinion, that's true but it still doesn't give you the right to talk for Somalis like you are doing right now. I'm not meddling with Nigerian affairs, show us the same courtesy.

PAGAN 9JA:
Thats what you all say. There are some good things and some bad things in the Qur'an and Hadeeth.

The fact of the matter is, in the name of these religions, a lot of attrocities have been commited around the world, throughout the ages.

That's again your opinion and you are entitled to one but I'm saying the people who committed those attrocities do not represent the religion they claim endorses their actions or the god they call upon when they are killing the innocent.

PAGAN 9JA:
These Arabs you speak of during Ajuran ,etc. Where were they from?

There were Arab and Persian sultans along the coast of Somalia during that time, they were allowed to settle and do business there. But the ones that sought after the Ajuuraan empire's help were the Omani rulers who at that time ruled much of the East African coast. The Ajuuraan empire helped free them from the portuguese.
Similarly in the North,the Adali state were allied with the Ottoman who ruled the Arabian peninsula back then.

PAGAN 9JA:
True. Its not just in Somalia, but in mainland Arabia as well.

I cannot say whether that is a good thing though, seeing the state of Somalia today.

People can dress however they like and it has no correlation to the state Somalia is in. We all know what led to the fall of the Somali government, let's not turn a blind eye to that and blame Islam for that too.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
yousuf12:

That doesn't make sense, you hate the fact that Somalis are Muslim because you have your own brain? I don't understand what you are trying to say.
You gave me your opinion, that's true but it still doesn't give you the right to talk for Somalis like you are doing right now. I'm not meddling with Nigerian affairs, show us the same courtesy.

I said that I have my own brain to hae my own perspective on Somali religion. I dont need to be Somali for that.

Ofcourse it does give me a right. Infact no one has the right to tell me what I want to say. Im speaking for the ancestors of the Somalis. If you dont like it, that aint my problem. undecided

That's again your opinion and you are entitled to one but I'm saying the people who committed those attrocities do not represent the religion they claim endorses their actions or the god they call upon when they are killing the innocent.

From an islamic perspective, what they did isn't wrong. I don't want to go into details of religion, however if you read the Hadeeth, you will know that the killing of infidels is justifiable.
In Islam, if one doesn't wish to convert, he/she has to either pay jizya and live like dhimmis or lose his/her life.

There were Arab and Persian sultans along the coast of Somalia during that time, they were allowed to settle and do business there. But the ones that sought after the Ajuuraan empire's help were the Omani rulers who at that time ruled much of the East African coast. The Ajuuraan empire helped free them from the portuguese.
Similarly in the North,the Adali state were allied with the Ottoman who ruled the Arabian peninsula back then.

Ok.

People can dress however they like and it has no correlation to the state Somalia is in. We all know what led to the fall of the Somali government, let's not turn a blind eye to that and blame Islam for that too.

all factors are involved imho.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by SomaliKing: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
ladionline: I'm laughing at macof now, your somalia passport is on process! take it as my ogunxmas present to you. btw, Somalia king and yusuf, pagan9ja and all contributors, this is a wonderful thread. We can get to know people from the neighbourhood more and make good friendship across culture divides. I have not seen god or spirit in my life, but people i see daily are gods and words and post i read daily are spirits, having open mind is the threshold of the true religion, 'brotherhood of man'. This religion is live on this particular thread. who knows that somethimg like this can come from Ajuran's homeland. love is good hate is bad. thanx yo all.

You are 100% right i made this post to apologize in the name of our people because most somalis are not racist against the other africans,people like "ajuran" are a shame for our country abd for Africa

Because while west african and east africans hate each other the white western nationz and asians are stealing out wealth

I think that nigeria,south africa,botswana,ghana,kenya,ethiopia and even somalia if the war stops can help the whole african continent to develop

Somalia is considered a failed state but even if we have war and terrorism our country wealth grows 3% every year much more than many European countries .....botswana growth is amazing...12% every year
I think that if africans unite abd start helping each other we can change Africa....i am just kid...i am 18 i was born in 1996 i don't know much about the world...but i know cooperation and frienship is the solutione for africa

All africans abroud should return back home to help our land

Like bob marley said "Africa unite,cause we are moving right out of Babylon and we are goimg to our fathers land"

2 Likes

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

I said that I have my own brain to hae my own perspective on Somali religion. I dont need to be Somali for that.

Ofcourse it does give me a right. Infact no one has the right to tell me what I want to say. Im speaking for the ancestors of the Somalis. If you dont like it, that aint my problem. undecided

From an islamic perspective, what they did isn't wrong. I don't want to go into details of religion, however if you read the Hadeeth, you will know that the killing of infidels is justifiable.
In Islam, if one doesn't wish to convert, he/she has to either pay jizya and live like dhimmis or lose his/her life.

Ok.

all factors are involved imho.

We'll have a proper debate later when I finish this shift.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
yousuf12:

We'll have a proper debate later when I finish this shift.

ok. If its a religious one, I suggest you open it on the Religious Section so we wont derail here any further.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by ladionline: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somalia king, I'm glad at your witty response. Africa have hope if @18 you have such a good grasp of experience and information at your disposal. A change will come sooner or later to sweep away the nightmares we have endure on the continent. Its not just pain that unite us, common racial affiliations, neighbourhood and black experience are sometimes stronger than blood. We all have common destiny and the black Africa experience is our collective, grand creed. We just have to keep the flag flying, war will not do it because war did not start it, but enligthenment is our hope and as you can see, we have hope. Your points above is proof of it.

1 Like

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Fulaman198(m): 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
Somali King:

Even somali muslims and arab muslim are different
There are many differences even within the arab world

Saudis are different from tunisians or moroccans

Absolutely
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Fulaman198(m): 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
I just also wanted to say keep religious threads mainly to the religious forum. I personally am tired of insulting attacks on Islam, so I come to the culture section to not see such nonsense.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by ladionline: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fulaman198: I just also wanted to say keep religious threads mainly to the religious forum. I personally am tired of insulting attacks on Islam, so I come to the culture section to not see such nonsense.
I will encourage you to grow a thick skin, my brother. There is a reason it is call nairaland. If I ever have a site like this, I will call it problemland. It's fine, everybody have one. Thanks for killing axum lest our own Ajuran come alive at the heat of the moment. People=problem.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
ok. If its a religious one, I suggest you open it on the Religious Section so we wont derail here any further.

Ok. Check the religion section.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 8:54am On Jan 10, 2014
West Africans who do not know about eastern African history, let me warn you: Somalians are the enemies of all phenotypically black people. They are the offspring of Eurasian invaders onto the continent. They have enslaved Africans on the eastern coast of Africa for years. As have Ethiopians. Ethiopia abolished slavery in the mid-20th century. The Somalians traded in Bantu slaves, the Ethiopians in Nilotic slaves. The Ethiopians used to castrate the slaves for Arabs as Islam prohibited castration and Ethiopia was a pre-Islamic Arab/Yemeni Christian nation. The Somalians used to help in raiding slaves. All the groups of the Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, Djibouti) are the children of the slave traders of the eastern right half of the continent historically, even before the rise of Islam and the Arab Muslim and Portuguese Christian slave trade. Like all mixed race offspring they have served as middle-men between their two ancestries.

Ethiopia has attempted to cash in on African liberation by spearheading the African Union so it may continue to act as a middleman for Middle Eastern and European interests. As soon as Somalia reaches peace they will do the same.

Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti are the pits of hell in Africa where millions of our phenotypically black African ancestors were captured and sold in their slave markets. They as well as Arabs and Europeans deserve no place in the African continent:

"Emperor Menelik II, who has been described as Ethiopia's "greatest slave entrepreneur", taxed the trade to pay for guns and ammunition as he battled for control of the whole country, which he ruled from 1889 to 1913. " http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14357121

The descendants of these slaves which are called black people in Ethiopia and Eritrea and Somalia and Djibouti are still known as Baria (slave in Ethiopia and Eritrea for any of their Nilotic minorities) and Jareer (slave in Somalia and Djibouti for any of their Bantu minorities), just like the Arabs still call black people Abd as a common name.

These are your enemies they have shown their stripes! I am happy they have trolled around online so their racism and this hidden history can be exposed and we can unite against them in honor of our ancestors they burned, raped, pillaged and killed. Abibifahodie (Complete African Liberation!)

All non-phenotypically black Africans are enemies of Africa by definition but pay careful attention to and protect yourself from three historically dangerous groups: (1) Horn of Africans (2) Arabs (3) Europeans.

Former slaveowners will always treat you in the way these three groups treat Africans. Do not be surprised. It is expected. But their whitewashing of their history and creation of AU headquarters there, propaganda towards Africans and attempt to take advantage of the rise of Africa has obscured this history to many Africans, especially those in West Africa who are far from where the history of this trade occurred. But be sure, phenotypically-Black Africans - Bantus and Nilotes especially in southern Somalia and southern Ethiopia and Eritrea respectively know very well these people are their enemies. Do not dishonor your ancestors by befriending the enemies, killers, capturers and slaveholders of your African brothers and sisters.

Their intermixing and cooperation with the invaders of the continent created the results of what you see today on Nairaland and elsewhere online- historical and continued enemies to phenotypically-black African people everywhere. Beware!

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by ladionline: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2014
Greaaaat apocalypto!

we'll always give peace a chance,
We will always treasure our history.
But the black race will never ever experience
anything so evil like it happen in the past ever again.
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
Africa4Africans: West Africans who do not know about eastern African history, let me warn you: Somalians are the enemies of all phenotypically black people. They are the offspring of Eurasian invaders onto the continent. They have enslaved Africans on the eastern coast of Africa for years. As have Ethiopians. Ethiopia abolished slavery in the mid-20th century. The Somalians traded in Bantu slaves, the Ethiopians in Nilotic slaves. The Ethiopians used to castrate the slaves for Arabs as Islam prohibited castration and Ethiopia was a pre-Islamic Arab/Yemeni Christian nation. The Somalians used to help in raiding slaves. All the groups of the Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, Djibouti) are the children of the slave traders of the eastern right half of the continent historically, even before the rise of Islam and the Arab Muslim and Portuguese Christian slave trade. Like all mixed race offspring they have served as middle-men between their two ancestries.

Ethiopia has attempted to cash in on African liberation by spearheading the African Union so it may continue to act as a middleman for Middle Eastern and European interests. As soon as Somalia reaches peace they will do the same.

Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti are the pits of hell in Africa where millions of our phenotypically black African ancestors were captured and sold in their slave markets. They as well as Arabs and Europeans deserve no place in the African continent:

"Emperor Menelik II, who has been described as Ethiopia's "greatest slave entrepreneur", taxed the trade to pay for guns and ammunition as he battled for control of the whole country, which he ruled from 1889 to 1913. " http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14357121

The descendants of these slaves which are called black people in Ethiopia and Eritrea and Somalia and Djibouti are still known as Baria (slave in Ethiopia and Eritrea for any of their Nilotic minorities) and Jareer (slave in Somalia and Djibouti for any of their Bantu minorities), just like the Arabs still call black people Abd as a common name.

These are your enemies they have shown their stripes! I am happy they have trolled around online so their racism and this hidden history can be exposed and we can unite against them in honor of our ancestors they burned, raped, pillaged and killed. Abibifahodie (Complete African Liberation!)

All non-phenotypically black Africans are enemies of Africa by definition but pay careful attention to and protect yourself from three historically dangerous groups: (1) Horn of Africans (2) Arabs (3) Europeans.

Former slaveowners will always treat you in the way these three groups treat Africans. Do not be surprised. It is expected. But their whitewashing of their history and creation of AU headquarters there, propaganda towards Africans and attempt to take advantage of the rise of Africa has obscured this history to many Africans, especially those in West Africa who are far from where the history of this trade occurred. But be sure, phenotypically-Black Africans - Bantus and Nilotes especially in southern Somalia and southern Ethiopia and Eritrea respectively know very well these people are their enemies. Do not dishonor your ancestors by befriending the enemies, killers, capturers and slaveholders of your African brothers and sisters.

Their intermixing and cooperation with the invaders of the continent created the results of what you see today on Nairaland and elsewhere online- historical and continued enemies to phenotypically-black African people everywhere. Beware!

Dude (or lady), u just joined nairaland. Barely six hours ago actually. And already u've started 3 hate threads and made over 30 hate-filled, history-distorting comments. What gives?
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
Radoillo II:

Dude (or lady), u just joined nairaland. Barely six hours ago actually. And already u've started 3 hate threads and made over 30 hate-filled, history-distorting comments. What gives?

It is not history-distorting. What is wrong with you black African people that you will sit as Arabs massacre black people in Sudan and giggle as Tutsis enslave Hutus in Rwanda and Burundi and destabilize DR Congo and Uganda and dance while Ethiopians and Somalians oppress their phenotypically black minorities?? I am giving you guys the benefit of the doubt that you don't know about eastern Africa and I am here to educate you. But once you know the truth and you continue to worship these enemies of the phenotypically black people in eastern Africa then I will label you a fool or a coward. I assume though you do not know about this history of these people on the continent. There is no historical distortion.

These are the people they call Baria in Ethiopia (Nilo-Saharans) and Jareer in Somalia (Bantu) both words for slaves, just like Abd for Arabs:

Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
It enrages [/b]me to see Africans worshipping the children of slaveowners and slavetraders-they only abolished the trade in the mid-20th century!!! I understand if you do not know how Nilo-Saharan people continue to suffer in Ethiopia and Bantu peoples in Somalia and that is why I am here to inform you because the Ethiopian propaganda with the African Union has been so deep, millions and millions of people were shipped through Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea and Djibouti-many of the slaves were castrated by Ethiopians because Muslims were not supposed to castrate slaves but Ethiopian Christians had no such qualms. If that does not horrify you, what does?[b] There is no distortion of historical facts:

Ethiopia Slave Trade-only abolished in mid-20th century-just like among Arabs and Europeans, this is ingrained in their culture, their disdain for "barias" or phenotypical blacks, no matter their claims to "African unity" to cash in on the rise of Africa:

smiley BBC News - How an Ethiopian slave became a South African teacher

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14357121

Aug 24, 2011 - Emperor Menelik II, who has been described as Ethiopia's "greatest slave entrepreneur", taxed the trade to pay for guns and ammunition as he ...

smiley Economic and Political Aspects of the Slave Trade in Ethiopia ... - jstor

www.jstor.org/stable/220348

by A Moore-Harell - ‎1999 - ‎Cited by 6 - ‎Related articles
In Ethiopia on the other hand, both slavery and trade in slaves were ... taken by...Ethiopian rulers against the slave trade reflected European.

smiley Slavery, the Slave Trade and the Economic Reorganization of ... - jstor
www.jstor.org/stable/3601214
by JR Edwards - ‎1982 - ‎Cited by 11 - ‎Related articles
tinuing decline of the slave trade and slavery in Ethiopia was the result of increasing reliance on wage labor and capital in produc- tion. They argue that slaves ...

smiley the ethiopian slave trade in the nineteenth and early twentieth ...
jss.oxfordjournals.org/content/9/1/220.full.pdf‎
by R PANKHURST - ‎1964 - ‎Cited by 13 - ‎Related articles
Slavery, which was of great antiquity in Ethiopia, was well established and ... of the Ethiopian slave trade and perhaps an idea of its approxi- mate order, of ...

smiley The Making of Modern Ethiopia: 1896-1974
books.google.com/books?isbn=1569020019

Teshale Tibebu - 1995 - ‎History
client relationship; in the latter, that of master-slave relations. ... It is difficult to calculate the magnitude of the slave trade out of Ethiopia during the nineteenth ...

smiley [DOC]
press release - Cultural Survival

www.culturalsurvival.org/.../senpim_press_release_final_sept_2012.doc
As Ethiopian centralism was primarily built on slave trade economy the history ... and perceives any dark-skin African to be slave (baria) by derogatory terms; ...

smiley allAfrica.com: Ethiopia: Who Was Emperor Haile Selassie's Mother ..

allafrica.com/stories/201207060476.html

Jul 5, 2012 - This is a controversial topic that many Ethiopians feel uncomfortable to talk ... people did call him "baria," derogatory word, which means slave, ...
Re: Somalis And Nigerians Are Brothers by Africa4Africans: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
Slave Trade In Somalia-Bantu Descendants Are Also Being Targeted in the Somalia Civil War-Attacks and Harassment So Bad Things So Bad They Had to Be Separated into Separate Refugee Camps in Kenya-Are These Your Brothers?

smileyUnraveling Somalia: Race, Violence, and the Legacy of Slaves

books.google.com/books?isbn=0812216881

Catherine Lowe Besteman - 1999 - ‎History
Numbers It is clear that the seaborne trade in East African slaves to Somalia grew dramatically over the course of the early nineteenth century. In tracing the ...

smiley BANTU - Wnpt
www.wnpt.org/productions/nextdoorneighbors/somali/bantu.html

When was slavery abolished in Somalia? What is the ... to southern Somalia, regularly abducted Africans from these areas and forced them into the slave trade.

smiley Somalia: Kizito's story - YouTube
► 5:28► 5:28
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nIdb-qBISo

Aug 29, 2012 - Uploaded by Australia for UNHCR
"Being seen as a slave led me to stop loving that place". Osman Mwale Macheremu, whose nickname is ...

smiley Search Results
Somalia - Page 21 - Google Books Resul

books.google.com/books?isbn=0761420827

Susan M. Hassig, ‎Zawiah Abdul Latif - 2008 - ‎History
During the next two centuries, Mogadishu and other coastal trading cities prospered. ... temporarily pushed the slave trade overland to Somalia's southern ports.

smiley Human Trafficking & Modern-day Slavery, Somalia - Global Human ...
globantihumantraffickwatch..com/.../human-trafficking-modern...‎
Apr 1, 2011 - The human trafficking trade out of Somalia is now one of the busiest, most lucrative and the most lethal in the world. The ferocious violence and ...

smileyAbolition and Its Aftermath in the Indian Ocean Africa and Asia
books.google.com/books?isbn=0203493028
Gwyn Campbell - 2004 - ‎History
Abolition Slaves on the Benadir coast could be purchased, sold, inherited or ... and the existence of an extensive slave-import trade in southern Somalia via the ...

smileyThe End of Slavery in Africa - Page 309 - Google Books Result
books.google.com/books?isbn=0299115542
Suzanne Miers, ‎Richard L. Roberts - 1988 - ‎History
Southern Somalia in southern Somalia, during which the Italian presence ... the slave trade and suppressing the institution of slavery along the Somali coast, but ...

smileyAcculturation and School Adaptation of Somali Bantu Refugee Children
books.google.com/books?isbn=0549861742

Manbeena Sekhon - 2008
As noted by Chanoff (2002), Somali Bantus, many of whom have sought refuge for ... province, are living reminders of the once vast Indian Ocean slave trade.

smiley[PDF]
18009 - Somali Bantu Project
www.bantusupport.pdx.edu/relations/SOB.pd
Oct 14, 2008 - Somalia Historical Timeline. Indian Ocean slave trade brings East Africans to southern Somalia as slaves for agricultural plantations and.

smiley Unraveling Somalia: Race, Violence, and the Legacy of Slavery
books.google.com/books?isbn=0812216881 Catherine Lowe Besteman - 1999 - ‎History
In Somalia, "infidels" were purchased as slaves and remade as "jareer" Muslims.15 ... Speke recorded in 1855 that Somalis believed the slave trade was their ...

smiley The Invention of Somalia - Page 49 - Google Books Result
books.google.com/books?isbn=0932415997

Ali Jimale Ahmed - 1995 - ‎History
Speke recorded in 1855 that Somalis believed the slave trade was their Quranic ... 3o The jareer label then, while referring to a complex of features believed to ...

smileyThe Politics of Dress in Somali Culture - Page 38 - Google Books Result
books.google.com/books?isbn=025322313X

Heather Marie Akou - 2011 - ‎Design
Margaret Laurence recorded sharp differences in dress between Somalis and ... This did not completely halt the trade; instead, slaves captured from Central Africa ... Another term used for these newcomers was tiin jareer meaning “hard hair.

smileyPDF]
The struggle of the marginalized in Somalia - Somali Family Service
ussfs.org/sfs/wp-content/.../ThestruggleofthemarginalizedinSomalia.pdf

by C Webersik - ‎Cited by 19 - ‎Related articles
Mirifle (Rahanweyn), among minority clans such as the Jareer and among nomadic clan .... means to pursue trade, to get employment or to participate in political .... One is between ethnic Somalis and descendants of former slaves, the Jareer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Oriki Of Omo Ede - What Is Your Oriki / Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law / A Thread Fi Jamaican Patois!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.