Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? (2561 Views)

My Roommate's Mother Just Found Out He's Gay. / I Like Sleeping With My Hubby But He Snores,please Help Me / I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by DONRAW89(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2014
I live in a room with a friend, my problem is that he snores so loud whenever he sleeps and it affects me negatively because when he starts I can't sleep anymore. Please what do I do?
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by Dgoz(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2014
Go buy silencer attach am to him mouth anytime he wan sleep.
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 05, 2014
Endure till you get another room. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by tchigofigo(m): 7:54am On Jan 05, 2014
connect ear-piece, mouth-piece n nose-piece to all d holes in his face..le im snoor on P
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by Maipride(f): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2014
Nothing you can do. Shee you will tell him not to sleep nii? I doubt it.
Endure or go get yourself another room.

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by slimyem: 9:20am On Jan 05, 2014
Gets ear muff nah...
Its simple.
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2014
Cut of Uя̲̅ ear
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2014
slimyem: Gets ear muff nah...
Its simple.

I snore like a truck these days.
Lollllz.

I terrorise all my housemates...... but since I don't sleep more than just 3 hrs per day I guess they only have to endure till 2am when am awake.

Op..... I don't suggest using ear muff o.

That is a dangerous short cut. You have all you ears blocked to all sounds when u have it on. That's not really security friendly except you don't care much about what goes around you when you are zzzzzzzzz.

Endure please or you get your room.

2 Likes

Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by DONRAW89(m): 10:07am On Jan 05, 2014
Thank ya all, I think I have gotten an idea.
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by An0nimus: 10:46am On Jan 05, 2014
DONRAW89: Thank ya all, I think I have gotten an idea.
Please don't strangle himembarassed
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2014
Lolllzzz @ comments.my own motto in life if you cant join them beat them.na you go devise means.wa dogbon si ni cheesy

back in school those days i had a roomate who snores.when she starts,e go be like say them on generator beside me.though i dont blame her for her snorring much because shes over weight and many over weight people snore,yet she wont do away with supreme ice cream.if you wan see bucket of choclate,na beside her bed.she go chop am sotey,choclates will be hanging on her teeth till she sleeps off.so what i used to do was that i will force myself to sleep before she comes back so when she comes i wont hear anything when she starts snoring but that her snore will not let me sleep.after 1 month of endurance and i couldnt cope i said banke,please sit down,i want to talk to you

it was easier because she was younger than i in age and level.so i said banke,this choclates and ice cream you keep spending on yourself is not good for you and people around you. She said how,i said you have a bad eating habit e.g eating pizza or choclates around quarter to 10.you will eat choclate and leave the remaing on your bed.all this junks are making you add weight and when you sleep,you start snoring,she said really?i said yes,you snore in a terrible way thats why two other people have left the room to go and sleep in their friends room.not that i cant sleep there but i cannot leave the room i paid for because someone is snoring.she said she doesnt believe i snore because no one has told her she snores,i said ok,just work on the way you wat.if your roomates can endure it or leave the room for you,your husband will kuku leave the house for you in extreme cases.she said,ok,ill do something about it,i said the better for you

since there was no cell phone those days,i had to go to my friend in masscommunication department to borrow me her tape player.she said she is using it,i said ok weekend,no classes,you wont use it right? She said yes,can i come on friday evening,she said cool.so i took it andtold her i will bring it on sunday evening.she said ok.i took it to my room and put an empty tape in it, put it very close to bankes bed,i pressed the record button and it started recording her snorring at night.the following morning which was saturday,i said banke come o.she said she wants to go and wash her clothes,i said ok,when you are done,come,i want to show you something.when she came around i played the tape for her.she said gosh,talo horun be? (who is snorring like that) i said you.she was shocked and put her hand on her chest,she said me,i said yes.so you know why chinwe and rita left the room.she felt embarassed,i said work on it o,she said ok,but can you please do me a favour,i said what? She said please let this be between 2 of us,dont play the tape for anyone,i said as long as you change.stop all the eating late nights and junks, change your eating habits.on saturday and sunday,when i go to the gym,you will follow me.deal? She said its ok..i walked away and put the tape player in the wardrobe,locked it and continue reading the novel i was reading.na she wake me up the following day,by 6.30 am.shewa oya,lets go.i said let it be 7 na,they wont have opened.1 and a half months later,her snorring stopped,it didnt take 2 months before all the flabby arms,saggy tummy and lumps on her thighs dried away.

At the end of the day,we both helped each other and we became very close friends.her weight loss helped her stopped snoring and made me have a sound sleep and i also forced her to get rid of those irritating fats.before she couldnt wear tan tops and boddy hugging clothes,now she can wear anything,before them no born am well to wear leggings,now shes free to wear any kind of cloth.i was happy i changed her life before travelling to new york for her masters then,that was how we lost contact

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by bellong: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2014
Put a cork stopper in his mouth to block the noise.... #just joking, don't try it ooo...

Wake him to adjust his sleeping position, it affects the flow of air
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by slimyem: 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Royal Roy:

Lollllz.
huh?
I just lost interest tongue

That is a dangerous short cut. You have all you ears blocked to all sounds when u have it on. That's not really security friendly except you don't care much about what goes around you when you are zzzzzzzzz.

Security sha? What about those who sleep like dead people and are naturally oblivious to all sounds around them as soon as their eyes are shut?
What takes care of security for those ones ?

Well...the bolded is the only safe option and I guess if op could deal with/afford the options,he wouldn't have started d threadundecided
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by slimyem: 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
bellong: Put a cork stopper in his mouth to block the noise.... #just joking, don't try it ooo...

Wake him to adjust his sleeping position, it affects the flow of air
how many times will he wake him?
This is as good as being a night watchman. He'll never get any sleep.
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by bellong: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
slimyem: how many times will he wake him?
This is as good as being a night watchman. He'll never get any sleep.

Not really, some after adjusting sleeping position do not snore again. His room mate could be in that category.
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by blank(f): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
@Kulyie, that is a cool story. However, it only works when the snoring is caused by being overweight. There are people with other reasons for snoring which would require surgery. Try and tell them to have the surgery so you can sleep and hear what they will say.
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by slimyem: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
bellong:

Not really, some after adjusting sleeping position do not snore again. His room mate could be in that category.
At least,you said "some".
The last time I slept next to a snoring person and used your method,my face was swollen as can be the next morning. I tapped/woke the person up close to 12 times before daybreak.
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
On a lighter note and believe it or not:

hubby & I record our snoring sounds on our phones and play it next morning, up till now. Very funny I tell ya. Kids will laugh so tey esp the part where we peg our mouth & nose to stop the sounds cheesy.
That reminds me to add it to our family video library, something to laugh about when we retire. grin

Abeg snoring is the least of my worries, Thank God for the gift of life.*cheesy I know.
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by bluuu: 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
^^lolgringringringrin

1 Like

Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by mysticgal(f): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
my room mates know me for this;if you snore i put pillow on your face or worse worse pour you waterangry
Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
Just lightly peg his lips & nose. make sure you don't obstruct his breathing. That should do the trick grin

Re: My Roommate Snores So Loud What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Royal Roy:

Lollllz.

I terrorise all my housemates...... but since I don't sleep more than just 3 hrs per day I guess they only have to endure till 2am when am awake.

Oh just saw this.

No # of ENT visit will stop mine , not after a long day. Abegiii cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Please Marry My Friend / Closed Thread / Pls Guys, When Is It Right To Start Living On Your Own?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.